Biden states we will respond if China invades Taiwan

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Biden states we will respond if China invades Taiwan

Postby I-5 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:12 am

And how is China going to take Taiwan militarily? They have zero taste for actual war, so they’re trying to use coercion, which isn’t working. Their entire strategy is to bully not just Taiwan, but the entire SE Asia region as well. Armed conflict is something they have very little experience in. If anything, Ukraine is showing how a superior army on paper can be frustrated and thwarted, and an island is much, much more difficult to invade than a land border. It’s going to be a stalemate for the foreseeable future.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:15 pm

I-5 wrote:And how is China going to take Taiwan militarily? They have zero taste for actual war, so they’re trying to use coercion, which isn’t working. Their entire strategy is to bully not just Taiwan, but the entire SE Asia region as well. Armed conflict is something they have very little experience in. If anything, Ukraine is showing how a superior army on paper can be frustrated and thwarted, and an island is much, much more difficult to invade than a land border. It’s going to be a stalemate for the foreseeable future.

What do you mean? Do you follow what China has been doing militarily? They have been building a Navy to challenge U.S. power in that region. Taiwan is so close to China they can use air power from the mainland. They have 1.4 billion people and an immense manufacturing capacity. This idea China has no taste for war is not particularly accurate. They had an internal war for control of China during the Communist revolution. That is why Taiwan exists because Chiang Kai-Shek, the general of the Republican Army, was driven to Taiwan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek

China also backed the North Vietnamese who drove us out militarily. They also backed North Korea who held us to the 38th parallel. China also took Tibet as well. China is the reason both North Korea and Vietnam exist as they do. They resisted us and projected sufficient power to check our advancement.

China will make war if the need arises. What they don't have is a desire for war when patience will achieve the victory at a much lower cost.

To be honest, China is likely going to take Taiwan in a bloodless agreement where they have already positioned themselves that even Taiwan will realize they cannot win.

China is where the book Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" was written and one of their major philosophers was Confucius. If you read these philosophers, it gives an idea into the Chinese mindset which is very long-term. China will keep taking pieces on the board in Asia and enticing Asian nations into agreements that will set it up so that America will have little to no support in Asia. They honestly care very little about who is the American president as their plans will succeed in their viewpoint over generations of time. Personal glory is not a valued trait of China. Patience and the slow building of superior position and might is how China will succeed when it finally does reabsorb Taiwan. Same thing it did with Hong Kong and same thing it did with Genghis Kahn and the Mongols when the invaded.

China is an extremely patient nation. That will build everything into place so when it moves for the final checkmate, it will already have positioned so the opponent has no chance of winning.

America has little to no chance of stop China from taking Taiwan when they move. China is not Russia pursuing one man's agenda. China will move as a nation and be prepared to annihilate America's fleet off their coast where they will be able to project far more power than us in that region.

I have never worried about Russia as an American other than nuclear attack. Russia has never had the manpower to invade America. Their population and manufacturing capacity has always been too small. China is a different animal altogether than Russia.

That is why saber rattling by Biden is a pointless waste of time and useless talk. Just yapping. China looks at Biden and Trump like yapping dogs that will pass within a blink of time for China.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:What do you mean? Do you follow what China has been doing militarily? They have been building a Navy to challenge U.S. power in that region. Taiwan is so close to China they can use air power from the mainland. They have 1.4 billion people and an immense manufacturing capacity. This idea China has no taste for war is not particularly accurate. They had an internal war for control of China during the Communist revolution. That is why Taiwan exists because Chiang Kai-Shek, the general of the Republican Army, was driven to Taiwan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek

China also backed the North Vietnamese who drove us out militarily. They also backed North Korea who held us to the 38th parallel. China also took Tibet as well. China is the reason both North Korea and Vietnam exist as they do. They resisted us and projected sufficient power to check our advancement.

China will make war if the need arises. What they don't have is a desire for war when patience will achieve the victory at a much lower cost.

To be honest, China is likely going to take Taiwan in a bloodless agreement where they have already positioned themselves that even Taiwan will realize they cannot win.

China is where the book Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" was written and one of their major philosophers was Confucius. If you read these philosophers, it gives an idea into the Chinese mindset which is very long-term. China will keep taking pieces on the board in Asia and enticing Asian nations into agreements that will set it up so that America will have little to no support in Asia. They honestly care very little about who is the American president as their plans will succeed in their viewpoint over generations of time. Personal glory is not a valued trait of China. Patience and the slow building of superior position and might is how China will succeed when it finally does reabsorb Taiwan. Same thing it did with Hong Kong and same thing it did with Genghis Kahn and the Mongols when the invaded.

China is an extremely patient nation. That will build everything into place so when it moves for the final checkmate, it will already have positioned so the opponent has no chance of winning.

America has little to no chance of stop China from taking Taiwan when they move. China is not Russia pursuing one man's agenda. China will move as a nation and be prepared to annihilate America's fleet off their coast where they will be able to project far more power than us in that region.

I have never worried about Russia as an American other than nuclear attack. Russia has never had the manpower to invade America. Their population and manufacturing capacity has always been too small. China is a different animal altogether than Russia.

That is why saber rattling by Biden is a pointless waste of time and useless talk. Just yapping. China looks at Biden and Trump like yapping dogs that will pass within a blink of time for China.

Biden isn’t saber rattling. While he’s in power, I think he makes it clear that we will get involved militarily to defend Taiwan, and China knows that despite Biden officials saying there is no change in the One China policy. Biden’s statement stands on its own, and China can’t do anything about it.

The only saber rattling here is by China, they’ve been doing it for decades, and it’s not just in the Taiwan Strait, it’s the entire South China Sea region. Your long post backs up my point that China has no appetite for a military invasion. They would have to kill lots of Taiwan civilians, because Taiwan is similar to Ukraine in that they’re not going to go peacefully. Frankly they’d rather die than be chinese. I’ve been to Taiwan multiple times and have many Taiwanese friends who identify with what’s happening in Ukraine. China is trying its hardest to scare Taiwan, but Taiwan simply isn’t going to capitulate on sovereignty without a full scale military invasion. I don’t think China wants or is willing to do that.
I-5
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic