Lecture on COVID19...Very informative

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Lecture on COVID19...Very informative

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 pm

Dr. Seheult gives a great lecture on COVID19. He knows how to break down the science in a way that is understandable. Great watch. This guy is apolitical. He is not peddling conspiracy theories or fake cures or anything of the kind. He's dealing with the science of the virus and how to treat it. He's been a great help in the sea of chaos that is fear-mongering, cure peddling, and just all around trying to exploit angles to profit or push ideologies during this global pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWsgbgz5euc&t=0s
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Lecture on COVID19...Very informative

Postby RiverDog » Sat May 02, 2020 4:29 am

I appreciate the link, but an hour and 33 minutes? Can you point certain spots in the video that contain particularly relevant information?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm

You could go to the last 30 minutes and watch the Q and A. A lot of it is science-based and you might need some understanding of the science to appreciate it. He is one of the better people I've seen at taking complex science and breaking it down in a way that is digestible. The last 30 minutes is more a plain talk Q&A with some good info. Might be worth a watch for you.

At least now you see some of what I enjoy watching and why I have trouble watching media sources or regular documentaries. I really like to see information that digs into the deeper science of a topic. I find it interesting. I don't mind watching very long videos to learn from, though i will watch them in parts and stop them or back them up to try to fully comprehend the subject. This online medium is great for that. I envy the youth of the modern world who have this amazing resource why their minds are at peak capacity.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:15 am

Would love to hear what you think is the takeaway, especially what can be applied.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon May 04, 2020 2:09 pm

There is no real takeaway. The lecture is on how COVID19 enters the body, what your immune system does to fight it, the various complications doctors have been facing and some of the interventions, and the various treatments tried and their efficacy. He went over a lot of the base science of the virus and the treatments. I found it a useful alternative to the media articles on the disease for those that want to understand what COVID19 is doing to the body versus reading a media article focusing on some emotional aspect of the situation.

As far as applicability to regular folk, he did talk about his healthy immune regiment which included ensuring he had sufficient daily intakes of zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in the Q and A section.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic