Pushing back

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Pushing back

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:39 am

We need to see a whole lot more of this and it needs to have teeth! Attempting to subvert our democracy should come with severe penalties! Time to put an end to this sh!t once and for all.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/black-detroit ... 56111.html
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Pushing back

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 am

More lawsuits against Trump. Tear this scumbag down. Trump is putting himself above the well-being of the nation as he has done for 4 years. Tear this narcissistic scumbag down.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:31 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:We need to see a whole lot more of this and it needs to have teeth! Attempting to subvert our democracy should come with severe penalties! Time to put an end to this sh!t once and for all.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/black-detroit ... 56111.html

That’s fine... it probably won’t stick but what needs to happen is he needs to be threatened with serious consequences if he continues to Perdue this without solid evidence.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:46 pm

First of all, the lawsuit is very unlikely to succeed. They are going to have to produce evidence that Trump offered some sort of bribe, attempt to blackmail, or some other motivating reason that might compel an elector to act on his behest. They will need first hand witnesses...Republican witnesses....recordings of conversations, offers of specific amounts of money, political favors, etc. Unless there is at least one elector in Michigan's delegation that actually votes for Trump, any evidence that might be produced would lack credibility as it would show that the bribe wasn't enough to do the trick.

Secondly, what good is it going to do? Beyond satisfying a personal need for revenge, even if successful, a lawsuit doesn't change anything. Trump is going to be out of office in less than two months. Biden is still President and Trump a former President. All it will do is keep Trump in the headlines and provide his pack of loonies with a martyr, and feed into this us vs. them mentality. All it's going to do is deepen the divide.

I want Trump gone just as much as you guys do, perhaps even more. But not only do I want him gone, I want him off the public stage as much as possible. I want him marginalized, out of the headlines.

If I were going to support any legal action against DJT, it would be his refusal to cooperate with the transition as that almost without question will cost lives.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm

They are going to have to produce evidence that Trump offered some sort of bribe, attempt to blackmail, or some other motivating reason that might compel an elector to act on his behest.

No they're not! What makes you think that a "bribe or blackmail" has to be the standard for attempting to disenfranchise voters? They could just bring his twitter account and his choice of legislators summoned to the WH as their evidence and have enough to bring the case to court IMO.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:14 pm

This idiot better concede soon. He is starting to piss me off. I hope he pays some kind of price after this for the chaos he pushes.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:07 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:No they're not! What makes you think that a "bribe or blackmail" has to be the standard for attempting to disenfranchise voters? They could just bring his twitter account and his choice of legislators summoned to the WH as their evidence and have enough to bring the case to court IMO.

I'm not sure how a simple invitation to the White House constitutes an attempt to disenfranchise voters. Even those MI Republicans that were the guests and supposed targets by Trump said that nothing illegal was requested of them:

President Donald Trump did not ask Michigan Republican lawmakers to “break the law” or “interfere” with the election during a meeting at the White House, a legislative leader said Sunday, a day before canvassers plan to meet about whether to certify Joe Biden’s 154,000-vote victory in the battleground state.

Michigan House Speaker Lee Chatfield was among seven Republican legislators who met with Trump for about an hour on Friday, amid his longshot efforts to block Biden’s win.

“There was this outrage that the president was going to ask us to break the law, he was going to ask us to interfere, and that just simply didn’t happen,” he told Fox News of the highly unusual meeting. He did not elaborate on what was discussed, except to say the delegation asked for additional federal aid to help Michigan’s coronavirus response.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/election ... story.html

You're going to have to come up with some hard evidence, like ear witnesses or recorded conversations. Twitter accounts won't cut it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic