Trumps *America*

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Trumps *America*

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:18 am

The phrase "F@#k Joe Biden now modified to say Lets go Brandon is being chanted everywhere, sporting events, on airplanes, you name it. People are painting thousands of dollars in murals on their Chevy pickups. I guess the morons have nothing better to do or spend their money on.

But then the Pres goes to visit people who lost 100 lives and untold property, 7 children in one city block . And sure enough he gets out of his motorcade to this. And of course Faux news leads with 2 moron protesters who need punched in the mouth instead of the Presidents message.

Lets go Brandon. I get it trumpies. But in a natural disaster?
Welcome to Trumps America. The cult he created is never going away and its ruined America as much as any tinfoil hat wearing liberal ever did.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Trumps *America*

Postby I-5 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Do they think by chanting it that it hurts anyone’s feelings? I think it’s elementary schoolish and silly, and can’t believe they think it actually affects the POTUS in any way. He’s not a toddler like the previous guy.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:43 pm

I-5 wrote:Do they think by chanting it that it hurts anyone’s feelings? I think it’s elementary schools and silly, and can’t believe they think it actually affects the POTUS in any way. He’s not a toddler like the previous guy.

It makes them look like complete idiots but they already do. Trumps America. Make America trailer trash. I agree Biden doesn't let it affect him. I've heard his advisers want him to push back more forcefully but he wont do it. I wonder how lets go Brandon will play in 3 more years. here in Moses Lake a subcontractor hung a flag with the original uncensored message on a crane boom at the site of a new school being constructed. So awesome. Duuuuhhh
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Not surprised by this anymore. I don’t find the phrase all that clever, but the media didn’t help by trying to cover up what was actually said with a more palatable phrase. Definitely in poor taste to do it during a visit to a disaster area, but it’s hard to move the needle on me when I saw Facebook profile pictures of Donald Trump, a sitting President at the time, blowing his brains out. Not many batted an eye at stuff like that, so don’t expect the hard Trumpers to feel like they should hold back.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:59 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Not surprised by this anymore. I don’t find the phrase all that clever, but the media didn’t help by trying to cover up what was actually said with a more palatable phrase. Definitely in poor taste to do it during a visit to a disaster area, but it’s hard to move the needle on me when I saw Facebook profile pictures of Donald Trump, a sitting President at the time, blowing his brains out. Not many batted an eye at stuff like that, so don’t expect the hard Trumpers to feel like they should hold back.

I agree with Mack. Although I do get the impression that the MAGA folks are generally worse about this kind of stuff than their opponents, this crap is SOP for both political extremists.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:08 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Not surprised by this anymore. I don’t find the phrase all that clever, but the media didn’t help by trying to cover up what was actually said with a more palatable phrase. Definitely in poor taste to do it during a visit to a disaster area, but it’s hard to move the needle on me when I saw Facebook profile pictures of Donald Trump, a sitting President at the time, blowing his brains out. Not many batted an eye at stuff like that, so don’t expect the hard Trumpers to feel like they should hold back.

All that photoshopped stuff cuts both ways . And this is last guy stuff . He pulled the level of vulgarity and damage to the office to a new level and it’s never coming back . Just another way he made america great .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:23 pm

I don't think it's Trump's America. I think you have a lot of people watching a Democratic Party tearing at America in so many ways that it's become what they consider a fight for the soul of the country. Trump has taken all these concerns and provided a vision he can be the guy to build America back into the country they believe in. They don't care that Trump is a selfish, narcissistic man who mostly cares about himself.

We're at a point in American history where Democrats and Republicans can't even agree on what a female is. That's how polarized we are as a nation. I mean think about that. Did you ever in a million years think that we would reach a point where we did not agree on what a female is? I did not think that would occur, but that's where we're at.

As far as it being Trump's America, I think it's anyone's America who can sell people the vision of America they want to support. We've reached a point where there are some issues that I'm not sure are reconcilable and we may have to tear it up and split the country. But we'll see. We always seem to find a leader eventually who brings it all back together and gets back on the right track. And every four years we have the chance to find that leader again.

I just hope the Democrats can finally stick something on Trump to stop him from running again. I never seen so much money and time spent on one guy and nothing to show for it. If they can't stick something on him by 2024, boy the Democrats are going to look weak.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't think it's Trump's America. I think you have a lot of people watching a Democratic Party tearing at America in so many ways that it's become what they consider a fight for the soul of the country. Trump has taken all these concerns and provided a vision he can be the guy to build America back into the country they believe in. They don't care that Trump is a selfish, narcissistic man who mostly cares about himself.

We're at a point in American history where Democrats and Republicans can't even agree on what a female is. That's how polarized we are as a nation. I mean think about that. Did you ever in a million years think that we would reach a point where we did not agree on what a female is? I did not think that would occur, but that's where we're at.

As far as it being Trump's America, I think it's anyone's America who can sell people the vision of America they want to support. We've reached a point where there are some issues that I'm not sure are reconcilable and we may have to tear it up and split the country. But we'll see. We always seem to find a leader eventually who brings it all back together and gets back on the right track. And every four years we have the chance to find that leader again.

I just hope the Democrats can finally stick something on Trump to stop him from running again. I never seen so much money and time spent on one guy and nothing to show for it. If they can't stick something on him by 2024, boy the Democrats are going to look weak.

Sticking something on Trump isn't going to prevent him from running or people from voting for him. He could run his campaign from his jail cell and there wouldn't be anything the courts or anyone else could do about it.

But I do agree with you that claiming that this is "Trump's America" is extremely simplistic assessment of the current condition of the country. Yes, Trump is a big factor in the equation, perhaps the largest of any single factor. But there are a number of others. Hell, the Dems can't even agree amongst themselves on how to use their new found power.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:08 am

This isn't Trump's America but there is a Trump's America within our America. I know, I live there. There are a good percentage of people in this opart of the country that are not only willing to, but expecting to eventually turn to violence to get things sorted out as they see fit. They see it as a matter of when not if and joke about the "other side" being mostly unarmed.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:32 am

RiverDog wrote:Sticking something on Trump isn't going to prevent him from running or people from voting for him. He could run his campaign from his jail cell and there wouldn't be anything the courts or anyone else could do about it.

But I do agree with you that claiming that this is "Trump's America" is extremely simplistic assessment of the current condition of the country. Yes, Trump is a big factor in the equation, perhaps the largest of any single factor. But there are a number of others. Hell, the Dems can't even agree amongst themselves on how to use their new found power.

If Trump is able to run a successful campaign from jail, America has truly lost its mind.

I would prefer something sticky enough that it is enough to sway people not to want him in office. He can't run the presidency from jail. I guess it would make for a really weird movie, but I doubt anyone would want that. It would be too insane.

2022 going to be a real interesting election year.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:23 am

RiverDog wrote:Sticking something on Trump isn't going to prevent him from running or people from voting for him. He could run his campaign from his jail cell and there wouldn't be anything the courts or anyone else could do about it.

Aseahawkfan wrote:If Trump is able to run a successful campaign from jail, America has truly lost its mind.

I would prefer something sticky enough that it is enough to sway people not to want him in office. He can't run the presidency from jail. I guess it would make for a really weird movie, but I doubt anyone would want that. It would be too insane.

The reality is that Trump will never spend a day in jail. I was pointing out that there was nothing that would prevent him from running for POTUS or even carrying out his duties from his jail cell.

And I sincerely doubt that they'll ever stick anything criminal on him. His legal team is doing a very good job of playing what the pre-shot clock college basketball coaches used to refer to as a 4-corner offense, playing keep-away, a delaying tactic that runs out the clock and preserves a lead.

Aseahawkfan wrote:2022 going to be a real interesting election year.

I think you meant 2024, but 2022 will be interesting, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:06 am

If he meant 22 he’s right about that too. I think the democrats are going to get wiped out and decisively lose both houses . Manchin punted on Biden’s build back better plan , he’s incredibly unpopular and lacks the charisma to rebound or even keep his base in line . He’s gotten stuff done but he’s a one and done .

As for Trumps America it’s a slice of the pie . But his grip on the party is weakening slightly . His primary candidates are foundering in many cases . He held an event with Bill Oreilly in Florida that was sparsely attended . He got slapped down hard in his attempts to primary MConnell with only one Senator voicing support .

I don’t care about anything but having a rational competent mentally sharp
communicator as president . It’s been awhile . We can’t take another 4 years of it .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:26 am

I meant 2022. The Senate is obviously split evenly with the Vice President being a deciding vote. The House might even flip back Republican given Joe Biden's approval rating and the general feeling the Democrats are not doing much positive. There is a lot to attack the Democrats for at the moment.

If Congress flips Republican, I expect to see an investigation and attempt at impeachment of Joe Biden over his son's involvement in the Ukraine as payback for all the years the Democrats went after Trump. Maybe enough sensible Republicans will not allow it, but regardless they will kill anything Biden is attempting and make him a null president his last two years while always looking for a way to impeach him or Kamala. It will be pretty miserable if the Congress flips.

I don't know why Americans don't realize this yet, but every time the Democrats go after Republicans like they do with Trump the Republicans pay it back by trying to impeach and remove a Democratic president. It's just a bad idea unless it is something like Nixon did. It creates a situation where Republicans feel they have no choice but to go after a Democratic candidate once they gain control of Congress again as they always seem to do. It's always a massive dog and pony show that makes American politics miserable for anyone not interested in tiresome, political one-upmanship and divisions with nothing really useful occurring from it other than lots of wasted money, time, and media time. I imagine the media companies enjoy it because dog and pony shows get ratings.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:40 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I meant 2022. The Senate is obviously split evenly with the Vice President being a deciding vote. The House might even flip back Republican given Joe Biden's approval rating and the general feeling the Democrats are not doing much positive. There is a lot to attack the Democrats for at the moment.

If Congress flips Republican, I expect to see an investigation and attempt at impeachment of Joe Biden over his son's involvement in the Ukraine as payback for all the years the Democrats went after Trump. Maybe enough sensible Republicans will not allow it, but regardless they will kill anything Biden is attempting and make him a null president his last two years while always looking for a way to impeach him or Kamala. It will be pretty miserable if the Congress flips.

I don't know why Americans don't realize this yet, but every time the Democrats go after Republicans like they do with Trump the Republicans pay it back by trying to impeach and remove a Democratic president. It's just a bad idea unless it is something like Nixon did. It creates a situation where Republicans feel they have no choice but to go after a Democratic candidate once they gain control of Congress again as they always seem to do. It's always a massive dog and pony show that makes American politics miserable for anyone not interested in tiresome, political one-upmanship and divisions with nothing really useful occurring from it other than lots of wasted money, time, and media time. I imagine the media companies enjoy it because dog and pony shows get ratings.

Thats not entirely true. Nobody impeached Reagan, either Bush, or Obama although there were always threats. There's nothing there between Hunter and Ukraine, even Ukraine admits it. Biden would be impeached over Afghanistan IMO. Lindsey Graham has already said so.
Nixon resigned to avoid impeachment. Clinton should have been removed for lying to a prosecutor. Trump should have been impeached the day Bob Mueller spoke to the congress. He was justly impeached and drew the first ever vote for conviction by a senator of his own party because hes the one who was strong arming Ukraine to cheat to win an election which he did for 4 years straight, undermine democracy and the will of the American people. Again just stuff beyond the pale. And Jan 6.....
And 60 million people think he won or just cant admit the loser lost to poopy Joe. They think Jan 6 was, A just fine, and B the investigation of it is a witch hunt. Run around chanting F Joe Biden, Lets Go Brandon, anti Vax cult.
They are the democrats only chance. Id vote for any reasonable republican who has not been in the Trump cult. Otherwise no way.
Trumps America.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:22 am

Hawktawk wrote:Thats not entirely true. Nobody impeached Reagan, either Bush, or Obama although there were always threats. There's nothing there between Hunter and Ukraine, even Ukraine admits it. Biden would be impeached over Afghanistan IMO. Lindsey Graham has already said so.
Nixon resigned to avoid impeachment. Clinton should have been removed for lying to a prosecutor. Trump should have been impeached the day Bob Mueller spoke to the congress. He was justly impeached and drew the first ever vote for conviction by a senator of his own party because hes the one who was strong arming Ukraine to cheat to win an election which he did for 4 years straight, undermine democracy and the will of the American people. Again just stuff beyond the pale. And Jan 6.....
And 60 million people think he won or just cant admit the loser lost to poopy Joe. They think Jan 6 was, A just fine, and B the investigation of it is a witch hunt. Run around chanting F Joe Biden, Lets Go Brandon, anti Vax cult.
They are the democrats only chance. Id vote for any reasonable republican who has not been in the Trump cult. Otherwise no way.
Trumps America.

They tried to take down Reagan over Iran-Contra. Bush Sr. was far too powerful to impeach and it would have gone badly for the Democrats had they tried. You don't mess with an ex-Director of the CIA. Bush Sr. controlled The White House during Reagan. He wanted to run the country for 16 years. Bush's have run The White House for 20 years of the last 40 not including the Bush's connections within the various parts of government. The power Bush held died with him, so that dynasty is over.

Bush Jr. they wanted to try for war crimes. But once again he is a Bush with Dick Cheney as his VP. You mess with Cheney or a Bush, you better be well connected and prepared or you're going to hurt. If you were able to able listen behind closed doors to Democrats talk political strategy, you would hear things like, "It would be far too costly to go after Bush with criminal charges or the like." That is one family you did not mess with while Bush Sr. was alive.

I don't it as you do. If you don't have the juice to take someone down, then it's a dog and pony show. The Democrats obviously didn't have the juice to take Trump down legally. They're going to pay for it in the future. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But that's what I think is going to happen if the Congress flips.

Democrats embarrassed the Republicans. These parties always pay each other back.

Clinton was payback for Nixon. Jimmy Carter wasn't someone they could assail as his character was too good. Then Republicans ran the White House for the next 12 years. Then Clinton got the payback.

Bush Jr. had the protection of his father.

Obama's character was too good and he was careful. Not to mention they just attacked Obama in other ways and froze him out from getting anything done.

Trump? Well, he was an easy target to drum up attacks on. And Trump pissed off the Clintons who are powerful Democrats. Hilary engineered the Russian Collusion angle and worked real hard to embarrass Trump.

Biden is hardly bulletproof. He has a lot of chinks in the armor to attack him for impeachment. His son is a huge sore spot.

Clinton was really the first Democrat president that was payback for Nixon because Carter was dealt with in other ways and the Republicans controlled things for 12 years before Clinton.

You follow the political trail and games and you start to see what these two parties do. It's pretty damn dirty, wasteful, and not great for the country.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:59 am

I voted for Gary Johnson in 16 and will go to my grave believing he’d have made an excellent president . But it’s as you say so profoundly and eloquently , it’s a 2 dog 2 pony show . Dems going after Trump with both barrels while at least controlling the congress and an unpopular president and a legitimate question of legality was doomed to be a loser . Short of a senate wipeout resulting in a party holding 70 seats nobody will ever be removed . Winning is more important than right and wrong .
But think back to Clinton pushing 70% approval and in firm control getting impeached over lying about a sex act . I’ve said it before , a president of America has far too much power . Biden talked about putting the genie back in the bottle , cut his power but I’ve heard no more of it. If he’s proven to have committed impeachable offenses I hope he’s removed .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I voted for Gary Johnson in 16 and will go to my grave believing he’d have made an excellent president . But it’s as you say so profoundly and eloquently , it’s a 2 dog 2 pony show . Dems going after Trump with both barrels while at least controlling the congress and an unpopular president and a legitimate question of legality was doomed to be a loser . Short of a senate wipeout resulting in a party holding 70 seats nobody will ever be removed . Winning is more important than right and wrong .
But think back to Clinton pushing 70% approval and in firm control getting impeached over lying about a sex act . I’ve said it before , a president of America has far too much power . Biden talked about putting the genie back in the bottle , cut his power but I’ve heard no more of it. If he’s proven to have committed impeachable offenses I hope he’s removed .

I don't think the president has a lot of power myself. I think parties have too much power, much of it not even known to the public. I think the president is primarily a face man. The real power is in the people who control the money and the power groups that vote for various candidates. These parties always find new face men, but money and power groups are not as easily made or unmade. They play games with the mainstream public letting them focus on things that aren't important, while they do backdoor deals to get votes. The face men are mainly valuable because they can get control of the Executive Branch of the government and tens of millions of dollars are invested in getting them there. If they allow the opposing party to take them out, that is tens of millions of dollars down the drain.

The media also has way too much power at this point. Whatever they decide to take up often gets the focus in politics and whatever they decide to ignore gets swept to the side. The media is controlled by corporations. You know what's really funny is when you dig into media companies, you find out they often own media on both sides of the spectrum.

Look at what News Corp owns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_News_Corp

Bottom line is the media manipulates people for money. They are very good at it. A lot of highly paid people do research on what make for good discussion topics to drum people up.

American politics and how it all operates is a very Byzantine operation. No one wants to see all that money wasted they invested in candidates to get things done they want done. Manipulating the public into thinking they're making the decisions with a popular, charismatic face man is part of the power structure of our country and Democracy in general.

That's why I hope they get something sufficiently stuck to Trump whether a crime or something like the January 6th riots that causes the big money that backs the Republicans to see him as a bad investment. Nothing will knock Trump down faster than losing the backing of big money Republican investment. Trump needs to sell not only to the public, but also to the people behind the scenes. He delivered for them big with the Trump Tax cuts. Not sure what else he has to offer, but I imagine we'll see soon what they want. It won't be what the mainstream public cares a lot of about. Trump will just play them like a salesman slurping up the cheers, while his real agenda will be something people barely notice that will make some of his power players a lot of money.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic