Who really is on the Indian Reservation?

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Who really is on the Indian Reservation?

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:37 pm

This guy woke me up. I didn't know half of the stuff he already knew. He got me thinking,
He was that older Indian actor in the Last of the Mohicans, btw.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LA-S64QY3o
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Who really is on the Indian Reservation?

Postby savvyman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:41 am

Yep - The Chief really nails it on so many levels.

The "People" have completely lost control of this country - and as the Chief says (which I summarize for him) Its their own damn fault

1. The top 5% have taken 100% of the increase in wealth over the past 30 years.

2. We are the most unhealthy people on the planet yet we take the most "medicine" (our western diet is killing us)

3. The Fricken government is spying on everyone, listening to our phone calls - reading our emails - seeing where we go on the internet - intercepting fricken computers and installing back doors before they are delivered to our homes - and most citizens are like "Huh - Who cares"? Stupid Morons think that Snowden is a traitor - Right - All he did was alert the public that the USA government has turned into the 1970's and 80's communist Russia and China that when I grew up we were always told (with Horror) that these were the activities that these governments did to their citizens. This type of behavior would have resulted in a revolution during the majority of this country history. Today? 50% of the public thinks snowden is the traitor and not the fricken government. The Big CHief is right - the amercian people have gotten very stupid and lazy.

4. Over the past 30 years - The continual increase in debt and printing of money which results in much lower purchasing power (which is very harmful to 80% of the population) However this excess printing of money will result in a continual increase in Asset prices which (again) benefits 5% of the population who own the majority of the nations assets. So Assets have gone up over 1,000 % over the past 20 years - which benefits the top 10% of the population while wages have gone up 0% - which is what the other 80% have to live on. That some great fricken macro-economic policy going on here.

5. The exporting of 10's of millions of high paying USA jobs oversee over the past 3 decades and the replacement with poverty wages "McJobs" - who benefited from this? The big corporations and the 5% who own them.

Big Chief shares a lot of wisdom in that video.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 am

My wife and I have been firmly middle class for quite a while now, and now that our daughters are not home most of the day, my wife is applying for a position that will more fully utilize her Master's degree, and I've taken a position that now pays me ~20% more than I made for about the last 10 years.

When my wife gets that position (thinking positively!) and her pay roughly doubles in addition to my very fortunate increase in earnings, and we move into a higher income bracket, what's going to happen to "OMG INCOME INEQUALITY" in this country? What's going to happen to those in the bottom income brackets?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 am

Ironically, or not, shortly after making this video Russell means died. I don't know bout you, but he seemed to be very healthy for a 72 year old man. Means said many of the things I have been espousing on the P-I forum for years but I am basically a nobody, Russell Means was a somebody and the powers that be knew he had power and he knew how to use it.

I have heard it for years, "it just they way it is..." "There is nothing we can do..." Well, sure, there is nothing that can be done if we can't seem to motivate millions of Americans who seem to be content to take it in the shorts.

I was so glad to hear Russell Means say that there was little difference in the democratic and republican parties. I have been telling people for years that the Demos and Repos are playing "good cop bad cop" on the American people. All It is a game of divide and conquer, and conquering us they are.

I hear TEA party people rail at Obama and Progressives rail at TEA party and Republicans and what they always fail to do is place the fair share of blame on the very people they themselves have supported!

Oh, well, I guess it will have to get much worse before people really start to wake up, but wake up they will and then look out because there will be a revolution but what worries me is that is just what the powers that be have wanted all along because they will suspend the constitution and impose martial law.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Ironically, or not, shortly after making this video Russell means died. I don't know bout you, but he seemed to be very healthy for a 72 year old man. Means said many of the things I have been espousing on the P-I forum for years but I am basically a nobody, Russell Means was a somebody and the powers that be knew he had power and he knew how to use it.

I have heard it for years, "it just they way it is..." "There is nothing we can do..." Well, sure, there is nothing that can be done if we can't seem to motivate millions of Americans who seem to be content to take it in the shorts.

I was so glad to hear Russell Means say that there was little difference in the democratic and republican parties. I have been telling people for years that the Demos and Repos are playing "good cop bad cop" on the American people. All It is a game of divide and conquer, and conquering us they are.

I hear TEA party people rail at Obama and Progressives rail at TEA party and Republicans and what they always fail to do is place the fair share of blame on the very people they themselves have supported!

Oh, well, I guess it will have to get much worse before people really start to wake up, but wake up they will and then look out because there will be a revolution but what worries me is that is just what the powers that be have wanted all along because they will suspend the constitution and impose martial law.

I join with you in your sentiments! Of course both parties serve the same masters. People are noticing and doing nothing, but others are slowly waking up. For the life of me I don't know how people can watch Building 7 just implode, without realizing that there were hardly any fires in the building to begin with? And that never in the history of man has a steel structure imploded due to fire. I have seen other fires in sky scrapers that was 4 times worse, yet the structure did not implode.
Thats because its common sense, temperature to melt steel is very high, higher than that of normal fires. Which makes Building 7 the reason why many have problems with other parts of 9-11. In terms of solvable stuff hard evidence, my only problem with 9-11, is Building 7. People are waking up though: http://www.99rise.org.

These kids really impressed me. As well as getting involved in small ways, like http://www.wolf-pac.com/washington.

The wolf pack is pretty cool, just put pressure to get money out of politics on the STATE level. They have had some success so far. Not much work, just calling your representatives in Congress and asking them to support a bill that would say that all congressmen in the state can not accept monies etc...

Of course I am not involved, far away from the States at the moment, but because I am awake I am an observer.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:28 pm

burrrton wrote:My wife and I have been firmly middle class for quite a while now, and now that our daughters are not home most of the day, my wife is applying for a position that will more fully utilize her Master's degree, and I've taken a position that now pays me ~20% more than I made for about the last 10 years.

When my wife gets that position (thinking positively!) and her pay roughly doubles in addition to my very fortunate increase in earnings, and we move into a higher income bracket, what's going to happen to "OMG INCOME INEQUALITY" in this country? What's going to happen to those in the bottom income brackets?

I hope your wife gets the position.

Look no one has any issues with people who work hard and become successful and make more money - Congratulations - you deserve everything you earn.

What the primary issue is the fact that the ruling elite have implemented Macro (big picture) policies and strategies over the past 30 years that have significantly reduced the number of opportunities available for most Americans to

1. Earn a middle class income
2. Move up the economic ladder (like you and your wife are doing).

Here is a link to a four minute video that does a great job of illustrating (using apple and the Iphone as an example) what has happened to the 30 million middle class jobs that have been eliminated over the past 30 years and their replacement with low poverty wage (and no beneifts) "McJobs".

http://www.nytimes.com/video/business/100000001299945/the-iphone-economy.html?scp=2&sq=the%20iphone%20economy&st=cse
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 am

Yeah, the economy of the US (and the planet!) is changing (there are no more jobs making buggy whips, etc), but the answer is:

Income inequality will go up, and *nobody* in the lower income brackets will be making a *dime* less as a result.

The economy is *not* a zero-sum game, and it's juvenile and self-defeating to speak of it as though it is.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 pm

burrrton wrote:Yeah, the economy of the US (and the planet!) is changing (there are no more jobs making buggy whips, etc), but the answer is:

Income inequality will go up, and *nobody* in the lower income brackets will be making a *dime* less as a result.

The economy is *not* a zero-sum game, and it's juvenile and self-defeating to speak of it as though it is.

Why are you reacting to what was posted as if it was juvenile and self-defeating?

OF COURSE the US economy is not a zero-sum game. Becoming wealthy does not somehow mean that you had to cheat others out of their share of some total wealth figure. It usually means that you found a way to create more wealth for yourself and your community. So to all those entrepreneurs, small business owners, officers of expanding companies, parents who encourage their children to success, and all of you who support these people, thank you for driving our national and even global economy.

Burr. Please review our posts again. Every one here especially SAVVY, who just stated facts, are clear as to what we mean. But everyone that has posted on this thread are so much more to the right of you, you actually think we are left. Which is understandable. But we are not brotha. We are actually on the same page.
8-) 8-)
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Eag, when someone starts remarking about X% of the people having X% of the wealth as if it something bad (it's neither good nor bad), left or right, it's juvenile in that it's an argument that should not be made by anyone who's considered it rationally. That's what I was responding to.

I'm sure we don't disagree on a lot, but it's the internet and the offseason- contentious back-and-forths are all but required, aren't they? :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 am

burrrton wrote:Eag, when someone starts remarking about X% of the people having X% of the wealth as if it something bad (it's neither good nor bad), left or right, it's juvenile in that it's an argument that should not be made by anyone who's considered it rationally. That's what I was responding to.

I'm sure we don't disagree on a lot, but it's the internet and the offseason- contentious back-and-forths are all but required, aren't they? :)

Yeah Burr, no chit! There are small fights going on all over this board. I think we have cabin fever! :P

And, I don't know if you noticed Burr, no one smiles on this forum anymore. Your little remark, for example, I rarely see that on the regular section. At the Blue people would razz each other all the time with those happy faces :D to let everyone else know things were cool, but here? Man, it seems people are a bit uptight for some reason.

Who knows. But yeah, you and I don't have much daylight in between us. And yeah, congrats on your family situation man!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 am

And, I don't know if you noticed Burr, no one smiles on this forum anymore. Your little remark, for example, I rarely see that on the regular section.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Some people are more apt to include them than others and maybe we just have a group here with more of the latter than the Blue.

I only throw one in when it seems especially called for- I don't know if that makes me more or less likely than average, but either way, I wouldn't assume any ill will unless it's expressed explicitly. People seldom leave anger or contempt open to interpretation. ;)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:35 pm

burrrton wrote:
And, I don't know if you noticed Burr, no one smiles on this forum anymore. Your little remark, for example, I rarely see that on the regular section.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Some people are more apt to include them than others and maybe we just have a group here with more of the latter than the Blue.

I only throw one in when it seems especially called for- I don't know if that makes me more or less likely than average, but either way, I wouldn't assume any ill will unless it's expressed explicitly. People seldom leave anger or contempt open to interpretation. ;)

Yup, never assumed ill will. Of course not. Just found it intriguing. Another thing I thought of was the quality of our smilies in the first place. :o
We have a total of 24. I don't know how that works, but for me at least its harder to express how I really feel since many times none of the smilies really express how I feel at the time.
Just one of those things ridiculous observations that means nothing cause I am a geek. :ugeek:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:32 am

Nothing means nothing eagle old friend.

Those absolute words like "all", "nothing", "everybody", "nobody", "always" and "never" are almost never true. There are exceptions to everything (another one of those absolute words that doesn't mean absolutely everything), even death; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlQSMu5Mso

... so you see, everything means something!

(but not absolutely everything :roll: )
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Nothing means nothing eagle old friend.

Those absolute words like "all", "nothing", "everybody", "nobody", "always" and "never" are almost never true. There are exceptions to everything (another one of those absolute words that doesn't mean absolutely everything), even death; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlQSMu5Mso

... so you see, everything means something!

(but not absolutely everything :roll: )

Bob the philosopher! :o Thank you my friend for the helping me see where the light is in Plato's cave. :idea: Sometimes it gets so dark you lose yourself and run into a the proverbial wall because there are too many shadows around.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:59 pm

burrrton wrote:Yeah, the economy of the US (and the planet!) is changing (there are no more jobs making buggy whips, etc), but the answer is:

Here is your problem with people of your belief system based on their cable news network understanding of economics and who you feel are at fault for the economic inequality distribution of the wealth generated by the nation today. I will illustrate with a "juvenile" joke.

A moderator leads a Corporate CEO, A Union Employee & Burton to a room where inside are three chairs and a table. On the Table is a dozen donuts in a tray.

After the 3 people each take a seat at the table, The moderator says to the 3 people "I have one instruction for you - you are to divide up the dozen donuts among yourselves. He then excused himself from the room.

As soon as the moderator closed the door the CEO reaches over to the tray an immediately takes 11 of the 12 donuts.

Then the CEO then looks over at Burton, smiles and says "I know what you are thinking....... That Union employee wants your donut..... You are right he does........You have better keep an eye on him.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:28 am

Here is your problem with people of your belief system, savvy- you think there's a limited supply of donuts that has to be 'divvied up', when reality is that everyone has their own donut maker and we can all make as many donuts as we care to take the time to.

Going further, some people spend a lot of time making donuts for themselves, and/or some have figured out better/faster ways to make donuts, and those people often end up with FAR more donuts than others who don't spend that time or weren't ingenious enough to do it better.

Then some with a certain belief system start hollering that they want that person to give them more of *their* donuts, because, you know, inequality.

(And this is just me, but when you're espousing such a simplistic view of "economics", I'd hold off on insulting others')
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 am

Problem is that history has shown that when fewer people get more and more of the donuts, the masses will revolt and take what they think is their share.
It's something that we have to be very careful of because it rarely helps everyone and the revolutions are usually usurped by organized extremists.
It's not always the case, but it's a very real possibility.

The most prosperous economy is when there is a large middle class with reachable upward goals for all.
We seem to have lost that.

I think it's because many of our trade agreements are designed to encourage the flow of capital from the strong economy to the weaker which have much lower costs and fewer regulations. This permits companies to reap huge financial rewards, but it causes massive disruptions in the local economy. Who wins? The tops of the companies who get multi million dollar bonuses for laying off thousands of workers making good wages.

As well, we have set up a situation where we are competing against managed economies. I don't believe a Free Market economy like ours can grow and prosper against a managed economy, as the managed economy can and will use local price controls, lessen health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as use subsidization to get the businesses to move to their countries.
China is the poster boy for this and look how economically powerful they have become in a relatively short time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic