Big lie exposed and other Trump news .

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Big lie exposed and other Trump news .

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:02 am

Breaking news a federal judge has rejected all motions by Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani and my pillow idiot Mike Lindell to have the 1.6 billion dollar lawsuits filed by dominion voting machines dismissed . Also breaking Scottish authorities are preparing to launch a criminal investigation into Trump golf resorts in the country for money laundering , citing ongoing criminal probes in this country as having established a protocol for investigations into a former president . I’ve said it for years . Trumps a guy who couldn’t get a loan from anyone but deutchbank , itself accused of money laundering . And most of his transactions are in CASH a these days . My bet is it leads right to Russian olegarchs like all things Trump . I’m not happy with a lot of Biden’s policies and we seem to have traded psycho for semi senile but at least he’s not a Russian asset .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Big lie exposed and other Trump news .

Postby RiverDog » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:02 am

Hawktawk wrote:Breaking news a federal judge has rejected all motions by Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani and my pillow idiot Mike Lindell to have the 1.6 billion dollar lawsuits filed by dominion voting machines dismissed . Also breaking Scottish authorities are preparing to launch a criminal investigation into Trump golf resorts in the country for money laundering , citing ongoing criminal probes in this country as having established a protocol for investigations into a former president . I’ve said it for years . Trumps a guy who couldn’t get a loan from anyone but deutchbank , itself accused of money laundering . And most of his transactions are in CASH a these days . My bet is it leads right to Russian olegarchs like all things Trump . I’m not happy with a lot of Biden’s policies and we seem to have traded psycho for semi senile but at least he’s not a Russian asset .

The problem is that none of that is going to keep Trump from running again and it won't deter any of his supporters from voting for him. All it does is play into his witch hunt narrative. He still has a stranglehold on the Republicans, and unless something forces him to flee the country, you can expect to see him on the ballot again in 2024.

Like you, although I'm forever grateful for having anyone besides Trump, I'm not happy with Biden. He is excruciatingly slow in his decision making, inflicted with analysis paralysis. He's already gone back on a number of campaign promises, so much so that the relatives of the victims of the 9/11 attacks asked that he not attend the 10 year memorial ceremony next month because he hasn't made public documents that he promised to release once elected. His job approval rating has slowly eroded and currently sits at 50%. He can't hold his own party in line, with conservative Dems like Manchin and Sinema on his right and AOC and the Squad on his left preventing him from implementing any part of his agenda. If Biden doesn't turn things around, he's in danger of losing control of the House in 2022.

All I care about now is ending the pandemic, and that means getting needles into arms. It's by far the single most important issue we face. Although Biden was, as usual, late in pulling the trigger, at least he finally got around to mandating vaccinations for government workers and the military.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:03 am

Hawktawk wrote:Breaking news a federal judge has rejected all motions by Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani and my pillow idiot Mike Lindell to have the 1.6 billion dollar lawsuits filed by dominion voting machines dismissed . Also breaking Scottish authorities are preparing to launch a criminal investigation into Trump golf resorts in the country for money laundering , citing ongoing criminal probes in this country as having established a protocol for investigations into a former president . I’ve said it for years . Trumps a guy who couldn’t get a loan from anyone but deutchbank , itself accused of money laundering . And most of his transactions are in CASH a these days . My bet is it leads right to Russian olegarchs like all things Trump . I’m not happy with a lot of Biden’s policies and we seem to have traded psycho for semi senile but at least he’s not a Russian asset .

Yet another investigation opening up, yet four years and insufficient proof of anything to stick anything of substance on Trump.

When is all this money, power, time, and general resources worldwide going to stick something to this guy to stop him from running in 2024? When? All these rumors of investigations are getting tiresome and leading down rabbitholes to nowhere. Four plus years of investigation and nothing sticks to this guy. He sounds more and more like he's getting ready for 2024 and four more years of chaos.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:19 am

One of the big issues is not having access to his tax returns until recently.
If they do show he overvalued his assets for bank loans and undervalued his assets for tax purposes, that could really sink him.
But that's just conjecture at this point, so we'll see how far this proceeds.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 am

NorthHawk wrote:One of the big issues is not having access to his tax returns until recently.
If they do show he overvalued his assets for bank loans and undervalued his assets for tax purposes, that could really sink him.
But that's just conjecture at this point, so we'll see how far this proceeds.

Now the tax returns they've been talking about for years as well. Tax returns reporters have seen enough of to know what Trump pays in taxes for a decade. Tax returns the I.R.S. has audited and hasn't pursued an investigation or charges on. The magical tax returns that will take Trump down.

I guess we'll see if the magical tax returns we've been hearing about for years change anything. The clock as they say is ticking.

I hope that Trump for some reason doesn't run again. We don't need that chaos in America again.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am

This really isn't very worthy of discussion. A judge refuses to throw out a lawsuit. Foreign authorities are preparing to launch an investigation. And now we're going to talk about a former President's tax returns. I'm not seeing any of this on my news feed even though it's about 25 stories long. I have to do a search to get any of it to pop up.

It must be a really, really slow news day if those are the best topics we can come up with to talk about.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:17 pm

The scots DESPISE TRUMP. They have hated him from the day he started building his golf courses, flouting laws and encroaching on other landowners.Surrounding land owners have feuded with Trump in scottish courts for years. The scots aren't afraid of political retribution either. They dont have to rely on trumpanzees to get reelected.This is a blow, a potential huge problem well outside the scope of Cyrus Vance and SDNY.

And again, Trumps courses bleed money, lose many multiple millions and yet there's a cash infusion constantly. Its particularly true of his scottish courses.Where does all the money come from? Well. there's Eric's comments in 2012 to as golf course magazine writer who had asked how DT was able to continue building during a worldwide slump in golf. The answer "we have a lot of money coming in from Russia". Of course he's denied ever saying it, fake news :lol: :lol:

WE will see. Will anything stick? in this country maybe not. SDNY and NY state officials are aggressive but unless Weiselberg flips they will wind up where they were with Russia, plenty of smoke, guns with the barrel melted off but no absolute dead red proof to send a former POTUS to prison. So we will see.

Probably deserves its own thread but will he run? who knows. At this point Id say him running is the only chance Biden has based on the trajectory of his administration so far. About 2/3rdsof americans dont want him to run including some republicans. Many prominent republicans loathe him. 17 senators defied him to pass infrastructure. he's had a mixed bag in terms of endorsements, certainly not the juggernaut he was supposed to be. He's the only thing that would cause me to vote for a democrat again and I'm not alone Im certain.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm

Hawktawk wrote:The scots DESPISE TRUMP. They have hated him from the day he started building his golf courses, flouting laws and encroaching on other landowners.Surrounding land owners have feuded with Trump in scottish courts for years. The scots aren't afraid of political retribution either. They dont have to rely on trumpanzees to get reelected.This is a blow, a potential huge problem well outside the scope of Cyrus Vance and SDNY.

And again, Trumps courses bleed money, lose many multiple millions and yet there's a cash infusion constantly. Its particularly true of his scottish courses.Where does all the money come from? Well. there's Eric's comments in 2012 to as golf course magazine writer who had asked how DT was able to continue building during a worldwide slump in golf. The answer "we have a lot of money coming in from Russia". Of course he's denied ever saying it, fake news :lol: :lol:

WE will see. Will anything stick? in this country maybe not. SDNY and NY state officials are aggressive but unless Weiselberg flips they will wind up where they were with Russia, plenty of smoke, guns with the barrel melted off but no absolute dead red proof to send a former POTUS to prison. So we will see.

Probably deserves its own thread but will he run? who knows. At this point Id say him running is the only chance Biden has based on the trajectory of his administration so far. About 2/3rdsof americans dont want him to run including some republicans. Many prominent republicans loathe him. 17 senators defied him to pass infrastructure. he's had a mixed bag in terms of endorsements, certainly not the juggernaut he was supposed to be. He's the only thing that would cause me to vote for a democrat again and I'm not alone Im certain.

Trump and Deathsantis running in 2024 is something I don't want to see, especially if the pandemic is in the rearview mirror and Trump gets to talk up the vaccines his administration started against an 82 year old Biden and a silent as a church mouse Kamala.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:38 am

Deathsantis is the incredible shrinking man right now with more Florida seniors hospitalized with Covid than in January. Forget running with Trump, hes polling poorly against Crist for Governor last few weeks. He wouldn't be Trumps running mate anyway. He not a second fiddle guy. Trump wouldn't pick him anyway. He's already giving him the cold shoulder.

I'm praying someone like a Sasse, Romney maybe, someone who supports republican values without the Qanoon cult stop the steal fanatical cult candidate.
Hell how about Liz Cheney. Thats a real republican, one tough broad. Id run her in 24 against Harris. Id campaign for anyone who stood up to Cheeto last time around.

Biden is not gonna run in 2024. He might not be functional. His mental acuity seems to slip by the day although he's just sleepy, not psycho . No way he is running and I agree I haven't seen much out of Kamala. She's fine as a running mate that was not controversial, probably helped put him over the top but who seems to lack the gravitas and organizational skills to take on the herculean task of cleaning up the border mess. I think she's furious it was dumped in her lap by Biden. Her initial comments after being assigned the task towards northern triangle refugees "do not come" were assailed by freaked out progressives although they were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.Her staff is leaking bad stories like a sieve about her treatment of them, the chaos in her staff.

Both she and Biden are looking very beatable by any acceptable republican candidate, much like Hillary in 2016. Right now the second term of Jeb Bush which I believe we would be in with far less an impact to the planet from the virus, thats been looking pretty good to me since a bunch of fools promoted a madman around 16 more qualified candidates against the only candidate he could beat. Don't make the same mistake again. Between the madness on the far left and the fascist direction of the trumplican wing America cant take another 4 years of it.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:56 am

Seems things are moving along swimmingly…….
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:27 am

curmudgeon wrote:Seems things are moving along swimmingly…….

You think :( :shock:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am

Hawktawk wrote:I'm praying someone like a Sasse, Romney maybe, someone who supports republican values without the Qanoon cult stop the steal fanatical cult candidate. Hell how about Liz Cheney. Thats a real republican, one tough broad. Id run her in 24 against Harris. Id campaign for anyone who stood up to Cheeto last time around.

Trump still has a stranglehold on the Republican Party, and until they decide to leave him, there's no way they're nominating a moderate like Sasse or Romney. Liz Cheney may not make it out of the primaries in 2022. Her anti Trump stance has hurt her big time in pure red Wyoming.

We'll have to wait until after the 2022 midterms and see who emerges as the leader of the party.

Hawktawk wrote:Biden is not gonna run in 2024. He might not be functional. His mental acuity seems to slip by the day although he's just sleepy, not psycho . No way he is running and I agree I haven't seen much out of Kamala. She's fine as a running mate that was not controversial, probably helped put him over the top but who seems to lack the gravitas and organizational skills to take on the herculean task of cleaning up the border mess. I think she's furious it was dumped in her lap by Biden. Her initial comments after being assigned the task towards northern triangle refugees "do not come" were assailed by freaked out progressives although they were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.Her staff is leaking bad stories like a sieve about her treatment of them, the chaos in her staff.

Both she and Biden are looking very beatable by any acceptable republican candidate, much like Hillary in 2016.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Biden won't run for a second term, but I agree that he's very beatable. Like every other Veep, Harris hasn't done anything. It's just like what John Nance Garner referred to the Vice Presidency as, not worth a warm bucket of spit. Not many sitting VP's have been successful in winning terms in their own right, and even the one successful one, Bush 41, it can be argued that he won a very popular POTUS's 3rd term.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 am

Liz Cheney is having record fundraising . Several other republicans with a pair who stood up are as well. As I said 17 crossed the aisle to give Biden a huge win imo America a win . He was 50-50 on his recent endorsement including a failed candidate in Texas . This is the trajectory of Trump , downward . Move ahead another 15 months do you really think he will get momentum ? The news cycle isn’t going to get better with reports he repeatedly threatened the police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt, multiple investigations etc etc. might solidify his base but will not gain him one vote outside his trumplican base.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Liz Cheney is having record fundraising . Several other republicans with a pair who stood up are as well. As I said 17 crossed the aisle to give Biden a huge win imo America a win . He was 50-50 on his recent endorsement including a failed candidate in Texas . This is the trajectory of Trump , downward . Move ahead another 15 months do you really think he will get momentum ? The news cycle isn’t going to get better with reports he repeatedly threatened the police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt, multiple investigations etc etc. might solidify his base but will not gain him one vote outside his trumplican base.

After missing my predictions of a Biden landslide, I'm holding off on anymore predictions, but if you want to talk about fundraising, Trump has already raised over $100 million. He raised $82M in the first half of 2021 alone. 76% of Republicans say that they would vote for Trump again. He's still the single largest factor in the Republican Party, and it would be wise not to underestimate his draw.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:31 pm

25 % of the party won’t support him. It’s losing math. Granted where do they go in 2 years more of Biden ? Graham said today if Trump can’t let go of 2020 Jan 6 will be his political obituary . But if this math stays the same he loses . Any other Republican nominee would unquestionably have 90% support against Biden
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Hawktawk wrote:25 % of the party won’t support him. It’s losing math. Granted where do they go in 2 years more of Biden ? Graham said today if Trump can’t let go of 2020 Jan 6 will be his political obituary . But if this math stays the same he loses . Any other Republican nominee would unquestionably have 90% support against Biden

I honestly hope you're right, but I still think you're doing your touchdown dance way, way too early. There's still one heck of a lot of R's out there that support him and he's raised a huge war chest.

It's a long time even to the midterms, 15+ months, and things could be vastly different by then. In political terms, 2024 is a lifetime away.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:56 pm

I don't even want Trump to run again. Hoping the Republican Party turns on him and does the right thing leaves too much to chance.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:13 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't even want Trump to run again. Hoping the Republican Party turns on him and does the right thing leaves too much to chance.

I'm right there with you, bro, but I'm also a realist. If these past few years has taught me anything, it's that there's a large segment of the US population that does not think logically, and a guy like Trump can, and has, parlayed that to his advantage. That's why I've become so disenchanted with democracy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:16 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm right there with you, bro, but I'm also a realist. If these past few years has taught me anything, it's that there's a large segment of the US population that does not think logically, and a guy like Trump can, and has, parlayed that to his advantage. That's why I've become so disenchanted with democracy.

I don't agree with "don't think logically." I think we have a Democratic Party so out of touch with the American people at this point that they are pursuing policies the American people don't like, don't want, and don't support. It's opening the door for a guy like Trump who at the very least sounds like he loves America versus a Democratic Party that makes every white person sound racist that doesn't agree with them, every cop is a racist, every Trump supporter is a racist, every one needs to be taken care of by a nanny state with ideas like UBI and handouts galore, and just a ton of bad ideas.

You're falling into the trap of the anti-Trump crowd where you're labeling all Trump supporters as illogical and/or wrong/bad. That is the trap that leads to him winning.

Democrats need to seriously think about their messaging. They are allowing radical elements in their base to tear at this country in a way I've never seen before. It is scaring a lot of people. They are getting super tired of the constant America's done bad and wrong, so we have to feel bad about being American messaging.

Trump is taking what the Democrats are giving him and punishing them with body blows. They keep giving him more and more as near as I can tell. The man isn't even on social media any longer, but his base is still behind him relatively strong driven almost purely by hate for the Democrats and their policies.

Even now if I'm Trump I'm salivating for 2024. The vaccine is working and his administration got it going. Democrats are pulling out of Afghanistan and he arranged that. Democrats need to get some effective policies of their own going, not keep setting Trump up for a comeback.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:15 am

I don't agree with "don't think logically." I think we have a Democratic Party so out of touch with the American people at this point that they are pursuing policies the American people don't like, don't want, and don't support. It's opening the door for a guy like Trump who at the very least sounds like he loves America versus a Democratic Party that makes every white person sound racist that doesn't agree with them, every cop is a racist, every Trump supporter is a racist, every one needs to be taken care of by a nanny state with ideas like UBI and handouts galore, and just a ton of bad ideas.[/quote]

I agree about the Dems, but we're talking about internal Republican politics. The R's don't have to nominate Trump in order to oppose the types of things you're saying Dems stand for.

Aseahawkfan wrote:You're falling into the trap of the anti-Trump crowd where you're labeling all Trump supporters as illogical and/or wrong/bad. That is the trap that leads to him winning.

If what some of the polling data that shows large percentages of Trump supporters actually believe that the election was stolen, then they are by definition illogical. It's possible that some could feel that way as due to expanded mail-in voting as a result of the pandemic allowed ineligible voters to cast ballots or some other theory that is fact based, but these folks that believe it was actually stolen are truly illogical as there is no proof.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Even now if I'm Trump I'm salivating for 2024. The vaccine is working and his administration got it going. Democrats are pulling out of Afghanistan and he arranged that. Democrats need to get some effective policies of their own going, not keep setting Trump up for a comeback.

Agreed for the most part. But Trump is failing to take advantage of the vaccine issue. If he wants to take credit for it, which I think he has every right to, he should be out there with PSA's for people to get vaccinated. His handlers have been encouraging him to do it and every other former POTUS has, but he hasn't. Indeed, when he and his family got vaccinated when he was still in office, he did it in secrecy. It's an opportunity that he's missing, probably because he thinks he'll lose support if he advocates it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:36 pm

You know how these parties are. They go with who they think can win. Just like the Democrats torpedoed Bernie Sanders against Clinton, if the Rs didn't think Trump could win they would torpedo him. But if they think he can win, they'll get behind him. For both parties it's all about power and control.

It really feels like Trump is getting lucky again. Biden is taking the hit for vaccine distribution including mandates. Biden is taking the hit for leaving Afghanistan. People are starting to forget about the Capitol Riot as other news comes to the forefront. The ammunition for the Trump to use against Biden in 2024 is piling up. If Trump runs again and wins, he really is born under a lucky star.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:You know how these parties are. They go with who they think can win. Just like the Democrats torpedoed Bernie Sanders against Clinton, if the Rs didn't think Trump could win they would torpedo him. But if they think he can win, they'll get behind him. For both parties it's all about power and control.

It really feels like Trump is getting lucky again. Biden is taking the hit for vaccine distribution including mandates. Biden is taking the hit for leaving Afghanistan. People are starting to forget about the Capitol Riot as other news comes to the forefront. The ammunition for the Trump to use against Biden in 2024 is piling up. If Trump runs again and wins, he really is born under a lucky star.

Agreed on both counts.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic