WADA Completely Hypocritical and Pathetic

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

WADA Completely Hypocritical and Pathetic

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:10 pm

So WADA and The Olympics decided to ban this Sha'carri Richardson from running for smoking some weed....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/sports/olympics/shacarri-richardson-suspended-marijuana.html

And then they let a transgender athlete compete in women's weightlifting...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57549653

And they consider this fair and modern. The Olympic Committee and WADA in their wisdom ban one of the greatest female runners in recent history who truly had a chance to challenge Flo Jo's records for smoking some weed, not even a performance enhancing drug, and they let a man who has transitioned to a female so full of chemicals and having had decades of testosterone in their system to develop a big bone structure and greater fast twitch muscle compete to shatter the female records in weightlifting.

This really pisses me off. This small woman, 5'1", who can run like the wind is losing her chance to break some records that she worked her ass off for because she smoked some fricking weed. This is a fricking travesty of justice as far as I am concerned. They are modernizing in regards to transgender athletes, but stuck in the dark ages when it comes to marijuana. This is the kind of ridiculous hypocrisy I can't stand about modern world.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: WADA Completely Hypocritical and Pathetic

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:41 pm

I don't see much of a correlation between the two cases but I agree that banning Sha'carri is ridiculous. The Olympics is an international organization though and I don't know how the rest of the world views the issue.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:50 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I don't see much of a correlation between the two cases but I agree that banning Sha'carri is ridiculous. The Olympics is an international organization though and I don't know how the rest of the world views the issue.

The correlation is they are adjusting the rules and modernizing to include transgender athletes, but stuck in the 1950s when it comes to marijuana. It's just hypocritical and ridiculous to go modern to include transgender athletes, but stay in the dark ages when it comes to marijuana.

Shows a line of thinking that is flat out dumb.

WADA has the substance banned. The World Anti-Doping Agency. That is why America's testing agency checks for it. Even if you are from another country, if WADA tests you and you are positive for marijuana, you are out. It's stupid. I doubt much of the world cares except they get to take down an American athlete that can smoke their athletes.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/olympics/shacarri-richardson-olympic-suspension-marijuana-wada-usada

It's just BS that they bend over backwards to adjust the rules to incorporate one political agenda, while punishing Richardson for smoking some weed.

It really pisses me off. If the WADA and The Olympics are going to modernize, then get to it. Don't ruin some girl's work for some weed.

I'm also pissed because I haven't watched The Olympics in years. The one time I actually get excited to watch The Olympics in decades and this stupid s*** happens. I really wanted to see this 5'1" girl run. I've never seen a girl that small run that fast. Usually these top sprinters are long legged, taller people who have a good leg stride. But this girl is tiny, but her speed is insane. She even starts off slow and then just starts cruising like you wouldn't believe.

She runs crazy fast. Check out her Olympic trial. And only 21. It's just a travesty to keep her out for some weed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCVQ6WEjXM&t=222s
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:10 am

Marijuana use is still against US law, so it's a little difficult for an organization that represents the US and that are trying to promote their athletes as model citizens to ignore violations of her own laws. However, suspension was way over the top and not proportional to the offense. As the saying goes, make the punishment fit the crime. Some type of probation, a shorter suspension, or other, milder form of admonishment that would still allow her to compete in all of the events would seem more appropriate.

And you're right, she is crazy fast.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:00 am

RiverDog wrote:Marijuana use is still against US law, so it's a little difficult for an organization that represents the US and that are trying to promote their athletes as model citizens to ignore violations of her own laws. However, suspension was way over the top and not proportional to the offense. As the saying goes, make the punishment fit the crime. Some type of probation, a shorter suspension, or other, milder form of admonishment that would still allow her to compete in all of the events would seem more appropriate.

And you're right, she is crazy fast.

Its ridiculous. End the war on a freakin plant consumed in its natural form when opiates are handed out like candy and transgender athletes are competing in these games.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Its ridiculous. End the war on a freakin plant consumed in its natural form when opiates are handed out like candy and transgender athletes are competing in these games.

You're preaching to the choir, bro. Grass is no more harmful to other legal products like alcohol. And I agree, transgender athletes should not be allowed to compete. I see it no differently than performance enhancing drugs. They are gaining an advantage by virtue of a man made substance/procedure.

But marijuana is still a US law, and as long as it is on the books, it can't be ignored. Unfortunately we don't get to pick and choose which laws we're going to obey and which we're going to flaunt. My disagreement is only with the severity of the penalty, not the fact that she's being disciplined.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Don’t really care what the law is . It’s a stupid law . I don’t agree with Chuck Schumer on much but I like his federal decriminalization plan. Alcohol is far more destructive . Beyond that if the government has decided it can’t tell people to get vaccinated to save lives how can they tell me what I can or can’t put in my own damn body . Other than peds it should be the same for athletes .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 am

Hawktawk wrote:Beyond that if the government has decided it can’t tell people to get vaccinated to save lives how can they tell me what I can or can’t put in my own damn body . Other than peds it should be the same for athletes .

I don't see the analogy with vaccines. You're really reaching.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic