Trump in a tailspin

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Trump in a tailspin

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:10 am

NorthHawk wrote:On the other side of the coin can you let a former President who tried to overthrow a legal and fair election go free?
That precedent would mean any following President could do just about anything and get away with it. Massive corruption at that level means a banana republic as well.
It's a tough spot to be in for the Justice Dept and the results of their decisions will have big implications however it turns out. A true double edged sword.

Trump is an anomaly, a perfect storm of money combined with an acute personality disorder that's very unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. I'm not too worried about some future politician deciding to do something because Trump got away unpunished.

There were a lot of people that were noting how many people were in jail, or in the case of the military, court martialed, for doing some of the things that Clinton did while he was in office. Back in the 90's, I used to play racquetball with a retired Air Force colonel who told me of an incident where a female Air Force major was court martialed for having consensual sex with a married enlisted man, part of the rationale being that the behavior subjects them to blackmail.

Why shouldn't we have pursued Clinton and jailed him for perjury after he left office? If you or I told a provable lie under oath in a court of law, do you think that we wouldn't have been punished?

The precedent I don't want to set is pursuing former Presidents after they leave office. President Ford was right to have pardoned Nixon even though it arguably cost him an election. Public rejection and a permanent stain on their legacy, or in Clinton's case, a permanent stain on a blue dress, is enough of a punishment.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:Trump is an anomaly, a perfect storm of money combined with an acute personality disorder that's very unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. I'm not too worried about some future politician deciding to do something because Trump got away unpunished.

There were a lot of people that were noting how many people were in jail, or in the case of the military, court martialed, for doing some of the things that Clinton did while he was in office. Back in the 90's, I used to play racquetball with a retired Air Force colonel who told me of an incident where a female Air Force major was court martialed for having consensual sex with a married enlisted man, part of the rationale being that the behavior subjects them to blackmail.

Why shouldn't we have pursued Clinton and jailed him for perjury after he left office? If you or I told a provable lie under oath in a court of law, do you think that we wouldn't have been punished?

The precedent I don't want to set is pursuing former Presidents after they leave office. President Ford was right to have pardoned Nixon even though it arguably cost him an election. Public rejection and a permanent stain on their legacy, or in Clinton's case, a permanent stain on a blue dress, is enough of a punishment.

Clinton had a lot of stuff going on that doesn't get publicized much.

I didn't know Haitians had a problem with Clinton until I worked with a Haitian woman who said in Haiti the Clintons are viewed as corrupt and have a lot of friends and assets they make money from under the guise of charity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

Bosnians also don't care for the Clintons:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/26/srebrenica-bill-clinton-bosnia-appeasement-documents

The Somalis don't like the Clintons either as his foreign policy decisions led to the destabilization of Somalia.

We would jail a lot of presidents if we looked at what they do too closely, which is why it's probably not good to start that. I can't think of many presidents in our lifetime that did not have something dirty associated with them and borderline legal at best.

Trump's biggest problem is he was an idiot who didn't hide what he was doing. He made no effort at all to keep things he was doing quiet from the people like every single politician knows to do. He was loud and obnoxious. Like a stupid vulgar uncle who showed up at the country club but didn't know how to act and thought he was so rich and untouchable he didn't have to learn. You can dig and find tons of dirty on presidents and politicians. But Trump left all his trash in his yard for all to see. Then he threw a tantrum at the end and brought a bunch of his plebe followers to the White House to cause problems. So the country club politicians want to make sure to throw him out, while not screwing up their party.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:45 am

RiverDog wrote:Trump is an anomaly, a perfect storm of money combined with an acute personality disorder that's very unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. I'm not too worried about some future politician deciding to do something because Trump got away unpunished.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Clinton had a lot of stuff going on that doesn't get publicized much.

I didn't know Haitians had a problem with Clinton until I worked with a Haitian woman who said in Haiti the Clintons are viewed as corrupt and have a lot of friends and assets they make money from under the guise of charity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

Bosnians also don't care for the Clintons:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/26/srebrenica-bill-clinton-bosnia-appeasement-documents

The Somalis don't like the Clintons either as his foreign policy decisions led to the destabilization of Somalia.

We would jail a lot of presidents if we looked at what they do too closely, which is why it's probably not good to start that. I can't think of many presidents in our lifetime that did not have something dirty associated with them and borderline legal at best.

Trump's biggest problem is he was an idiot who didn't hide what he was doing. He made no effort at all to keep things he was doing quiet from the people like every single politician knows to do. He was loud and obnoxious. Like a stupid vulgar uncle who showed up at the country club but didn't know how to act and thought he was so rich and untouchable he didn't have to learn. You can dig and find tons of dirty on presidents and politicians. But Trump left all his trash in his yard for all to see. Then he threw a tantrum at the end and brought a bunch of his plebe followers to the White House to cause problems. So the country club politicians want to make sure to throw him out, while not screwing up their party.

I saw/read about an incident where in JFK's first campaign for Congress in 1946 that his old man, just a few days before the election, paid a guy with the same first and last name as his opponent to register to run for the office, splitting the vote due to confusion as to which candidate was which. They could never prove it.

JFK ran against a candidate named Joe Russo, and Russo claims that Joseph Kennedy deliberately split his votes. Allegedly, Kennedy paid a custodian whose name was also Joe Russo to run in the election. Voters, Kennedy hoped, would get confused about which Russo was which, and he’d split his votes in half.

https://listverse.com/2017/01/11/10-ter ... ks-father/

Lots of rumors about some of Lyndon Johnson's campaigns, too. Cheating and corruption in American politics is not exclusively a 21st century phenomena.

But that's quite a bit different from the type of behavior Trump has engaged in. Pick any previous POTUS and Trump is many times more corrupt.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:41 am

But that's quite a bit different from the type of behavior Trump has engaged in. Pick any previous POTUS and Trump is many times more corrupt

Exactly. Which is why I really don't understand the need to try to normalize trumps behavior by implying "they all did this". No they didn't, not by orders of magnitude. Trump needs to be being bars, if only for a week, if for no other reason than a deterrent for future Despot minded candidates.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:10 am

RiverDog wrote:But that's quite a bit different from the type of behavior Trump has engaged in. Pick any previous POTUS and Trump is many times more corrupt

c_hawkbob wrote:Exactly. Which is why I really don't understand the need to try to normalize trumps behavior by implying "they all did this". No they didn't, not by orders of magnitude. Trump needs to be being bars, if only for a week, if for no other reason than a deterrent for future Despot minded candidates.

The fact that Trump is so much more corrupt than any previous POTUS is solid evidence that he's an anomaly that is very unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. Trump was a perfect storm, the combination of a person with an acute narcissistic personality disorder and billions of dollars. Even if one did happen to come along, Trump's going to jail isn't going to make them say to themselves "Hmm. Trump went to prison for what I'm thinking, so maybe I'd better not do it." If they're that mentally off the rails, a former POTUS spending some time behind bars isn't going to stop them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:43 am

Evidently we just disagree. I think there are plenty of idiots out there looking to see just how much of this he gets away with in order to determine their course going forward.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:10 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Evidently we just disagree. I think there are plenty of idiots out there looking to see just how much of this he gets away with in order to determine their course going forward.

Idiots with $3 billion? I don't think so.

Adjusted for inflation, Donald Trump is BY FAR the richest person ever to have been elected POTUS, and it was a huge factor in his success. No one is going to snuggle up to a narcissist with the financial resources of a Harry Truman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... _net_worth
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:59 pm

RiverDog wrote:I saw/read about an incident where in JFK's first campaign for Congress in 1946 that his old man, just a few days before the election, paid a guy with the same first and last name as his opponent to register to run for the office, splitting the vote due to confusion as to which candidate was which. They could never prove it.

JFK ran against a candidate named Joe Russo, and Russo claims that Joseph Kennedy deliberately split his votes. Allegedly, Kennedy paid a custodian whose name was also Joe Russo to run in the election. Voters, Kennedy hoped, would get confused about which Russo was which, and he’d split his votes in half.

https://listverse.com/2017/01/11/10-ter ... ks-father/

Lots of rumors about some of Lyndon Johnson's campaigns, too. Cheating and corruption in American politics is not exclusively a 21st century phenomena.

But that's quite a bit different from the type of behavior Trump has engaged in. Pick any previous POTUS and Trump is many times more corrupt.

I don't know why you think this and I can only surmise that your views on certain actions taken are that they are ok, you and c-bob. When one looks at the actions of presidents, Trump was a vulgar, lying man. He slept around. He didn't do the face man well. He caused general chaos in the nation.

But some of what presidents have done is far more dangerous and evil and doing it with a nice face doesn't make it otherwise. To me what Trump has done is more a matter of visibility than effect.

Some examples of what presidents have done:

1. Harry Truman dropped two nuclear bombs which led to the mass murder of 200,000 plus people, many of them non-military personnel. But we re-write history to make it seem like this justified, when it was the naked use of a new weapon that wasn't targetable.

2. Reagan and Bush Sr. had the Iran-Contra situation and a war between Iran and Iraq orchestrated by us that killed a million people.

3. Bill Clinton made a deal with the Serbs after they murdered 10,000 Bosnians during a genocide, lied on the witness stand, and was accused of making deals with the Chinese for election support.

4. Bush Jr. was viewed as a war criminal by the left who also started two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that led to hundreds of thousands of deaths under the guise of what the left considers a lie.

To me Trump's biggest crime was having no idea how to keep what he was doing quiet. As far as the cruel things presidents in American history have done, he's pretty low on the list. He's hardly what I look at as the most corrupt president in history. It's more a matter of how you view what particular presidents did on the moral scale and to me Trump hasn't been more corrupt than past presidents, mostly low-grade venal, selfish behavior, and just a stupid person that doesn't know how to handle power.

If you want to include Trump's terrible handling of the pandemic, I imagine he can make the list. But even his handling of the pandemic was more due to his stupid and selfish behavior. Trump did allow his followers to push an anti-vaccine stance while doing nothing to halt it. So you could try to attribute a portion of the death to Trump's direct action.

My criteria for serious corrupt and evil behavior isn't fooled by putting a nice face on, while your murdering or doing something that leads to mass murder or tolerating mass murder without a good cause or reason. There is a lot of behavior Americans shouldn't have allowed to become a normal part of the presidency, but they have allowed it and Trump's biggest crime is not keeping his trash behavior from the view of the people. He let all his garbage hang out and didn't care.

If the American people had made sure that kind of behavior wasn't tolerated in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion. But we the American people have allowed a massive amount of latitude for presidents to do their job including behavior that is ethically questionable. So when Trump comes along and shoves all this in our face, then we direct our hate at him when we the American people have set ourselves up for this type of leader and put the allowances for the president and politicians in general in place.

This is why I think of you and c-bob as not being particularly aware of history or having a moral scale that seems to put mass murder and engaging in cruel nation building practices like supplying dictators with military and financial support to oppress their people as low on the corrupt scale and putting acting like a vulgar, ass narcissist as higher on the corrupt scale. Even election tampering like he was doing was done by Hilary Clinton, documented that she torpedoed Bernie Sanders in the primaries and somehow Trump is more corrupt? I don't get it.

I want Trump out of power because he doesn't know how to handle power. As far as his corrupt actions, his election lies that led to January 6th and his handling of the pandemic are probably the worst of his actions. To me Trump is a man that acts like a tantrum throwing little boy who doesn't understand how Washington D.C. works and the chaos he spreads is unwelcome. You never let the political fights in D.C. leak out to the American people or cause a disruption in the nation. That's just not tolerated in either party. That's why Trump has to go.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't know why you think this and I can only surmise that your views on certain actions taken are that they are ok, you and c-bob. When one looks at the actions of presidents, Trump was a vulgar, lying man. He slept around. He didn't do the face man well. He caused general chaos in the nation.

But some of what presidents have done is far more dangerous and evil and doing it with a nice face doesn't make it otherwise. To me what Trump has done is more a matter of visibility than effect.

Some examples of what presidents have done:

1. Harry Truman dropped two nuclear bombs which led to the mass murder of 200,000 plus people, many of them non-military personnel. But we re-write history to make it seem like this justified, when it was the naked use of a new weapon that wasn't targetable.

Don't even go there. Truman was being told by his advisors to expect a million US casualties had we taken the only other action that would have resulted in an unconditional surrender, ie a full-scale land invasion of the home islands, and that doesn't include the tens of millions of Japanese that would have been killed. And even had the American people accepted a negotiated peace, something that the country was not prepared to accept, there is no doubt that the Soviets would have been in on the deal, too, as we would have needed their help in conquering the country. We would have ended up with another Germany or Korea, with a North Japan and South Japan.

Six months before we dropped the A-bombs, in one air raid on one night, we killed over 100,000 Japanese plus a million of them left homeless, but it had zero effect on the Japanese government's willingness to surrender. They needed to be shocked. It was the only way to end the war and spare us from what could have been several more years of bloodshed.

Plus had Truman not dropped the bomb and it was later revealed that he had such a weapon that could end the war but refused to use it, he would have been impeached. My parents, uncles and aunts, and many other friends of mine were very much alive during that period of time, and each of them to a person said that Truman had no other choice. I never heard one person from my parent's generation argue against dropping the bomb. To say otherwise is engaging in 20/20 hindsight on an event that neither you nor I were around to experience.

In August of 1945, the world was introduced to the horrors of nuclear war, and motivated to do everything to avoid it, and indeed, we have yet to be engaged in a war on anywhere near the scale of the first two world wars. The world would have been a much different place had Hiroshima not happened.

I'll let you slide on your other arguments as they are a lot more controversial, but this one was the most egregiously false statement that you've made in a long time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:55 pm

RiverDog wrote:Don't even go there. Truman was being told by his advisors to expect a million US casualties had we taken the only other action that would have resulted in an unconditional surrender, ie a full-scale land invasion of the home islands, and that doesn't include the tens of millions of Japanese that would have been killed. And even had the American people accepted a negotiated peace, something that the country was not prepared to accept, there is no doubt that the Soviets would have been in on the deal, too, as we would have needed their help in conquering the country. We would have ended up with another Germany or Korea, with a North Japan and South Japan.

Six months before we dropped the A-bombs, in one air raid on one night, we killed over 100,000 Japanese plus a million of them left homeless, but it had zero effect on the Japanese government's willingness to surrender. They needed to be shocked. It was the only way to end the war and spare us from what could have been several more years of bloodshed.

Plus had Truman not dropped the bomb and it was later revealed that he had such a weapon that could end the war but refused to use it, he would have been impeached. My parents, uncles and aunts, and many other friends of mine were very much alive during that period of time, and each of them to a person said that Truman had no other choice. I never heard one person from my parent's generation argue against dropping the bomb. To say otherwise is engaging in 20/20 hindsight on an event that neither you nor I were around to experience.

In August of 1945, the world was introduced to the horrors of nuclear war, and motivated to do everything to avoid it, and indeed, we have yet to be engaged in a war on anywhere near the scale of the first two world wars. The world would have been a much different place had Hiroshima not happened.

I'll let you slide on your other arguments as they are a lot more controversial, but this one was the most egregiously false statement that you've made in a long time.

It's hardly a false statement. It was done by Truman signing the order. If the Nazis or Japan had dropped such weapons on America, my goodness would we have painted them as evil and corrupt.

We knew what we were doing. Our moral scales differ. Dropping atomic bombs, a new made weapon, you knew would kill innocent civilians and wasn't targetable is a corrupt act. It is mass murder. So is the use of carpet bombing, poison gas, and all the other weapons for mass killing. Killing a 100,000 Japanese during normal bombing operations is just more of an example of far more corrupt behavior than Trump was ever able to do. I know of the fire bombing of Japan you're talking about prior. Just another on the corrupt and evil scale Trump can't come close to matching.

I'm not arguing about the Japanese government. They were equally corrupt and evil in their actions with little regard for their people. The power groups in Japan and America were at war and all they cared about was winning. That's war. That's how it works while all of us plebes get caught in the middle.

What I'm saying is you want to say Trump is the most corrupt president in history. I'm saying your scale for corruption is strange to me. Trump may have done what other presidents have done or worse in a similar circumstances, but he wasn't in those circumstances. So he didn't get the chance. Most of what Trump did was minor on the corruption or evil scale.

Trump's biggest crime wasn't his actions compared to other presidents which is a tiresome argument, it was letting the people look behind the curtain. I wish I could alter time just to show everyone calling Trump the "most corrupt president" what would have happened if Trump had been smart enough to hold power in D.C. If he had put on the smiling face of a politician while doing the things he did and not argued with the press. I would bet everything I have right now Trump could have done exactly what he was doing and we would have barely heard about it because things like Trump does happen all the time in D.C. Election rigging, making calls to foreign leaders, receiving diplomats and lobbyists from other nations, lying, and the like. Business as usual in D.C. As long as as the American people don't hear about it or don't do anything about it, then it's all fair game.

What is your standard for corrupt and evil behavior? Where is the line drawn?

I know with absolute certainty that if I had been Truman and had to sign the order to drop the nuclear weapons knowing what they were, I would not have done it. Then again I wouldn't even be carpet bombing. Mass murdering innocent people is amoral, corrupt, and evil. And yet we human beings in competition with each other for power have allowed all of this to become normal while coming up with weak justifications for tolerating it. It really comes down to very powerful people in various nations developing weapons to control and take from each other. It's corrupt, amoral, and evil. Yet we still do it and still allow it.

I already know you and c-bob will just make excuse after excuse as to why "Trump is the worst and most corrupt." But I know that isn't true and is just a BS smoke show as each voter wants to justify their vote and position with some excuses for their viewpoint.

I know why I want Trump out. It has little to do with his level of corruption which I don't consider in the discussion as to lead a nation is to embrace that you will do unethical, amoral, immoral, and evil actions to maintain your nation's power. It is part of the job. To what degree will depend on the circumstances during your time in office and what kind of nation exists at the time or power groups are pulling the strings.

My reasons for wanting Trump out are more as follows:

Trump mishandled power. He crapped the bed in the backyard and let his messy stink out. He caused chaos in America which none of us want. His words and actions were directly responsible for the mishandling of a pandemic and causing a riot that led to an attack on our Capitol. He was stupid, vulgar, and is unfit to hold power. However they get rid of him whether Trumping up some charges and sticking them to him or just losing his support I am fine with.

But as far how I view his actions on the magic "evil or corruption" scale, pretty minor compared to many presidents. Not much of a motivator for me. I've read presidents doing worse than Trump. I will always judge mass murder even during war as far worse. I understand war as competition between human power groups, but I never view it as anything other than it is: corrupt, evil, and driven by power mad people willing to build and use weapons that treat humans like lawnmowers treat blades of grass. I don't like it. It's evil and vile. Those that engage in it are much higher on the corruption and evil scale than Trump who is just too stupid, chaotic, and selfish to hold office.

That is how I view it. I have for some time. I have never been bothered by Trump's levels of corruption as they seem pretty standard to me. His problem was not managing power well. Too easily baited into foolish arguments, too chaotic with his use of the bully pulpit, too uncontrolled to run a nation, especially one with America's power and standing in the world.

That's my beef with Trump. Not his corruption level or what not. Trump's a minor, petty guy. When historians look back as his presidency, he'll be small potatoes whether the level of corruption or evil he did or his effect on America long-term.

I'll leave it there as I already this debate is a path to nowhere where we'll go back and forth on the same points.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:49 pm

RiverDog wrote:Don't even go there. Truman was being told by his advisors to expect a million US casualties had we taken the only other action that would have resulted in an unconditional surrender, ie a full-scale land invasion of the home islands, and that doesn't include the tens of millions of Japanese that would have been killed. And even had the American people accepted a negotiated peace, something that the country was not prepared to accept, there is no doubt that the Soviets would have been in on the deal, too, as we would have needed their help in conquering the country. We would have ended up with another Germany or Korea, with a North Japan and South Japan.

Aseahawkfan wrote:It's hardly a false statement. It was done by Truman signing the order. If the Nazis or Japan had dropped such weapons on America, my goodness would we have painted them as evil and corrupt.

We knew what we were doing. Our moral scales differ. Dropping atomic bombs, a new made weapon, you knew would kill innocent civilians and wasn't targetable is a corrupt act. It is mass murder. So is the use of carpet bombing, poison gas, and all the other weapons for mass killing. Killing a 100,000 Japanese during normal bombing operations is just more of an example of far more corrupt behavior than Trump was ever able to do. I know of the fire bombing of Japan you're talking about prior. Just another on the corrupt and evil scale Trump can't come close to matching.

I'm not arguing about the Japanese government. They were equally corrupt and evil in their actions with little regard for their people. The power groups in Japan and America were at war and all they cared about was winning. That's war. That's how it works while all of us plebes get caught in the middle.

The decision to drop the bomb had very little to do with morals. It was business-like, which course of action would cost fewer lives and bring a quicker end to the war. Roosevelt would have dropped the bomb, too. He knew exactly what it was about, what its potential was. Any American politician of the era, with the possible exception of Ike, who was a general and not a pol at the time, would have made the same decision. This was not a decision made by an immoral, corrupt POTUS.

It was all out war. Both sides committed atrocities. Ever hear of the Rape of Nanking or the Battan Death March? The Japan was the aggressor nation, first in going to war against China and later when they attacked Pearl Harbor. At the time of the atomic bombing, nearly every military target had already been attacked and destroyed. They were so utterly destroyed that LeMay stripped B-29's of their defensive machine guns because the Japanese air force had already been destroyed and there was no threat to defend against. Their naval ships had all been sunk, their industries flattened. The reason Ike was against dropping the bomb was because he said that they were already beaten, and from a military standpoint, he was right. Yet they still refused to surrender. Killing 100,000 in one night, more than was killed at Hiroshima in the initial blast, wasn't enough to make them surrender. Had it not been for the emperor addressing the nation and telling them that the war was over, they wouldn't have surrendered even after the bombs had been dropped.

Aseahawkfan wrote:What I'm saying is you want to say Trump is the most corrupt president in history. I'm saying your scale for corruption is strange to me. Trump may have done what other presidents have done or worse in a similar circumstances, but he wasn't in those circumstances. So he didn't get the chance. Most of what Trump did was minor on the corruption or evil scale.

Trump's biggest crime wasn't his actions compared to other presidents which is a tiresome argument, it was letting the people look behind the curtain. I wish I could alter time just to show everyone calling Trump the "most corrupt president" what would have happened if Trump had been smart enough to hold power in D.C. If he had put on the smiling face of a politician while doing the things he did and not argued with the press. I would bet everything I have right now Trump could have done exactly what he was doing and we would have barely heard about it because things like Trump does happen all the time in D.C. Election rigging, making calls to foreign leaders, receiving diplomats and lobbyists from other nations, lying, and the like. Business as usual in D.C. As long as as the American people don't hear about it or don't do anything about it, then it's all fair game.

What is your standard for corrupt and evil behavior? Where is the line drawn?

I know with absolute certainty that if I had been Truman and had to sign the order to drop the nuclear weapons knowing what they were, I would not have done it. Then again I wouldn't even be carpet bombing. Mass murdering innocent people is amoral, corrupt, and evil. And yet we human beings in competition with each other for power have allowed all of this to become normal while coming up with weak justifications for tolerating it. It really comes down to very powerful people in various nations developing weapons to control and take from each other. It's corrupt, amoral, and evil. Yet we still do it and still allow it.

I already know you and c-bob will just make excuse after excuse as to why "Trump is the worst and most corrupt." But I know that isn't true and is just a BS smoke show as each voter wants to justify their vote and position with some excuses for their viewpoint.

I know why I want Trump out. It has little to do with his level of corruption which I don't consider in the discussion as to lead a nation is to embrace that you will do unethical, amoral, immoral, and evil actions to maintain your nation's power. It is part of the job. To what degree will depend on the circumstances during your time in office and what kind of nation exists at the time or power groups are pulling the strings.

My reasons for wanting Trump out are more as follows:

Trump mishandled power. He crapped the bed in the backyard and let his messy stink out. He caused chaos in America which none of us want. His words and actions were directly responsible for the mishandling of a pandemic and causing a riot that led to an attack on our Capitol. He was stupid, vulgar, and is unfit to hold power. However they get rid of him whether Trumping up some charges and sticking them to him or just losing his support I am fine with.

But as far how I view his actions on the magic "evil or corruption" scale, pretty minor compared to many presidents. Not much of a motivator for me. I've read presidents doing worse than Trump. I will always judge mass murder even during war as far worse. I understand war as competition between human power groups, but I never view it as anything other than it is: corrupt, evil, and driven by power mad people willing to build and use weapons that treat humans like lawnmowers treat blades of grass. I don't like it. It's evil and vile. Those that engage in it are much higher on the corruption and evil scale than Trump who is just too stupid, chaotic, and selfish to hold office.

That is how I view it. I have for some time. I have never been bothered by Trump's levels of corruption as they seem pretty standard to me. His problem was not managing power well. Too easily baited into foolish arguments, too chaotic with his use of the bully pulpit, too uncontrolled to run a nation, especially one with America's power and standing in the world.

That's my beef with Trump. Not his corruption level or what not. Trump's a minor, petty guy. When historians look back as his presidency, he'll be small potatoes whether the level of corruption or evil he did or his effect on America long-term.

I'll leave it there as I already this debate is a path to nowhere where we'll go back and forth on the same points.

I didn't call Trump evil. Corrupt, yes, but not evil. He is also a moron and is mentally unfit. I wouldn't hire him to manage a whorehouse. He's the worst President that we've ever had. Period.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:17 am

To Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nuclear weapons were indeed the most horrific weapons ever implemented, but a significant portion of Japanese leadership did not want to surrender. Indeed, even when their announcement to the populace was about to come, there was an attempted coup to stop it. I don't know if I'd call those bombings corrupt, but WWII saw two regimes that sought domination through conquest coupled with a callous disregard for the lives of the conquered. The bombing offensive in Europe and the bombing offensive, commerce raiding, and naval blockade of Japan in the Pacific caused huge suffering of the populace, but, in a total war, especially against totalitarian regimes, the ability for those nation to make war has to be stomped out completely. The flow of resources, the manufacture and refining of the resources into war-making equipment and supplies, and the will of the people to support the war effort all become targets (the last is most unfortunate as the populace is likely forced to work). I don't like the atomic bombs any more than I like mining harbors and fire-bombing cities to snuff out the cottage war industry (and taking civilians with it) or having millions perish through conventional land warfare. The real corrupt criminals in that equation are the regimes that refused to call it quits before it really got bad for their people.

As for Trump, most corrupt is debatable given we don't know everything that every president in history has done behind closed doors, but he makes the hall of fame for sure.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:01 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:To Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nuclear weapons were indeed the most horrific weapons ever implemented, but a significant portion of Japanese leadership did not want to surrender. Indeed, even when their announcement to the populace was about to come, there was an attempted coup to stop it. I don't know if I'd call those bombings corrupt, but WWII saw two regimes that sought domination through conquest coupled with a callous disregard for the lives of the conquered. The bombing offensive in Europe and the bombing offensive, commerce raiding, and naval blockade of Japan in the Pacific caused huge suffering of the populace, but, in a total war, especially against totalitarian regimes, the ability for those nation to make war has to be stomped out completely. The flow of resources, the manufacture and refining of the resources into war-making equipment and supplies, and the will of the people to support the war effort all become targets (the last is most unfortunate as the populace is likely forced to work). I don't like the atomic bombs any more than I like mining harbors and fire-bombing cities to snuff out the cottage war industry (and taking civilians with it) or having millions perish through conventional land warfare. The real corrupt criminals in that equation are the regimes that refused to call it quits before it really got bad for their people.

As for Trump, most corrupt is debatable given we don't know everything that every president in history has done behind closed doors, but he makes the hall of fame for sure.

Excellent post, Mack, and I agree completely with your assessment of the A-bomb decision and your summation of the war and warfare in general.

One of the reasons Hiroshima was chosen as a target was because it was relatively untouched during the war as it had almost no military assets. It was important to show to the Japanese what would happen to the rest of their country if they refused to surrender, and they wouldn't be able to achieve the necessary shock value by using it on a city that had already been leveled, so they needed a relatively pristine city as their first target. They also needed an accurate BDA, or battle damage assessment, so they could figure out just how powerful of a weapon they possessed. That sounds as inhumane and "evil" as all get out, but it was important information that the military had to have, both in their prosecution of the current war as well as any future wars that they would be asked to fight.

And on a personal note: I am going on a tour of Japan this coming March, which includes a trip to Hiroshima. I have two friends from high school, Japanese exchange students, that are living in Tokyo that I'll pay a visit to and who will give me a tour of the city.

With regard to your statement about Trump, what you say is true, we don't know everything about every president. However, if a former president was anywhere near as corrupt as Trump was/is, there is no way that they could have kept something that big a secret for so long. For example, it's an established fact that Trump tried to coerce an elected official to overturn an election by "finding" votes, and he tried to bribe a head of state to find dirt on a political opponent. Although there are similarities, like Nixon and his attempt to use the CIA and FBI to help him maintain power, and JFK and LBJ's ascension to power, there is nothing anywhere close to that level of corruption by a former POTUS in the history of the country. If there was, it would have been like trying to hide an elephant in a telephone booth.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:29 am

Trump is indeed evil . An evil man who perpetrated evil to stay in power , to line his pockets , to destroy the Americans faith in democracy . It’s a separate issued from official duties and commands by the President that he believed were pro America .
But the worm has turned now as Trumps buddy from day one putin has said America already used Nuclear weapons so why can’t they ?
It’s a dangerous world made who knows more dangerous by 4 years of a blackmailed idiot presidents acquiescence .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:19 pm

The decision to drop the bomb had very little to do with morals. It was business-like, which course of action would cost fewer lives and bring a quicker end to the war. Roosevelt would have dropped the bomb, too. He knew exactly what it was about, what its potential was. Any American politician of the era, with the possible exception of Ike, who was a general and not a pol at the time, would have made the same decision. This was not a decision made by an immoral, corrupt POTUS.

It was all out war. Both sides committed atrocities. Ever hear of the Rape of Nanking or the Battan Death March? The Japan was the aggressor nation, first in going to war against China and later when they attacked Pearl Harbor. At the time of the atomic bombing, nearly every military target had already been attacked and destroyed. They were so utterly destroyed that LeMay stripped B-29's of their defensive machine guns because the Japanese air force had already been destroyed and there was no threat to defend against. Their naval ships had all been sunk, their industries flattened. The reason Ike was against dropping the bomb was because he said that they were already beaten, and from a military standpoint, he was right. Yet they still refused to surrender. Killing 100,000 in one night, more than was killed at Hiroshima in the initial blast, wasn't enough to make them surrender. Had it not been for the emperor addressing the nation and telling them that the war was over, they wouldn't have surrendered even after the bombs had been dropped.

The problem with History is we tend to look at it through a modern lens.
At the time as state it was all out war and the Japanese of the day were not inclined to surrender without conditions, one of which was to keep their Armed forces or what was left of it and keep their political structure intact.
This wasn't going to happen from the Allies pov because it would lead to another war later on.
With the battles for the exterior islands of Japan, it was shown the depths of devotion and willingness to fight to the death of not only the soldiers of the day but of the civilians - or the suicide if no other choice.
So part of the calculus was that an invasion of the Japanese home Islands would have to occur and the estimates of the time would have meant around a million American soldiers lives - and success wasn't guaranteed.
Obviously the politicians of the day had to make a decision. Surrender without conditions was not going to be acceptable by the Japanese and surrender with conditions wasn't going to be acceptable by America.
Therefor the choices were to attack and continue the war for many years and lose a million soldiers or demonstrate the power of the new weapon.
From a political and military perspective the choice was clear and although it might have been difficult to sign off on it knowing the expected results, the duty to their own people was paramount.
At the time, with the information they had, no other decision could really be justified.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:22 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Trump is indeed evil . An evil man who perpetrated evil to stay in power , to line his pockets , to destroy the Americans faith in democracy . It’s a separate issued from official duties and commands by the President that he believed were pro America .
But the worm has turned now as Trumps buddy from day one putin has said America already used Nuclear weapons so why can’t they ?
It’s a dangerous world made who knows more dangerous by 4 years of a blackmailed idiot presidents acquiescence .

Apparently he had some sort of Press Conference at Mar a Lago on New Years Eve but no major network covered it and it only lasted a few minutes.
The report I read said he was pissed that even Fox didn't cover it and of course started bad mouthing every news outlet that wasn't there.
Hopefully this signals the end and the coup de gras of his political aspirations is just around the corner.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:18 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Apparently he had some sort of Press Conference at Mar a Lago on New Years Eve but no major network covered it and it only lasted a few minutes. The report I read said he was pissed that even Fox didn't cover it and of course started bad mouthing every news outlet that wasn't there. Hopefully this signals the end and the coup de gras of his political aspirations is just around the corner.

Trump's not going to go away quietly. He's already threatened the Republicans with a 3rd party bid.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:33 am

The R's are a pretty fractured party with the far right wanting to rule their swamp even though there are only about 20 of them.
Too bad that both parties moderates couldn't get together and elect a speaker thus isolating the fringes of each and make them largely irrelevant for this term and maybe longer.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:05 am

NorthHawk wrote:The R's are a pretty fractured party with the far right wanting to rule their swamp even though there are only about 20 of them.
Too bad that both parties moderates couldn't get together and elect a speaker thus isolating the fringes of each and make them largely irrelevant for this term and maybe longer.

You're referring to the vote on House speaker, and yes, it's a real s*** show. But there's no way that any Dem is going to help the R's out of their predicament, and I can't say that I blame them. It's the same thing that prevented the Democrats from getting much of their agenda pushed through last session because they couldn't keep everyone in their party on the reservation. Now, the shoe is on the other foot as with such a slim majority, the R's need nearly everyone in their party to tow the line.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:11 pm

I was thinking more of a coalition of moderates that would sideline the extremes.
A R as Speaker but equal representation on heads of committees.
It would take a lot of leadership but maybe it’s a chance to push out those that are there just to obstruct.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:26 pm

They call that a coalition government and it works wherever it is used. The only reason it's not done here is because the norm is otherwise. Perhaps that can change this year.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:52 pm

If there were any Democrats that were willing to form such a coalition, they would have voted for McCarthy as Speaker and isolate the moonbat wing of the Republican party, but not a single one of them voted for him. It is to their advantage to let the Republicans stew in their own broth, so why should they consider bailing them out of a mess they created?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:23 pm

Nonsense, McCarthy is a hardcore Trumper, no way that'd fly with Dems. It'd have to be an actual moderate Republican like Fred Upton or David Joyce. Either could probably make a bipartisan coalition with all 210 Dems and only need a few other moderate Republicans to vote with them to accomplish the feat.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:13 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Nonsense, McCarthy is a hardcore Trumper, no way that'd fly with Dems. It'd have to be an actual moderate Republican like Fred Upton or David Joyce. Either could probably make a bipartisan coalition with all 210 Dems and only need a few other moderate Republicans to vote with them to accomplish the feat.

Oh, I agree about McCarthy. I'm just saying that the Dems are in no mood to help the R's out of their predicament, and to be honest, I'm enjoying every minute of it. By embracing Trump, they've brought it on themselves, and I have no sympathy for them. There is zero chance that a coalition government will emerge from all this chaos.

What the R's need to do is fight fire with fire. Get 8 R's to say that if the moonbat wing doesn't vote for McCarthy, that they're going to vote for the Dem. Then the moonbats will be faced with choosing between the lesser of two evils.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:17 pm

Trump might be arrested next week apparently. That would be interesting. Looks like charges unlikely to result in a felony, but it does seem they want to fully embarrass Trump in public over his payoff to the pornstar. That would be funny.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:02 pm

No one has said anything about arrest besides Trump in trying to call his troops to action. Treasonous bastard.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:23 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:No one has said anything about arrest besides Trump in trying to call his troops to action. Treasonous bastard.

There are numerous signs that Trump will, indeed, be arrested, perhaps even handcuffed, likely this Tuesday. The big indicator is that they are embarking on some serious security arrangements. The NYPD, Secret Service, FBI, etc have met with the Manhattan DA's office last week to discuss it, so something is going down.

NBC News reported Friday that the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, New York Police Department, Secret Service, FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force, and New York State Court Officers were all conducting preliminary security assessments ahead of a possible indictment.

Courts in Manhattan and Atlanta — where Trump also faces a potential criminal case — have prepared for potential chaos, Insider previously reported.

Lucian Chalfen, the director of public information for the New York state court system, previously told Insider that the courts had 4,000 officers standing by with similar training as the New York city and state police departments.

https://www.businessinsider.com/potenti ... ort-2023-3

He's going to be arrested. The only question is will they handcuff him and make him do a perp walk for the cameras.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Cuffs are only necessary if he's noncompliant. He will have to be processed (fingerprinted and mug shot) but he needn't make a show of it. A show is what he wants though to rile up his base.

Truth be told it's a visual I think needs to be out there anyway, for the history books. The other visual we need is him behind bars.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:34 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Cuffs are only necessary if he's noncompliant. He will have to be processed (fingerprinted and mug shot) but he needn't make a show of it. A show is what he wants though to rile up his base.

Truth be told it's a visual I think needs to be out there anyway, for the history books. The other visual we need is him behind bars.

I think the history books will have plenty of material on good ole #46 without him having to be put in cuffs or an orange jump suit. The question is are they necessary or are they just making LE's job all the more difficult?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:01 pm

We'll see what sticks. Dems have been waiting for this for years. Until I finally see this piece of trash in jail getting finger-printed, then I won't believe it. He deserves it for taking a dump on America in public. Man doesn't know how to be a leader for the people. Fake patriot, fake religious, all fake. Just using his dying mouthpiece to try to get Republicans to fall on their swords for him again, while he squirms out of trouble and enjoys his wealth. I hope other Republicans are starting to wake up to this clown's falseness and cowardice.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:23 am

c_hawkbob wrote:No one has said anything about arrest besides Trump in trying to call his troops to action. Treasonous bastard.

I cant believe we live in a country that has degenerated into this. Its ironic that the darling of the christian right, the law and order support the men in blue party will try to rescue this utter vile piece of human excrement from an indictment over paying off a porn star . They just dont care anymore. Its an illness.
The supporters of Crazy orange Satan reportedly are planning to surround Mara Lago if hes indicted. He will be convicted too if someone doesn't die first.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:18 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:We'll see what sticks. Dems have been waiting for this for years. Until I finally see this piece of trash in jail getting finger-printed, then I won't believe it. He deserves it for taking a dump on America in public. Man doesn't know how to be a leader for the people. Fake patriot, fake religious, all fake. Just using his dying mouthpiece to try to get Republicans to fall on their swords for him again, while he squirms out of trouble and enjoys his wealth. I hope other Republicans are starting to wake up to this clown's falseness and cowardice.

He won't be going to jail, not on this charge. He would be considered a first time offender of a crime that was elevated from a misdemeanor to a felony.

But, he'll be booked, fingerprinted, and have his mug shot taken. As a non-compliant, by all rights he should be handcuffed as well, but IMO that's going a bit too far and would likely ignite a violent protest. There's no practical reason for it.

My hope is that this helps bring the Republican Party to its senses, but I have my doubts.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:31 pm

RiverDog wrote:
My hope is that this helps bring the Republican Party to its senses, but I have my doubts.

It seems like the ones who are going to come to their senses already have. The hardcore supporters never will. My fear is that it will actually reignite those who where in the middle- a group who was willing to move on from Trump to a more moderate Republican but is so frustrated by liberal America that they are looking for any opportunity to fight against it. Seeing Trump in handcuffs could make him a martyr for those and actually bring people to his cause that were ready to move on. I don't see it distancing people from Trump.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:57 am

RiverDog wrote:

mykc14 wrote:It seems like the ones who are going to come to their senses already have. The hardcore supporters never will. My fear is that it will actually reignite those who where in the middle- a group who was willing to move on from Trump to a more moderate Republican but is so frustrated by liberal America that they are looking for any opportunity to fight against it. Seeing Trump in handcuffs could make him a martyr for those and actually bring people to his cause that were ready to move on. I don't see it distancing people from Trump.

You're probably right about those that we've gotten as many R's to give up Trump that we're going to get. Nevertheless, one can always hope that at some point, something will trigger a response.

I also agree with what you're saying about the danger of pushing those moderates that had drifted away from Trump back to within his orbit. The Manhattan DA, Alvin Bragg, is a heavily biased liberal prosecutor, having received criticism for dialing back efforts in going after a laundry list of other types of crimes yet he's going after Trump like a bulldog, giving credence to Trump's witch-hunt mantra. Start splattering images of Trump in handcuffs all over the media and it runs the risk of inciting a riot.
Last edited by RiverDog on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:14 pm

I have not heard much about Trump's supporters. I would not be surprised if they gave up on him after he failed them on January 6th. He was supposed to back the call for revolution, but he backed down and cowered. Now all the people getting arrested and jailed know Trump isn't a real revolutionary and is just a cowardly yapper who folded when the day came to make the call. He may still have some polling power, but I think the crazies know he's not the man they wanted him to be.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:39 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I have not heard much about Trump's supporters. I would not be surprised if they gave up on him after he failed them on January 6th. He was supposed to back the call for revolution, but he backed down and cowered. Now all the people getting arrested and jailed know Trump isn't a real revolutionary and is just a cowardly yapper who folded when the day came to make the call. He may still have some polling power, but I think the crazies know he's not the man they wanted him to be.

It's not the hard core Trump supporters I'm worried about. It's the moderates, the ones that left him for Biden in 2020 and again after Jan. 6th. If the Dems and liberal DA's like this Alvin Bragg guy, who was a soft on crime wallflower before Trump's case rolled in front of him, I'm worried about a backlash that drives the more moderate R's back to Trump.

If you combine some of the things that Biden has been doing, like this loan forgiveness issue, plus some of the other things that have affected his popularity that he doesn't have a lot of control over, like gas prices and inflation, along with a prosecution of Trump that is so blatantly biased, it could provide a springboard for Trump's return to power, a scenario that all of us should agree needs to be stopped at all costs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:05 pm

RiverDog wrote:It's not the hard core Trump supporters I'm worried about. It's the moderates, the ones that left him for Biden in 2020 and again after Jan. 6th. If the Dems and liberal DA's like this Alvin Bragg guy, who was a soft on crime wallflower before Trump's case rolled in front of him, I'm worried about a backlash that drives the more moderate R's back to Trump.

If you combine some of the things that Biden has been doing, like this loan forgiveness issue, plus some of the other things that have affected his popularity that he doesn't have a lot of control over, like gas prices and inflation, along with a prosecution of Trump that is so blatantly biased, it could provide a springboard for Trump's return to power, a scenario that all of us should agree needs to be stopped at all costs.

I don't buy much of that trash. None of that affects anyone. People are just mad to be mad nowadays, getting wound up over nothing living in an easy to live in country with plenty of food, entertainment, and too much time on their hands with looney news stations making money winding them up over issues of no real importance and looney people wanting things no sensible person should be doing. America is what happens when you have too much money, too much time, too much freedom, too much media, and just too much and they start going nuts.

Until I see how the field plays out next year, I'm not buying Trump. No one is even trying right now to win any elections and the real deal won't start until next year. I think Trump is done myself, but I guess we'll see. Not even my Republican buddies care much about Trump. Whoever wins the nomination next election cycle gets their vote on nothing more than Democrat hate whether it is true or not. And the Democrats will vote the same way.

What I hear the most from each side is how stupid they think each other are with "reasons." Both sides find reasons to call each other dumb for what they support. They talk past each other and make fun of each other while listening to smarmy political media find the stupidest person on in each party to put on T.V. and make fun of so they can all continue to call each other stupid. It's the most ridiculous politics I've seen in my life.

Moderates will wait and see who is nominated, then vote on whatever issue they deem most important. First, we'll see if the Republicans support Trump being nominated when things get real. We're a ways away from that.

So far no arrest, which is why I'm not believing anything until I see it happen. More talk, where's the action.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Until I see how the field plays out next year, I'm not buying Trump. No one is even trying right now to win any elections and the real deal won't start until next year. I think Trump is done myself, but I guess we'll see. Not even my Republican buddies care much about Trump. Whoever wins the nomination next election cycle gets their vote on nothing more than Democrat hate whether it is true or not. And the Democrats will vote the same way.

What I hear the most from each side is how stupid they think each other are with "reasons." Both sides find reasons to call each other dumb for what they support. They talk past each other and make fun of each other while listening to smarmy political media find the stupidest person on in each party to put on T.V. and make fun of so they can all continue to call each other stupid. It's the most ridiculous politics I've seen in my life.

Moderates will wait and see who is nominated, then vote on whatever issue they deem most important. First, we'll see if the Republicans support Trump being nominated when things get real. We're a ways away from that.

So far no arrest, which is why I'm not believing anything until I see it happen. More talk, where's the action.

I think he's done, too. I'm only pointing out that the conditions exist for a comeback and that I won't rest easy until someone besides him gets the R nomination.

Apparently, his dog whistle for his supporters to rise up and save him has fell on deaf ears even amongst his hard core supporters. Only about 50 people were on hand outside of the Manhattan court where Trump was supposed to have been arraigned. The crowd outside his Mara Largo residence was about half of what they expected. Social media has been relatively quiet.

Trump's going to be arrested, the only question being when.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:50 pm

From what I see social media has been pretty hilarious about the lack of enthusiasm for this most recent call to action. Of course i'm stuck recuperating at home so I'm not getting the exposure to his hard core local contingent I usually get at work and at the Gym I go to.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:00 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:From what I see social media has been pretty hilarious about the lack of enthusiasm for this most recent call to action. Of course i'm stuck recuperating at home so I'm not getting the exposure to his hard core local contingent I usually get at work and at the Gym I go to.

How’s the rehab going - or have you even started yet?
NorthHawk
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic