Joe getting sleepier

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Joe getting sleepier

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:42 am

Something very bad is going on with the president . It was clear during the campaign he had lost his fastball as an orator although he was able to decisively beat the blowhard in the first debate .

But now in the middle of the worst foreign policy crisis in some time he’s seeming confused . In an ABC interview he made statements such as claiming nobody had died in Kabul when it was widely reported that there had been deaths including 2 who fell from the landing gear of a plane . He said we have no forces in Syria when we have 900 armored troops . In portions that were edited out he misstated the theatre his son served in initially and made nonsensical comments . Other than a couple of prepared remarks and a powder puff edited interview he’s been out of sight . Out of town too as he’s spent 10 of the 14 days since the fall of Afghanistan in his Deleware vacation property . That includes the critical 72 hour period when the Taliban began picking off multiple provinces a day . I’m an equal opportunity critic who sees him as no more qualified to lead our armed forces than the last guy . I think we traded a man who was psychotic and remaines so for a man in steep mental decline that will only worsen . Of course the republicans who covered for the psycho are talking 25th amendment . But it may come to that . I wonder if the guy will make it 4 years .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Joe getting sleepier

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:39 pm

curmudgeon wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don’t see much humor in it . I’d like to feel like the commander in chief is capable and I haven’t in 2 adminstrations now .
M Don’t misunderstand , I’m glad Trumps gone and feel he was a huge threat to national security and global stability . Here in America you get 2 choices and neither neither have been particularly acceptable since at least 2012. I just have a feeling we might want to start thinking about what a Harris presidency might look like . It’s not going to get easier for Joe and the media and his staff can’t hide it forever . I’m looking down the road but would dems do what Rs wouldn’t and remove an unfit president of their own party . Graham said today if Biden doesn’t use the full force of the military in Afghanistan he should be impeached for dereliction of duty . So here we go. How will democrats respond ?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:38 pm

We don't have good leadership any more. The nation is too polarized. People believe in nonsense nowadays whether it is Republicans and their anti-vaccine stance or Democrats and their critical race theory everyone who disagrees with them is a racist rhetoric.

This is what happens when you forget that you are a Republic based on individual rights and you tyranny of the mob. People don't understand we are not a pure Democracy and were never intended to be. We were not supposed to be governed by the popular vote as some want or have these career politicians who don't answer to the people, but are subservient to them.

That is not leadership. That is foolishness.

People as a mob are not capable of making sound decisions. They are not educated enough on enough topics to do so. That is why they get played all the time and will forever in a Democracy. If we don't find leadership that is good for the nation soon, we're on a clear path to some very dark times.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:28 am

We’re on the path . Frankly I think the only hope is a third party or a very charismatic intelligent leader . Right now we have Cheeto on the right along with deathsantis and even that bat shart crazy Marjorie Taylor Green is in Iowa . Meanwhile the president is looking extremely unsteady and his potential successor has not impressed to any degree . I think I’ve seen you suggest that Biden’s performance during this crisis does open the door for someone like Trump or one of his white nationalist buddies to run and win . It’s a long time away . I will say that this really coujd hurt the dems in the midterm if it doesn’t get cleaned up soon . As for anti vax Trump surprisingly actually urged supporters to get it at an Alabama rally it and it was the only line he got booed on . Crazy world .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:14 pm

To be fair, Biden has never been a fluid speaker. Words have never flowed with the eloquence of a politician like FDR or JFK. As a child, he had a terrible stutter and as an adult, has always been prone to gaffes and has been well known in Washington for decades as having one of the worst cases of foot-in-mouth disease. Compound that with a natural decline that the average 78 year old shows and it should be no surprise to any of us that Biden looks as bad as he does.

At this point, he's acceptable to all other viable alternatives, which includes Donald Trump and every other major Democrat from Bernie Sanders to Kamala Harris. It's a sad situation, but it's something we asked for back in 2016 when the Democrats nominated Hillary and the R's married themselves to DJT.

Although I'm ripe for a 3rd party, it will never happen in my lifetime. There is no middle of the road for an independent to cut a large enough swath through that would allow them to get any traction. We are far too polarized as an electorate.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:To be fair, Biden has never been a fluid speaker. Words have never flowed with the eloquence of a politician like FDR or JFK. As a child, he had a terrible stutter and as an adult, has always been prone to gaffes and has been well known in Washington for decades as having one of the worst cases of foot-in-mouth disease. Compound that with a natural decline that the average 78 year old shows and it should be no surprise to any of us that Biden looks as bad as he does.

At this point, he's acceptable to all other viable alternatives, which includes Donald Trump and every other major Democrat from Bernie Sanders to Kamala Harris. It's a sad situation, but it's something we asked for back in 2016 when the Democrats nominated Hillary and the R's married themselves to DJT.

Although I'm ripe for a 3rd party, it will never happen in my lifetime. There is no middle of the road for an independent to cut a large enough swath through that would allow them to get any traction. We are far too polarized as an electorate.

A masked Joe Biden appeared to fall asleep for about a minute while being spoken to by an Israeli diplomat yesterday in a made for TV event. The man was literally physically speaking to him at the time and he fell asleep. :shock: :shock: :shock: I know he's likely not getting as much sleep and the stress has to be awful with the utter disaster in Afghanistan and the virus taking over again but sorry, this isn't acceptable any more than the last guy being a psycho.

I've always been more of a commander in chief voter than anything else and we've traded a guy who I feared would pick up the red phone and dial it who in fact did lead us to the brink of total war with Iran for a guy who will sleep through the call. Biden has slipped dramatically since being elected and it isn't going to improve . Like it or not get ready for Kamela. This isn't simply Old joe being Biden anymore. Ill predict right now he will not serve his full term.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:26 pm

Hawktawk wrote:A masked Joe Biden appeared to fall asleep for about a minute while being spoken to by an Israeli diplomat yesterday in a made for TV event. The man was literally physically speaking to him at the time and he fell asleep. :shock: :shock: :shock: I know he's likely not getting as much sleep and the stress has to be awful with the utter disaster in Afghanistan and the virus taking over again but sorry, this isn't acceptable any more than the last guy being a psycho.

I've always been more of a commander in chief voter than anything else and we've traded a guy who I feared would pick up the red phone and dial it who in fact did lead us to the brink of total war with Iran for a guy who will sleep through the call. Biden has slipped dramatically since being elected and it isn't going to improve . Like it or not get ready for Kamela. This isn't simply Old joe being Biden anymore. Ill predict right now he will not serve his full term.

The only way that Biden doesn't finish his term is if he dies or resigns. There is no way that a Constitutional method, whether that be impeachment or the 25th Amendment, would ever come into play. Ronald Reagan frequently dosed off during cabinet meetings and no one ever questioned his decision making capabilities.

My best friend is 83 years old, and he can't stay awake to save his life. When we went on our Iceland tour back in June, he fell asleep on a pitching, rolling 80 foot boat during a whale watching excursion and sprawled all over the deck, scaring the crew half to death. His heart rate is 42 beats a minute. He has a pace maker but he made them turn it off because it didn't make him feel any better. But he's an extremely intelligent person, a PhD, can rise to the occasion when he has to, has a brilliant mind, holds himself well in conversations and debates. My point is that alertness is critical for doing something physical or that requires good hand/eye coordination, like driving a car or operating power equipment, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will subject a person to bad decision making.

Sleepy Joe might doze off and drive his golf cart into a water hazard, but he's not going to fall asleep and hit the button that launches the missiles.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:[
The only way that Biden doesn't finish his term is if he dies or resigns. There is no way that a Constitutional method, whether that be impeachment or the 25th Amendment, would ever come into play. Ronald Reagan frequently dosed off during cabinet meetings and no one ever questioned his decision making capabilities.

My best friend is 83 years old, and he can't stay awake to save his life. When we went on our Iceland tour back in June, he fell asleep on a pitching, rolling 80 foot boat during a whale watching excursion and sprawled all over the deck, scaring the crew half to death. His heart rate is 42 beats a minute. He has a pace maker but he made them turn it off because it didn't make him feel any better. But he's an extremely intelligent person, a PhD, can rise to the occasion when he has to, has a brilliant mind, holds himself well in conversations and debates. My point is that alertness is critical for doing something physical or that requires good hand/eye coordination, like driving a car or operating power equipment, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will subject a person to bad decision making.

Sleepy Joe might doze off and drive his golf cart into a water hazard, but he's not going to fall asleep and hit the button that launches the missiles.

With the political fallout of this debacle and his polls heading south Biden will likely lose the entire congress in 22 and likely face investigations and maybe even impeachment over the bungled pullout. As for 25th we would have to see. Kamela would be a yes vote right now IMO. Many in the party would love to have her in charge as the first woman president. Its not nearly the same dynamic as Trump.
Biden was ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN A PHOTO OP CONVERSATION with the new Israeli Prime Minister. He slept for a minute :?
I know all about Reagan dozing off in meetings towards the end of his second term but Reagan was a brilliant man, fluent speaker.Most important Reagan employed good people and listened to them. Bidens team looks very weak right now. He chose Lloyd Austin as Def secretary to have a cabinet that looks like America. Was he the most qualified?Don't know much else except he ran centcom for a while and If he was the guy who signed off on this..... :cry:
I'm a grass janitor and I understand air power is something america does better than anyone and you dont pull air support ever when you want to get people out.

Matt Gaetz, trumpanzee congressman from florida called Austin the "dumbest member of any presidential cabinet ever" I dont want to hear that from coke snorting underage girl tagging trumpanzee and the racial overtone is deafening. But what if the man is incompetent? Would Biden fire him, the first black Secretary of defense? Russia and China have been having a field day for years at our expense but there are some, mainly on the right who believe Bidens perceived weakness and mental decline may lead say China to decide the time is now to take taiwan or something. Its not reassuring.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Hawktawk wrote:With the political fallout of this debacle and his polls heading south Biden will likely lose the entire congress in 22 and likely face investigations and maybe even impeachment over the bungled pullout. As for 25th we would have to see. Kamela would be a yes vote right now IMO. Many in the party would love to have her in charge as the first woman president. Its not nearly the same dynamic as Trump.
Biden was ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN A PHOTO OP CONVERSATION with the new Israeli Prime Minister. He slept for a minute :?

I know all about Reagan dozing off in meetings towards the end of his second term but Reagan was a brilliant man, fluent speaker.Most important Reagan employed good people and listened to them. Bidens team looks very weak right now. He chose Lloyd Austin as Def secretary to have a cabinet that looks like America. Was he the most qualified?Don't know much else except he ran centcom for a while and If he was the guy who signed off on this..... :cry:

I'm a grass janitor and I understand air power is something america does better than anyone and you dont pull air support ever when you want to get people out.

Matt Gaetz, trumpanzee congressman from florida called Austin the "dumbest member of any presidential cabinet ever" I dont want to hear that from coke snorting underage girl tagging trumpanzee and the racial overtone is deafening. But what if the man is incompetent? Would Biden fire him, the first black Secretary of defense? Russia and China have been having a field day for years at our expense but there are some, mainly on the right who believe Bidens perceived weakness and mental decline may lead say China to decide the time is now to take taiwan or something. Its not reassuring.

Reagan dozed of in cabinet meetings in his first term, too. It would have been an issue in his re-election bid but Reagan defused it by making a self deprecating joke about not taking advantage of his opponent's youth and inexperience by making age an issue.

Personally I'm tired of people calling for impeachment at the drop of a hat. Ever since Clinton was impeached it's been brought up by someone looking for headlines with every POTUS since then. It's not going to happen, or at least it won't result in a removal from office. If they couldn't get Trump out after all the chit he did, there's no way anyone will be able to touch Biden. The 25th as it wasn't designed for a situation even remotely like Biden's. It was created with Woodrow Wilson in mind, who suffered a debilitating stroke while in office, something that could be easily diagnosed. It's an escape hatch in the event the POTUS is incapacitated, not a way to circumvent the results of an election.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:47 pm

RiverDog wrote:Reagan dozed of in cabinet meetings in his first term, too. It would have been an issue in his re-election bid but Reagan defused it by making a self deprecating joke about not taking advantage of his opponent's youth and inexperience by making age an issue.

Personally I'm tired of people calling for impeachment at the drop of a hat. Ever since Clinton was impeached it's been brought up by someone looking for headlines with every POTUS since then. It's not going to happen, or at least it won't result in a removal from office. If they couldn't get Trump out after all the chit he did, there's no way anyone will be able to touch Biden. The 25th as it wasn't designed for a situation even remotely like Biden's. It was created with Woodrow Wilson in mind, who suffered a debilitating stroke while in office, something that could be easily diagnosed. It's an escape hatch in the event the POTUS is incapacitated, not a way to circumvent the results of an election.

We don't want to end up like France.

I would prefer some younger, more energetic leadership with some new ideas for where to take the country that didn't speak as though America were some country that was incorrigibly racist, sexist, and evil filled with white males that are some kind of enemy group. That messaging is terrible, inaccurate, and just pushing people into a corner that they will have no choice but to come out of swinging.

Be nice to see a young, sane politician interested in rebuilding the middle class into a strong, united group. Some science is great, but academia not as much. To me there is a clear demarcation between the hard sciences and the social sciences. The hard sciences I have a great deal of trust in as their data can't be manipulated by asking bad questions. Social science I don't trust as the data can be manipulated by asking the question in a way that slants towards what you want to prove and the agenda you're pushing. Social scientists are a dishonest group in my opinion more politically driven than scientifically driven. I would not employ many other than economists to do much in a political administrations. I view sociologists and psychologists as witch doctors or medicine men more than scientists. Sure, some of what they do works, but most of it is just rubbish.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:47 am

This here^^^^we always hear term limits when we need age limits. Why are people who are 80% to dead leading this nation ? Of course it’s up to we the people to vote these fossils out in the primaries .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:55 am

As for topic Biden finished a statement on the hurricane and said “ I’m not supposed to take any questions but go ahead “ a reporter said “ on Afghanistan “ at which point Biden angrily told her he wasn’t talking Afghanistan today and stormed out of the room. He earlier had said after a presser that he had been instructed to only call on
selected reporters from a list .

Like I say we are 6 months into the 4 year term . I don’t know ….
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 am

Hawktawk wrote:As for topic Biden finished a statement on the hurricane and said “ I’m not supposed to take any questions but go ahead “ a reporter said “ on Afghanistan “ at which point Biden angrily told her he wasn’t talking Afghanistan today and stormed out of the room. He earlier had said after a presser that he had been instructed to only call on
selected reporters from a list .

Like I say we are 6 months into the 4 year term . I don’t know ….

It's still better than the chaos of Trump. He'd be cursing reporters out, making up nicknames, and spouting lies about his end to the Afghanistan war was the smartest move every made by a president in history and the exit of the U.S. military was the smoothest, most perfect end to a war ever in history. Just beautiful and perfect and the media just hates him.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:13 pm

I agree . Look you know where I’ve stood since 2016. I’m glad trumps gone . Say what you will about this strategic blunder it does not make America less safe than the demeanor of the adderal snorting midnight tweeter and 4 or 5 foreign policy gaffes that made China, Russia , NK , turkey , Syria and Iran stronger . Biden is more respectful of the office by far and generally more respectful towards anyone. My concern is the things I’m seeing now , serious lapses in the synapses . And an unwillingness to make tough personnel choices . He’s keeping guys who aren’t as good as the guys trump fired like changing underwear . Neither is safe for America’s security . I root for Joe. I think he’s a decent dignified man . I’m sure he’s devastated by how things are going . I own that I supported him. But IMO we have our second commander in chief with brain issues .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I agree . Look you know where I’ve stood since 2016. I’m glad trumps gone . Say what you will about this strategic blunder it does not make America less safe than the demeanor of the adderal snorting midnight tweeter and 4 or 5 foreign policy gaffes that made China, Russia , NK , turkey , Syria and Iran stronger . Biden is more respectful of the office by far and generally more respectful towards anyone. My concern is the things I’m seeing now , serious lapses in the synapses . And an unwillingness to make tough personnel choices . He’s keeping guys who aren’t as good as the guys trump fired like changing underwear . Neither is safe for America’s security . I root for Joe. I think he’s a decent dignified man . I’m sure he’s devastated by how things are going . I own that I supported him. But IMO we have our second commander in chief with brain issues .

Joe didn't even want to run. He's a 78 year old man who stepped up to run because no one else the Democrats rolled out other than Bernie Sanders had any chance of beating Trump. And Sanders is about the same age as Biden.

Nots sure why the Republicans and Democrats can't find someone better than Crazy Old Man versus Sleepy Old Man, but that's where we're at. Hope for better in 2024.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:27 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Joe didn't even want to run. He's a 78 year old man who stepped up to run because no one else the Democrats rolled out other than Bernie Sanders had any chance of beating Trump. And Sanders is about the same age as Biden.

Nots sure why the Republicans and Democrats can't find someone better than Crazy Old Man versus Sleepy Old Man, but that's where we're at. Hope for better in 2024.

I'm not sure if Joe didn't want to run or not, nor do I think that anyone outside his immediate family actually knows his true feelings about it. But I do believe that he was the only Democrat of the major contenders (Sanders, Harris, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, et al) that could have beaten Trump, and since all of us in this forum are anti Trump, we owe Sleepy Joe a very large amount of gratitude.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:38 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm not sure if Joe didn't want to run or not, nor do I think that anyone outside his immediate family actually knows his true feelings about it. But I do believe that he was the only Democrat of the major contenders (Sanders, Harris, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, et al) that could have beaten Trump, and since all of us in this forum are anti Trump, we owe Sleepy Joe a very large amount of gratitude.

If he wanted to run, he would have done it in 2016 in my opinion. I think he was 73 or 74 at the time and had done his time. He was ready to pass the torch on and settle into retirement. But then Trump came and ruined his retirement. The Democratic Party said Hilary can't beat him and she's our most mainstream Democrat with the clout to win. So they decided Joe was next.

After Joe is done, I'm not even sure who the Democrats trot out next as I'm not even sure who the Republicans trot out next since the nation seems tired of Bush's and mainstream Republicans.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm not sure if Joe didn't want to run or not, nor do I think that anyone outside his immediate family actually knows his true feelings about it. But I do believe that he was the only Democrat of the major contenders (Sanders, Harris, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, et al) that could have beaten Trump, and since all of us in this forum are anti Trump, we owe Sleepy Joe a very large amount of gratitude.

Aseahawkfan wrote:If he wanted to run, he would have done it in 2016 in my opinion. I think he was 73 or 74 at the time and had done his time. He was ready to pass the torch on and settle into retirement. But then Trump came and ruined his retirement. The Democratic Party said Hilary can't beat him and she's our most mainstream Democrat with the clout to win. So they decided Joe was next.

According to Biden himself, the reason why he didn't run in 2016 was because his son Beau had just lost his battle with brain cancer:

For 12 weeks before announcing his decision, Biden maintained that he was unsure if he would run. But at a press conference in the White House Rose Garden in October 2015, he announced his decision with his wife Jill by his side.

“As my family and I have worked through the grieving process, I’ve said all along ... It may very well be that that process, by the time we get through it, closes the window on mounting a realistic campaign for president, that it might close,” Biden said. “I’ve concluded that it has closed.”

Having experienced a similar tragedy, I have to take him for his word. Losing a son or daughter is the worst possible thing that life can deal us as it doesn't fit the natural order of things. Kids are supposed to bury their parents, not the other way around.

Aseahawkfan wrote:After Joe is done, I'm not even sure who the Democrats trot out next as I'm not even sure who the Republicans trot out next since the nation seems tired of Bush's and mainstream Republicans.

Neither am I. Outside of Mitt Romney, who is unlikely to run again and even more unlikely to win the nomination, I don't see anyone on the R's side that I'm particularly excited about. If Biden doesn't run, the Dems don't really have a centrist candidate, the closest being Buttigieg. So we'll see.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:45 am

Im with Asea. At a minimum he was unsure, I think he ran because he knew Trump needed to go. I don't think he wanted to do it. He knew about Tara Reid and knew he would be drug through it. I sure he knew his energy level and cognitive function wasn't what it was. No old persons is. Now hes reaping the consequences of his decision, being nit picked for looking at his watch at the Dover ceremony. A father of one of the KIAs asked him to learn their stories and he "bristled"in response. According to the grieving father. If anything Biden has been known for his empathy in the past. I see personality changes. Again its 3.5 years left so lets see.My guess is Joe is wishing he had never done it.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 am

Hawktawk wrote:Im with Asea. At a minimum he was unsure, I think he ran because he knew Trump needed to go. I don't think he wanted to do it. He knew about Tara Reid and knew he would be drug through it. I sure he knew his energy level and cognitive function wasn't what it was. No old persons is. Now hes reaping the consequences of his decision, being nit picked for looking at his watch at the Dover ceremony. A father of one of the KIAs asked him to learn their stories and he "bristled"in response. According to the grieving father. If anything Biden has been known for his empathy in the past. I see personality changes. Again its 3.5 years left so lets see.My guess is Joe is wishing he had never done it.

He's definitely feeling the strain of the office as it's been a rough couple of months. Another incident that had to be a dagger in his heart is that nearly 1800 members of families of 9/11 victims wrote a letter asking him to stay away from their planned memorial service on the 20th anniversary because he's broken a campaign promise to them regarding the release of certain documents. The primary issue that got him elected, the pandemic, has not subsided, and although he's certainly not entirely to blame, it is happening on his watch. And of course there's Afghanistan.

Biden's behavior reminds me of LBJ and the suffering he went through late in his presidency, the difference being that Biden has been in office for less than 9 months. It would not surprise me at all if he does the same thing and declines a shot at a 2nd term.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:33 pm

At Biden's age, I don't think anyone expects him to run for a second term no matter how good or bad the first term goes. Like Riv said, he may be doze off like Reagan but at no point do I think the gov't is going to go off the rails or get taken over by a coup attempt (Trump). I think ASEA will get his wish for a more energetic president after Biden. I hope it's Mayor Pete, but that's me.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:56 pm

I-5 wrote:At Biden's age, I don't think anyone expects him to run for a second term no matter how good or bad the first term goes. Like Riv said, he may be doze off like Reagan but at no point do I think the gov't is going to go off the rails or get taken over by a coup attempt (Trump). I think ASEA will get his wish for a more energetic president after Biden. I hope it's Mayor Pete, but that's me.

Age and mental acuity isn't what worries me about Biden. I know a lot of people that have suffered from an age related cognitive decline, and their problem is quick thinking, putting thoughts into words, and short term memory (I can't remember where I parked my car). None of those traits are required for the types of decision making that a manager is subject to. He's not a contestant on a game show.

I'd be OK with Pete (BTW he's no longer Mayor Pete, he's Secretary Pete), but my preference is a never Trump Republican like Liz Cheney, Paul Ryan, John Thune, Mitt Romney, et al. But Trump, or rather Trumpism, still seems to have a stranglehold on the party, and until then, I won't be voting for a Republican candidate whether it be Trump or a candidate supported by Trump. My litmus test for any candidate for any office will be "do you support Donald Trump?"
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 pm

I'd be OK with Pete (BTW he's no longer Mayor Pete, he's Secretary Pete), but my preference is a never Trump Republican like Liz Cheney, Paul Ryan, John Thune, Mitt Romney, et al. But Trump, or rather Trumpism, still seems to have a stranglehold on the party, and until then, I won't be voting for a Republican candidate whether it be Trump or a candidate supported by Trump. My litmus test for any candidate for any office will be "do you support Donald Trump?"

Yes I would be ok with an anti-Trump republican, but are any of those names you mentioned considering running for POTUS? Secretary Pete stands alone in the Dem Party for me as a potential unifier.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:41 am

I-5 wrote:Yes I would be ok with an anti-Trump republican, but are any of those names you mentioned considering running for POTUS? Secretary Pete stands alone in the Dem Party for me as a potential unifier.

To my knowledge, there haven't been any candidates that have expressed interest in running in 2024, and I doubt that many will ahead of the 2022 midterm elections. All we're getting is suggestions from the media, like DeSantis, Pence, etc. We'll see who emerges after the midterms. There is some evidence that Trump's stranglehold on the party is beginning to wane. He's still banned from the major social media platforms so he's not getting the same daily exposure he did in 2016. We're sort of in interstellar space as far as active national candidates goes.

As far as Pete being a potential unifier, the Democrats seem even more disorganized than the R's. The progressives have been a pain in the rear for Biden, threatening to derail his comparatively modest proposals unless he embraces their entire agenda, which is almost certainly doomed to fail. Even if he decided to run, I can't see Pete winning the nomination in such a fractured party. IMO if Biden doesn't run, Harris will get the nomination. Pete's in the same cabinet with Harris so I think it unlikely that he'd even run against her. IMO the most likely track for him is to resign his cabinet position to run for Indiana Senator in 2024.

Biden is being consumed by events out of his control, very similar to what LBJ and Jimmy Carter had to face in their first terms. His job approval numbers are in the dumpster and the personal looks we're getting treated to bear great resemblance to those we saw of LBJ bent over his desk with his forehead resting on his fist. He's giving the public the impression that he's not up to the job, and his advancing age adds to that perception.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:17 am

Biden is being consumed by events out of his control

According to whom? Seems like a subjective statement at best. I'm not perceiving it that way.
I-5
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:52 am

According the Right spin. Spin it left it looks completely different.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Biden is being consumed by events out of his control

I-5 wrote:According to whom? Seems like a subjective statement at best. I'm not perceiving it that way.

You're right, it's a subjective statement. It's my own personal observation, and no, I'm not reiterating the right's spin.

The pandemic is out of his control. He inherited it just like Johnson inherited Vietnam. He's pushed all the right buttons as far as distributing the vaccine and issuing mandates, but he can't physically go out and jab 330 million people. It's a crisis that no matter how hard he tries, he can't end. Congress is out of his control. It's damn near evenly split and even the most skilled leader isn't going to keep 100% of his party in line. We're about to be thrust into another government shutdown because of it, and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. He advertised himself as a uniter, a person that has a history of being able to reach across the aisle, but no one can reconcile this current divide.

As others have mentioned, Biden just looks weary. It's a personal observation.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:You're right, it's a subjective statement. It's my own personal observation, and no, I'm not reiterating the right's spin.

The pandemic is out of his control. He inherited it just like Johnson inherited Vietnam. He's pushed all the right buttons as far as distributing the vaccine and issuing mandates, but he can't physically go out and jab 330 million people. It's a crisis that no matter how hard he tries, he can't end. Congress is out of his control. It's damn near evenly split and even the most skilled leader isn't going to keep 100% of his party in line. We're about to be thrust into another government shutdown because of it, and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. He advertised himself as a uniter, a person that has a history of being able to reach across the aisle, but no one can reconcile this current divide.

As others have mentioned, Biden just looks weary. It's a personal observation.

It doesn't look like a crisis to me. It looks controlled. We know vaccination will help people. We are not overloaded save in a few areas that are stupid and should choose new leadership to deal with the stupidity. If they don't, then let them suffer for their stupidity.

I think most of these crises including Afghanistan are manufactured BS. We knew what would happen when we leave Afghanistan. Even my conservative buddies have now gone quiet about Afghanistan just like I knew they would along with most of America who only cares about Afghanistan as long as the news is telling them to care and the can b**** about the current president. They never cared about the Afghan people and never will give much of a crap. I wish they would stop pretending. But no one wants to pass up a chance to paint the current president they are against as the dark lord.

Even as we move farther away from Trump, it just becomes more and more evident the Russian BS was manufactured by the Clinton Democratic machine and they couldn't prove jack squat. And they don't seem to have any good lawsuits to pin on Trump yet as he is still eligible to run in 2024. So where is all this evidence from Cohen and New York City DA and the like they had in the news all the time claiming they were, "This close to enditing Trump." It's been 5 plus years since they tried to stick something to the guy some on here have called "The Dumbest, most evil president ever." Apparently being dumb allows you to outsmart everyone else.

Suffice it to say, I'm entirely tired of the constant stream of political lies against whatever president you hate at a given time. As far as I see Biden, things are running as well as to be expected. He's the face man. His advisers and all the experts the American people pay for to run the country seem to have things under control and moving in the right direction. As far as all these governors in idiot states who don't believe in vaccination, well, they can let their voters die then wonder why they lost if they lose by a few hundred votes. If the Republicans manage to win again, then the Democrats can wonder why defund the police, critical race theory, and the like don't sell well to voters because most sensible know why these ideas are stupid.

If Trump runs again in 2024 because the Democrats are too weak and stupid to stop him, the country gets what it deserves for continuing to vote for and support stupid leadership.
Last edited by Aseahawkfan on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Suffice it to say, I'm entirely tired of the constant stream of political lies against whatever president you hate at a given time. As far as I see Biden, things are running as well as to be expected. He's the face man. His advisers and all the experts the American people pay for to run the country seem to have things under control and moving in the right direction. As far as all these governors in idiot states who don't believe in vaccination, well, they can let their voters die then wonder why they lost if they lose by a few hundred votes. If the Republicans manage to win again, then the Democrats can wonder why defund the police, critical race theory, and the like don't sell well to voters because most sensible know why these ideas are stupid.

I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying. With the exception of Afghanistan, which I think is as much his advisors fault as it was his, IMO Biden is making the right calls. I don't have a huge problem with anything he's done and would vote for him again if the election were held today.

But the rest of the country isn't. His job approval numbers are in the toilet, the D's look to take a huge beating in the midterms, and the government is about to shut down, perhaps go into default. The conservatives, who are going to hate anyone with a D behind their name and a few with R's, are solidly against him and will obstruct anything and everything he proposes, and worse, he can't even get his own party on board as the progressives can't seem to recognize political realities. It's a hopeless situation.

If Trump runs again in 2024 because the Democrats are too weak and stupid to stop him, the country gets what it deserves for continuing to vote for and support stupid leadership.[/quote]
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:24 pm

RiverDog wrote:I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying. With the exception of Afghanistan, which I think is as much his advisors fault as it was his, IMO Biden is making the right calls. I don't have a huge problem with anything he's done and would vote for him again if the election were held today.

But the rest of the country isn't. His job approval numbers are in the toilet, the D's look to take a huge beating in the midterms, and the government is about to shut down, perhaps go into default. The conservatives, who are going to hate anyone with a D behind their name and a few with R's, are solidly against him and will obstruct anything and everything he proposes, and worse, he can't even get his own party on board as the progressives can't seem to recognize political realities. It's a hopeless situation.

If the Democrats lose in 2022 it will be for reasons other than Afghanistan. They don't like vaccine mandates which we already knew they wouldn't like as they didn't like them before. They don't like critical race theory which Fox News and other conservative pundits push as the "hate whitey" theory making sure to put every idiot they can on TV making this look true. The defund the police movement was a near political disaster that almost cost them the 2020 presidential election.

The Dems so far haven't been able to push any major legislation through. They likely won't be able to if they take a beating in 2022.

So we'll see if they get it cleaned up before it happens.

Even more disturbing is not sticking a single thing to Trump. 5 years of expensive investigations, a special investigator, they have his tax returns now, and still nothing. The Democrats either have nothing or are too weak to prosecute it. I'm betting they have nothing that they won't suffer for trying to prosecute as in if they prosecute some major Democrats will suddenly have similar charges brought against them. The Democrats are dirty as the Republicans when it comes to making money in foreign nations. None of them want all their dirt dragged out in the public if Trump and the Republican Party retaliate.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:16 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:If the Democrats lose in 2022 it will be for reasons other than Afghanistan. They don't like vaccine mandates which we already knew they wouldn't like as they didn't like them before. They don't like critical race theory which Fox News and other conservative pundits push as the "hate whitey" theory making sure to put every idiot they can on TV making this look true. The defund the police movement was a near political disaster that almost cost them the 2020 presidential election.

The Dems so far haven't been able to push any major legislation through. They likely won't be able to if they take a beating in 2022.

So we'll see if they get it cleaned up before it happens.

Even more disturbing is not sticking a single thing to Trump. 5 years of expensive investigations, a special investigator, they have his tax returns now, and still nothing. The Democrats either have nothing or are too weak to prosecute it. I'm betting they have nothing that they won't suffer for trying to prosecute as in if they prosecute some major Democrats will suddenly have similar charges brought against them. The Democrats are dirty as the Republicans when it comes to making money in foreign nations. None of them want all their dirt dragged out in the public if Trump and the Republican Party retaliate.

I agree with everything except for hanging the failure to get Trump on something being the Dems fault. Legal actions, especially complicated ones involving businesses, tax returns, and multiple individuals, can be measured in decades. Not many of the things they're seeking to hang on Trump has been dismissed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 am

The most legal jeapordy Trump faces currently is the Georgia election interference investigation. The Fulton country DA is a democrat and really it’s a slam dunk case of interference caught in numerous phone calls threatening people , trying to get them to “ find” the exact number of votes that could switch the results . It’s not front page news but it’s moving along . Also RD I saw where you blamed Biden’s advisors as much as him for Afghanistan . After the hearings last 2 days it’s clear they advised against troop withdrawal and suggested a force of 2500 be left permanently . Biden is quoted as saying he “ went with the consensus” worse yet he went on with George stephanopolis and when asked repeatedly whether he had received any advice about leaving troops he said “ no not that I recall . Both the marine general testifying and the sec of defense Lloyd Austin confirmed this to be the case . So either Biden’s mind is so shot he could not remember being given the advice , 3 generals are lying or Biden lied . As I said on the Afghanistan thread I can handle a commander in chief who says no more endless war, no more 3.5 Billion a month , pull us out now . But just own it with the press and the American people . I think this debacle and Biden’s response is going to hang around his entire term. I have a great American patriot in the next condo who is a marine lt colonel with decades of service including that theater , also has been a West Point educator . He blames Biden for doing it , he blames the commanders for the strategic failures and believes they should quit or get fired . It’s the second term in a row I’ve been concerned about a commander in chief .

As for 24 larry hogan gov of Maryland is planning an anti trump r candidacy . I’ll vote for a never trump Republican or a 3rd party unless Kamala winds up in the roll and performs extremely well . I’ve already seen enough of Biden to know I won’t vote for him again . I don’t think he’s evil like trump , or manic . Just slow and dishonest and far too liberal , way worse the. I expected .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:54 am

Hawktawk wrote:I’ll vote for a never trump Republican or a 3rd party unless Kamala winds up in the roll and performs extremely well . I’ve already seen enough of Biden to know I won’t vote for him again . I don’t think he’s evil like trump , or manic . Just slow and dishonest and far too liberal , way worse the. I expected .

As far as who I'll vote for in the future, I can be had. Unless she changes her tune from what she was in the 2020 primaries, I can't see voting for Harris unless the choice is Trump or a Trump clone like DeSantis. Even if a never Trump R runs, I'm not necessarily voting for them as I could easily see myself voting for Biden or some other centrist Dem, for example Pete B over the R.

Also, who I vote for POTUS might depend on who controls Congress. I don't want to see one party controlling both branches of government.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:59 am

Right now it appears neither party is in control . Imo
Joe’s not running , would not win if he did , might be primaried depending on the next 3 years .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:02 am

Hawktawk wrote:Right now it appears neither party is in control . Imo
Joe’s not running , would not win if he did , might be primaried depending on the next 3 years .

If he decides to run again, Biden isn't going to get "primaried". If he did, it would be the first time in history that an incumbent POTUS did not win their party's nomination. More than likely, he'd be unopposed.

So long as the dysfunction doesn't manifest itself in the government shutting down or going into default, I'm good with neither party being 'in control.'
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 pm

RiverDog wrote:I agree with everything except for hanging the failure to get Trump on something being the Dems fault. Legal actions, especially complicated ones involving businesses, tax returns, and multiple individuals, can be measured in decades. Not many of the things they're seeking to hang on Trump has been dismissed.

Trump is what? 75 now? If he runs again and wins, then he won't care what they try to stick to him after that.

Dismissed? He hasn't been indited. There is nothing to dismiss. You have to first stick something to him to have a chance to dismiss it. Some of the frivolous civil lawsuits haven't been dismissed, but nothing much will come of them except perhaps some money settlements.

Right now, Trump is free to run again in 2024 with the clock ticking on stopping him.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:54 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Trump is what? 75 now? If he runs again and wins, then he won't care what they try to stick to him after that.

Dismissed? He hasn't been indited. There is nothing to dismiss. You have to first stick something to him to have a chance to dismiss it. Some of the frivolous civil lawsuits haven't been dismissed, but nothing much will come of them except perhaps some money settlements.

Right now, Trump is free to run again in 2024 with the clock ticking on stopping him.

My point was that there's still a lot of charges in the works against Trump and/or his company. The State of Georgia is likely to charge him with several charges involving election interference. But you're right, he's not likely to spend any time behind bars or even have to sit in a witness chair. Personally, I don't care what he does or doesn't get convicted of. All I care about is keeping his big arse out of the oval office.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:31 pm

RiverDog wrote:My point was that there's still a lot of charges in the works against Trump and/or his company. The State of Georgia is likely to charge him with several charges involving election interference. But you're right, he's not likely to spend any time behind bars or even have to sit in a witness chair. Personally, I don't care what he does or doesn't get convicted of. All I care about is keeping his big arse out of the oval office.

I can't believe how much support he still has. My friends still expect him to run and win in 2024. They're ready to vote for him on a Trump-Desantis ticket. Trump-Desantis versus Biden-Harris. Those tickets make me want to move to Switzerland.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:20 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I can't believe how much support he (Trump) still has. My friends still expect him to run and win in 2024. They're ready to vote for him on a Trump-Desantis ticket. Trump-Desantis versus Biden-Harris. Those tickets make me want to move to Switzerland.

I'm actually not that bummed out about Biden-Harris. Are they my preferred ticket? Absolutely not! But after 4 years of Trump, my tolerance level for Democrats went up a whole bunch.

Trump does still have an amazing amount of support, more than I would have guessed. If the convention were held today, he'd win the nomination easily. But there are signs that his support is starting to wane. The Twitter ban is killing him. It's what propelled him in 2016 and he doesn't have near the voice and doesn't reach near the number of supporters he was able to in 2016. Plus he lost a lot of moderates and independents after the election.

We'll see how badly his farts stink in 2024.
RiverDog
Legacy

Next

Return to Off Topic