George Floyd and Ahmaud Aubrey: Murdered

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: George Floyd and Ahmaud Aubrey: Murdered

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am

And of course DJT waded in tear gas flying and holding a bible up like a trophy predictably leading to a guy the caliber of Jim Mattis to finally download." For the first time in my life we have a president who does not unite, doesnt even try. Hes trying to divide america."

This country may never have peace like many yearn for but when the commander in chief is willfully dividing the american people we have no hope.

Ive always been a law and order guy but the the chief law enforcement people in the country are criminals themselves now. And common men like George Floyd are getting killed in the streets for alleged misdemeandors and vigilante yee haw rednecks chase down and kill a man running away and arent charged initially with anything. Damn straight we are hella screwed up as a nation.

Looks like an entire race of people are fed up along with lots of us white people including this one who has rethought everything I ever believed in the last few years.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Hawktawk wrote:And of course DJT waded in tear gas flying and holding a bible up like a trophy predictably leading to a guy the caliber of Jim Mattis to finally download." For the first time in my life we have a president who does not unite, doesnt even try. Hes trying to divide america."

This country may never have peace like many yearn for but when the commander in chief is willfully dividing the american people we have no hope.

Ive always been a law and order guy but the the chief law enforcement people in the country are criminals themselves now. And common men like George Floyd are getting killed in the streets for alleged misdemeandors and vigilante yee haw rednecks chase down and kill a man running away and arent charged initially with anything. Damn straight we are hella screwed up as a nation.

Looks like an entire race of people are fed up along with lots of us white people including this one who has rethought everything I ever believed in the last few years.

Not much I can disagree with there. The ONLY thing I can say in Trump's defense....and I'm not even sure that I believe it myself...is that this lockdown that we've endured over the past 3 months is manifesting itself into a whole lot of pent up frustration, and Trump has warned about the psychological effects it's having, although he framed it in suicides rather than protests.

And yes, it is depressing to think of how screwed up our country is at the moment. Half the time I end up turning off the news and just pick up a book or watch a documentary off of YouTube or something.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 pm

https://apnews.com/20b9b86dba5c480bad759a3bd34cd875
Cant even be honest aboput this...shocking. Ive seen George Soros and Antifa all over the internet to support this racist corrupt inept administrations talking points and really as Mattis said its really a very small percentage of the protesters that have been violent.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic