Your Theories on Malaysian Air Crash

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Your Theories on Malaysian Air Crash

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 am

6 days and no airplane.
As you know this stuff is very strange.
The only detailed theory that I have seen that makes any kind of sense is this one:

http://jimstonefreelance.com

Not sure if I believe it all, but certainly makes sense given the facts.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Your Theories on Malaysian Air Crash

Postby burrrton » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 am

*That* makes sense to you??

Look, we know dmn little about this situation right now. At times like this, given sufficient effort and with a little embellishment and paying attention to the wrong "sources", you can concoct a million different "explanations" that will "fit".

For instance, I've never seen those badly photochopped images of the fake passport holders anywhere but conspiracy sites (and usually the same photo of the photos). The originals, at least that I saw, were only waist-up.

Do you *know* Interpol released those two images with the identical legs?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby makena » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

Aliens took the plane to populate the future... Didn't they make a movie about that?

makena
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Here is an informative write up but no firm conclusions are drawn.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-13/what-happened-flight-370-analysis-what-known
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

burrrton wrote:*That* makes sense to you??

Look, we know dmn little about this situation right now. At times like this, given sufficient effort and with a little embellishment and paying attention to the wrong "sources", you can concoct a million different "explanations" that will "fit".

For instance, I've never seen those badly photochopped images of the fake passport holders anywhere but conspiracy sites (and usually the same photo of the photos). The originals, at least that I saw, were only waist-up.

A theory is a theory. Just because you want to put people in the conspiracy box, does not make it more or less true.

Given what I have read about our government, it ABSOLUTELY makes sense. May not pan out, but theories are just that theories until disproven. Why were the legs photoshopped? No reason.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 pm

You should be thanking me Burr, I have given you additional information to blame conspiracy theorists.

But they make sense sometimes and this is one of them. The truth, Burr, is sometimes stranger than fiction. Start with having a critical mind. And turn off CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

For me personally, the fact that the US investigators are saying that they feel the plane flew 4 more hours, means the US probably was not involved.

In my mind its a highjacking or an intentional act by a pilot/pilots.

Aliens Makena? Now that makes absolutely no sense! :lol: But of course you knew that.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 pm

makena wrote:Aliens took the plane to populate the future... Didn't they make a movie about that?

I think we should start an X- FIle on this disappearance.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:You should be thanking me Burr, I have given you additional information to blame conspiracy theorists.

But they make sense sometimes and this is one of them. The truth, Burr, is sometimes stranger than fiction. Start with having a critical mind. And turn off CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

RIP Mr Carlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7LvUDCcNss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBo8CJxatQ
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:18 am

Carlin was ahead of his time.

Sounds like a prophet today. Carlin was wide awake. (And I was still asleep in 08 believe it or not).
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am

burrrton wrote:*That* makes sense to you??

Here is a theory that it landed on an Island, http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world ... es9aVODtop

Its from CNN.com. I'm sure that makes more sense to you now right?(Cause its from CNN, the world's leader in news. ;)
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:51 am

Gibbs and Dinozzo woulda had this sh*t solve already.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

Why were the legs photoshopped? No reason.

I'm asking you whether you're sure it was Interpol who released a 4th-grade level photochop hack job to the planet. Seems rather implausible to me, but I seem to be a bit more incredulous than you.

I'm sure that makes more sense to you now right?(Cause its from CNN, the world's leader in news.

Not more sense necessarily, and that's still just reporting Yet Another Idea About What Might Have Happened™, but yeah:

A. I find it a bit easier believe information from CNN than some conspiracy website. You *don't*??
B. I find it a bit easier to believe hijacker(s) took a plane somewhere than some nefarious conspiracy. You *don't*??

In my mind its a highjacking or an intentional act by a pilot/pilots..

Agreed. Isn't that at odds with the conspiracy theory you linked? Maybe I missed something...

Start with having a critical mind.

I contend that I do- generally, a critical mind means extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence- but it seems you're taking me to task for it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 am

burrrton wrote:
Why were the legs photoshopped? No reason.

I'm asking you whether you're sure it was Interpol who released a 4th-grade level photochop hack job to the planet. Seems rather implausible to me, but I seem to be a bit more incredulous than you.
Seems as if the website said it was the original photo. Coming from where I don't care. But it was apparently released by Malaysian gvt officials.

I'm sure that makes more sense to you now right?(Cause its from CNN, the world's leader in news.

Not more sense necessarily, and that's still just reporting Yet Another Idea About What Might Have Happened™, but yeah:

A. I find it a bit easier believe information from CNN than some conspiracy website. You *don't*??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_sJPh6nC8M
You believe CNN after you see how that reporter spun her report? Sorry, I USED to be like you and believe CNN. FOX and MSNBC. But now unless its a live story, where I can make up my own mind, I don't believe in either of the old media outlets anymore. None of them. And I pick and choose alternative media on the net.
This video sums up how I feel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

B. I find it a bit easier to believe hijacker(s) took a plane somewhere than some nefarious conspiracy. You *don't*??

I don't dismiss them as quickly as you do is all. Some I do dismiss. But I pay attention to everything because I seek truth. Some of the stuff out there makes you wonder. I certainly don't believe the drivel from the major media outlets. I pay attention to Sheriff Arapaio for example, not because I am a birther(I voted for Obama the first time, but he didn't fool me twice), but because I find facts interesting. Facts, I am interested in facts. I don't believe everything I hear, but I tend to want to get as much facts as possible before I make up my mind. So I go to the source and listen to CSPAN and hear Congressmen like Reid, and Rubio, and Paul give speeches. I then listen and make up my own mind. You can't write off everything that sounds outlandish as a "conspiracy" so quickly; unless of course you are sure that 1. Your government has never lied to you, 2. You feel that they have never fabricated reasons to go to war resulting in hundreds of military deaths. If you are sure of number 1 and 2. Then I can see your reluctance to believe those "nefarious" conspiracy theories.
Remember when Obama said he wash't going after your guns, and that is exactly what he is now doing? In fact if you are awake you would realize that our country might be on the verge of a civil war due to ridiculous gun laws passed in CT that has me more worried than the stuff about Russia I see on TV. But you will not hear a PEEP about this from CNN, FOX or MSNBC.
They passed a gun ban. 300,000 persons did not register cause they know that is the first step to confiscation, and now the police are threatening to go door to door to physically take people's guns. HAHA. I wonder how that will play out Burr? Can you see us fighting with Russia or posturing with them(formally called a diversion), while the CT police start a war with the American people trying to arrest thousands of legal gun owners in CT and Obama suspends the constitution because of the members of the NRA and GOA? Sounds ridiculous? Obama loves Lincoln. Lincoln suspended the constitution. Could it happen again? I hope it doesn't but could it? The answer is yes.

In my mind its a highjacking or an intentional act by a pilot/pilots..

Agreed. Isn't that at odds with the conspiracy theory you linked? Maybe I missed something...If I mentioned that I actually believed that theory you would be right. But I am listening to every side before I make up my mind.

Start with having a critical mind.

I contend that I do- generally, a critical mind means extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence- but it seems you're taking me to task for it.

Nope, not trying to take you to task, just making some respectful comments to you. You think more critically than many others I know my friend. To even engage in this conversation to the level that you have means that you are many steps ahead of others who feel they must be Blue or Red.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 am

http://live.wsj.com/video/malaysia-air-mh370-possible-sabotage-explained/400DDBCB-1219-46AB-8D94-B125B9349AF8.html

Since the people aboard the plane took action to make the plane invisible and then flew it for several more hours - best guess is that the plane was hijacked and that the hijackers had an intended destination for where they were taking the plane and passengers. More than likely the plane did not reach that destination. You would have to assume that the passengers knew something was wrong because if you were on a plane that was still flying hours after you were supposed to land then it would be obvious that something was wrong.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 pm

I think it went down in the drink. Why will really matter on this one.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 pm

savvyman wrote:http://live.wsj.com/video/malaysia-air-mh370-possible-sabotage-explained/400DDBCB-1219-46AB-8D94-B125B9349AF8.html

Since the people aboard the plane took action to make the plane invisible and then flew it for several more hours - best guess is that the plane was hijacked and that the hijackers had an intended destination for where they were taking the plane and passengers. More than likely the plane did not reach that destination. You would have to assume that the passengers knew something was wrong because if you were on a plane that was still flying hours after you were supposed to land then it would be obvious that something was wrong.

Must have been more than one highjacker then. Because if I were on a plane that continued to fly for several hours they would have had to turn off the map display system that shows them flying over various countries, and kept people duped long enough to realize that they were on their way to Beijing.
Maybe they gassed the passengers. In fact, if it was the pilot, he could have easily increased the cabin altitude so that everyone had difficulty breathing and would pass out. I.e. they could have felt as if they were near the top of Mt Everest. In the cockpit it would have been just fine.
I would have called my loved ones on my cell phone if I knew. But NOONE CALLED.
What does that tell you?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
savvyman wrote:http://live.wsj.com/video/malaysia-air-mh370-possible-sabotage-explained/400DDBCB-1219-46AB-8D94-B125B9349AF8.html

I would have called my loved ones on my cell phone if I knew. But NOONE CALLED.
What does that tell you?

I do believe that no Cell phone will work for phone calls at that altitude that the flight was traveling?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:16 am

Cells have limited range so if they are in the middle of the Ocean, they wouldn't be able to find a close enough Cell tower.
Over land it might be a lot easier.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Some intelligent speculation as to what happened to the flight along with the motivation of the hijacker.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-17/finally-plausible-scenario-what-happened-flight-370
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:45 pm

After reviewing the information I come up with my own conclusion:

The Captain did it.

He told the FO to leave the cockpit, turned off ACARS and the transponder and turned the plane towards the Indian Ocean, then depressurized the cabin, even at 30,000 feet the time of useful consciousness would be 15 seconds. No one could reach for their cell phones because they were fighting to breathe. At that altitude the air is sucked out of your lungs, but the plane is still flying.

Captain is sucking on Oxygen for a few minutes then its over. He has the airplane.

He was former Malaysian military and knew the holes in radar coverage throughout the region. The fact that he was able to get down to 20,000 feet and fly below military radar perhaps which would be 300 feet was impressive, since all evidence indicates the plane continued to fly for several hours.

What happened then?

1. Plane is either ditched in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
2. Plane landed safely somewhere. Someone wanted either the cargo or someone on that plane dead.

ELT's would not be heard even if they crashed in the Indian Ocean, that sucker is pretty deep. Even assuming the plane is 12,000 feet beneath water you still need to be within a MILE of the ELT for you to hear the pings.

Same true with wreckage. Miracle on the Hudson? He could have done a miracle on the Indian Ocean, but he would have landed near an island IMOL or have someone pick him up.

It could take years to find this plane. Whereever it is. Greatest mystery of ALL AVIATION to date. 777's don't just "disappear".

I lean towards number 1 scenario. In every suicide by pilot, you have the pilot pushing the nose down and killing everyone. Here transponder was deliberately turned OFF. The pilot did not want to be tracked. And the plane subsequently flew for hours. This is not your typical suicide by pilot scenario. But suicide nonetheless. Plane is in the water somewhere west of Australia. IMOL.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 pm

I have stopped watching CNN or Fox or MSNBC and now go to alternative news for some semblance of information that is not spun; its not perfect but for me it works.

These networks have been losing viewers left and right through the years.

Looks as if CNN is more desperate for viewers than I thought:

https://twitter.com/laurenweinstein/sta ... 04/photo/1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:00 am

Unless they come up with more information about the pilot, crew, or passengers that might explain some of the unanswered questions, it's likely that this disappearance is going to go down in the history books along with other famous unsolved disappearances, such as Amelia Earhart and Jimmy Hoffa. But those disappearances had rational, believable explanations. This one has ten times the mystery to it, and 237 times the number of victims. Pretty sad story. Shame on the Malaysian government. This thing might have been solved by now had they been more forthcoming and asked for help earlier.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm

The reason the Malaysian government has been so pitiable (by Western standards) in its investigation of the plane's disappearance is because it is itself a part of the conspiracy to make the plane (and its passengers — God bless, protect and rest their precious souls) disappear.

We all know that after 48 hours, the trail of a homicide investigation loses most of its scent.

It's my firm conviction that the Malaysian government is complicit in this horrific travesty.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 am

It's my firm conviction that the Malaysian government is complicit in this horrific travesty.

I think rather than covering for random, anonymous, murderous intent, which I find difficult to believe, I think they were just covering for incompetence, which I find very easy to believe.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 am

burrrton wrote:

I think rather than covering for random, anonymous, murderous intent, which I find difficult to believe, I think they were just covering for incompetence, which I find very easy to believe.

Agreed, they were in face saving mode from day one of their involvement. I don't believe they were involved in making it happen in the first place.

Why would they conspire to make themselves look like incompetent buffoons?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:18 pm

burrrton wrote:

Muslim extremists hiding in bureaucratic, theoretically non-partisan government attire—i.e. wolves in sheeps' clothing—love to be underestimated.

They don't care how incompetent or buffoonish they look when they have the "cat that ate the canary"/ "What, me worry?" look on their faces.

To them, the end justifies the means: a credo that is the tell-tale mark of extremism.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 pm

To them, the end justifies the means: a credo that is the tell-tale mark of extremism.

Agreed, but so is getting credit for their "accomplishment".

That neither they, nor some proxy of theirs, is clamoring to take credit for this (like they usually do) makes me think that's less likely (unless the 'operation' isn't over yet, which I doubt at this point).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

The lack of a recovered aircraft and data gathering devices from the airplane ensure that just about any theory conceivable can be put forth as the cause of the crash. If any portion of those things are recovered there will be a much better chance to investigate the actual cause of the crash, without them it will be very difficult.

To me the basics of the situation are not nearly as confusing as some make it seem. It is the vast amount of elapsed time and lack of communication that allows for so many theories to me inserted. To me the basic facts of the flight are.

1) MH 370 takes off on time flying north towards destination in China. No problems with flight are ever reported, communications are normal.

2. At a point over the south China sea an event takes place. We do not know what the event was. One witness on an oil rig reported seeing an aircraft burning for 10-15 seconds in the sky south of him. He did not see the aircraft crash. This may be our only witness as to what happened during the flight. No radio communication was heard after the event. Both the IFF transponder and ACARS receiver became inoperable in or around the event. The fact that they became inoperable at different times lead some to believe that they may have been intentionally turned off.

3. After the event the plane turned about 270 degrees and flew directly for the Malaysian coast. It took the shortest route to land available at the time. This is exactly what you would expect an aircrew member that had experienced a major inflight event to do. The plane did not vary on this route until it reached the area of Palau Langkawi. In this area two rather extreme turns were recorded. Although not tracked by radar we now know from sat pings that aircraft continued flying south for a number of hours. No more turns were recorded, nor was any activity at all that would have originated in the aircraft.

4. Although no parts of the aircraft were recovered, satellite imagery confirmed what was likely parts of the aircraft floating far south in the Indian ocean. It is most likely the aircraft flew to the end of it's fuel range and simply crashed in to the sea.

So what do I think happened? I think it was an aircraft fire. Perhaps in the nose wheel tire or brake, more likely in the cargo compartment. The fire burned long enough to account for failure of different aircraft systems over a period of time. The fire created significant heat or smoke in the cabin disabling all the passengers over short period of time. The fire was either extinguished or burned out. Separate oxygen and burn hoods enabled the crew to continue to turn the plane and stay conscious. When over the Malay mainland the crew attempted to put the plane in a landing configuration and for whatever reason was unable to do it. They continued troubleshooting until they were in the area Palau Langkawi. The crew tried to turn the aircraft twice either trying to line up a landing or trying to help the aircraft into a landing configuration. Those were the only two turns the aircraft made after the initial turn following the "event". It never turned again. What happened after that is a little more difficult. Maybe they lost control of the aircraft permanently. Maybe the crew ran out of oxygen and still needed it? Maybe some sort of structural damage cause loss of life in the crew compartment? Either way, at that that point either everyone in the aircraft was dead or disabled. The aircraft continued to fly until it ran out of fuel.

Could a bomb have been involved, sure. It could have led to the event. But typically bad people that put bombs on planes brag about it the next day. No one did. Could one or more of the crew have been suicidal? Sure, but if that were the case than why not dump the plane in the south china sea? Why not crash it in a city on the Malay peninsula and spread burning wreckage all over? Letting the thing practically fly to Antarctica and run out of fuel is not really a suicidal act. Could the Malay government been involved in some sort of cover up? Sure, but what is more likely is that a small government with little experience in either aircraft loss investigation or leading world news stories looked unprepared.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am

Explosive decompression is the only thing that makes sense. But someone turned that airplane and turned off tracking systems. Had to have been the captain.
Maybe it was a combination fire and explosive decompression that did it. A small explosive device also might do this as well.

Now that they have discovered the wreckage hopefully within a week or two we should get the black boxes.
The wreckage is in very deep waters though. They don't have much time left before ELT's black boxes, etc. stop pinging and they go dark.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 am

My first inclination was that it was a pilot and/or co-pilot suicide plane take over and crash. I even thought that which ever one did it purposely flew the plane far out in to the Indian Ocean so that his murder/suicide would be very hard to prove because he didn't want to appear to be going against his Muslim teachings and have his family lose face.

But then I listened to several current and retired pilots many of whom actually flew the 777 and similar planes. Most of them seemed to believe that the pilots were working their arse off to the last minute trying to save the plane and the lives of everyone on board until they past out and they were just too busy before hand to radio that they were in trouble. I didn't believe that scenario when I first heard it, sounded too much like pilots sticking up for fellow pilots.

Then I heard how there had been 200 hundred kilograms of those lithium batteries, the same batteries that are in lap top computers and I-Pods and such. Those have been known to catch fire spontaneously and have caused other catastrophic fires in airplanes including two UPS 747's. One of those fires killed the whole crew and crashed the plane. Malaysian Airlines stated emphatically that the batteries were loaded and packed away very safely. But we all know that many companies including airlines that have claimed to follow safety rules yet ignored them. The plane that had a bunch of oxygen tanks in their cargo compartment comes to mind. That airline ignored the safety rules, then lied about it. The plane caught fire and I believe crashed killing all aboard.

Anyway, I think that there is a strong possibility that those lithium batteries caught fire and maybe knocked out avionics systems that gave the false impression that a human "turned off" the transponder and the ACARS system. The ACARS System though is located down a stairwell from a hatch that is in the forward Galley. Someone would have had to open that hatch, go down the ladder, then manually pull the ACARS circuit breaker. Wouldn't the flight attendants who would have been serving dinner to the 1st. class passengers witnessed this? Wouldn't this have raised questions? I understand that passengers in the 1st. class section could have easily seen one of the pilots open that hatch, wouldn't one of them had questions and maybe got on their cell phone at that point???

A more logical explanation is this, there was a fire, but maybe a smoldering fire in that avionics room. It turns out that the circuit breaker for the ACARS System is RIGHT NEXT to the circuit breaker to the Transponder on one side and RIGHT NEXT to the Pilot and Passenger oxygen life support system on the other. I believe that that fire took out one system after another possibly even the pilots radios. They could have even lost power to their cockpit avionics displays just like a Swiss Air disaster where a plane caught fire and the crew lost all of their instruments including the Horizon and couldn't tell what the attitude of their plane was. The pilot thought he had to dump fuel because he had had a full tank and it was believed at the time that such a plane would be too heavy to hold structural integrity and would break up even if it was making a regular airport landing. They know better now and pilots are told that in the event of a fire not to worry about dumping fuel just get the plane on the ground.

I think that the Malaysian pilots were over come by smoke and noxious fumes and that their oxygen system failed them. Their last act after struggling with the plane was to put it on auto pilot. I believe that the passengers and the rest of the crew were over come the same way. I believe that this was a "ghost plane" for much of its flight and give it up to BOEING to build a plane that can keep a plane flying in almost all conditions. Many a B-17's made it back to base after being all shot up in WWII, the Boeing legend flies on.

OK, that city pride thing out of the way, all new airplanes including those made by Airbus and other companies are made to "balance" themselves out and have many "compensating" systems that may have kept this plane in the air until the fuel ran out. As with ALL theories this one has holes but maybe, hopefully when the so-called black boxes are found there will be answers to the riddles and mysteries. OR, this will go down with Amelia Earhart and other aeronautic mysteries that are NEVER figured out. Gee, I hope not.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:My first inclination was that it was a pilot and/or co-pilot suicide plane take over and crash. I even thought that which ever one did it purposely flew the plane far out in to the Indian Ocean so that his murder/suicide would be very hard to prove because he didn't want to appear to be going against his Muslim teachings and have his family lose face.

But then I listened to several current and retired pilots many of whom actually flew the 777 and similar planes. Most of them seemed to believe that the pilots were working their arse off to the last minute trying to save the plane and the lives of everyone on board until they past out and they were just too busy before hand to radio that they were in trouble. I didn't believe that scenario when I first heard it, sounded too much like pilots sticking up for fellow pilots.

Then I heard how there had been 200 hundred kilograms of those lithium batteries, the same batteries that are in lap top computers and I-Pods and such. Those have been known to catch fire spontaneously and have caused other catastrophic fires in airplanes including two UPS 747's. One of those fires killed the whole crew and crashed the plane. Malaysian Airlines stated emphatically that the batteries were loaded and packed away very safely. But we all know that many companies including airlines that have claimed to follow safety rules yet ignored them. The plane that had a bunch of oxygen tanks in their cargo compartment comes to mind. That airline ignored the safety rules, then lied about it. The plane caught fire and I believe crashed killing all aboard.

Anyway, I think that there is a strong possibility that those lithium batteries caught fire and maybe knocked out avionics systems that gave the false impression that a human "turned off" the transponder and the ACARS system. The ACARS System though is located down a stairwell from a hatch that is in the forward Galley. Someone would have had to open that hatch, go down the ladder, then manually pull the ACARS circuit breaker. Wouldn't the flight attendants who would have been serving dinner to the 1st. class passengers witnessed this? Wouldn't this have raised questions? I understand that passengers in the 1st. class section could have easily seen one of the pilots open that hatch, wouldn't one of them had questions and maybe got on their cell phone at that point???

A more logical explanation is this, there was a fire, but maybe a smoldering fire in that avionics room. It turns out that the circuit breaker for the ACARS System is RIGHT NEXT to the circuit breaker to the Transponder on one side and RIGHT NEXT to the Pilot and Passenger oxygen life support system on the other. I believe that that fire took out one system after another possibly even the pilots radios. They could have even lost power to their cockpit avionics displays just like a Swiss Air disaster where a plane caught fire and the crew lost all of their instruments including the Horizon and couldn't tell what the attitude of their plane was. The pilot thought he had to dump fuel because he had had a full tank and it was believed at the time that such a plane would be too heavy to hold structural integrity and would break up even if it was making a regular airport landing. They know better now and pilots are told that in the event of a fire not to worry about dumping fuel just get the plane on the ground.

I think that the Malaysian pilots were over come by smoke and noxious fumes and that their oxygen system failed them. Their last act after struggling with the plane was to put it on auto pilot. I believe that the passengers and the rest of the crew were over come the same way. I believe that this was a "ghost plane" for much of its flight and give it up to BOEING to build a plane that can keep a plane flying in almost all conditions. Many a B-17's made it back to base after being all shot up in WWII, the Boeing legend flies on.

OK, that city pride thing out of the way, all new airplanes including those made by Airbus and other companies are made to "balance" themselves out and have many "compensating" systems that may have kept this plane in the air until the fuel ran out. As with ALL theories this one has holes but maybe, hopefully when the so-called black boxes are found there will be answers to the riddles and mysteries. OR, this will go down with Amelia Earhart and other aeronautic mysteries that are NEVER figured out. Gee, I hope not.

Personally I think the fire theory is out. In aviation history a fire event is not only the most serious but usually ends very quickly. On average it only takes 17 mins from when a fire breaks out on an airplane to the termination of the flight in one way or another. The event is quick, if a fire had broke out from the ignition of lithium batteries they would have been still very close to land and someone would have spotted a 777 burning to the ground. The plane would have crashed in close proximity of the planned flight path. But instead it flew for 7 hours? At least that is what everyone is stating. No way that aircraft flew 7 hours on fire. I think even more so now after reading your posts S4E that the Captain decided it was game over, and ditched the airplane in a remote part of the Indian Ocean. It was a technically perfect flight to avoid civilian and military radar, plus he avoided satellite coverage. Brilliant to say the least and there's a good chance they may never find this airplane for years, if ever.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 am

The way the theory goes is that the actual fire is put out fast by the fire suppression (halon) bottles but that the burned lithium batteries still give off a toxic gas. The pilots have their masks on and activate their circulating air and the poisoned gas over whelms them. By that time they have turn the jet and dropped down in altitude to 12 K Ft. The y have reset the auto-pilot so that when they are over whelmed the plane just keeps flying. It is one of the most stable planes ever designed and built.

ALTHOUGH! Since I wrote my original "guess" it has come out that the 777 had had a faulty air masks and that Boeing had put out a safety directive for all the airlines flying the 777 to replace ASAP, Maybe Malaysian airlines dragged their feet??

ALSO, during test trials 2 777 suffered from an explosive decompression when a valve stuck open. the first test plane landed in Hawaii after the pilots quickly lowered the planes altitude and landed. The 2nd. one was flying from Seattle to Everett when the same valve stuck open and this time the pilots didn't get the plane down fast enough because they were flying at 43K at the time. 2 of the technicians monitoring systems had to be rushed to a hospital and put in to hyperbolic chambers because they got the bends. Boeing did fix that valve but who is to say that the new didn't fail on the Malaysian plane??? The pilots sick with the bends initially save the plane but then pass out after putting the plane back on auto-pilot? It could have happened. Or, those 2 Iranians with the stolen pass ports could have hijacked the plane. Maybe they had a cute female accomplice who didn't need a fake pass port winked at the co-pilot and talked him in to letting her in the cock pit when the regular pilot was taking a dump and the 2 Iranians had their way in, That too could have happened.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 am

Another problem is no debris field.
A plane that size crashes into the ocean, you should get a debris field. Unless the entire plane landed then sunk. Sorta like landing on the Hudson only to watch the plane go down slowly.

Hard to think this plane will be found any time soon.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue May 20, 2014 11:07 am

From Former Malaysian Prime Minister:
From Chedet.cc: “Boeing technology – what goes up must come down“

1. What goes up must come down. Airplanes can go up and stay up for long periods of time. But even they must come down eventually. They can land safely or they may crash. But airplanes don’t just disappear. Certainly not these days with all the powerful communication systems, radio and satellite tracking and filmless cameras which operate almost indefinitely and possess huge storage capacities.

2. I wrote about the disabling of MH370’s communication system as well as the signals for GPS. The system must have been disabled or else the ground station could have called the plane. The GPS too must have been disabled or else the flight of MH370 would have been tracked by satellites which normally provide data on all commercial flights, inclusive of data on location, kind of aircraft, flight number, departure airport and destination. But the data seems unavailable. The plane just disappeared seemingly from all screens.

3. MH370 is a Boeing 777 aircraft. It was built and equipped by Boeing. All the communications and GPS equipment must have been installed by Boeing. If they failed or have been disabled Boeing must know how it can be done. Surely Boeing would ensure that they cannot be easily disabled as they are vital to the safety and operation of the plane.

4. A search on the Internet reveals that Boeing in 2006 received a US patent for a system that, once activated, removes all control from pilots to automatically return a commercial airliner to a pre-determined landing location.

5. The Flightglobal.com article by John Croft, datelined Washington DC (1st December, 2006) further mentioned “The ‘uninterruptible’ autopilot would be activated – either by pilot, by on board sensors, or even remotely by radio or satellite links by government agencies like the Central Intelligence Agency, if terrorists attempt to gain control of the flight deck”.

6. Clearly Boeing and certain agencies have the capacity to take over “uninterruptible control” of commercial airliners of which MH370 B777 is one.

7. Can it not be that the pilot of MH370 lost control of their aircraft after someone directly or remotely activated the equipment for seizure of control of the aircraft.

8. It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for “pings” from the black box. This is most likely not an ordinary crash after fuel was exhausted. The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS markings.

9. Boeing should explain about this so-called anti-terrorism auto-land system. I cannot imagine the pilots made a soft-landing in rough seas and then quietly drown with the aircraft.

10. Someone is hiding something. It is not fair that MAS and Malaysia should take the blame.

11. For some reason the media will not print anything that involves Boeing or the CIA. I hope my readers will read this.

After fighting off my instincts that this was a nefarious act, sponsored by a government, I went along with the normal theory.
However the inability to find wreckage, missing cargo mass and misinformation, to me suggest otherwise.

Another actor is Rolls Royce who knows absolutely where that plane is. Those engines could be tracked precisely to where they ended up according to information I have read. But nothing from Rolls Royce.

I'll go back to my original theory, airplane remotely controlled, depressurized, communications equipment turned off. Passengers and pilots dead. Plane refueled at Maldives, then landed at Diego Garcia. Cargo unloaded. My problem is that it can't be in the ocean with no debris field. I have no idea where the plane is. No idea.
No debris field is a HUGE problem. Same reason as to why you can't fly a 757 into the Pentagon without a debris field. Impossible.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 am

Same reason as to why you can't fly a 757 into the Pentagon without a debris field. Impossible.

1. There *was* 757 debris.
2. No, it's not impossible to end up with dmn little of it.

Your world must be truly frightening, my friend.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Very little debris field for a plane that size hitting the Pentagon.
A wheel does not count and other pieces does not count.

I'll stay awake. Thank you. You keep sleeping.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue May 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Very little debris field for a plane that size hitting the Pentagon.

Wrong. See also Flight 93 where conspiracy nuts are claiming the exact same thing (or maybe an ICBM or whatever crashed there, too?)

I'll stay awake. Thank you. You keep sleeping.

LOL. Do that, Eagle. For us all.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 21, 2014 3:55 am

"My problem is that it can't be in the ocean with no debris field."

It's not impossible for an airliner the size of a 777 to crash in the ocean without a trace. It took two years to find the wreckage of an Air France jet that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009, and they knew to a lot more precise location where that one went down than they did with MA370. And although damn few jets have crashed without a trace, it is not unprecedented. You also have to keep in mind that the South Indian Ocean is perhaps one of the most remote locations in the world, with very little shipping or other maritime traffic, very few radar and satellite monitoring, and that the search did not even get into the right ocean for nearly two weeks. It is quite plausible that they may never find the tiniest scrap of wreckage in our lifetimes.

There's a lot of unanswered questions and downright mysteries as to the disappearance of this jet, but the failure to find any debris is not one of them. Failing to find the debris field is the most explainable part of this puzzle.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed May 21, 2014 7:43 am

RiverDog wrote:"My problem is that it can't be in the ocean with no debris field."

It's not impossible for an airliner the size of a 777 to crash in the ocean without a trace. It took two years to find the wreckage of an Air France jet that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009, and they knew to a lot more precise location where that one went down than they did with MA370. And although damn few jets have crashed without a trace, it is not unprecedented. You also have to keep in mind that the South Indian Ocean is perhaps one of the most remote locations in the world, with very little shipping or other maritime traffic, very few radar and satellite monitoring, and that the search did not even get into the right ocean for nearly two weeks. It is quite plausible that they may never find the tiniest scrap of wreckage in our lifetimes.

There's a lot of unanswered questions and downright mysteries as to the disappearance of this jet, but the failure to find any debris is not one of them. Failing to find the debris field is the most explainable part of this puzzle.

I guess I failed to explain my statement clearly. Sure, a debris field has not been found. Likely for the point you have mentioned, we are talking about a large piece of ocean. So on that aspect I agree.
What you should remember is that most crashes leave debris fields. Some do not and those are some that you mentioned, however for an out of control Airbus 700 falling out of the sky onto a moving surface like water, the debris field would be huge. both on the surface and on the bottom. It's actually more damaging for an airplane to crash on water than on land. Unless it was a controlled landing, then the airplane lands and just sinks. In that scenario and others that I have also read, you will find small debris fields and the airplane could be lost.

So I guess I should have said, "if they never find a debris field" I would not be surprised since it jives with my theory that it was flown deliberately into the water slowly.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed May 21, 2014 7:45 am

Burr,
Need a hug bro? (Loved that line by the way).
Your hurling insults at me just makes you look more ignorant and weak.
I would suggest you quit while you are ahead. This thread is for people that want to discuss issues not use pejoratives all day. :lol: Your bluster makes me laugh though. Like a kid jumping up and down when no one is paying attention to him. Hysterical! :lol: :lol:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Next

Return to Off Topic