Say no Joe

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Say no Joe

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:03 am

Do not run . You’re the best chance Trump has. It’s painful watching you try to speak .

You’re too old . We need new blood in this country . Your comments about how it’s “ sick “ that semiautomatic weapons are available in America just makes the right wing go “ see!!!” And they are right . Every modern sidearm is a semi automatic .
Your handlers will clean it up saying it’s assault weapons you meant but damage done and it’s one of many examples including Gaffes and misstatements about critical foreign policy and defense agreements with Taiwan etc . I want clear headed clear speaking leaders and you don’t qualify . Don’t run .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Say no Joe

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Who else they got? Newsome? People barely like him in California.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:12 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Who else they got? Newsome? People barely like him in California.

Newsome would have more appeal nationally then his own state although he would likely win a primary in the state and easily win the general there . He’s a tall handsome well spoken guy who looks the part . Otherwise ? Kamala is in the witness protection program . Biden’s buried her. She seems light in the loafers too , a ditz. My dream would be Manchin on the dem side vs someone young dynamic and not MAGA on the right .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:45 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Do not run . You’re the best chance Trump has. It’s painful watching you try to speak .

You’re too old . We need new blood in this country . Your comments about how it’s “ sick “ that semiautomatic weapons are available in America just makes the right wing go “ see!!!” And they are right . Every modern sidearm is a semi automatic .
Your handlers will clean it up saying it’s assault weapons you meant but damage done and it’s one of many examples including Gaffes and misstatements about critical foreign policy and defense agreements with Taiwan etc . I want clear headed clear speaking leaders and you don’t qualify . Don’t run .

He would have been better off saying "semi-automatic rifles" instead; "assault weapons" is less inclusive.

Otherwise, I agree. I hate watching him go down mentally. He should be living out his remaining years in peace and quiet instead of what he's doing now. And Trump is too old, too. Age is likely not helping with his mind set.

We can do better. I hope we do.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Newsome would have more appeal nationally then his own state although he would likely win a primary in the state and easily win the general there . He’s a tall handsome well spoken guy who looks the part . Otherwise ? Kamala is in the witness protection program . Biden’s buried her. She seems light in the loafers too , a ditz. My dream would be Manchin on the dem side vs someone young dynamic and not MAGA on the right .

I've listened to and seen Newsome. That guy looks nothing like a president should look or sound. I don't think he would have a chance nationally. I don't even think he would make it out of the primaries. With his liberal record and almost recall vote, the Republicans would welcome Newsome as the candidate. It would be almost as bad a beating as when Mondale ran. The only Republican Newsome could beat is Dan Quayle if he ran for president. I doubt the Democrats ever choose Newsome. He has way too many easily smashed chinks in his armor.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:08 pm

As far as "looks or sounds" presidential I think the last Republican President removed that bar altogether.

I could see myself voting for Newsome but if we're going Dem Governors I kinda like Matt Bevin here in Kentucky, he's done quite a decent job considering he has an opposition supermajority to deal with. Not that I expect he'll run or anything.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:As far as "looks or sounds" presidential I think the last Republican President removed that bar altogether.

I could see myself voting for Newsome but if we're going Dem Governors I kinda like Matt Bevin here in Kentucky, he's done quite a decent job considering he has an opposition supermajority to deal with. Not that I expect he'll run or anything.

Newsome has nowhere near the ability to sway crowds as Trump. When I mean looks or sounds presidential, I mean his ability to appeal to the masses is non-existent. He's boring as hell like a thing you eat and forget about. He's like Walter Mondale in terms of personality.

Trump is pretty far from boring. That's why he won the presidency for four years. What he did after winning is a damn national shame. But he's not Newsome and Newsome could not go head to head with a Trump. He'd look like shabby towel to next to the entertaining narcissistic loon.

If the Democrats run against Trump, they're going to need someone that can stand up to his looney. Joe did that when he ran on top of his name recognition as Obama's VP. Joe's cranky old man temper was a benefit against a loon like Trump.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:34 am

California is a f-ed up state, and Gavin is part of that equation. Hostile business environment driving out companies, overtaxed people are leaving in droves, home to 1/5 of all the homeless people in the country. No way will I be voting for any candidate coming out of that state, unless the alternative is Trump.

Bided hasn't formally announced that he's running again, but he's given every indication that he will:

“Our intention is to run again,” Biden said. “That’s been our intention regardless of what the outcome of this (midterm) election was.

He's reportedly told Al Sharpton that he's running.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:39 am

RiverDog wrote:California is a f-ed up state, and Gavin is part of that equation. Hostile business environment driving out companies, overtaxed people are leaving in droves, home to 1/5 of all the homeless people in the country. No way will I be voting for any candidate coming out of that state, unless the alternative is Trump.

Bided hasn't formally announced that he's running again, but he's given every indication that he will:

“Our intention is to run again,” Biden said. “That’s been our intention regardless of what the outcome of this (midterm) election was.

He's reportedly told Al Sharpton that he's running.

Asked by a reporter whether he was running after his weekend retreat that was supposed to be a huddle to decide Biden replied not sure or words to that effect, the first time hes openly cast doubt on his running. Say no Joe. If you do your civic duty then step aside I think history might view you pretty kindly as a bridge over troubled waters. If you run at 82 and hand back the country to republicans not so much.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Asked by a reporter whether he was running after his weekend retreat that was supposed to be a huddle to decide Biden replied not sure or words to that effect, the first time hes openly cast doubt on his running. Say no Joe. If you do your civic duty then step aside I think history might view you pretty kindly as a bridge over troubled waters. If you run at 82 and hand back the country to republicans not so much.

No matter what else happens, I'll always be grateful to Biden for performing hemorrhoid surgery on the country by beating Trump. I don't have much confidence in the next generation of Dems. Biden might be the only Dem that can beat Trump, so if Trump gets the R nomination, we'd better be begging Biden to run again.

There have been a few positive economic signs with the Fed signaling that they might not be raising interest rates at the maximum .75%, that it might be just a half a point. Gas prices are down a bit, and the stock market has rebounded some. We'll see what kind of effect that has on Sleepy Joe's job approval rating.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:59 pm

RD, calling Biden sleepy Joe is a rude term that screams of Trump. I do agree that he is too old to run again. Although I have been impressed with a lot that he has accomplished. It will be extra challenging the next two years with the Qanon House of Representatives, though.

Hopefully the Democrats can put out a younger, progressive candidate that can rally the base. Kind of like Bernie did (and no he will be 85 and that ship has sailed). I think someone like Katie Porter or Gretchen Whitmer could be a great option. It does seem like a woman or person of color would be the best bet. And no HT, Joe Manchin would be a disaster! The left, especially the youth left voters, despise that guy.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:22 am

Stream Hawk wrote:RD, calling Biden sleepy Joe is a rude term that screams of Trump. I do agree that he is too old to run again. Although I have been impressed with a lot that he has accomplished. It will be extra challenging the next two years with the Qanon House of Representatives, though.

Hopefully the Democrats can put out a younger, progressive candidate that can rally the base. Kind of like Bernie did (and no he will be 85 and that ship has sailed). I think someone like Katie Porter or Gretchen Whitmer could be a great option. It does seem like a woman or person of color would be the best bet. And no HT, Joe Manchin would be a disaster! The left, especially the youth left voters, despise that guy.

Who??? Really, if not Biden then who do they run? The Dems have pigeon holed themselves a bit. Biden and Sanders won over 75% of the vote during the Primaries. Picking a running mate because she is a black woman and then not putting her up as the next in line for president is a bit hypocritical, right? Now you are going to pass over the black woman for who? Another white male? Obviously Biden is too old and Harris is not a strong candidate, the Dems don't even really like her so what do you do? I don't know if Porter is the answer she only was re-elected by a few thousand votes in 2022, she is actually losing a bit of momentum in her own district and she seems to be eyeing the senate not the presidency. It seems like a huge leap for her to make a run at the Oval Office. There have also been allegations of her making racist comments. Although things can change Whitmer has made it very clear that she isn't interested in running for president in 2024. No matter what Democrats say Harris is a big problem for them right now. The only way that they can save face if Biden doesn't run is for Harris to commit political suicide and publicly state that she doesn't want to run. If she doesn't do that how can the Democrats justify putting her up as Biden's running mate and then passing her over as the next presidential candidate. Honestly, if I had to guess, I think the only real option is to run Biden again.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:03 pm

As long as Scumbag Narcissist don't win, I don't care who runs.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:12 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:As long as Scumbag Narcissist don't win, I don't care who runs.

Yeah, that's going to be interesting. It really looks like he is losing momentum amongst most Republicans. The question is what will he do if he doesn't get the Republican nomination? Does he run as an independent? If so then it won't matter who the Dems put up.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:42 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:As long as Scumbag Narcissist don't win, I don't care who runs.

Exactly! I don't think the narcissist clown should legally be allowed to run!
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:RD, calling Biden sleepy Joe is a rude term that screams of Trump. I do agree that he is too old to run again. Although I have been impressed with a lot that he has accomplished. It will be extra challenging the next two years with the Qanon House of Representatives, though.

mykc14 wrote:Who??? Really, if not Biden then who do they run? The Dems have pigeon holed themselves a bit. Biden and Sanders won over 75% of the vote during the Primaries. Picking a running mate because she is a black woman and then not putting her up as the next in line for president is a bit hypocritical, right? Now you are going to pass over the black woman for who? Another white male? Obviously Biden is too old and Harris is not a strong candidate, the Dems don't even really like her so what do you do? I don't know if Porter is the answer she only was re-elected by a few thousand votes in 2022, she is actually losing a bit of momentum in her own district and she seems to be eyeing the senate not the presidency. It seems like a huge leap for her to make a run at the Oval Office. There have also been allegations of her making racist comments. Although things can change Whitmer has made it very clear that she isn't interested in running for president in 2024. No matter what Democrats say Harris is a big problem for them right now. The only way that they can save face if Biden doesn't run is for Harris to commit political suicide and publicly state that she doesn't want to run. If she doesn't do that how can the Democrats justify putting her up as Biden's running mate and then passing her over as the next presidential candidate. Honestly, if I had to guess, I think the only real option is to run Biden again.

With regards to my calling Biden "Sleepy Joe", the shoe fits. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I agree with mykc. If Biden doesn't run, there really isn't anyone out there ready to pick up the flag and challenge the R's. I can't see any in the progressive wing of the party that's electable. The country is still very conservative in general. IMO the only way the Dems hold onto the White House is if Biden runs for a 2nd term, and even then, it would depend on who the R's nominate.

The wild card would be Trump running as an independent. If he does that, then he'll split the conservative vote and guarantee the Democrats the election no matter who they trot out.

Speaking of Sleepy Joe, I see where they found another batch of classified documents at a 2nd location used by Biden. I can just see the R's in the House drooling to get started with an investigation.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:Exactly! I don't think the narcissist clown should legally be allowed to run!

The Constitution is very specific as to the qualifications necessary to be elected POTUS, and they include age (minimum 35 years old), country of birth (USA), residency (14 years in the US), and no more than two terms. Unless he were impeached, there is nothing preventing a convicted criminal from running for President. Trump could run for POTUS from his jail cell.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:53 pm

RiverDog wrote:The Constitution is very specific as to the qualifications necessary to be elected POTUS, and they include age (minimum 35 years old), country of birth (USA), residency (14 years in the US), and no more than two terms. Unless he were impeached, there is nothing preventing a convicted criminal from running for President. Trump could run for POTUS from his jail cell.

As long as that tiresome loon don't win, who cares where he runs from. I know that people I know are no longer enthusiastic about voting for him, even though they still don't admit how terrible a candidate he was and how much chaos and general vulgar and ridiculous behavior he exhibited.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:29 am

RiverDog wrote:The Constitution is very specific as to the qualifications necessary to be elected POTUS, and they include age (minimum 35 years old), country of birth (USA), residency (14 years in the US), and no more than two terms. Unless he were impeached, there is nothing preventing a convicted criminal from running for President. Trump could run for POTUS from his jail cell.

Aseahawkfan wrote:As long as that tiresome loon don't win, who cares where he runs from. I know that people I know are no longer enthusiastic about voting for him, even though they still don't admit how terrible a candidate he was and how much chaos and general vulgar and ridiculous behavior he exhibited.

Oh, I completely agree. I was simply making a point, that convicting Trump of a crime might have an effect on donors, party operatives, and voters, but it won't stop him from running, and in my opinion, it shouldn't, either. As voters, we should have the right to vote for whoever we damn well want to with very few limitations. I don't want some kangaroo court telling me who I can and can't vote for.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic