Vetting Nominees R.E. Ronny Jackson

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Vetting Nominees R.E. Ronny Jackson

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 am

I really wish the Trump Admin. would check the people they are going to nominate to important federal jobs a bit farther than whether or not they have EVER been critical of Trump or one of his kids.
I also want to know how Ronny Jackson went from being a Captain to an Admiral in only a few short years.

Pundit; "You don't take someone who used to manage a Starbucks franchise and then install them as the CEO of the entire corporation".

What ever happened to only going to hire the "Best People"???? Trump isn't draining the swamp he is EMPOWERING the swamp!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Vetting Nominees R.E. Ronny Jackson

Postby burrrton » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:32 pm

I also want to know how Ronny Jackson went from being a Captain to an Admiral in only a few short years.

Answer: It's none of your business, and you probably wouldn't understand if they told you.

I don't have any idea who the guy is, what the position is for which he's being nominated, nor what his rank was, but if you achieve a high position in the Armed Forces, nobody but the people who promoted him have any room to criticize.

Sorry, but sometimes, the Dunning-Kruger stuff hacks me off.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:53 am

Jackson was nominated by Trump to lead the Veterans affairs department, second largest in the government and a total cluster currently.Trump sacked David Shulkin who was the lone holdover from the Obama administration and was beginning to turn the tide just a bit.
Ronnie Jackson's qualifications were being the president's personal physician, a position he had held for 3 administrations. His most notable moment was a glowing 2 hour press briefing on Trump's physical and mental examination where he said things like Trump had "amazing genetics and if he exercised and ate healthy he would live 200 years" he described him as in excellent health despite releasing statistics that showed his borderline obese and had some symptoms of coronary artery disease. He administered a mental acuity test which he said the president passed with flying colors which is basically identifying shapes, colors, animals etc. And Voila!!!Hes the Nominee to deal with millions of sick hurting vets.

His nomination was derailed by allegations of handing out pain meds and stimulants like candy, being drunk on duty and crashing a car while intoxicated at one point,beating on the door of a woman drunk in a hotel etc. While most are unproven other than 20 witness accounts and rebutted by conflicting accounts by the Obama administration etc it was clear to me the man simply lacked the qualifications to be nominated and I feel sorry for him in many ways to have his personal life drug through the mud.He did withdraw from consideration over the allegations.

But let's remember the president also floated the notion that his personal Trump 727 pilot should run the FAA. I couldn't agree more that he is utterly unqualified to nominate anyone for the PTA much less the federal government.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu May 10, 2018 9:31 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I also want to know how Ronny Jackson went from being a Captain to an Admiral in only a few short years.

burrrton wrote:Answer: It's none of your business, and you probably wouldn't understand if they told you.

I don't have any idea who the guy is, what the position is for which he's being nominated, nor what his rank was, but if you achieve a high position in the Armed Forces, nobody but the people who promoted him have any room to criticize.

Sorry, but sometimes, the Dunning-Kruger stuff hacks me off.

To 4Ever, remember that a captain in the Navy is 4 bars. That is equivalent to an Army Colonel. The next available promotion would be an Admiral with one star. The Navy only allows you to be in high ranking positions for a certain amount of time. If you are not promoted (or passed over) during that time you retire at the end of that period. By making Admiral (a very limited position) Jackson was clearly considered very important to the Navy mission.

To burrrton, respectfully disagree. Most promotions in the Navy are public. Also, most promotions follow similar guidelines. The nomination to Cabinet Secretary has always brought with it very close scrutiny of formerly held positions. That said I never read any one in government questioning his promotion to Rear Admiral.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm

FolkCrusader wrote:To 4Ever, remember that a captain in the Navy is 4 bars. That is equivalent to an Army Colonel. The next available promotion would be an Admiral with one star. The Navy only allows you to be in high ranking positions for a certain amount of time. If you are not promoted (or passed over) during that time you retire at the end of that period. By making Admiral (a very limited position) Jackson was clearly considered very important to the Navy mission.

To burrrton, respectfully disagree. Most promotions in the Navy are public. Also, most promotions follow similar guidelines. The nomination to Cabinet Secretary has always brought with it very close scrutiny of formerly held positions. That said I never read any one in government questioning his promotion to Rear Admiral.

Great post, FC! I learned a couple of things from it. Thanks for your input!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm

To burrrton, respectfully disagree. Most promotions in the Navy are public.

Understood. I didn't mean I thought it was necessarily classified information- my phrasing was poor.

Thanks for the clarification.
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Off Topic