Trump Calls for the Suspension of the Constitution

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Trump Calls for the Suspension of the Constitution

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:35 am

I can't believe that anyone would continue to support Donald Trump after hearing his thoughts on the Constitution. This is simply unbelievable:

In Trump’s latest rant on Truth Social, he referred to himself wrongly as the “rightful winner” and called for his installation as leader of the free world.

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social. He further alleged that “Big Tech” was working closely with Democrats. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-demands-am ... 53288.html

This is going to put an immense amount of pressure on Republicans to come out and denounce Trump.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Trump Calls for the Suspension of the Constitution

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 am

The current crop of Republicans are predominantly cowards who will only denounce if it becomes politically expedient to do so. They punish those among them who actually do show some spine.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:27 am

c_hawkbob wrote:The current crop of Republicans are predominantly cowards who will only denounce if it becomes politically expedient to do so. They punish those among them who actually do show some spine.

Yep . I don’t pay any attention to what the idiot says anymore . I’m embarrassed for anyone still in the cult . Angry with them . MAGA my ass . This guy is one of the worst things ever to happen to America . Maybe when his idiot selection Walker gets smoked in Georgia the truth will become apparent . Trumps a loser for the party and for America and the world .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:39 pm

I still can't believe guys like Idhawkman still believe in this PoS. Just like the man himself, they can't admit they were wrong to support this joke of a president and his extreme attacks on the Constitution.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I still can't believe guys like Idhawkman still believe in this PoS. Just like the man himself, they can't admit they were wrong to support this joke of a president and his extreme attacks on the Constitution.

We haven't heard from Idahawkman since Trump made this statement, so I don't want to make any assumptions as to his current opinion. He can speak for himself if he ever comes back in here.

However, I suspect that it won't make a difference to the hard-core supporters. As I've said repeatedly, Trump could commit the most heinous of crimes and people will still support him. They can't even dismiss it as fake news as it came from Trump's own social media platform.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:49 am

Well Herschel Walker handed a 51-49 senate to the democrats in a tight contest in Georgia. As Trumps hand picked choice he made a fool out of himself, got out worked. Trump has hurt the party terribly. He is the one single reason they dont have the senate. BUt Ill give Mr walker some credit. He went to the podium and declared they had lost but that he believes in america and he believes in our "CONSTITUTION". So kudos for that.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:08 am

Biden/Fetterman 2024, Fetterman/AOC 2028. The way forward…..
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Well Herschel Walker handed a 51-49 senate to the democrats in a tight contest in Georgia. As Trumps hand picked choice he made a fool out of himself, got out worked. Trump has hurt the party terribly. He is the one single reason they dont have the senate. BUt Ill give Mr walker some credit. He went to the podium and declared they had lost but that he believes in america and he believes in our "CONSTITUTION". So kudos for that.

Once the Dems secured at least a 50/50 split, this race didn't attract the same sense of urgency that it would have if the balance of power in the Senate was at stake, and that might have hurt turnout for the R's. What it did was severely compromise the two moderate Dems, Manchin and Sinema, made it a little easier to get things through them. But it won't matter much with the R's in control of the House.

I am glad that Walker lost as it represented yet another Trump supported R that was rejected. It's been a bad couple of weeks for the "Orange Baboon". Perhaps Walker's loss will convince a few more R's to give up that POS.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:17 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Biden/Fetterman 2024, Fetterman/AOC 2028. The way forward…..

Or as an American, you could start taking a more active stand in who should and should not be president than making your choices some scumbag like Trump who causes chaos in the nation and engages in vile behavior to forward his agenda.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:19 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Biden/Fetterman 2024, Fetterman/AOC 2028. The way forward…..

Aseahawkfan wrote:Or as an American, you could start taking a more active stand in who should and should not be president than making your choices some scumbag like Trump who causes chaos in the nation and engages in vile behavior to forward his agenda.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that guy comes in here. All he does is throw out a sarcastic barb every now and then. He's not really interested in debating anything or holding an intelligent conversation, if he's even capable of one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:14 pm

I know there is no line left to be crossed but the FBI just turned over two more classified documents to the DOJ that Trump had stashed in a storage facility with some of his personal stuff ... he's probably got 'em hid all over the place. No link, Lester Holt just said it on the news.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:32 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I know there is no line left to be crossed but the FBI just turned over two more classified documents to the DOJ that Trump had stashed in a storage facility with some of his personal stuff ... he's probably got 'em hid all over the place. No link, Lester Holt just said it on the news.

I heard about that, too. If they didn't have enough on him already, it's hard to believe that this new discovery is going to change anything. What else can be more sensitive than nuclear weapons?

But what I wonder is what his motivation was? Did he plan on selling them? Using them as blackmail? Was there stuff in there that he didn't want disclosed? I haven't heard a lot of discussion on motive.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:57 am

RiverDog wrote:
Once the Dems secured at least a 50/50 split, this race didn't attract the same sense of urgency that it would have if the balance of power in the Senate was at stake, and that might have hurt turnout for the R's. What it did was severely compromise the two moderate Dems, Manchin and Sinema, made it a little easier to get things through them. But it won't matter much with the R's in control of the House.

I am glad that Walker lost as it represented yet another Trump supported R that was rejected. It's been a bad couple of weeks for the "Orange Baboon". Perhaps Walker's loss will convince a few more R's to give up that POS.

The race had tremendous urgency. Obama came to the state. Political heavyweights from both parties. Other than Trump who the Walker campaign asked to phone in an endorsement but not visit due to internal polls showing hes a drag when he shows up.
What it did for Dems for a few days was give them a little breathing room with Manchin and Sinema always bucking the party but then she registered as an independent. As a vote it doesn't change much but sure knocked the party morale down some.
Sinemas interesting, not sure why she's doing it right now. Perhaps she has ambitions beyond being a senator as well.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:45 pm

And Sam Brinton for Secretary of State….
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:51 am

RiverDog wrote:

Hawktawk wrote:The race had tremendous urgency. Obama came to the state. Political heavyweights from both parties. Other than Trump who the Walker campaign asked to phone in an endorsement but not visit due to internal polls showing hes a drag when he shows up.
What it did for Dems for a few days was give them a little breathing room with Manchin and Sinema always bucking the party but then she registered as an independent. As a vote it doesn't change much but sure knocked the party morale down some.
Sinemas interesting, not sure why she's doing it right now. Perhaps she has ambitions beyond being a senator as well.

Once the Dems secured their 50th seat, the GA Senate election had much less of a sense of urgency for Republican voters. It undoubtedly hurt turnout, at least for R voters, many of whom may have had reservations with Walker but were willing to vote for him if it meant control of the Senate.

As far as what Simena is doing, the speculation is that she's ducking what would be a rough primary fight in 2024. She's never been a loyal Democrat, has always been an independent, starting out her political career as a Green Party activist and first campaigned as an independent. She joined the Democrats as it was politically expedient for her, the only way she could get elected, at least at the time. Arizona is a purple state and with one of the largest percentages of registered independent voters, and that percentage is growing, both in Arizona as well as nation wide. She's simply getting ahead of the curve by ditching the Democrats and officially calling herself an independent.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:02 am

Anyone who moves to the center has my support . I like her . I like Manchin and he is the next rumored independent . John Tester out of Montana had voted against Biden more often then Sinema and is another to watch . It’s cool by me . If we are ever going to reach the dream of an independent party and president it’s a start .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic