Kyle Rittenhouse

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:45 pm

Not sure where the slander is . You and I know enough that the jury doesn’t because of a judge he should have had some penalty. I don’t know if it was a prosecutorial overreach without lesser alternatives but this sends a horrible signal to a lot of unstable heavily armed people . Weird how in a nation founded on protest suddenly there not OK if it’s a bunch of N word protesters .
I’ll give let’s go Brandon a plug. He got a mike stuck in his face an hour out of anesthesia by a reporter asking him if he still stands by his statement that this tragedy was the result of white supremacists . He said “ our jury system has spoken and we must respect it “ for once reminding us why he’s president . Imagine Trump as president with an opposite verdict .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I’ll give let’s go Brandon a plug. He got a mike stuck in his face an hour out of anesthesia by a reporter asking him if he still stands by his statement that this tragedy was the result of white supremacists . He said “ our jury system has spoken and we must respect it “ for once reminding us why he’s president . Imagine Trump as president with an opposite verdict .

Agreed 100%. Trump was sounding off about everything, whether it be Kaepernick's kneeling or calling a war hero like John McCain a loser. Say what you want about Biden, at least he respects the office and understands the moral role of the POTUS.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Not sure where the slander is . You and I know enough that the jury doesn’t because of a judge he should have had some penalty. I don’t know if it was a prosecutorial overreach without lesser alternatives but this sends a horrible signal to a lot of unstable heavily armed people . Weird how in a nation founded on protest suddenly there not OK if it’s a bunch of N word protesters .
I’ll give let’s go Brandon a plug. He got a mike stuck in his face an hour out of anesthesia by a reporter asking him if he still stands by his statement that this tragedy was the result of white supremacists . He said “ our jury system has spoken and we must respect it “ for once reminding us why he’s president . Imagine Trump as president with an opposite verdict .

What are you talking about? All three of the people shot were of European descent meaning white. Where are you getting this stuff in your head where you conveniently ignore important facts like these people were white?

I'll reiterate again as I know Riverdog always seems to ignore these questions for some reason, probably because he doesn't like he ugly truth it represents: When is the last time you saw America care about the deaths of anyone other than a person of African descent?

Here is hawktawk trying to give Joe Biden credit, when in reality he would probably be trying to force a new trial if the victims were of African descent as the Democrats did with the Rodney King trial and would have done if the Chauvin trial had returned a verdict they didn't like. But it's three males of European descent aka white, so we must stand by our jury system and respect it.

And this after Biden posted the photo on his twitter account apparently linking Rittenhouse to White Supremacist which the left just ate up.

Then you have curmudgeon assuming he's going to get rich by suing the media who slandered Rittenhouse without realizing that even if Rittenhouse gets a lot of money, he can be sued in a Civil Trial for all that money for killing the victims which likely won't go the way his self-defense trial goes. It's like what happened to O.J. Simpson where he was acquitted, but the Civil Trials ate up his cash.

This thing is likely far from over.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 pm

They weren’t victims. They were assailants.
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:18 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'll reiterate again as I know Riverdog always seems to ignore these questions for some reason, probably because he doesn't like he ugly truth it represents: When is the last time you saw America care about the deaths of anyone other than a person of African descent?

I'm not sure what I've done to deserve being called out as ignoring questions as I think I've answered all that have been posed to me in this forum.

As far as America caring about the deaths of anyone besides African Americans, I tend to agree with the premise. There are unjustified police shootings of non African Americans that go unreported by the media because they're not as sensational as a black victim. We had one here in the Tri Cities just a few months ago:

A panel of five county prosecutors in the state will review the police shooting of a Richland man along the bypass highway. Charlie J. Suarez, 32, was wounded in February on the walking path next to Highway 240 after he ran from Richland police Officer Christian Jabri. Few details were released about the actual shooting by the 7-year veteran officer. And Suarez was never charged with a crime.

Read more at: https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/loc ... rylink=cpy

Aseahawkfan wrote:Here is hawktawk trying to give Joe Biden credit, when in reality he would probably be trying to force a new trial if the victims were of African descent as the Democrats did with the Rodney King trial and would have done if the Chauvin trial had returned a verdict they didn't like. But it's three males of European descent aka white, so we must stand by our jury system and respect it.

And this after Biden posted the photo on his twitter account apparently linking Rittenhouse to White Supremacist which the left just ate up.

I agree that Biden should have never opened his yapper about Rittenhouse being a white supremist. I guess Trump isn't the only politician that can't keep his cake hole shut.

But nevertheless, I agree with Hawktalk regarding Biden's post trial remarks.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Then you have curmudgeon assuming he's going to get rich by suing the media who slandered Rittenhouse without realizing that even if Rittenhouse gets a lot of money, he can be sued in a Civil Trial for all that money for killing the victims which likely won't go the way his self-defense trial goes. It's like what happened to O.J. Simpson where he was acquitted, but the Civil Trials ate up his cash.

Rittenhouse isn't going to have to worry about money. The Skinheads raised $2 million just for his defense in the criminal trial. He's the dream poster boy for their movement.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 pm

The Skinheads raised $2 million just for his defense in the criminal trial.

By skinheads, do you mean mainstream republicans? I don't think his supporters are that fringe.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:48 pm

curmudgeon wrote:They weren’t victims. They were assailants.

We'll see what happens in the Civil trials where the evidence standards and the like differ greatly. Far easier to prove civil damages than a crime in America. Everyone has to make their money off this kid before this all gets put to rest.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:02 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm not sure what I've done to deserve being called out as ignoring questions as I think I've answered all that have been posed to me in this forum.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you tend to avoid the truth of how racist the left wing media is towards people. They tend to exploit minority communities by drumming up fear towards whites and tried to do that with Asian people recently who are not as responsive to that type of garbage.

Left wing media maintains power by painting white people as racist against everyone else, ignoring racist acts between other groups such as those of Asian and African descent, and painting this nation one way to hold power.

Left wing media isn't any more truthful than Fox News, yet get a big old pass from left wing supporters. To left wingers and Democrats, if you're not using racial epithets then you're not viewed as racist even when you're basically engaging in race baiting and trying to drum up conflict between the groups on a near constant basis to keep the minority vote.

It's not right what the Democrats do in regards to race or their media arm. Even today reading the comments from Democrat politicians, it was all about race and how Rittenhouse was some kind of poster boy for White Supremacy and the judicial system letting people off even though none of the people killed were a minority and Rittenhouse is a 17 year old kid who had no history of supporting white supremacy.

It's disgusting how much the left wing is going out of their way to pit this as race vs. race. It's irresponsible, terrible leadership, and outright bad governance for this nation.

Rittenhouse isn't going to have to worry about money. The Skinheads raised $2 million just for his defense in the criminal trial. He's the dream poster boy for their movement.

I hope the kid doesn't take that money and stays out of this garbage race game they're trying to drag him into.

Not everyone who wants to protect their country and stop looting and vandalism is some White Supremacist.

This race baiting BS isn't going to lead us anywhere good. I haven't seen anything indicating he is receiving money from the Skinheads.

At some point Americans are going to have to stop this media race baiting or it's going to have very bad outcomes. I know for certain most white males I know don't have any interest in some violent conflict to assert some perceived loss of power. It's all just media created BS on both sides. Most people are doing their best to survive day to day, week to week and aren't much interested in some massive racial conflict like is being sold by these media arms. It has to be stopped as it's just fueling unnecessary conflict and miscommunication in this nation.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:50 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but you tend to avoid the truth of how racist the left wing media is towards people. They tend to exploit minority communities by drumming up fear towards whites and tried to do that with Asian people recently who are not as responsive to that type of garbage.

Left wing media maintains power by painting white people as racist against everyone else, ignoring racist acts between other groups such as those of Asian and African descent, and painting this nation one way to hold power.

Left wing media isn't any more truthful than Fox News, yet get a big old pass from left wing supporters. To left wingers and Democrats, if you're not using racial epithets then you're not viewed as racist even when you're basically engaging in race baiting and trying to drum up conflict between the groups on a near constant basis to keep the minority vote.

It's not right what the Democrats do in regards to race or their media arm. Even today reading the comments from Democrat politicians, it was all about race and how Rittenhouse was some kind of poster boy for White Supremacy and the judicial system letting people off even though none of the people killed were a minority and Rittenhouse is a 17 year old kid who had no history of supporting white supremacy.

It's disgusting how much the left wing is going out of their way to pit this as race vs. race. It's irresponsible, terrible leadership, and outright bad governance for this nation.

I agree with that to some degree. The left does have the tendency to put us into little groups and play one against the other. The Native American mascots controversy is a prime example. Even though every poll I've ever seen done shows that NA's by a wide margin aren't offended by the term "Redskins", the left drums it up as an issue so they can use it as a political weapon. It was not a grass roots initiative raised by NA's.

However, the far right's brand of racism is much more dangerous and destructive to our society. It's not driven by politics as the left's brand is, it's driven by racial hatred and deep seated biases. If I could only eliminate one brand of racism, it would be the far right's.

RiverDog wrote:Rittenhouse isn't going to have to worry about money. The Skinheads raised $2 million just for his defense in the criminal trial. He's the dream poster boy for their movement.

Aseahawkfan wrote:I hope the kid doesn't take that money and stays out of this garbage race game they're trying to drag him into.

Not everyone who wants to protect their country and stop looting and vandalism is some White Supremacist.

This race baiting BS isn't going to lead us anywhere good. I haven't seen anything indicating he is receiving money from the Skinheads.

At some point Americans are going to have to stop this media race baiting or it's going to have very bad outcomes. I know for certain most white males I know don't have any interest in some violent conflict to assert some perceived loss of power. It's all just media created BS on both sides. Most people are doing their best to survive day to day, week to week and aren't much interested in some massive racial conflict like is being sold by these media arms. It has to be stopped as it's just fueling unnecessary conflict and miscommunication in this nation.

Rittenhouse is a celebrity now, and he can use his fame in several different ways. He can either use it as a wake up call, consider it dodging a bullet (literally and figuratively), and 'come to Jesus', for the lack of a better term, or he can embrace the white supremist tag and become a leader of their cause. Either way, he can parlay his newfound fame into money.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:What are you talking about? All three of the people shot were of European descent meaning white. Where are you getting this stuff in your head where you conveniently ignore important facts like these people were white?

I'll reiterate again as I know Riverdog always seems to ignore these questions for some reason, probably because he doesn't like he ugly truth it represents: When is the last time you saw America care about the deaths of anyone other than a person of African descent?

Here is hawktawk trying to give Joe Biden credit, when in reality he would probably be trying to force a new trial if the victims were of African descent as the Democrats did with the Rodney King trial and would have done if the Chauvin trial had returned a verdict they didn't like. But it's three males of European descent aka white, so we must stand by our jury system and respect it.

Then you have curmudgeon assuming he's going to get rich by suing the media who slandered Rittenhouse without realizing that even if Rittenhouse gets a lot of money, he can be sued in a Civil Trial for all that money for killing the victims which likely won't go the way his self-defense trial goes. It's like what happened to O.J. Simpson where he was acquitted, but the Civil Trials ate up his cash.

As far as what Biden said what a president says matters. He was calming and non divisive or inflammatory And Rittenhouse IS linked to white supremacists. On tape in pictures. Its not a crime obviously.

And you know GD well how Trump handled everything like this. From Floyd to Blake to the utterly chilling fascist walk across Lafayette square with the sec of defense, AG, chairman of joint chiefs etc. to hold up a bible. Calming statement? naw he didn't say a word. Prior to that the square was "cleared" by stormtroopers with batons , shields, tear gas and rubber bullets literally smashing people with signs in their hands to the ground and trampling them then arresting 400 of them for merely being in the way of a stupid fascist walk and a photo of Cheeto retard with a bible.

Kind of makes Antifas point. Calm down N word. Go home. White nationalists patrol the streets with ARs flying Trump 2020 signs, now 24. Ive seen footage of police cruisers driving past peaceful protests and hanging out the window and spraying tear gas on an entire line of them. I've seen footage of proud boys and oath keepers with lifted chevy 4x4s driving right through crowds of protesters with tear gas CANNONS, bumping into them as police stand and watch and some cheer, again the trump flags.

As for Kenosha I'm well up to speed on the case. Jacob Blakes ex wife called the police and said she would like them to make Blake LEAVE HER HOUSE. There had been no physical altercation . just arguing and he had physical custody of a young child that was in the car.
I've seen the footage. Blake is obviously angry as any ex is when fighting with the ex. He starts powerwalking from the steps directly to the car. Looks like a guy that was gonna do exactly what the ex wanted which was leave. He wasn't under arrest. When he opened the door a police officer grabbed the back of his shirt and then immediately shot him 7 times in the back and side. As Blake said at the time "why did you shoot me so many times?". I kind of agree. Yeah I know cops aren't supposed to let you in your car and so the cop was cleared of any wrongdoing even though he discharged 7 rounds into a car with a little kid inside. But he was kind of a trigger happy fraidy cat like a guy who just got acquitted. If that's the standard for misconduct in Wisconsin I can see how Rittenhouse was cleared.

But then its the same repetitive pattern every time a black man gets shot by police. Overwhelmingly peaceful protest then it gets dark then the BLM fringe and Antifa take to the streets. They are primarily white people stirring up trouble and supporting the fringe black rioters. And oath keepers and proud boys and every low IQ redneck white nationalist/supremacist group is there , egging people on , stirring up Sh@t, swingin baseball bats. They are part of the problem as Rittenhouse clearly demonstrated,
His victims were not sympathetic figures, POS actually. But it shouldn't be a death sentence at the hands of a 17 year old punk with a gun. Its what it is. Net result. Nothing changes. Police departments exonerate themselves and nothing changes. Minneapolis where George Floyd was killed by a cop is clearly a PD in need of serious reform when a guy like that with 18 complaints including smashing a 17 year old black kid so hard in the face he broke bones and then knelt on the kids neck for 17 minutes is training officers in their first week. Yes he went to prison but that's a culture there among thousands of officers, not the one bad apple theory. Its more like one bad apple spoils the whole barrel eventually .

But again BLM and the far left with their tinfoil hats pushed to defund the police rather than common sense community action, training in de escalation that nothing happened. Floyds killer are in jail and that was it, no reform. BLM and Antifa overreach all the time. Probably wouldnt make any difference cause nothing is gonna change.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Hawktawk,

That is not what happened with Jacob Blake. Yes the police were called because Blake had taken his ex-girlfriend's car keys, refused to give them back and refused to leave. He also had a warrant out for his arrest for third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct. The sexual assault charge came from him allegedly walking into his ex's room with one of the children there, sticking his fingers in her vagina, and pulling them out and smelling them stating she smelled like she had been with other men.

The officers did in fact attempt to arrest him as they were aware of the warrant. Blake resisted several attempts at subduing him, all of which where non lethal. He literally physically fought with them. By the time Blake reached for his front door, it was after multiple attempts to subdue and arrest him by non lethal means had been made, so I'm not sure where you are getting he wasn't under arrest. He resisted violently several times before he was shot.

Yes, the riots were garbage situations. I lay this at the feet of local governance not taking steps to stamp out and stop the violence and destruction. That played a part in these people thinking they needed to show up and defend property. The fact that the rioters were destroying property and were armed, it's no surprise their opposition showed up armed as well.

And a read a little about the 17 year old you're talking about. Police were called because he was having a domestic dispute with his mother; getting physical with her. He was also over 6' tall and 240 lbs. Was it handled right? The case could definitely be made it wasn't, but a 240 lb 17-year could be difficult to deal with and we don't know all the facts of what happened there.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Hawktawk wrote:As far as what Biden said what a president says matters. He was calming and non divisive or inflammatory And Rittenhouse IS linked to white supremacists. On tape in pictures. Its not a crime obviously.

And you know GD well how Trump handled everything like this. From Floyd to Blake to the utterly chilling fascist walk across Lafayette square with the sec of defense, AG, chairman of joint chiefs etc. to hold up a bible. Calming statement? naw he didn't say a word. Prior to that the square was "cleared" by stormtroopers with batons , shields, tear gas and rubber bullets literally smashing people with signs in their hands to the ground and trampling them then arresting 400 of them for merely being in the way of a stupid fascist walk and a photo of Cheeto retard with a bible.

Kind of makes Antifas point. Calm down N word. Go home. White nationalists patrol the streets with ARs flying Trump 2020 signs, now 24. Ive seen footage of police cruisers driving past peaceful protests and hanging out the window and spraying tear gas on an entire line of them. I've seen footage of proud boys and oath keepers with lifted chevy 4x4s driving right through crowds of protesters with tear gas CANNONS, bumping into them as police stand and watch and some cheer, again the trump flags.

As for Kenosha I'm well up to speed on the case. Jacob Blakes ex wife called the police and said she would like them to make Blake LEAVE HER HOUSE. There had been no physical altercation . just arguing and he had physical custody of a young child that was in the car.
I've seen the footage. Blake is obviously angry as any ex is when fighting with the ex. He starts powerwalking from the steps directly to the car. Looks like a guy that was gonna do exactly what the ex wanted which was leave. He wasn't under arrest. When he opened the door a police officer grabbed the back of his shirt and then immediately shot him 7 times in the back and side. As Blake said at the time "why did you shoot me so many times?". I kind of agree. Yeah I know cops aren't supposed to let you in your car and so the cop was cleared of any wrongdoing even though he discharged 7 rounds into a car with a little kid inside. But he was kind of a trigger happy fraidy cat like a guy who just got acquitted. If that's the standard for misconduct in Wisconsin I can see how Rittenhouse was cleared.

But then its the same repetitive pattern every time a black man gets shot by police. Overwhelmingly peaceful protest then it gets dark then the BLM fringe and Antifa take to the streets. They are primarily white people stirring up trouble and supporting the fringe black rioters. And oath keepers and proud boys and every low IQ redneck white nationalist/supremacist group is there , egging people on , stirring up Sh@t, swingin baseball bats. They are part of the problem as Rittenhouse clearly demonstrated,
His victims were not sympathetic figures, POS actually. But it shouldn't be a death sentence at the hands of a 17 year old punk with a gun. Its what it is. Net result. Nothing changes. Police departments exonerate themselves and nothing changes. Minneapolis where George Floyd was killed by a cop is clearly a PD in need of serious reform when a guy like that with 18 complaints including smashing a 17 year old black kid so hard in the face he broke bones and then knelt on the kids neck for 17 minutes is training officers in their first week. Yes he went to prison but that's a culture there among thousands of officers, not the one bad apple theory. Its more like one bad apple spoils the whole barrel eventually .

But again BLM and the far left with their tinfoil hats pushed to defund the police rather than common sense community action, training in de escalation that nothing happened. Floyds killer are in jail and that was it, no reform. BLM and Antifa overreach all the time. Probably wouldnt make any difference cause nothing is gonna change.

A cop called to the scene based on a warrant has to do his job. They tried physical force. The tried to tase him. They told him to stand down at gun point. He ignored them an went to his car forcing the cop's hand. He had a warrant for his arrest.

Now here you are making the same excuses against the cop. That is BS. If you were a cop, and you had tried to physically restrain the man, tased him, and then pulled your gun ordering him to stop, when he ignores you put him down.

All you did was watch the footage the police released. You did not read the whole story where he had a warrant for his arrest. Where he physically fought them off and did not go down when tased, which is why the police pulled their guns.

Glad you are ignoring those other parts to fit your narrative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jacob_Blake

Read the case again. Jacob Blake acted like a complete jackass. What standard of behavior do you have for citizens? You want the cops to act right, but why not the citizens? Explain to me why the Democrats and left wing have no standard of behavior for citizens, only a desire to pillory cops.

Read it again and you tell me the officers didn't do everything they could to avoid shooting Blake. Sorry cops are not supermen like the movies and they can't always beat the person they are trying to physically restrain.

Stop spreading this BS. Jacob Blake was in the wrong. He ended up shot because he put a police officer in a bad situation. These tired ass leftists and Democrats have no standards of behavior expected of citizens because all they are focused on is race baiting and selling the White Supremacy narrative rather than the truth that Jacob Blake acted in violent and combative fashion with a group of police officers who did their best to restrain him nonviolently, but were unable to and took the more extreme measure.
Last edited by Aseahawkfan on Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:I agree with that to some degree. The left does have the tendency to put us into little groups and play one against the other. The Native American mascots controversy is a prime example. Even though every poll I've ever seen done shows that NA's by a wide margin aren't offended by the term "Redskins", the left drums it up as an issue so they can use it as a political weapon. It was not a grass roots initiative raised by NA's.

However, the far right's brand of racism is much more dangerous and destructive to our society. It's not driven by politics as the left's brand is, it's driven by racial hatred and deep seated biases. If I could only eliminate one brand of racism, it would be the far right's.

The far right is reacting off the left. The far right and their racist trash was losing traction for decades. The Republicans are not interested in returning to some segregated, racist America. Even McConnell who is viewed as a far right Republican is married to a woman of Chinese descent.

The left makes ludicrous claims like all white people are racist. The left lumps all white people in the same group including this Rittenhouse kid or anyone that voted for Trump.

How exactly do you move ahead when it is so apparent that the left derives power from convincing minorities they are victims preyed upon by white males? They sell women on this. They sell minorities on this. They create the divisiveness that allows the right to frame the white man as being under assault. Even now look at the Rittenhouse verdict, it's all about white supremacy and the system that is unjust towards minorities even though all three of the people shot were white. If Rittenhouse was some kind White Supremacist, why didn't he go looking to kill some minorities like the psychopath at the Walmart in El Paso, Texas?

As you've grown up, how many white men do you know sit around their house all day planning the demise and downfall of minorities? Really, I want to know how many you have known throughout your life growing up in Eastern Washington who even spend much time interacting with much less planning to harm or bring about the downfall of minorities as the left sells it?

I know almost no one. I've met maybe one or two scum that were truly racist. Most of the people I know either have little to no experience interacting with minorities, but have no real beef with them. The majority of their time is spent working and trying to survive day to day because contrary to popular belief by the left being a white man doesn't mean you get handed a million dollars upon turning 21 and get to live easy and high on the hog for the rest of your life.

All the people I know work and grind for decades to survive. They go through the ups and downs of the economy. They are far too busy raising their kids and dealing with the issues in their own life to engage in some vast racial conspiracy to bring about the downfall of minority people. And two of my buddies are married to women from other countries that are not European ancestry.

So why is the left selling this narrative that white males are somehow united as some group against them? Or the justice system as a whole? They spend all this time writing papers and focusing on race because they derive power from it and must convince us all that race is the primary driving factor in America or they lose their power and control over minority groups which they are slowly doing because people are finally starting to wake up to the reality that you can't be a victim forever. That path is a path to nowhere and nothing.

The left keeps on selling that trash. It's super tiresome, completely false, and a narrative stuck in the 1950s which they're trying to sell us that we still live in today, which we don't.

Most people want a standard of behavior for both cops and citizens that must be adhered to regardless of your skin color or what not. The left and right wing media just play off each other pushing these racial narratives that are harmful to this nation, not accurate, and just generally leading us down a bad, bad path.

All white cops are not racist, evil people waiting to harm some minority. That narrative needs to get put down and real investigations need to be done absent this racial crap. If you're already biased to one side or the other, you are not making rational decisions in the investigation, you're just picking a side regardless of how either individual acts. That is garbage.

This country needs new leadership. These politicians are trapped in the past and trying to push us into unnecessary, fear driven conflicts that are leading nowhere good.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:56 am

RiverDog wrote:I agree with that to some degree. The left does have the tendency to put us into little groups and play one against the other. The Native American mascots controversy is a prime example. Even though every poll I've ever seen done shows that NA's by a wide margin aren't offended by the term "Redskins", the left drums it up as an issue so they can use it as a political weapon. It was not a grass roots initiative raised by NA's.

Aseahawkfan wrote:As you've grown up, how many white men do you know sit around their house all day planning the demise and downfall of minorities? Really, I want to know how many you have known throughout your life growing up in Eastern Washington who even spend much time interacting with much less planning to harm or bring about the downfall of minorities as the left sells it?

Actively planning? None. But I know a lot of people that might join a movement to return the country to a segregated society and/or deport immigrants back to their country of origin if it were a viable group. Even Idahawkman advocated deporting the DACA kids to their country of origin. But I think that most of those that harbor deeply racist viewpoints see white supremacy a fringe movement that's not socially acceptable and would be embarrassed of the label should it ever be applied to them. My dad had very racist views but he hated the Ku Klux Klan. It's kinda like what Sammy Davis Jr. said about Archie Bunker: That he'd never burn a cross in front of a black man's house, but if he saw one burning, he'd go toast a marshmallow on it.

A lot of people I know have genuine relationships with other minorities, work shoulder to shoulder with them, yet they don't like the group as a whole. It's sort of like despising Congress but liking your individual Congressman.

Aseahawkfan wrote:I know almost no one. I've met maybe one or two scum that were truly racist. Most of the people I know either have little to no experience interacting with minorities, but have no real beef with them. The majority of their time is spent working and trying to survive day to day because contrary to popular belief by the left being a white man doesn't mean you get handed a million dollars upon turning 21 and get to live easy and high on the hog for the rest of your life.

All the people I know work and grind for decades to survive. They go through the ups and downs of the economy. They are far too busy raising their kids and dealing with the issues in their own life to engage in some vast racial conspiracy to bring about the downfall of minority people. And two of my buddies are married to women from other countries that are not European ancestry.

IMO a lot of people dislike minorities as it helps them rationalize their own failings. I've worked with people that, at least in their own eyes, are more qualified than a female or minority and get bypassed for a promotion. Rather than admitting to their faults, its more convenient for them to blame someone else, protect their ego. They'll complain about immigrants "taking our jobs" even when they are faced with the fact that there's no shortage of job openings. We have a neighbor that blames every problem from the national debt to the common cold on illegal aliens. It's impossible to rationalize with her because she'll never change her POV.

Aseahawkfan wrote:So why is the left selling this narrative that white males are somehow united as some group against them? Or the justice system as a whole? They spend all this time writing papers and focusing on race because they derive power from it and must convince us all that race is the primary driving factor in America or they lose their power and control over minority groups which they are slowly doing because people are finally starting to wake up to the reality that you can't be a victim forever. That path is a path to nowhere and nothing.

The left keeps on selling that trash. It's super tiresome, completely false, and a narrative stuck in the 1950s which they're trying to sell us that we still live in today, which we don't.

Most people want a standard of behavior for both cops and citizens that must be adhered to regardless of your skin color or what not. The left and right wing media just play off each other pushing these racial narratives that are harmful to this nation, not accurate, and just generally leading us down a bad, bad path.

All white cops are not racist, evil people waiting to harm some minority. That narrative needs to get put down and real investigations need to be done absent this racial crap. If you're already biased to one side or the other, you are not making rational decisions in the investigation, you're just picking a side regardless of how either individual acts. That is garbage.

This country needs new leadership. These politicians are trapped in the past and trying to push us into unnecessary, fear driven conflicts that are leading nowhere good.

Politicians on both ends of the spectrum are guilty of over dramatizing an issue for their own political gain. They don't want the issue solved as it's valuable to them as a political weapon, a means to rally their base and give them a motivation to get their asses to the polls.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 am

Actively planning? None. But I know a lot of people that might join a movement to return the country to a segregated society and/or deport immigrants back to their country of origin if it were a viable group

Seems it’s not the”Right” promoting the segregation garbage. It’s been happening at Universities for quite some time….

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEmLdgPVIAU_ckA?format=jpg&name=large
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:29 am

[quote="curmudgeon"][quote] Actively planning? None. But I know a lot of people that might join a movement to return the country to a segregated society and/or deport immigrants back to their country of origin if it were a viable group

Seems it’s not the”Right” promoting the segregation garbage. It’s been happening at Universities for quite some time….

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEmLdgPVIAU_ckA?format=jpg&name=large[

The universities have become a scat show of "feelings and fear of offending someone" instead of institutions of discovery of other points of view.
So much for a liberal education in today's world...
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:02 am

There’s plenty of latent racism in this country . It will always be there but it’s also reverse racism now. Everyone overreaches. My apologies on not knowing all the facts of the Blake shooting . The clip I see he appears to be walking towards the car without anyone restraining him even though there appeared to be quite a few cops there . He tried to get in and got 7 slugs . I am aware a police officer has that right if a subject attempts to enter their vehicle but it’s still their call. And having seen the clip I saw it’s not surprising or unreasonable for blacks to be angry . Having never been one and only knowing a few my whole life I’m done trying to figure out how they should act . I saw a Spokane county Sherrif in downtown disarm a mentally ill man with a rifle . The police exercised great restraint and at some point the Sherrif charged the man from 50 feet away and tackled him . He was white for what that’s worth . As I’ve pointed out had Rittenhouse been black he would never have survived long enough to surrender imo .

So Blake is another POS. It doesn’t matter . Cops are in charge of the glock on their hip . Some are better than others .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 pm

RiverDog wrote:Actively planning? None. But I know a lot of people that might join a movement to return the country to a segregated society and/or deport immigrants back to their country of origin if it were a viable group. Even Idahawkman advocated deporting the DACA kids to their country of origin. But I think that most of those that harbor deeply racist viewpoints see white supremacy a fringe movement that's not socially acceptable and would be embarrassed of the label should it ever be applied to them. My dad had very racist views but he hated the Ku Klux Klan. It's kinda like what Sammy Davis Jr. said about Archie Bunker: That he'd never burn a cross in front of a black man's house, but if he saw one burning, he'd go toast a marshmallow on it.

A lot of people I know have genuine relationships with other minorities, work shoulder to shoulder with them, yet they don't like the group as a whole. It's sort of like despising Congress but liking your individual Congressman.

I know very few people like that. Most of the people I know simply don't think about minority situations much. The only time they might comment is when the news is selling some race angle on the television making them in the bad guy which exasperates them as they are reaching the point of being tired of being viewed as the bad guy in the country in which they live and having their kids automatically labeled as the bad guy as well by virtue of their race.

See the pattern? It's racism and branding of someone as a particular way based on their skin color.

IMO a lot of people dislike minorities as it helps them rationalize their own failings. I've worked with people that, at least in their own eyes, are more qualified than a female or minority and get bypassed for a promotion. Rather than admitting to their faults, its more convenient for them to blame someone else, protect their ego. They'll complain about immigrants "taking our jobs" even when they are faced with the fact that there's no shortage of job openings. We have a neighbor that blames every problem from the national debt to the common cold on illegal aliens. It's impossible to rationalize with her because she'll never change her POV.

I don't see this much. Maybe it's because my particular group of friends has always been mixed company. A few of my friends are very into Asian culture and associate heavily with Asian people. It's never been a thing in my family or with many people I know. Then again I tend to actively avoid hanging out with racists and other such scummy people. I have no tolerance for such viewpoints from the left or right. I am not the Democrats victim. I'm not the guy who can't perform as well or better than my peers as far as Republicans go.

Politicians on both ends of the spectrum are guilty of over dramatizing an issue for their own political gain. They don't want the issue solved as it's valuable to them as a political weapon, a means to rally their base and give them a motivation to get their asses to the polls.

What are they offering us for a future? These two parties? Endlessly at each other's throats trapped in a race paradigm created hundreds of years go to justify the evil of slavery and colonialism? One side wanting to deny anything bad ever happened and the other wanting to pretend nothing has changed? I don't want much part in it. It's terrible how these two parties use race. Absolute garbage.

I thought you had a far bigger Latin population in Eastern Washington now. Are they really not getting along over there Latins and whites?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 pm

Hawktawk wrote:There’s plenty of latent racism in this country . It will always be there but it’s also reverse racism now. Everyone overreaches. My apologies on not knowing all the facts of the Blake shooting . The clip I see he appears to be walking towards the car without anyone restraining him even though there appeared to be quite a few cops there . He tried to get in and got 7 slugs . I am aware a police officer has that right if a subject attempts to enter their vehicle but it’s still their call. And having seen the clip I saw it’s not surprising or unreasonable for blacks to be angry . Having never been one and only knowing a few my whole life I’m done trying to figure out how they should act . I saw a Spokane county Sherrif in downtown disarm a mentally ill man with a rifle . The police exercised great restraint and at some point the Sherrif charged the man from 50 feet away and tackled him . He was white for what that’s worth . As I’ve pointed out had Rittenhouse been black he would never have survived long enough to surrender imo .

So Blake is another POS. It doesn’t matter . Cops are in charge of the glock on their hip . Some are better than others .

I don't mean to break your balls, Hawktawk. You seem to at least be trying to wake up from this trash that we've been sold for far too long by these two political parties. I don't blame you for your viewpoint. I ask, but I know where the training comes from. We were sold this skin color paradigm practically from birth in America. Various political interest gain power from keeping us arguing and fighting with each other pushing each group's fears about the other.

The reality they don't teach is whites were kept apart from minorities and kept from interacting because the evil leadership that pushed the racial agenda knew if these groups got to know each other, they would not be able to use one to oppress and harm the other because they would see they are not that different.

That's the point we need to reach where we know each other. We interact. We communicate. We don't let these political power groups use us against each other. No more counting votes by pushing fear and conflict. Leadership needs to create a vision of America where we can all prosper together and move forward past race and into the realization we live on a globe in the middle of space and need to live together and positively impact and improve each other for a better world with constant standards that we abide by not based on race.

That is what I push for. I don't want to live in a world where my skin color is somehow the defining characteristic of my existence and I have to pick a side based on it. That is a terrible future for America. That seems what these two parties want to sell.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 am

I agree with all of this. Ill give the Cheeto credit for making me think. Its interesting how polls show black's went republican in large numbers this last cycle. Maybe they are tired of the narrative of their poverty pimp puppet masters. Its being called the "sane Americans" vote. But then you have guys like Fla Congressman Matt Gaetz,rumored to have held wild cocaine parties, under investigation for relations with an underage girl and transporting her across state lines to commit the act offering Kyle Rittenhouse an internship. Both parties need to stuff a sock in the moth of their lunatics' fringe in this country. I'm just saying when it involves a bad cop and everyone hits the streets it seems in the end nothing changes. Have a great day Asea.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Now Rittenhouse is clearly stating he isn't a white supremacist, so I guess we'll see if the left continues to brand him as such since they brand anyone they disagree with a a racist, homophobe, militant, far right extremist, transphobic or the like. It's political attack 101 to brand the opposing viewpoint in some manner that will allow dismissal and vilification.

As far as I understood the Rittenhouse case, it had nothing to do with race and was all about standing up to looting, burning, and rioting which politicians were doing nothing about in their respective cities. Just letting it happen while making excuses for people who were using the protests as an excuse to vent rage, destroy property, loot, and pillage.

I think most even on the right understood most of the protesters were peaceful. But to say there wasn't an active minority using the protests as cover for much worse behavior is dishonest. Americans wanted someone to stand up to these scum looting, burning, attacking the police, and acting like complete jackasses and Rittenhouse became that guy for those Americans angry at a political establishment who refused to stop the criminals using the protests as cover and an excuse for vile, illegal, and garbage behavior.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Now Rittenhouse is clearly stating he isn't a white supremacist, so I guess we'll see if the left continues to brand him as such since they brand anyone they disagree with a a racist, homophobe, militant, far right extremist, transphobic or the like. It's political attack 101 to brand the opposing viewpoint in some manner that will allow dismissal and vilification.

As far as I understood the Rittenhouse case, it had nothing to do with race and was all about standing up to looting, burning, and rioting which politicians were doing nothing about in their respective cities. Just letting it happen while making excuses for people who were using the protests as an excuse to vent rage, destroy property, loot, and pillage.

I think most even on the right understood most of the protesters were peaceful. But to say there wasn't an active minority using the protests as cover for much worse behavior is dishonest. Americans wanted someone to stand up to these scum looting, burning, attacking the police, and acting like complete jackasses and Rittenhouse became that guy for those Americans angry at a political establishment who refused to stop the criminals using the protests as cover and an excuse for vile, illegal, and garbage behavior.

Yea, I saw Rittenhouse's statement about not being a white supremist. All I can say is that actions speak louder than words. We'll see what he does with his new found fame.

The fortunate thing about this trial is that it occurred in mid-November in a northern tier state. Most people are either working or in school and the weather is cold enough to where people aren't going to be as anxious to go outdoors and march for 6 or 8 blocks.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:37 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yea, I saw Rittenhouse's statement about not being a white supremist. All I can say is that actions speak louder than words. We'll see what he does with his new found fame.

The fortunate thing about this trial is that it occurred in mid-November in a northern tier state. Most people are either working or in school and the weather is cold enough to where people aren't going to be as anxious to go outdoors and march for 6 or 8 blocks.

You're trying to lump this kid in as some white supremacist as well?

Talk about an unwillingness to note that the looting and vandalism was out of hand. It should not have been allowed. The way the left handled the police was irresponsible, weak, and they absolutely took no responsibility for protecting their cities and areas of responsibility. It's reaching a point where people are getting tired of people thinking their right to protest means they have a right to destroy property, burn things down, and cause general mayhem, while local and state governments do nothing to stop it.

I can't believe you cant' see this given you watched this happen in Seattle.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:13 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yea, I saw Rittenhouse's statement about not being a white supremist. All I can say is that actions speak louder than words. We'll see what he does with his new found fame.

Aseahawkfan wrote:You're trying to lump this kid in as some white supremacist as well?

No. I don't know if he is or isn't. I simply don't put a whole lot of credence in his word.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Talk about an unwillingness to note that the looting and vandalism was out of hand. It should not have been allowed. The way the left handled the police was irresponsible, weak, and they absolutely took no responsibility for protecting their cities and areas of responsibility. It's reaching a point where people are getting tired of people thinking their right to protest means they have a right to destroy property, burn things down, and cause general mayhem, while local and state governments do nothing to stop it.

I can't believe you cant' see this given you watched this happen in Seattle.

I agree that in general, the liberal big city mayors and blue state governors have been extremely irresponsible in their management of the protests/riots. I don't know what it is that I said that gave you the impression that I was OK with it as I've been very outspoken about the 2020 riots. I just haven't followed it that closely in this situation enough for me to express an opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:03 pm

At a minimum Rittenhouse is tight with Proud boys , on film partying in a Kenosha bar with his mom and them flashing white power signs . It was such an egregious violation of his bail the judge warned him . But once the trial was on the way the same judge couldn’t get his lips off his @ss. As far as Rittenhouse doing the media tour he’s actually demanding an apology from Biden :D .

I have some advice for this little retard . Stfu and lay low . Every word you say makes you sound more ignorant . Keep your head on a swivel because some crazy might want to even the score for his lost Antifa buddy . Rittenhouses victims were not sympathetic figures but neither is he . He’s the luckiest little low iq pussy in the world .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Hawktawk wrote:At a minimum Rittenhouse is tight with Proud boys , on film partying in a Kenosha bar with his mom and them flashing white power signs . It was such an egregious violation of his bail the judge warned him . But once the trial was on the way the same judge couldn’t get his lips off his @ss. As far as Rittenhouse doing the media tour he’s actually demanding an apology from Biden :D .

I have some advice for this little retard . Stfu and lay low . Every word you say makes you sound more ignorant . Keep your head on a swivel because some crazy might want to even the score for his lost Antifa buddy . Rittenhouses victims were not sympathetic figures but neither is he . He’s the luckiest little low iq pussy in the world .

I'm certainly not sympathetic to him either, but my God, he's an 18 year old kid. Who's to say that he wasn't just eating up his celebrity status?

But I do agree with you that he should lay low. You're exactly right about the situation he's put himself in, that some crazy could decide to apply their own version of justice. Hide out and find someone to write a book for him so he can make millions and be set for the rest of his life.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Hawktawk wrote:At a minimum Rittenhouse is tight with Proud boys , on film partying in a Kenosha bar with his mom and them flashing white power signs . It was such an egregious violation of his bail the judge warned him . But once the trial was on the way the same judge couldn’t get his lips off his @ss. As far as Rittenhouse doing the media tour he’s actually demanding an apology from Biden :D .

90 minutes at a bar doesn't mean you're tight with the Proud Boys.

Even the left wing press doesn't fully refer to the Proud Boys as White Supremacists as that organization is more of a mish mash of right wing politics. They tried to brand them White Supremacists, but hard to do when their leader is Afro-Cuban and they allow any racial group in. But they also don't police the white supremacists who join them because they aren't a very unified group. Just a bunch of loose groups hopping on the name to gain notoriety. I have no idea why so many people act like these groups are seriously organized and have some kind of headquarters or unified viewpoint. They don't. Not on the left or right. There are a bunch of groups in various cities with various agendas glomming onto names like Proud Boys or Antifa, but these groups don't have any real central organization, leadership, or values.

What does that mean? You can't be tight with any of these organizations. Not on the left or right. Antifa isn't even real as an organization. The Proud Boys are nothing but a loose organization built up as more than it is by a left wing media looking for villains, same as the right wing does with Antifa. But really these groups grab a few individuals and engage in stupid behavior without any real central organizing body. It's disparate groups of people of varying values being lumped together to be the villain to the opposition.

I'm in Seattle. I work in a field that deals with various protest groups. Antifa is as much BS as the Proud Boys. The names just keep morphing. Oathkeepers, 1 percenters, Antifa, ISIS, Taliban, and all the crap that the media keeps selling us for these loose groups of loons that have no central organization. Just like in the 80s and 90s it was the right wing militias in places like Montana and Idaho.

We have never had a generation where the media didn't drum up some enemies from some loose organizational name that changes every 5 to 10 years or sooner.

They do this so they don't have to deal with real concerns like what did your sorry ass politicians do while rioters, vandals, and looters were using peaceful protests as cover for their scumbaggery while you were bagging on the police and trying to defund them?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:48 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm certainly not sympathetic to him either, but my God, he's an 18 year old kid. Who's to say that he wasn't just eating up his celebrity status?

But I do agree with you that he should lay low. You're exactly right about the situation he's put himself in, that some crazy could decide to apply their own version of justice. Hide out and find someone to write a book for him so he can make millions and be set for the rest of his life.

The reality the left wing doesn't want to accept while all these Democrats and left wingers lament the "injustice" is this kid wouldn't even have been noticed if they had done their jobs in the first place and backed up the police when the looting and vandalism started rather than expect Americans to tolerate lawless looting, rioting, burning, and vandalism under the guise of protests.

They don't want Kyle Rittenhouse's to pop up in various places, then they need to do their fricking job. Empower the police to protect property and lives with force and don't turn on them like the violent protesters get to dictate terms. American citizens do not get to take over city blocks, run the police out of precincts under threat of violence, or install their own laws using force of the mob. That is intolerable and a dereliction of duty by elected officials and those hired to protect our cities and people.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:52 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:The reality the left wing doesn't want to accept while all these Democrats and left wingers lament the "injustice" is this kid wouldn't even have been noticed if they had done their jobs in the first place and backed up the police when the looting and vandalism started rather than expect Americans to tolerate lawless looting, rioting, burning, and vandalism under the guise of protests.

They don't want Kyle Rittenhouse's to pop up in various places, then they need to do their fricking job. Empower the police to protect property and lives with force and don't turn on them like the violent protesters get to dictate terms. American citizens do not get to take over city blocks, run the police out of precincts under threat of violence, or install their own laws using force of the mob. That is intolerable and a dereliction of duty by elected officials and those hired to protect our cities and people.

I don't think we can make the assumption that Rittenhouse is a modern day Bernie Goetz. We don't know what it was that motivated him. He was 17 years old when he went on his spree, so I doubt that he had any years long frustration with crime and liberal politicians. He had purchased an assault weapon long before the riot. It could be that he was just looking for a place to carry out a fantasy of his.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:15 am

Spree? A spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind? The fact that he ran from his first encounter then continued to run doesn't suggest a spree. There are better ways to describe it.

I don't think it would take long years for someone to get fed up with it. Everything about the riots made me seethe at what they were doing and what leadership wasn't doing.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Spree? A spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind? The fact that he ran from his first encounter then continued to run doesn't suggest a spree. There are better ways to describe it.

I don't think it would take long years for someone to get fed up with it. Everything about the riots made me seethe at what they were doing and what leadership wasn't doing.

We can quibble over semantics, but killing 2 people and seriously injuring one qualifies as a spree in my book, but if you have a better term, then I'm all ears.

I tend to differ with you regarding the motivations of an adolescent teenager.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:00 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Even the left wing press doesn't fully refer to the Proud Boys as White Supremacists as that organization is more of a mish mash of right wing politics. They tried to brand them White Supremacists, but hard to do when their leader is Afro-Cuban and they allow any racial group in. But they also don't police the white supremacists who join them because they aren't a very unified group. Just a bunch of loose groups hopping on the name to gain notoriety. I have no idea why so many people act like these groups are seriously organized and have some kind of headquarters or unified viewpoint. They don't. Not on the left or right. There are a bunch of groups in various cities with various agendas glomming onto names like Proud Boys or Antifa, but these groups don't have any real central organization, leadership, or values.

What does that mean? You can't be tight with any of these organizations. Not on the left or right. Antifa isn't even real as an organization. The Proud Boys are nothing but a loose organization built up as more than it is by a left wing media looking for villains, same as the right wing does with Antifa. But really these groups grab a few individuals and engage in stupid behavior without any real central organizing body. It's disparate groups of people of varying values being lumped together to be the villain to the opposition.

I'm in Seattle. I work in a field that deals with various protest groups. Antifa is as much BS as the Proud Boys. The names just keep morphing. Oathkeepers, 1 percenters, Antifa, ISIS, Taliban, and all the crap that the media keeps selling us for these loose groups of loons that have no central organization. Just like in the 80s and 90s it was the right wing militias in places like Montana and Idaho.

We have never had a generation where the media didn't drum up some enemies from some loose organizational name that changes every 5 to 10 years or sooner.

They do this so they don't have to deal with real concerns like what did your sorry ass politicians do while rioters, vandals, and looters were using peaceful protests as cover for their scumbaggery while you were bagging on the police and trying to defund them?

Proud boys etc etc etc are white nationalists which is not a far stretch from white supremacists. They aren't anti riot. They are anti N word riot. Out in force with their WRs and their trumptard flags every time police shoot a black man, rightly or wrongly.

The riot on Jan 6 to overturn our elections? they were leading it. Zero credibility. If this little murderer wants to split hairs and demand apologies when he's hanging out with people like this he's looking like a bigger fool all the time. Apparently he was at Mara Lago yesterday unless trump is such a starving attention Wh@re he made it up. Little right wing icon that got away with murdering at least one person and he is whining that he has had his character impugned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As for supporting rioters you keep talking like RD and I do and weve made clear we dont . We don't support looters. We dont support defending the police. YOU DONT ACNOWLEDGE PROBLEMS WITH POLICE THOUGH. Never.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:19 am

I suppose “concentration camp” and “active shooter” are also matters of semantics. It comes across, to me, as a means to further support a preferred narrative versus what actually happened. When we’ve had incredibly awful instances of actual sprees by active shooters a la Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland, Orlando, Vegas and others, I’m not particularly keen on using the same terminology for an event that isn’t remotely in the same ball park in order to evoke the same emotional response from those awful events. Same with the migrant detention being labeled concentration camps; not a term to be thrown around lightly after 13 million people were exterminated solely because they were deemed unworthy.

What I stated was the very definition of the word. Had he gone a spree, the body count would have been much higher. Incident, confrontation, even call it a shooting, but I don’t consider spree appropriate.

As for his motivation for showing up to the riots, mine is speculation just like yours. Perhaps it was a bit of both; a combination of young blood ready to roll out while also having a cause for it. It is very hard to prove he showed up solely so he could shoot someone.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:05 am

I'm trying to piece this happening together and may have my facts wrong, but is this what happened?

Rittenhouse gets possession of a firearm he's not allowed to purchase.
He travels a distance to what he thinks is a disturbance with that gun.
He enters the disturbance and gets into some type of confrontation and kills 2 people and wounds another.
He then pleads self defense.

Doesn't anyone see something wrong with this?
Isn't he in some way responsible for putting himself in danger so he has to fire his gun?
Within the realm of the justice system, it may well be a correct verdict, but doesn't it strike you as there being something wrong with the laws that don't include the responsibility
to not put yourself into a position to injure or kill someone? It just seems to me that in a civil society a piece of the puzzle is missing in some form.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 am

He didn’t travel with the gun. Someone else had it waiting there for him. He shows up to the Carmax and arms himself and is there with several other like armed people there with the purported purpose to protect the local businesses from the protesters burning and looting. Yes, he shows up to an already dangerous situation and arms himself with a semi-automatic rifle.

I won’t get into the timeline of events or go over court evidence and testimony unless you desire that, so I’ll stick to your question. Yes, there is something wrong with it; I wouldn’t have been upset with a reckless endangerment charge. The game changer, in my mind is he showed up to an already dangerous situation that local and state leadership refused to diffuse. Everyone present who was either destroying property or carrying weapons would be equally culpable of reckless endangerment. Whether or not that had any bearing with jury, I don’t know, but that’s my speculation on why that charge and the others didn’t stick. That and they too may have been very much against what the protester were doing and were sympathetic. As much as if Rittenhouse hadn’t been armed and present with a semi-automatic rifle those people wouldn’t have been shot, had the protesters not turned to looting and destruction of property without so much as a Stop That from politicians, Rittenhouse and others like him may not have felt they needed to show up.

A case that a feel is along the same lines as this is the Arbery case. In that case, three men sought out confrontation and continued to pursue a fleeting unarmed man until he was exhausted. They didn’t enter a dangerous situation; they created it. It is a distinction I think is important to adjudicating the self defense claim in this case versus the Rittenhouse case.

Ultimately, no, people don’t need to show up and attempt to protect someone else’s property even in the face of looting and destruction, and, no, protesters should not be looting and destroying property unrestrained. This should be a wake up call to leaders to stamp this stuff out before it escalates to a Kenosha type ordeal.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:09 am

Imo Rittenhouse was possibly justified in shooting the first guy . After that 2 guys tried to apprehend an active shooter and got shot . Those 2 should have been on him . Had it not been a riot they might be considered hero’s . Rittenhouse is a dumb punk who had a straw buyer get him the gun . It was all about having an AR . I see the film of him walking with his hand on the trigger . He almost certainly had the safety off to get shots off like that . At an absolute minimum he should have faced assault or reckless homicide charges . It makes it all the more infuriating to see him as a right wing darling making a victory lap . You wanna know whose character was attacked ? 2 dead guys . One didn’t have much to defend but a 27 year old with a skateboard ? A guy out there with a medical kit ? The injured man could have easily killed Rittenhouse but showed restraint and was shot. I heard a pretty good analogy about this post morteim character assassination . How many felons died on 911? Does the fact they have committed crimes and paid their debt to society mean there’s no redemption or worth to their lives ? It’s ridiculous .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 am

That’s a crux of it, Hawktawk. For being an active shooter as you and others claim, he was actively trying to flee anymore confrontation after trying to flee the first confrontation; he also didn’t decide to shoot the first time until after he attempted to flee and was cornered and Rosenbaum attempted to take his rifle. In my mind, it doesn’t fit the active shooter narrative seen in the mass shootings in this country.

You’ll disagree with this, but as Rittenhouse was fleeing he was punched by one person, followed by being kicked by another, followed by getting hit in the head with a skate board by Huber, followed by Huber attempting to take his rifle. Huber then got shot. Grosskreutz with his pistol drawn approached Rittenhouse while Rittenhouse was on the ground. Rittenhouse had his rifle pointed at Grosskreutz; Grosskreutz raised his hands briefly, but then, instead of backing up, lowers his hands and points his weapon towards Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse then shoots Grosskreutz in the arm holding his pistol. If Kyle is this cold blooded murderer, why didn’t he just bury 3-4 rounds in Grosskreutz’s chest and end him too? Chest shots would have been far easier, but Rittenhouse instead disarmed Grosskreutz and finally removed himself from the situation.

It was a garbage situation all around, but the legalities of it aren’t a simple matter and it didn’t help that this one was tried in the public eye with big time political ramifications.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:11 am

He missed . I don’t buy he aimed at the arm . Dudes lucky he’s alive . Should have pulled the trigger first but a missing bicep is better than a big boyfriend named ramone in the pen the way the justice system works in that state . I never said he was an active shooter . I’m saying they thought he was . He’s a punk hiding behind a weapon of war that didn’t want to get his @ss kicked . A fraidy cat . Antifa has basically said they are going to arm themselves . The kid needs to take his gift acquittal and move on . Not like he’s not easy to recognize .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 am

So he missed a man’s chest at close range? Broadest target in the human body and in the one instance he had time to aim? I don’t know man; it’s an argument, for sure, but very hard to reconcile.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 am

This just in: The three defendants in the Arbery shooting were found guilty. No disagreement from me.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic