commander in chief

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: commander in chief

Postby I-5 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:59 am

But when you have the former nominee out there behaving in the manner that HRC was, it's just as logical to conclude that they would have as you are claiming that they wouldn't.

Fair enough, but I would just say that HRC as a past candidate speaks for herself more than democrats as a whole. I thought she lost fair and square (as much as I can't stand Trump). She is not the main voice for the party, any more than Mitt Romney is not the main voice for the republican party.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:30 pm

But when you have the former nominee out there behaving in the manner that HRC was, it's just as logical to conclude that they would have as you are claiming that they wouldn't.

I-5 wrote:Fair enough, but I would just say that HRC as a past candidate speaks for herself more than democrats as a whole. I thought she lost fair and square (as much as I can't stand Trump). She is not the main voice for the party, any more than Mitt Romney is not the main voice for the republican party.

I never suggested that HRC was the 'main voice' of the party. My point was that if a prominent Democrat popular enough with the party to win the nomination is saying the types of things she is quoted as having said that it's not unreasonable to argue that a significant number of Dems might be claiming that the election was stolen had the roles been reversed.

There are people on both ends of the political spectrum that have a difficult time dealing with reality and will do anything they can to avoid admitting that they or their policies are unpopular. Trump most certainly is one of those, the worst in my memory, but he is not the only one. That's all I was trying to show by quoting HRC.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:41 pm

mykc14 wrote:
Yeah, I agree, and I don’t think Biden would refuse to concede either. I don’t know where Hawktalk got the idea that I felt that way. I’ve said numerous times I don’t think anybody would act like Trump.

i never said that about you, that Biden would do the same thing. No modern president in my lifetime has ever acted remotely like trump as president and certainly as a defeated incumbent and none ever will. Its the least I could expect of the worst most mentally ill president in history. Even Nixon had the grace to resign rather than put the country though this. And there's a raging out of control pandemic and not only is he not conceding , hes not working at his job at all. He's just tweeting baseless conspiracy theories in all CAPs, pissing off and riling up his sickening disgusting base of trumpanzees trying to get them to take to the streets..

My point regarding russia is it was very real and what was known almost immediately through reporting made it clear they were up to their eyeballs colluding with Russia.Trump called it fake news but the mueller report proved it was all true and that the deceptive practices of this administration including encrypted communications Mueller could not get permission to open shows there's an iceberg under the tip of what Mueller uncovered. I couldn't stand Hillary and voted for Gary Johanson but the instant I realized our greatest geopolitical foe led by a former KGB agent who pushed Trump I wished she had won. It could not possibly have been worse than this worst 4 years ever by a president.

as i've said the 25th amendment is toilet paper if this guy gets to sit here with the nuclear football and have the power to fire military people , intelligence people etc and act crazy for 70 days in this dangerous world. Get him out of there.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Hawktawk wrote:i never said that about you, that Biden would do the same thing. No modern president in my lifetime has ever acted remotely like trump as president and certainly as a defeated incumbent and none ever will. Its the least I could expect of the worst most mentally ill president in history. Even Nixon had the grace to resign rather than put the country though this. And there's a raging out of control pandemic and not only is he not conceding , hes not working at his job at all. He's just tweeting baseless conspiracy theories in all CAPs, pissing off and riling up his sickening disgusting base of trumpanzees trying to get them to take to the streets..

My point regarding russia is it was very real and what was known almost immediately through reporting made it clear they were up to their eyeballs colluding with Russia.Trump called it fake news but the mueller report proved it was all true and that the deceptive practices of this administration including encrypted communications Mueller could not get permission to open shows there's an iceberg under the tip of what Mueller uncovered. I couldn't stand Hillary and voted for Gary Johanson but the instant I realized our greatest geopolitical foe led by a former KGB agent who pushed Trump I wished she had won. It could not possibly have been worse than this worst 4 years ever by a president.

as i've said the 25th amendment is toilet paper if this guy gets to sit here with the nuclear football and have the power to fire military people , intelligence people etc and act crazy for 70 days in this dangerous world. Get him out of there.

Do you really think we don't have people in the intelligence community who didn't already see any Trump communication prior to Mueller investigating? We have a CIA that engages in foreign operations so varied and vast that we have controlled governments from afar using illegal means, but somehow the C.I.A. and our various intelligence organizations were beaten by Trump? They couldn't hack his encryption? That's really what you believe given the vast amount of documentation on U.S. intelligence not waiting for an ok to check things and act on them? You think Trump employs better computer people than our government?

The Iran Contra operations? The black budgets funded by drug running? The Bay of Pigs? Installing Saddam Hussein? Backing the Afghans against the Russians with weapons support? The Patriot Act allowing monitoring of all our calls and such? The list could go on and on. But somehow, Donald Trump, a former reality TV star with a cult of personality, beat all of our C.I.A., F.B.I. , D.I.A., N.S.A., Homeland Security, and the like with his encryption to collude with Russia? This is what you think is true?

Wow. You do not have much faith in this country or understanding of our intelligence community's capabilities. I'm sorry. I have near absolute trust in our intelligence community. If Trump were a real threat he wouldn't even have made it into office and would likely be in jail or worse. Our intelligence community is one of the best in the world if not the best. We employ technology other nations only dream about. Some asinine, narcissistic reality TV star doesn't employ better computer people and intelligence than American intelligence agencies. If they had more to go on than the Steele dossier, they would have acted.

Our intelligence agencies have already seen the following:
1. Any contact with Russia and Trump.

2. Any attempts at encrypted messaging.

3. Any attempts to release intelligence to a foreign power that isn't allowed.

4. His entire financial history.

5. They've already know what Trump will do before Trump does it.

You don't trust American intelligence agencies, so be it. I've read on those ruthless, methodical, and efficient people. They aren't perfect, but no one like Trump is going to beat them.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Our intelligence agencies have already seen the following:
1. Any contact with Russia and Trump.

2. Any attempts at encrypted messaging.

3. Any attempts to release intelligence to a foreign power that isn't allowed.

4. His entire financial history.

5. They've already know what Trump will do before Trump does it.

So they knew that Trump was about to reveal classified info regarding an operation about a planned Islamic State operation that was received from Israel to Russian officials Lavrov and Kisliyak? Because that's exactly what he did in a May 2017 meeting with them in the Oval Office, of course without any US media present. The consequence of revealing that could mean that the info could get to Iran by way of Russia, jeapordizing the trust Israel has in sharing info with the US, which also did happen*. Why would Trump do this, and why would the intelligence agency be ok with it, if you say they know what he will do before he does it? Incidentally, the White House at first denied this happened, then admitted it later.

*Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed privately that Trump's disclosure of the intelligence to Russia was "for us, our worst fears confirmed." They said the disclosure jeopardizes Israel's "arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing"
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:18 pm

I-5 wrote:So they knew that Trump was about to reveal classified info regarding an operation about a planned Islamic State operation that was received from Israel to Russian officials Lavrov and Kisliyak? Because that's exactly what he did in a May 2017 meeting with them in the Oval Office, of course without any US media present. The consequence of revealing that could mean that the info could get to Iran by way of Russia, jeapordizing the trust Israel has in sharing info with the US, which also did happen*. Why would Trump do this, and why would the intelligence agency be ok with it, if you say they know what he will do before he does it? Incidentally, the White House at first denied this happened, then admitted it later.

*Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed privately that Trump's disclosure of the intelligence to Russia was "for us, our worst fears confirmed." They said the disclosure jeopardizes Israel's "arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing"

Now once again I see exactly where you got your news from. This was another much ado about nothing situation that the left wing media built up into something for people like you and hawktawk. A bunch of hearsay and insinuations eaten up by folks like yourself, but nothing of great importance to our intelligence agencies.

Israel's relationship with Trump is as good as it's every been with a U.S President. So yes, our intelligence knew this was much ado about nothing.

Even what you posted is hearsay and innuendo with no facts that it did anything detrimental to America or its allies. Zero. Just more of the propaganda to push the Trump as Russian puppet theory you bought into and don't want to let go.

Our intelligence agencies are smarter than the press and people like yourself. They know when there is a problem and when there isn't.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:04 am

Our intelligence agencies are smarter than the press and people like yourself.

I notice you left yourself out of that equation. Classic asf move lol.

The news about this in 2017 from the Leaker-in-chief himself was everywhere, and even top republicans (not the most impressive group currently) blasted Trump for sharing Israeli intelligence with Putin, which probably ended up with Iran at some point. I don't make a habit of checking, but I would guess the only exception to who reported this would have been Fox, Breitbart...amiright?

You do know that Trump has had at least two private meetings with Putin outside the US right, without any staff present except for one translator? One was in Hamburg and the other infamous one was in Helsinki. You're saying the FBI scoped out the room they were going to meet at and bugged it? Do you think Putin would approve?
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:06 am

Our intelligence services were well aware of Russian interference prior to the 2016 election. Then President Obama was concerned about revealing it prior to the election as to affect the outcome but the FBI investigation itself started during the campaign.

As for encryption that Mueller was unable to crack its in his report OK? Ill believe bob mueller any day over Trump or his apologists. I believe Christopher Steele, pretty much all of that before Ill believe Trump or his enablers. Trumps current actions gutting the pentagon top brass via Twitter and threatening to do the same to the CIA and FBI as a lame duck is a total pro Putin move that greatly destabilizes our defenses as Russia is more aggressive than any time since the cold war. There is no logical reason for it and R Senators are furious although still cowering in fear of crazy orange man tweeting down their election prospects. I believe Dan Coates former republican senator from indiana and NSA head who says "Russia has something on him"

Maybe Trump will pull a Snowden and move to Russia to stay out of prison or something but his unholy alliance with our greatest geopolitical foe is plain for any intelligent person to see. He's been a russian asset.Creepy...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 am

Our intelligence services were well aware of Russian interference prior to the 2016 election. Then President Obama was concerned about revealing it prior to the election as to affect the outcome but the FBI investigation itself started during the campaign.

As for encryption that Mueller was unable to crack its in his report OK? Ill believe bob mueller any day over Trump or his apologists. I believe Christopher Steele, pretty much all of that before Ill believe Trump or his enablers. Trumps current actions gutting the pentagon top brass via Twitter and threatening to do the same to the CIA and FBI as a lame duck is a total pro Putin move that greatly destabilizes our defenses as Russia is more aggressive than any time since the cold war. There is no logical reason for it and R Senators are furious although still cowering in fear of crazy orange man tweeting down their election prospects. I believe Dan Coates former republican senator from indiana and NSA head who says "Russia has something on him"

Maybe Trump will pull a Snowden and move to Russia to stay out of prison or something but his unholy alliance with our greatest geopolitical foe is plain for any intelligent person to see. He's been a russian asset.Creepy...

Absolutely. Bottom line, I do trust in our intelligence agencies...but do I trust White House when it comes to foreign relations? No, because the commander in chief looks at everything like a personal transaction, which is dangerous knowing he has large sums of foreign credit outstanding. The FBI has quite a wide scope in their ability to track and execute operations, that doesn't remove the free agency that the POTUS has to make a mess wherever he goes. And he has.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:40 am

I-5 wrote:Absolutely. Bottom line, I do trust in our intelligence agencies...but do I trust White House when it comes to foreign relations? No, because the commander in chief looks at everything like a personal transaction, which is dangerous knowing he has large sums of foreign credit outstanding. The FBI has quite a wide scope in their ability to track and execute operations, that doesn't remove the free agency that the POTUS has to make a mess wherever he goes. And he has.

His firing of his 4th defense sec in 4 years created a chain reaction of a flurry of resignations at the top of the chain of command in protest. Into these roles he has placed a former attache to Mike "Felon" Flynn, a pro russia guy, also a former aide to Devin Nunes rep from California who acted as Trump's personal defense attorney during Russia and Ukraine and even traveled to Ukraine to try to drum up investigations of Joe Biden.

His further Targets are Gina Haspel from CIA who refused to pursue baseless allegations of misconduct during the russian probe. Also Chris Wray from FBI whose fatal mistake was daring report Russias heavy meddling on social media creating deep fakes. It drew an angry twitter tirade from Trump days before the election. Thes deep fakes are likely responsible for 70% of republicans believing this is a stolen election.

Always something about russia with Trump as our fishing captains in the bering sea are reporting being menaced by russian destroyers in international waters, ordered to leave to the point they radioed the coast guard asking if we were being invaded. Coast guard said "do what they tell you". They were forced to move off a fertile fishing ground and lost approximately a million dollars. Russia is conducting massive drills off alaska involving over 40 ships, paratroopers, testing of missiles etc.Their probing of our air defenses off alaska is at levels not seen since the cold war and the lame duck is gutting our top brass. No this is not good. Its ominous.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:51 am

Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:42 am

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-se ... our-future

Chilling stuff to be sure what with mad king george off the hook crazy and still commander in chief. Its scary whoever is in office but we are a headless horseman right now.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic