PENMF Stock

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

PENMF Stock

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:32 am

Anyone here into stocks? I am really interested in investing in some Peninsula Energy Limited stock. Its only trading for around 12 cents a share right now and the company looks like it has a ton of potential upside, but also is a big risk as it all hinges on the Lance project in Wyoming. Anyone have some insight or advice on this?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Re: PENMF Stock

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:19 am

ASF is our resident stock expert. Wait for him to see your message and I'm sure he'll give you his 2 cents worth.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:08 am

I don't know anything about this particular stock, but I've been playing penny stocks for about 20 years.
There are some general lessens to consider with the pennies, and one is to take winnings and move on.
It's hard to do but if you don't, you will probably see your fortunes rise and then ride it back down to the bottom.
As well in many cases these stocks seem to be manipulated.
Don't fall in love with the stock. It will never love you back.
Make sure you use trailing stop losses - meaning set a limit as to how much (%) you are willing to lose and follow
it up and once it falls back and hits that percentage loss, sell. For instance if you feel the stock has a volatility of
20% (meaning you think it normally trades within a 20% range) then set your trailing stop loss at 20%. This way if
it falls 20% right away you only lose that amount, and if it doubles then drops 20% you preserve most of your gains.

I've had some big wins, though - I bought a stock and averaged in at 8.5 cents and it went to $1.43 and another
that I averaged in at $0.29 that went to $2.38 but most of the time I've seen these stocks go up on rumor and
fall after news even if it's good news. It seems that even if they take off if there isn't any more following good
news people sell off some or a lot and move on to other stocks they think will make them money. For example
the $1.43 stock now is sitting around $.40 and might be a good value to get back in and the $2.38 is now sitting
around $1.50 so even if I had kept them I would have made some money, but made even more by being true to my
trailing stop loss limits.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:34 pm

I'll take a look at it. I don't mess much with penny stocks. They're usually penny stocks for a reason. I much prefer established growth stocks.

Looks like a total garbage company. If you think there is some kind of momentum or turnaround play, then use some gambling money on it. I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Mining is a highly commoditized industry with no barriers to entry. If your mine runs out, you have to buy new land and hope to find new minerals. I don't love mining companies. Capital intensive, limited moat by nature, and commoditized.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'll take a look at it. I don't mess much with penny stocks. They're usually penny stocks for a reason. I much prefer established growth stocks.

Looks like a total garbage company. If you think there is some kind of momentum or turnaround play, then use some gambling money on it. I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Mining is a highly commoditized industry with no barriers to entry. If your mine runs out, you have to buy new land and hope to find new minerals. I don't love mining companies. Capital intensive, limited moat by nature, and commoditized.

They arent mining right now which is why its so low. They are expected to resume mining this spring with their low ph extraction operation in wyoming (lance project). They have around 57M lbs of uranium to mine and already have a contract to sell it.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:23 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:They arent mining right now which is why its so low. They are expected to resume mining this spring with their low ph extraction operation in wyoming (lance project). They have around 57M lbs of uranium to mine and already have a contract to sell it.

Give it a shot. See what happens. Not sure how long it takes to mine 57 million pounds of uranium or what the spot price is these days, but if you think you can make money go for it.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:12 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys. ASF, uranium is only selling for around $30 a lb right now but the contract Peninsula has is selling it for $50.
Are there any stocks youd advice me looking into? Im just getting into it, only have around $400 invested right now (not including my work 401k). I am mostly interested in growth stocks as well and generally targeting them in the price range of $5-50. Thanks for your help.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:23 am

There have been people talking about uranium prices rising dramatically for years, but it hasn't happened.
Some of the larger producers have scaled back their production but the prices haven't risen much as a result.
With penny stocks the key is to get in and make some money then get out.
The concern I would have about a small company is if the larger producers crowd it out with lower prices, but
on the other hand it might be a candidate for a takeover by a larger company.

One of the key things I look for with penny stocks is how much stock does mgmt own. In one of my stocks the
mgmt owned 46% of the shares and had put in millions of their own money and they were quite conservative about
trading stocks for financing. It worked out pretty well and they may yet be a huge win.
As always don't risk what you can't afford to lose.

Good luck.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:25 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys. ASF, uranium is only selling for around $30 a lb right now but the contract Peninsula has is selling it for $50.
Are there any stocks youd advice me looking into? Im just getting into it, only have around $400 invested right now (not including my work 401k). I am mostly interested in growth stocks as well and generally targeting them in the price range of $5-50. Thanks for your help.

I usually do a mix of quality companies who pay a dividend with reasonable valuations like Walgreens, high growth companies in a healthy state like Tesla, and some speculative growth high risk, high reward companies like Dermtech.

Main investing ideas I recommend:

1. Know what you're investing in and why. Easier to maintain conviction if the stock goes up and down if you know why you invested in something and can determine whether the growth story is still there.

2. Learn a company. Study their charts. Study their fundamentals. Study their business. Then you have a better idea of knowing if you're getting in at a good price and if the fundamentals support price growth. Always remember you're buying a company and people are paying a certain price for it for a reason.

3. Keep looking all the time for good opportunities. You never know when one might come along.

4. Look around you for ideas. If you see a new consumer trend, see if you can invest it. Obvious ones from yesteryear are smartphones and computers. You can find some less obvious trends like Yoga Pants being sold by a Lululemon or Monster drinks by Monster Beverage company. Always be looking around you for change that you can invest in. If your company adopts a new software platform, check to see if other companies are adopting it and if you can invest in that adoption. Investing in change is one of the best ways to make money.

5. Manage your risk. If you can make 4% investing in an oil stock with low risk versus 300 percent investing in the hot new tech company but with a high risk of failure, remember to manage that risk accordingly by only putting money in that you can afford to lose or not touch until the growth story plays out. 4% steady, safe growth is still 4 grand a year on a hundred grand with little risk of loss while a 100 grand in a high risk growth stock can either be a huge gain or a huge loss. You need to understand and manage the risk.

You're early in the investing stage. With 400 dollars and just building up seed money, I'd take on some risk and toss it into high growth stocks. Maybe a Fintech or a Biotech. Look around for some high growth name. See if you can grow your $400 quickly.

I'm not much of a trader myself. I usually find something I think will grow over the years and invest in it, then let it grow. I'll move my money out when I think the growth story is over or mostly over. I've made the best money investing for the long-term. Short-term anything can happen, long-term if you're in a stock with growing revenues and profits then the price should rise.

Glad to hear you're getting into investing. Investing is one of the few ways you can buy things that go up in value rather than just get consumed or used with no value. Even though I don't like real estate myself, real estate is one of the best ways to use leverage to build up your assets quickly. If you can, buy some real estate with a loan and use it generate income or at least build equity in an asset that will rise in value.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:16 pm

Just got ny tax return money today, so think im gonna take a risk and put 1k into it. Wish me luck.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:08 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Just got ny tax return money today, so think im gonna take a risk and put 1k into it. Wish me luck.

Well, I decided to buy 15 shares of BATT etf, and 5,250 shares of Penmf (so far 5100 filled). I should have about $1.65 leftover to buy one share of Goro lol
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:41 pm

Let us know how it goes.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:50 am

Just an update. My portfolio is now up to $4k invested in a dozen or so stocks. Overall im down about 15% which isnt really too bad considering the way the market is right now. Most of my investments are growth stocks and man you really have to have patience for these to pay off. I think some of my investments will be really good in the next 5 years tho (global e-online, luminar, etc). I also have a couple dividend stocks which is what id like to be fully invested in once I have more capital. My goal is to be able to retire in 30 years living off of the dividend payments. Any advice or criticism is welcome, thanks guys.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:00 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Just an update. My portfolio is now up to $4k invested in a dozen or so stocks. Overall im down about 15% which isnt really too bad considering the way the market is right now. Most of my investments are growth stocks and man you really have to have patience for these to pay off. I think some of my investments will be really good in the next 5 years tho (global e-online, luminar, etc). I also have a couple dividend stocks which is what id like to be fully invested in once I have more capital. My goal is to be able to retire in 30 years living off of the dividend payments. Any advice or criticism is welcome, thanks guys.

Yea, my IRA's are down about that same amount, and I'm very conservatively invested.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:49 pm

I'm mostly in cash right now. I've seen euphoric markets like what happened the past few years. I don't buy into them any more. I took far too big a loss during the Tech Bubble bursting. I no longer get caught up in the hype.

My investments are down too. But since I'm not as exposed as I have been in the past, I haven't taken as huge a hit to my investments. I'd like to see interest rates and inflation stabilize (especially oil prices) before I jump in heavy again. I will do some dollar cost averaging into quality companies as this bear market continues.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic