What do you think will really take Trump down?

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

How will Trump's political power end?

Trump will die.
33%
Trump will be imprisoned for a crime.
33%
Trump will be indicted, avoid prison time, but it will be enough to stop him from running again due to his unpopularity.
17%
Trump will make a deal to avoid jail time that will stop him from running for office.
No votes
Democrats will take Congress and have enough power to impeach and remove Trump if he should run and win again.
17%
Trump will run again in 2024 and lose finally sealing him as a loser that Republicans will no longer support.
No votes
Trump will run in 2024 and win.
No votes
Another Republican will win the 2024 nomination and finally focus the Republican Party on someone else.
No votes
The power brokers in the Republican Party turn on Trump to oust him from a 2024 run.
No votes
Other (State in comments)
No votes

Total votes : 6

Re: What do you think will really take Trump down?

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Comey torpedoed Clinton. That is why it was so amusing when he ended up on Trump's bad list and had a falling out. Just shows how stupid Trump is as a politician. He had an F.B.I. Director who literally assisted him in a winning an election and he decided to strong arm the guy rather than use him as an asset because he doesn't understand you can't do that in D.C. This has been a clear pattern with Trump to consider himself above everyone else, even his initial allies crapping all over them and causing them to turn against him. That alone is the sign of a terrible, terrible leader for a political system like ours. He wants to run the country like a CEO and not like a president.

I hope this idiot never comes close to the Oval Office again. He's too bad at politics to be allowed in.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:16 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Comey torpedoed Clinton. That is why it was so amusing when he ended up on Trump's bad list and had a falling out. Just shows how stupid Trump is as a politician. He had an F.B.I. Director who literally assisted him in a winning an election and he decided to strong arm the guy rather than use him as an asset because he doesn't understand you can't do that in D.C. This has been a clear pattern with Trump to consider himself above everyone else, even his initial allies crapping all over them and causing them to turn against him. That alone is the sign of a terrible, terrible leader for a political system like ours. He wants to run the country like a CEO and not like a president.

I hope this idiot never comes close to the Oval Office again. He's too bad at politics to be allowed in.

Running the country like a CEO is a bad example. CEO's don't rise to their position by being a narcissist. A better analogy would be that Trump governs the country like the don of a mafia family would, that what matters most is unswerving loyalty to him and only him, that opposing POV's are looked upon as sacrilege, and that anyone that dares to challenge him ends up at the bottom of a lake.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 pm

RiverDog wrote:Running the country like a CEO is a bad example. CEO's don't rise to their position by being a narcissist. A better analogy would be that Trump governs the country like the don of a mafia family would, that what matters most is unswerving loyalty to him and only him, that opposing POV's are looked upon as sacrilege, and that anyone that dares to challenge him ends up at the bottom of a lake.

Depends on the CEO. Lots of narcissists rise to power in a variety of professions, especially business, but few are so blatant as Trump.

I wouldn't give Trump the compliment of running something like a mafia don. He don't have the balls to put anyone at the bottom of a lake or the capability, which is why all the people he angered are still out there taking shots at him.

Trump's corrupt, but more in the way of a spoiled rich kid analogy you use. Dick Cheney is more like a real mafia don and probably has bodies buried no one knows about. He and George Bush Jr. godfathered Saddam Hussein after he threatened George's father. That was way more mafia don than anything Trump has done. He can't even bury his own lawyer or keep his family in line.

Trump's a narcissistic salesman used to getting his way as the CEO/owner of his company and finding out he can't just cry and do whatever he wants.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:18 am

RiverDog wrote:Running the country like a CEO is a bad example. CEO's don't rise to their position by being a narcissist. A better analogy would be that Trump governs the country like the don of a mafia family would, that what matters most is unswerving loyalty to him and only him, that opposing POV's are looked upon as sacrilege, and that anyone that dares to challenge him ends up at the bottom of a lake.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Depends on the CEO. Lots of narcissists rise to power in a variety of professions, especially business, but few are so blatant as Trump.

I wouldn't give Trump the compliment of running something like a mafia don. He don't have the balls to put anyone at the bottom of a lake or the capability, which is why all the people he angered are still out there taking shots at him.

Trump's corrupt, but more in the way of a spoiled rich kid analogy you use. Dick Cheney is more like a real mafia don and probably has bodies buried no one knows about. He and George Bush Jr. godfathered Saddam Hussein after he threatened George's father. That was way more mafia don than anything Trump has done. He can't even bury his own lawyer or keep his family in line.

Trump's a narcissistic salesman used to getting his way as the CEO/owner of his company and finding out he can't just cry and do whatever he wants.

If you're talking about the CEO of the Trump Organization, then you'd be correct. However, although I honestly don't have a good handle on the management styles or personality traits of the typical CEO, I doubt that they are anywhere close to those of Donald Trump's. I know that the 6-8 CEO's that I have worked under didn't demonstrate those traits, nor have any of the high profile CEO's.

The key trait that Trump shares with the stereotypical mafia don is loyalty to the family. When I think of the character played by Al Pachino in The Godfather Part 2, who had his own brother killed because he was disloyal to him, I think that Trump would have behaved in the same exact manner, that he wouldn't bat an eye at having his own brother executed if he crossed him. Isn't that what he was going to do with Mike Pence, stand by with his hands in his pockets and watch that mob hang him?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:19 pm

RiverDog wrote:If you're talking about the CEO of the Trump Organization, then you'd be correct. However, although I honestly don't have a good handle on the management styles or personality traits of the typical CEO, I doubt that they are anywhere close to those of Donald Trump's. I know that the 6-8 CEO's that I have worked under didn't demonstrate those traits, nor have any of the high profile CEO's.

Not many have the open narcissism of Trump, but CEOs are often highly competitive people with supreme confidence who believe they are right and they are better than the people around him. They just aren't stupid enough to telegraph it as openly as Trump.

The key trait that Trump shares with the stereotypical mafia don is loyalty to the family. When I think of the character played by Al Pachino in The Godfather Part 2, who had his own brother killed because he was disloyal to him, I think that Trump would have behaved in the same exact manner, that he wouldn't bat an eye at having his own brother executed if he crossed him. Isn't that what he was going to do with Mike Pence, stand by with his hands in his pockets and watch that mob hang him?

I don't know how loyal his family is when put to the test or how loyal Trump is to his family if he has to take the fall for them. None of his children are willing to take the fall for Trump like The Godfather's children who fought to the death for their father. Trump doesn't even inspire strong loyalty from his own children or fear other than talking smack on Twitter. Even Ivanka and Jared Kushner did not back up his testimony when they were being cross-examined.

Trump's that guy who goes up and tells you, "That guy screwed your wife. He'll screw her again if you don't do something about it." He's very convincing hoping you'll go crazy and kill the guy who screwed your wife. He does this because he's a weasel who is hoping he can get a person to do something stupid based on a lie, while not actually having the guts to do it himself or the capability to convince someone to do it without the lie by having a sound strategy to carry out the action.

Few CEOs are as openly narcissistic and rude as Trump because they had to earn their positions, whereas Trump was handed his position in a family run business. He never had to learn the social skills needed to earn a CEO job or show particular skill at managing a business. He's been handed everything most of his life. Though he's built the Trump name into a world wide business empire, he also destroyed it by acting as idiotically as he has.

When I compare him to CEOs, they are very used to being able to issue a command and it will be done. CEOs don't have to get an ok from Congress or keep someone around they don't want to work with unless the board or owner requires it. CEOs are used to being able to manage and run the business without the kind of oversight a president must manage. Trump tries to run the White House like a CEO where if he doesn't get the results he desires, he finds someone new who will give him the results he desires. That's how I've seen most business owners and CEOs run their business. If you're not performing, you're out. Trump found out you don't get to that as president. You don't get to hire lackeys. There are rules and laws and you have to follow them or there are consequences. You don't get to keep firing people until you find the guy who will do what you want him to do.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:50 pm

I'm going to laugh really hard if Trump is tried for a law he signed into law to prevent the mishandling of government documents.

https://www.congress.gov/115/plaws/publ118/PLAW-115publ118.pdf
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'm going to laugh really hard if Trump is tried for a law he signed into law to prevent the mishandling of government documents.

https://www.congress.gov/115/plaws/publ118/PLAW-115publ118.pdf

That's almost a tasty as Merrick Garland calling his bluff on unsealing the warrant ... how much you wanna bet Trump files to prevent the unsealing? (he has until tomorrow)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:51 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:That's almost a tasty as Merrick Garland calling his bluff on unsealing the warrant ... how much you wanna bet Trump files to prevent the unsealing? (he has until tomorrow)

If it will keep him in the news and possibly protect him from the law, it's almost a guarantee.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 pm

Garland schooled every republican by staying silent while they DEMANDED to see the search warrant, which is exactly what he wanted them to do. Guess which is the only republican that DOESN’T want the search warrant to l be seen? Yup.

I bet Mitch is beginning to wish he had allowed Garland to be confirmed to the Supreme Court instead of the much more exciting job of AG.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:29 am

I-5 wrote:Garland schooled every republican by staying silent while they DEMANDED to see the search warrant, which is exactly what he wanted them to do. Guess which is the only republican that DOESN’T want the search warrant to l be seen? Yup.

I bet Mitch is beginning to wish he had allowed Garland to be confirmed to the Supreme Court instead of the much more exciting job of AG.

Yes, Garland and/or whomever was advising him played their hand well. Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself. Now, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't as there's bound to be some embarrassing, unflattering information regarding how Trump conducted himself, perhaps things that could be used against him in his various legal worries. I wonder if Trump had anyone advising him regarding his statements about unsealing the warrant, or if he was doing things like he did during his presidency, just winging it, making tweets/posts on his own without talking to anyone.

Edit: It sounds like Trump is going to allow them to unseal the search warrant. Supposedly, some of the documents have to do with information on nuclear weapons.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:13 am

He says he 'declassified' them while still in power.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:09 am

c_hawkbob wrote:He says he 'declassified' them while still in power.

Yeah, that will be his defense. I honestly don't know how much or what he can de-classify, if he can do it unilaterally/arbitrarily just because he's the President. As we all know, executive privilege has its limits. Should be interesting.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 am

If he had declassified them, then the FBI wouldn't be searching Mar-a-Lago. That's Logic 101, but will sail right over some MAGA heads.

So any ole president can declassify nuclear and national security info huh! And if he did removed anything related to nuclear weapons from washington....why? Is it pure stupidity, or something more? Everyday, this tool goes lower than whatever previously low opinion I had of him. One of his rabid followers on Truth Social tried to attack an FBI locale in Mississippi - he bought the lie and was willing to kill himself for it. The US is the fake news capital of the world at this point.
I-5
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:59 am

Almost enough to make you think maybe he really is a Russian asset.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:46 pm

Warrant shows Trump to be the target of obstruction and espionage investigations! Still think he does no time? https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-warra ... 01949.html
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:06 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Warrant shows Trump to be the target of obstruction and espionage investigations! Still think he does no time? https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-warra ... 01949.html

Ol HT is right on the money once again . It matters that a president was such a morally bankrupt scumbag he’s blackmailed to the ends of the earth . His weird relationship with Putin was an early objection of mine . And spare me unless there’s any logical reason an ex president should have Information on nuclear weapons . The dude should hang if he shared nuclear secrets with any foreign power and I have a good idea which one it would be .

Chris Wray is solid and would never have done this were there not a compelling national security issue . Nor would Garland imo as he’s tread pretty softly . Of course the MAGA entranced sheeple will defend even this . If I have to go to the streets to see a traitorous criminal does time I will . Had enough of MAGA
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Warrant shows Trump to be the target of obstruction and espionage investigations! Still think he does no time? https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-warra ... 01949.html

I will believe he will do time when he is doing time. Just as I will believe he is finally done and not able to run for president, when he is finally done and not running for president. I don't feel like getting my hopes up for the tiresome worm constantly avoiding the hook only to be disappointed again.

But this at least looks more promising than previous attempts. Whether it is enough to have him in prison, I do not care. I only care if the measures are sufficient to stop him from running for office again and never be allowed in a position of governing where he can sow his selfish, narcissistic chaos. After that is taken care of, I will ignore the man as he has deserved for years.

I'm tired of America feeding that idiot's ego and keeping him relevant far beyond what he should have been.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:56 pm

It remains to be seen what the evidence shows, but regardless of whether he does time or not (that's a different subject altogether), a few people here were given a lot of krap for even mentioning Russia in the same sentence as Trump, despite a multitude of seemingly random incidents (Helsinki presscon brown-nosing Putin, private meeting with Putin and no journalists, lobbying G7 to invite Russia back in, withholding funding to Zelensky in exchange for announcing Biden investigation, the list goes on). If an actual connection is made that involves Trump, National Security, and Russia, I will be the least surprised person here. Ive already seen enough in public.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:33 pm

Yup. There's isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he does any time, and I'll buy you all the beer you can drink in one night if I'm wrong.

You guys aren't paying attention to MAGA's reaction to the FBI raid. They are incensed. Trump already has scored a major victory in the primaries as his indorsed candidates for the most part did very well, with only 2 of the 10 House R's voting to impeach Trump surviving. Now, they have a rallying cry, that the Democrats broke into a former President's private residence. Never mind that it's an utterly false statement, it's what they believe.

There is no way in hell that they would ever be able to select an impartial jury that would get 12 out of 12 votes to convict any former POTUS, let alone this guy. He's going to be a pain in the arse worse than a 5 pound hemorrhoid until the day he dies.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yup. There's isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he does any time, and I'll buy you all the beer you can drink in one night if I'm wrong.

You guys aren't paying attention to MAGA's reaction to the FBI raid. They are incensed. Trump already has scored a major victory in the primaries as his indorsed candidates for the most part did very well, with only 2 of the 10 House R's voting to impeach Trump surviving. Now, they have a rallying cry, that the Democrats broke into a former President's private residence. Never mind that it's an utterly false statement, it's what they believe.

There is no way in hell that they would ever be able to select an impartial jury that would get 12 out of 12 votes to convict any former POTUS, let alone this guy.

I've read their pathetic, hypocritical reactions. Same guys crying about Hilary's emails and Biden's son acting outraged when a president is caught taking a variety of classified documents out of the White House for reasons I cannot fathom.

But it's going to come down to what they can prove and how well they can sell it. They may not be able to find an impartial jury, but if it's bad enough they can find one who might convict him anyway. But I don't think the goal of these investigations is to imprison him, just find enough dirt and information to remove enough of his support to make him politically nonviable. If they accomplish that goal, I will consider it a win.

So we'll see what they find. So far after years of searching, it's never been enough to truly take Trump down which is why I don't get my hopes up. Guy should have already been done, but he seems to keep finding ways out.

One thing I am sure of is some Democratic president in the future when the Congress is Republican is going to pay a hell of a price for all of this. Biden is going to severely suffer if the Democrats lose the midterms. It won't be just having his legislation resisted, they will be subject him to a similar level of investigation as Trump. It's not going to be fun for the country.

If Trump runs again in 2024, it's going to be miserable. This type of open political warfare isn't good for the country and mostly benefits the scumbag media and their ratings. But for all the people trying to live their lives, it's fricking terrible.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:08 pm

Yup. There's isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he does any time, and I'll buy you all the beer you can drink in one night if I'm wrong.

Who said anything about Trump doing time? I never have. I just don't want him anywhere the button again...unless he stole that too.
I-5
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:52 pm

I think he'll do time and at least one other (according to the poll in this thread) agrees with me. I don't think It'll be much but at least a token day or two until a benevolent sitting Prez (not necessarily Biden) grants him conditional clemency.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:26 pm

The word ‘weaponize’ is being thrown around about the FBI doing it’s job, and meanwhile MAGA’s are openly talking about assassination of the AG and ‘kill all feds’. This from the party of law & order. It’s only law & order when you’re the one on top, clearly.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 pm

I-5 wrote:Who said anything about Trump doing time? I never have. I just don't want him anywhere the button again...unless he stole that too.

You might not have, but a couple of us have discussed the possibility on several occasions.

And I agree completely with your 2nd sentence.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:06 pm

Rudy Guliani has been informed he will be a target of the Georgia election interference investigation. Lindsey Graham has been told he will be forced to testify in the probe as well. So it’s heating up .

Of all the stuff trump did , just with what’s on the tape with Georgia sec of state raffelburger he’d be in prison already if he wasn’t a former president .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:57 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Rudy Guliani has been informed he will be a target of the Georgia election interference investigation. Lindsey Graham has been told he will be forced to testify in the probe as well. So it’s heating up .

Of all the stuff trump did , just with what’s on the tape with Georgia sec of state raffelburger he’d be in prison already if he wasn’t a former president .

Yep. That phone call was BS.

I know more than a few Republican/Trump voters with selective memory forgetting a Republican, that voted for Trump, in a state where the Governor Jack Kemp was pro-Trump and supported by Trump, told everyone about the phone call, released the phone call himself, because Brad Raffensperger was an honest man, a long-term Republican, a man that supported Trump, wasn't going to engage in underhanded lying tactics like Stacy Abrams accused the man of even when asked by his own party and coerced by Trump for not doing so. The man has integrity and conducts his job in a professional manner.

These same guys are trying to pretend that Brad Raffensperger isn't honest, isn't a Republican, and forget he told Trump no because of professional integrity and released the information because he thought what Trump was doing was dishonest, coercive, and illegal.

These same Republicans who claim they're decent people are ignoring what Trump did in Georgia. Just open scumbaggery by Trump supporters to ignore what he did in Georgia.

This is just straight up political warfare by two parties that don't care about us much at all.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:58 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Rudy Guliani has been informed he will be a target of the Georgia election interference investigation. Lindsey Graham has been told he will be forced to testify in the probe as well. So it’s heating up .

Aseahawkfan wrote:Yep. That phone call was BS.

I know more than a few Republican/Trump voters with selective memory forgetting a Republican, that voted for Trump, in a state where the Governor Jack Kemp was pro-Trump and supported by Trump, told everyone about the phone call, released the phone call himself, because Brad Raffensperger was an honest man, a long-term Republican, a man that supported Trump, wasn't going to engage in underhanded lying tactics like Stacy Abrams accused the man of even when asked by his own party and coerced by Trump for not doing so. The man has integrity and conducts his job in a professional manner.

These same guys are trying to pretend that Brad Raffensperger isn't honest, isn't a Republican, and forget he told Trump no because of professional integrity and released the information because he thought what Trump was doing was dishonest, coercive, and illegal.

These same Republicans who claim they're decent people are ignoring what Trump did in Georgia. Just open scumbaggery by Trump supporters to ignore what he did in Georgia.

This is just straight up political warfare by two parties that don't care about us much at all.

I agree completely with Hawktawk about anyone besides a former POTUS serving time for what was on the phone call, and I'll add this: 20 years ago, before the promulgation of social media and the amount of disinformation that has been thrown around, even a former POTUS would have been serving time for the phone call. Heck, Richard Nixon's sins weren't anything compared to the blatant crimes that Trump committed, and he might have ended up in jail had Ford not pardoned him.

But as I keep saying, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of Trump being convicted let alone serve time. It doesn't matter how much or what they nail him with, his legal team can go into a 4 corner offense and drag it out into eternity, and even if he did come to trial, there is no way they can get 12 impartial jurors to convict him.

But it does make for some great entertainment, doesn't it?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:13 pm

RiverDog wrote:I agree completely with Hawktawk about anyone besides a former POTUS serving time for what was on the phone call, and I'll add this: 20 years ago, before the promulgation of social media and the amount of disinformation that has been thrown around, even a former POTUS would have been serving time for the phone call. Heck, Richard Nixon's sins weren't anything compared to the blatant crimes that Trump committed, and he might have ended up in jail had Ford not pardoned him.

But as I keep saying, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of Trump being convicted let alone serve time. It doesn't matter how much or what they nail him with, his legal team can go into a 4 corner offense and drag it out into eternity, and even if he did come to trial, there is no way they can get 12 impartial jurors to convict him.

But it does make for some great entertainment, doesn't it?

Not really. Knowing your country is deeply corrupt in both of its major political parties doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a well run government. Makes you feel like you live in a 3rd world banana republic with no real laws. You wonder how long the nation can maintain with such a corrupt government where politicians don't have to answer for criminal behavior in either party.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:29 pm

District of Corruption……
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:08 am

Whether Trump does time or not is not that important ti me, but all indications to me are that he’s heading to indictment along multiple fronts that are tightening around and cantering on one person, from the Jan 6 investigations, to the Trump Org investigation in NY, the election interference investigation in Georgia that Giuliani and Graham will be forced to testify under oath in, and the investigation in Mar-a-Lago. The fact Trump is threatening violence by offering to ‘help’ the DOJ ‘cool down’ the anger that he himself stoked sounds increasingly like a desperate mob boss. Im not sure the republican party will survive this dangerous clown.

I want to know who helped bring those boxes of classified documents ti Florida. There had ti be multiple people involved, including those whose job is to secure the facilities. The DOJ has indicated they have witnesses who are now cooperating.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:20 am

I-5 wrote:Whether Trump does time or not is not that important ti me, but all indications to me are that he’s heading to indictment along multiple fronts that are tightening around and cantering on one person, from the Jan 6 investigations, to the Trump Org investigation in NY, the election interference investigation in Georgia that Giuliani and Graham will be forced to testify under oath in, and the investigation in Mar-a-Lago. The fact Trump is threatening violence by offering to ‘help’ the DOJ ‘cool down’ the anger that he himself stoked sounds increasingly like a desperate mob boss. Im not sure the republican party will survive this dangerous clown.

I want to know who helped bring those boxes of classified documents ti Florida. There had ti be multiple people involved, including those whose job is to secure the facilities. The DOJ has indicated they have witnesses who are now cooperating.

Whether Trump does time is important to me. I'd love the satisfaction of seeing that SOB eating off a tin plate. I'm just being practical in my assessment of the possibility.

Trump is trying to have his cake and eat it, too. He knew damn good and well what MAGA'S reaction would be to his whining about being persecuted by the FBI, and now he's trying to play the role of peacemaker, look more reasonable and cooperative. In the meantime, FBI agents and other government personnel are having to deal with death threats.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 am

Oh, I want to see him locked up, too. But I don’t want to skip anything. First step is indictment, which logically is where Garland is going with witnesses and a grand jury. It’s fascinating to see how many rats are willing to go down with the ship, even when national security issues are at stake.
I-5
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:35 pm

Maybe we need a new poll asking which investigation will Trump be indicted for:

A) January 6 Violent Insurrection
B) Georgia State Elector Fraud Investigation
C) New York State Trump Org Tax and Wire Fraud Investigation
D) Florida Espionage Act Violation and other crimes Investigation

As the evidence in each piles up, we know Trump is going to throw someone under the bus for each crime. He already threw Ivanka under the bus for her Jan 6 testimony, and it's not hard to predict Giuliani is the next sacrificial lamb with Georgia, as well as the Trump Org CEO Weisselburg in New York. Who is he going to pin Mar-a-Lago on?
I-5
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:46 pm

I-5 wrote:Maybe we need a new poll asking which investigation will Trump be indicted for:

As the evidence in each piles up, we know Trump is going to throw someone under the bus for each crime. He already threw Ivanka under the bus for her Jan 6 testimony, and it's not hard to predict Giuliani is the next sacrificial lamb with Georgia, as well as the Trump Org CEO Weisselburg in New York. Who is he going to pin Mar-a-Lago on?

You mean which one he gets indicted for first.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:22 pm

I-5 wrote:Maybe we need a new poll asking which investigation will Trump be indicted for:

If you want to make that poll, go for it. All I care about is how he gets taken out and I don't care how it is done at this point. His tiresome ass has been playing games for too long. He just needs to go. Once he's done, I don't want to spend any more time on him.

I hope all the MAGA followers look in the mirror at some point and realize they were following like some sycophant some fat, rich, whining, spoiled, narcissistic asshole who didn't care about anything but himself.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:05 pm

I don't see MAGA disappearing, even after Trump dies. I wish it were that easy.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:15 pm

I-5 wrote:I don't see MAGA disappearing, even after Trump dies. I wish it were that easy.

The angry people won't disappear. They have real reasons to be angry. All I mean by MAGA is the Trump followers, not what they're necessarily standing up for at least some of them.

Right now Trump takes all the spotlight on fixing real issues off everyone and makes everything about him. The news cycle is constantly talking about this guy, over and over and over again. Is that good for a nation? Everything is Trump this and Trump that versus the Democrats and all they're doing. All I hear about is the Mar-A-Lago raid. This narcissistic piece of trash who cares only about himself is eating it up having the focus on him and staying relevant well beyond his time.

That will stop after Trump. His pathetic cult of personality will have to find a new person to glom over and at the moment I don't see anyone with Trump's ability or desire to twist the masses.

That is the part I want gone. I want to open a news site at some point and not having anything on it related to Trump or at the very least a tiny, meaningless story I can ignore.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:16 pm

I-5 wrote:I don't see MAGA disappearing, even after Trump dies. I wish it were that easy.

No, but without Trump to blow their whistle, they shouldn't be as much of a pain as they are today.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:The angry people won't disappear. They have real reasons to be angry. All I mean by MAGA is the Trump followers, not what they're necessarily standing up for at least some of them.

Right now Trump takes all the spotlight on fixing real issues off everyone and makes everything about him. The news cycle is constantly talking about this guy, over and over and over again. Is that good for a nation? Everything is Trump this and Trump that versus the Democrats and all they're doing. All I hear about is the Mar-A-Lago raid. This narcissistic piece of trash who cares only about himself is eating it up having the focus on him and staying relevant well beyond his time.

That will stop after Trump. His pathetic cult of personality will have to find a new person to glom over and at the moment I don't see anyone with Trump's ability or desire to twist the masses.

That is the part I want gone. I want to open a news site at some point and not having anything on it related to Trump or at the very least a tiny, meaningless story I can ignore.

I tend to agree.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:07 pm

Not to wish anything like this on the world, but what makes you guys think someone more clever than Trump won't grab the MAGA reins and take it even lower in terms of sowing chaos? Are we sure Trump is the bottom of the barrel?
I-5
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic