Breonna Taylor Case: New Charges

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Breonna Taylor Case: New Charges

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:33 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/08/04/breonna-taylor-charges-officers-louisville/10234390002/

Looks like Garland is filing additional charges of Civil Rights violations. I think the new information warrants charges. If the officer lied to obtain a no knock warrant and the other officers fired without verifying targets through a closed curtain in a panic, then he too should be charged. Police officers should very much obtain targets. Search warrants should not be given, especially no knock warrants on false evidence. If there is a cover up, the hammer needs to fall on the officers who orchestrated the false evidence and covered it up.

I think it is wise for the DoJ to step in with Civil Rights violations. Police should never forget they are expected to follow the Constitution like everyone else.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Breonna Taylor Case: New Charges

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:09 am

I agree. The Kentucky AG is a Trumper that refused to bring charges for political reasons. The only charge the grand jury was allowed to consider was reckless endangerment charges against an officer involved that wound up firing a couple rounds in the adjoining apartment. A gross miscarriage of justice that has until now gone unaddressed.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Breonna Taylor Case: New Charges

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am

Make it a threesome. The case sounded very fishy in the first place. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic