Kim Potter verdict

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Kim Potter verdict

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:13 am

So let’s get this straight . Jacob Blake is trying to get in his parked vehicle and gets 7 slugs in the back . In the ensuing protests /riots a 17 year old intentionally inserts himself and winds up killing 2 people and wounding another . The police officer who shot Blake is found to have acted properly . So is Rittenhouse . Then a cop who mistakenly pulls her gun while yelling taser as a suspect is punching the gas with officers engaged with the car and shoots him once is immediately arrested

She demonstrated extreme remorse but jurists didn’t buy her explanation that it was a mistake . She’s facing 15 years in prison . Rittenhouse is speaking to standing ovations . The cop who went far past her intended level of force in Kenosha didnt even go to trial and he’s drawing paychecks , writing tickets , zero repercussions .

Our legal system , justice system is as broken as the rest of this country .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Kim Potter verdict

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:56 am

If you look around the western world with similar types of legal systems it's all about the Lawyer you can afford.
The best ones will get you a better result than others and it's not always about justice or guilt.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Cash register justice .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:15 pm

The cop in the Jacob Blake case did everything he could to deescalate and control without his gun. He acted within his police procedures. Not sure why you keep bringing that one up since Jacob Blake clearly put the cop in a situation to make a terrible choice. You don't get to physically fight off the cops when they physically restrain you, ignore them when they tase you, and go to your car and drive off when they have their guns pulled on you when the police have been called there due a complaint and warrant for you. If that is your opinion, what's next? You get to rob someone in front of the cops and fight the cops off and leave as long as you don't pull a deadly weapon? I don't know what you expect there. Cop could not physically restrain Jacob Blake. He tried with two other cops. Only other option was let him drive off when he was expected to bring this individual in due to a warrant for a crime.

Kyle Rittenhouse was just a very strange situation. Still not sure why he got off clean. He must have some serious money and connections backing him up.

Surprised at the Kim Potter verdict. But we'll see if this sets a precedent for police officers claiming a mistake when killing someone.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 am

I hated the Rittenhouse verdict, but I think the defense did a good job of demonstrating that all who were shot came at him, thereby showing that he didn’t pose a threat to the crowd. I disagree, but I understand their strategy, and they did a much better job than the prosecution did.

The Potter verdict is more simple to me anyway. Killing someone unjustifiably, even if a mistake, is still a crime. You can argue that lethal force was justified just like her lawyer did, but the jury didn’t agree with that.
I-5
Legacy

Return to Off Topic