Adam Schefter

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Adam Schefter

Postby I-5 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Has he lost credibility? Did he ever have any credibility?

Long before the latest controversy he's going through with emailing a big story to Redskins team president Bruce Allen before publishing it, saying 'if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked...thanks Mr Editor', I thought he was a douche the way he handled the situation with Aaron Rodgers over the offseason, not to mention Russell. For a reporter, he seems to be in the news too much himself with his decision-making.
I-5
Legacy

Re: Adam Schefter

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:01 pm

I-5 wrote:Has he lost credibility? Did he ever have any credibility?

Long before the latest controversy he's going through with emailing a big story to Redskins team president Bruce Allen before publishing it, saying 'if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked...thanks Mr Editor', I thought he was a douche the way he handled the situation with Aaron Rodgers over the offseason, not to mention Russell. For a reporter, he seems to be in the news too much himself with his decision-making.

Yeah, news reporters should be like umpires or referees, a big part of the game but neutral, silent, and in the background. This story reminds me somewhat of Katy Couric's concealing SCOTUS Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's remarks about the national anthem kneeling as being "dumb and disrespectful" among other things. I wonder how much of this crap goes on within the 5th estate.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:12 pm

I must be out of the loop, I have no idea what y'all are talking about.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I must be out of the loop, I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

One of the items revealed in the WFT probe was Adam Schefter sending an email to Bruce Allen asking for corrections to Schefter's story before
going public with it.

One can look at it two ways - either he's trying to verify the accuracy of the story or he has a bias with his apparent friendship with Allen.
I'm assuming that being on friendly terms with both players and mgmt gets you better access, and over time some friendships can occur.
Whether or not it affects the accuracy or impact of a story would be difficult to tell unless it's completely overboard.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 am

Thanks for the clue.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Off Topic