The Dark Side of the BLM Movement

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: The Dark Side of the BLM Movement

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:30 am

I-5 wrote:Just goes to show what I said earlier...the people who destroy property are more anarchists than anything. They support neither republicans or democrats. Case in point:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-protesters-oppose-biden-and-police-vandalize-buildings-cause-other-damage-reports

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/original-starbucks-in-seattle-vandalised-during-biden-inauguration-protests/vi-BB1cWwzB

You're making a big assumption that neither side "supports Republicans or Democrats". It's a pretty good bet that this particular group of protesters are opposed to Dems. Whether that means that they support R's is an open question.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:00 am

It's been my observation that these "Movements" and other relatively unorganized protests are taken advantage of by other organized or identifiable groups. In this case we saw organized looting by some as well as others creating violence and the
presence of groups that wanted to destroy things. Another earlier protest a number of years ago was the Occupy Wall Street. It was just a grass roots protest by people from across the spectrum who were saying the system isn't working for us. It
included Tea Party members and left wing Democrats both saying the same thing. What happened then? Organized anarchists and extreme left groups took over simply because these types of protests that are organically created don't have leadership and the groups that take over are organized.
The ironic thing is that the Anarchists which profess to not want any rules or organization are in many of these cases well organized.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 am

NorthHawk wrote:It's been my observation that these "Movements" and other relatively unorganized protests are taken advantage of by other organized or identifiable groups. In this case we saw organized looting by some as well as others creating violence and the
presence of groups that wanted to destroy things. Another earlier protest a number of years ago was the Occupy Wall Street. It was just a grass roots protest by people from across the spectrum who were saying the system isn't working for us. It
included Tea Party members and left wing Democrats both saying the same thing. What happened then? Organized anarchists and extreme left groups took over simply because these types of protests that are organically created don't have leadership and the groups that take over are organized.
The ironic thing is that the Anarchists which profess to not want any rules or organization are in many of these cases well organized.

I think that's a fair assessment. There are obviously people out there that are not active in politics but rather they are opportunists that see the activity as a way to 'practice their trade', for lack of a better term. Same thing with the defacing of monuments this past summer. I got the sense that the people doing the damage didn't have a clue what it was that Columbus did that was deserving of the actions they were taking. Rather, they get their kicks by engaging in acts of vandalism.

There's an old saying that nothing good happens after midnight, but in the case of protests and demonstrations, nothing good happens after about 6pm.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic