Well, Trump Era is over

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Well, Trump Era is over

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 pm

The Trump Era is over. Back to nice, quiet, boring politics as usual. It was a weird, unpredictable, chaotic, vulgar, and stupid 4 years.

But we survived. Country is still here, intact, and ready to keep on trucking.

Good luck to Biden and Harris. It's now their shot to get this coronavirus crap handled, America back open, and people working again and having lives that don't consist of worrying whether they are defying the shelter in place order or whether their job or business will survive.

Hopefully they can get this done. Because no matter how anyone tries to spin it, they were sent to the White House to deal with this coronavirus. People cannot take these lockdowns, stay at home orders, and this sad, pathetic way of life much longer.

Any failure with the coronavirus will now fall on them regardless of the media spin. Get this crap fixed. No one wants to live like this.

Good luck all. Let's hope for a much better 2021.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Well, Trump Era is over

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Q'Anon may be sending up the white flag:

And well, they're really not handling it well now that (Q'Anon) de facto leader Ron Watkins himself threw in the towel on Wednesday shortly after the inauguration. "We gave it our all, now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as best we are able," Watkins said in a message board post. "We have a new president sworn in and it is our responsibility to respect the Constitution."

Watkins was a former administrator of the 8kun (formerly 8chan) message board and both he and his father are suspected of being Q, the as-yet-unidentified creator of the movement, so it's a sign of defeat that he's asking supporters to stand down.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/qanon ... d=msedgntp

Sure hope it's true.

I haven't heard any incidents of violent protests. Have you guys heard of any?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Nope.
Boring is good.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 pm

Today was a good day to make a gross understatement. There is nothing quite like the spectacle of a uniquely american ritual - the transfer of power is an awesome thing, even if Trump didn’t have the grace to be there. Joe has been in politics a looong time, and it really showed in his ability to master the situation he found himself in. I thought he said all the right things. I know conservatives think all dems get a free pass from the media, and it might seem that way a lot...but he has his work cut out fit him. I think he relishes the job ahead of him...and that’s refreshing. Even the other career politicians in DC seemed to relish in a new day.

I would love for 45 to be quiet for a while, like asf and Riv thought might happen.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:24 am

I-5 wrote:I would love for 45 to be quiet for a while, like asf and Riv thought might happen.

I never thought that '45' would ever be quiet. It's just that not as many people are listening, especially now that his Twitter account has been terminated.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 am

I-5 wrote:Today was a good day to make a gross understatement. There is nothing quite like the spectacle of a uniquely american ritual - the transfer of power is an awesome thing, even if Trump didn’t have the grace to be there. Joe has been in politics a looong time, and it really showed in his ability to master the situation he found himself in. I thought he said all the right things. I know conservatives think all dems get a free pass from the media, and it might seem that way a lot...but he has his work cut out fit him. I think he relishes the job ahead of him...and that’s refreshing. Even the other career politicians in DC seemed to relish in a new day.

Agreed, Hollywood couldn't have produced a more perfect day to end the Trump era. It was reminiscent of the fall of the Eye of Sauron scene at the end of the LOTR trilogy when everything became bathed in light again. And the lone Marine standing at the WH door with Joe inside getting to work was the perfect roll credits scene. Very well done day all around, and I actually think the lack of cheering crowds added to it rather than detracted From it.
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 am

Other than the curious case of Lindsey Graham which is worth a thread of its own at this point not many people in either party are listening to trump or defending him.

And I see the same reports that his cult could be fracturing after their messiah they were deluded enough to believe would seize control of the government by force wound up being a big gigantic pussy slinking away in dishonor and throwing them under the bus.

Get used to it Qaanoon. He's done it to everyone. Hopefully the 4 years of damage done to america will ruin him in the end.

All I know is my blood pressure hasn't been this stable in 4.5 years. I got peaceful easy feelin :D :D :P
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:01 am

Hawktawk wrote:All I know is my blood pressure hasn't been this stable in 4.5 years. I got peaceful easy feelin :D :D :P

Glad to hear that. Seriously. I know I've given you a lot of crap about your being paranoid.

Yesterday was an equally good day for me and my wife. I was able to schedule us for a COVID vaccination for tomorrow afternoon. We were both pretty excited that we could get an appointment this soon as they just opened it up to 65+ last Monday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:19 am

Yesterday was an equally good day for me and my wife. I was able to schedule us for a COVID vaccination for tomorrow afternoon. We were both pretty excited that we could get an appointment this soon as they just opened it up to 65+ last Monday.

Great news!
Do they also schedule you for the followup shots in 3 or 4 weeks (depending on the product) to complete the inoculation process?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 am

NorthHawk wrote:Great news! Do they also schedule you for the followup shots in 3 or 4 weeks (depending on the product) to complete the inoculation process?

We're getting the Modera vaccine, which is 4 weeks until the 2nd shot. I don't know yet what the process will be for the 2nd shot, if they will give us priority over those that haven't had the first. They're only giving them for 3 hours on Friday, 2 hours on Saturday. Part of the governor's new vaccination program is that clinics are required to administer 95% of the doses within a week of when they were received, and since they don't know how many doses will be available or when they are going to receive them, I doubt that they will be making appointments more than a week ahead of time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:28 am

We're getting the Modera vaccine, which is 4 weeks until the 2nd shot. I don't know yet what the process will be for the 2nd shot, if they will give us priority over those that haven't had the first. They're only giving them for 3 hours on Friday, 2 hours on Saturday. Part of the governor's new vaccination program is that clinics are required to administer 95% of the doses within a week of when they were received, and since they don't know how many doses will be available or when they are going to receive them, I doubt that they will be making appointments more than a week ahead of time.

Part of the process for getting proper immunity as I've been told is to get the 2nd shot within the required time frame for the recipient to get maximum protection. I've also heard elsewhere that some of the countries around the world are looking at
extending the time for up to 2 more weeks making it 42 days. I hope that's not a mistake in calculation on their part.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:15 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Part of the process for getting proper immunity as I've been told is to get the 2nd shot within the required time frame for the recipient to get maximum protection. I've also heard elsewhere that some of the countries around the world are looking at extending the time for up to 2 more weeks making it 42 days. I hope that's not a mistake in calculation on their part.

I think some of those suggestions had to do with not holding back doses to insure enough so that everyone would get their 2nd dose on time. The thinking is that in order to end the pandemic quickly to get as many needles into arms as possible and depend on a constant or increasing supply of vaccine for people to get their 2nd shot on time, a proposal I'm in favor of. As far as extending the time between doses, that suggestion has been strongly discouraged by the manufacturers and experts in the field like Fauci.

Johnson & Johnson is supposed to release the safety and efficacy data on their COVID vaccine by the end of the month with USDA approval later in February. That vaccine requires just one dose and can be stored in a conventional refrigerator, which would make it ideal for 3rd world countries. They've contracted 100 million doses for the US government and claim that they can produce a billion doses worldwide in 2021.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Agreed, Hollywood couldn't have produced a more perfect day to end the Trump era. It was reminiscent of the fall of the Eye of Sauron scene at the end of the LOTR trilogy when everything became bathed in light again. And the lone Marine standing at the WH door with Joe inside getting to work was the perfect roll credits scene. Very well done day all around, and I actually think the lack of cheering crowds added to it rather than detracted From it.

Eye of Sauron. Hahahahahah. That's funny.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic