Huskies found some self respect at halftime

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Huskies found some self respect at halftime

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:35 pm

My favorite college team has been kicking my second favorite college team's arse (to the tune of a 21-0 1st half), but it look like the Huskies got coached up at halftime!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Huskies found some self respect at halftime

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:07 pm

I've been watching Utah-UW, too. it's hard to get excited watching a 0-1 team play a 2-0 squad on Thanksgiving weekend.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Not for me.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:36 am

My interest in CFB has waned over the past 15 years or so since the Pac 12 has produced such crappy teams, plus the hacked up schedule they've played has de-legitimized national rankings and conference standings. It has the feeling of watching preseason games or re-runs from previous years. It's what I feared would happen to the NFL, that 2020 would contain an asterisk that makes Roger Maris's look like a typo. I'll watch the games but I have little to no interest in the outcome.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:09 am

I watch CFB because it's fun to see kids play at a high level and try to project players onto the Seahawks team.
It's basically an entertaining scouting tool, but this year has been difficult with a number of players deciding to
sit out for their draft year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:44 am

NorthHawk wrote:I watch CFB because it's fun to see kids play at a high level and try to project players onto the Seahawks team.
It's basically an entertaining scouting tool, but this year has been difficult with a number of players deciding to
sit out for their draft year.

Me too. scouting future pros is the funnest part of CFB and fewer game seasons and convoluted playoff scenarios and such effect that aspect not one bit.

And as I am not as invested in any single college team as I am the Seahawks I allow myself a rooting interest in many teams. So I usually have a good chance of a vested interest in a game or three any given weekend. I have lived a lot of places so I have at one time or other adopted several college programs.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:15 am

I don't have a favorite team, either but I find myself cheering for teams playing against Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., Notre Dame, and others
that are the usual suspects for top 4 teams. Last year it was LSU, but they lost so many good players that I don't think that this year.

One player that has stood out to me is Aleric Jackson from Iowa. He's a big Tackle who looks so smooth with his footwork. Maybe it's because
I haven't seen him against good opponents, but he reminded me a little of Walt. Not as dominating, but just how he moves. If you can believe
some of the early mock drafts, he looks like a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I expect him to move up the boards as the Draft gets near.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:52 am

My current "I hope we pick him" player is a OT as well, Landon Young of Kentucky is a stud, only one missed assignment in his last almost 800 assignments is one of the local sports guy's favorite thing to say about him and it seems every game we get treated to a couple more pancakes or plays where he just pushes his guy completely out of the frame. As good in pass pro as he is a road grader.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:32 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:My current "I hope we pick him" player is a OT as well, Landon Young of Kentucky is a stud, only one missed assignment in his last almost 800 assignments is one of the local sports guy's favorite thing to say about him and it seems every game we get treated to a couple more pancakes or plays where he just pushes his guy completely out of the frame. As good in pass pro as he is a road grader.

I hope I get to see Kentucky play before the season ends to have a look. A LT should be on the menu
for us as Brown is getting on and is nearing the end of his contract. Maybe he will continue his career
for a few more years, but he’s had some nagging injuries of late and that might factor into his decision.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic