Can we use the Electoral College do away with itself?

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Can we use the Electoral College do away with itself?

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:32 pm

We will see December 14th if we need laws to ensure electors cannot change elections arbitrarily. Does the system hold or does this scumbag Trump have the juice to get electors to engage in treasonous behavior. We'll see soon enough.

I finally hate this guy. He really had to work to make me hate him, but I hate him. It's a global pandemic, we need a smooth presidential transition more than ever. He clearly lost in multiple states. This scumbag once again is putting himself above the nation and attempting to subvert an election for his selfish ego. Yet his followers still seem to think this behavior is ok, though it was nice to see even Chris Christie finally say "you are an embarrassment." I hope after December 14th the vast majority of the Republican Party turns on this scumbag.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Can we use the Electoral College do away with itself?

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:We will see December 14th if we need laws to ensure electors cannot change elections arbitrarily. Does the system hold or does this scumbag Trump have the juice to get electors to engage in treasonous behavior. We'll see soon enough.

Regardless of the results of the electoral college in this election, it needs to be changed. There is no reason for not making it automatic.

Aseahawkfan wrote:I finally hate this guy. He really had to work to make me hate him, but I hate him. It's a global pandemic, we need a smooth presidential transition more than ever. He clearly lost in multiple states. This scumbag once again is putting himself above the nation and attempting to subvert an election for his selfish ego. Yet his followers still seem to think this behavior is ok, though it was nice to see even Chris Christie finally say "you are an embarrassment." I hope after December 14th the vast majority of the Republican Party turns on this scumbag.

That's another term that I don't like: Hate. There are very few people in this world that I actually 'hate'. I reserve that emotion for true villains, like Adolph Hitler, Ted Bundy, Osama bin Laden, and Jeffery Dahmer. I use it for people I actually wish death upon, that if I had the opportunity, that I would kill.

But I have absolutely no respect for Donald Trump. None. But nothing in the past 4 years has changed my opinion, only reinforced it. I got there a lot earlier than you did, way back in 2016, so welcome to the crowd.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic