Your Theories on Malaysian Air Crash

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Your Theories on Malaysian Air Crash

Postby burrrton » Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 am

Eag, I'm not trying to be all that insulting except to imply that seeing conspiracy in just about every complex situation is kinda nutty.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Your bluster makes me laugh though.

Ok, good. We've got that, then.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 am

Another thing River,

It is very interesting to me that the former Malaysian PM would mention the CIA in this.

Most people can't fathom or imagine our government doing something like this. Quite frankly I have no evidence that it has, but as you correctly said Riv, there is alot of "mystery" surrounding this case.
The guy who wrote with Tom Clancy is saying the following:

http://pieczenik.blogspot.se/2014/05/le ... while.html

He has alot of experience working with United States operations at a very high level.
Even if you disagree with him, as I have done on occasion, his theory nonetheless gives me pause.

I predict that it will be years before they find this plane.

China though has the technology to have followed that plane to wherever it ended up with or without a transponder, so did Rolls Royce the maker of the engines. That is the kicker for me. Sometimes you have to just allow the evidence to develop over time. I think that I am at that stage though my leanings are with this story and the sentiments of the Malaysian ex-PM.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 22, 2014 7:27 am

I'm not sure how being an aide to a writer of fiction novels qualifies this guy with anything but an active imagination, which he demonstrates in his article. Grandiose theories like this one are not believable simply because of the numbers of people that would have to cooperate to pull them off then forever remain silent.

I have a co worker who's father is a 767 pilot for American Airlines, and he says that he doesn't know how to turn off a transponder, that it was never part of his training or orientation that included just about everything else, and that the pilot would have had to do some considerable research to figure out how to do it. That's the biggest mystery IMO, is why did he turn off the transponder. Even the information from the black box, should it ever be found, might not reveal the answer to that question.

There's a huge window in this mystery within which a lot of crazy theories can be proposed with no way of discounting them like there is in so many other conspiracy theories that go back long time, from Pearl Harbor to JFK to the moon landings to 911. But just because there's some unexplained facts...actually a lot of unexplained facts in this case...doesn't mean that something sinister must be at work.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu May 22, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, Riv, just because we don't have the answers does not mean that there is something sinister at work. Agreed. I also know friends that are pilots. ATP actually. And those ATP pilots told me that it must have been the captain. Plain and simple. A bathroom break for the Co-Pilot and the plane is his. I suspect that this is when things went down. But who knows, as you said, the black box, which is actually orange, may detail something else.

The ex-Malaysian PM is claiming CIA involvement. I take that at face value. I don't know what happened like you Riv. But I am not so quick to dismiss possible malfeasance here especially with a guy as well connected as a former ruler of a country stating the opposite.
What did Reagan say? Trust but verify.
And what did Jefferson say? "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
I repeat to you, both of us do not know what happened to this airplane. We are espousing theories.
You choose to believe that this was not sinister.
I think that this could be sinister. My question to you Riv: do you trust our government?
You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. But my answer is, no. Let's see how this plays out my friend.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:Yes, Riv, just because we don't have the answers does not mean that there is something sinister at work. Agreed. I also know friends that are pilots. ATP actually. And those ATP pilots told me that it must have been the captain. Plain and simple. A bathroom break for the Co-Pilot and the plane is his. I suspect that this is when things went down. But who knows, as you said, the black box, which is actually orange, may detail something else.

The ex-Malaysian PM is claiming CIA involvement. I take that at face value. I don't know what happened like you Riv. But I am not so quick to dismiss possible malfeasance here especially with a guy as well connected as a former ruler of a country stating the opposite.
And what did Jefferson say? "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
I repeat to you, both of us do not know what happened to this airplane. We are espousing theories.
I think that this could be sinister. My question to you Riv: do you trust our government?
You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. But my answer is, no. Let's see how this plays out my friend.

It's not a matter of trust or motivation. It's a matter of means. Does the government in an open society such as ours have the means to pull something like this off and keep it under wraps? I say no, they do not.

It's no different than the JFK assassination. There were numerous organizations and individuals that would have liked to have bumped off Kennedy, as there is with just about every President and head of government. But none of that matters unless you can show that at least one of them had the means and the opportunity to pull it off and keep it quiet for 50 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm

My question to you Riv: do you trust our government?

You don't have to implicitly trust the government to seriously doubt their ability or desire to commit pointless, public mass murder and cover it up 100% effectively for decades (especially in situations where other perfectly rational explanations exist).
Last edited by burrrton on Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

What's the motive for this massive far reaching conspiracy to erase a Malaysian jet liner? That's what I want to know.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu May 22, 2014 4:04 pm

kalibane wrote:What's the motive for this massive far reaching conspiracy to erase a Malaysian jet liner? That's what I want to know.

Obviously, they'd want it gone because shut up. Also, sheeple.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 22, 2014 8:17 pm

burrrton wrote:

You don't have to implicitly trust the government to seriously doubt their ability or desire to commit pointless, public mass murder and cover it up 100% effectively for decades (especially in situations where other perfectly rational explanations exist).

Well said.

A lot of these theories arise simply due to money, because people know that others will read them even if they don't necessarily believe in them. The more sensational, the more sexy, the better.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 12:17 am

RiverDog wrote:
Eaglehawk wrote:Yes, Riv, just because we don't have the answers does not mean that there is something sinister at work. Agreed. I also know friends that are pilots. ATP actually. And those ATP pilots told me that it must have been the captain. Plain and simple. A bathroom break for the Co-Pilot and the plane is his. I suspect that this is when things went down. But who knows, as you said, the black box, which is actually orange, may detail something else.

It's not a matter of trust or motivation. It's a matter of means. Does the government in an open society such as ours have the means to pull something like this off and keep it under wraps? I say no, they do not.

It's no different than the JFK assassination. There were numerous organizations and individuals that would have liked to have bumped off Kennedy, as there is with just about every President and head of government. But none of that matters unless you can show that at least one of them had the means and the opportunity to pull it off and keep it quiet for 50 years.

You mention River that our society is open. Sure more than many countries, but I suspect that we have lost a bit of that through the years. I believe a film maker that made an anti-Obama film was brought up on federal charges the other day. They dismissed most of the ridiculous charges and he pled guilty to trying to get around election laws. Of course the DOJ did not selectively choose to prosecute him because he made an anti-Obama film, right?
A lot of this stuff you have to put two and two together. I am sorry, I love my country, but I do not trust my government. (Look at the VA scandal for example).
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 12:22 am

burrrton wrote:

Has the US ever committed mass murder? I guess if you think no, then I see your point Burr. But I can't say no.
Now to put the mass murder and a coverup together, eh, that's arguable. I saw building 7 get demolished somehow and fall as an implosion when there were a few fires throughout the building. Fire has never destroyed a steel structure. My eyes don't lie. If they imploded that building then I have to doubt other events that day. I don't know what happened. Planes hit the towers no doubt. But something strange was afoot that day. Building 7 is my only question about that day.

What about the mass murder that occurred during the first military air attack on American citizens on Black Wall Street? Of course you won't see that in our history books.

Or the use of vaccines to kill minorities in Florida? Gvt admitted to lying about that as well.
So no bro, I don't trust our gvt, and yes they have covered tons of stuff up before becoming uncovered.

Back to the Malay flight, I still don't know what happened, none of us do. I am just doubtful at this point that this was not something a bit more than what is being reported. And I have good reasons for my doubt.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 23, 2014 5:04 am

Eaglehawk wrote:You mention River that our society is open. Sure more than many countries, but I suspect that we have lost a bit of that through the years. I believe a film maker that made an anti-Obama film was brought up on federal charges the other day. They dismissed most of the ridiculous charges and he pled guilty to trying to get around election laws. Of course the DOJ did not selectively choose to prosecute him because he made an anti-Obama film, right?
A lot of this stuff you have to put two and two together. I am sorry, I love my country, but I do not trust my government. (Look at the VA scandal for example).

I don't agree. There are tons more reporters, cameras, recording devices, communication devices, satellites, instant communication, et al. now than there was 30 or 40 years ago. It's a little harder to keep a secret nowadays.

Like I said, it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of means. I don't trust the government anymore than you do.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 6:12 am

RiverDog wrote:I don't agree. There are tons more reporters, cameras, recording devices, communication devices, satellites, instant communication, et al. now than there was 30 or 40 years ago. It's a little harder to keep a secret nowadays.

Like I said, it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of means. I don't trust the government anymore than you do.

Most importantly you and I agree on not trusting our government. The only smaller issue I disagree with you is on the secrets part, sure they can't keep secrets for as long as they used to, but that doesn't mean that they don't try. Look at Snowden, he brought out all kinds of clandestine programs our gvt was illegally doing. Some of what he mentioned was not known until he blew the whistle.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 am

Building 7 is my only question about that day.

*ahem*

Same reason as to why you can't fly a 757 into the Pentagon without a debris field. Impossible.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

Burr,
Absolutely. My biggest note: big(Pentagon), versus biggest, Bldg 7. My points are to be taken relatively. Sorry about that if I did not make that clear. Now I have.

I understand you might be still mad at how I exposed you and Kal trying to tag team posters. You guys break unspoken rules of the forum, then act angry because I called you out? Really?
FREAKING BULLIES. As if one of you can really explain anything without calling me names? (Sorry forum posters its the OLD Eaglehawk speaking now).
Why do you think I have not even responded to you, because you boys aren't interested in discussing facts, but would try to attack personally posters.

I regret even thinking for one second Burr that you might have been serious in trying to discuss ISSUES. You are still pissed off as I said like a little kid in a schoolyard looking for attention. Sorry pal, I'm bored with you and your sidekick Kal. You guys add nothing to the thread. Sorry to say that, because outside of all of your bluster and diatribes, innuendos, backhanded insults, I would love to discuss just facts. Unfortunately, you guys can't get over the past. As I said, even young punks grow up, when you do, mention something about the ISSUES without your insults, and maybe we can talk again. If not, then state your points in a vacuum.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am

I understand you are still mad at how I exposed you and Kal trying to tag team posters.

You mean the information I voluntarily provided unprompted. Yeah, nice work, Murder She Wrote.

Now tell us all more about the impossibility of minimal debris fields and fire melting steel.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 11:32 am

burrrton wrote:
I understand you are still mad at how I exposed you and Kal trying to tag team posters.

You mean the information I voluntarily provided unprompted. Yeah, nice work, Murder She Wrote.

Now tell us all more about the impossibility of minimal debris fields and fire melting steel.

Nah, you and Kal PM'd each other. Then you provided "information" don't try to change the facts.
Do your own research hotshot.

I hope you do. There are enough youtube vides to wake you up as to Bld 7 and the Pentagon. If you look at these vids with an open mind, you will see that something is not right.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 23, 2014 11:44 am

Eag, I PM'd Kal to comment on what a bizarre thread this was, then thought that was poor form so came in here and said the same, and volunteered that I had sent a PM and felt it was the wrong way to go about it.

You did no "busting".

You *have*, however, reinforced in spectacular fashion virtually every criticism I've made of you.

And instead of focusing on YOOTOOB videos as "research", may I suggest you go read the 9/11 Commission report (or the Popular Mechanics book)? Even if your impulse is to concoct yet another conspiracy about them being "in on it" or something, I think you'll find them well-sourced enough to convince even you if you take the time to do the considerable reading required.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 am

burrrton wrote:Eag, I PM'd Kal to comment on what a bizarre thread this was, then thought that was poor form so came in here and said the same, and volunteered that I had sent a PM and felt it was the wrong way to go about it.

You did no "busting".

You *have*, however, reinforced in spectacular fashion virtually every criticism I've made of you.

And instead of focusing on YOOTOOB videos as "research", may I suggest you go read the 9/11 Commission report (or the Popular Mechanics book)? Even if your impulse is to concoct yet another conspiracy about them being "in on it" or something, I think you'll find them well-sourced enough to convince even you if you take the time to do the considerable reading required.

You don't get to dictate where I get my quotes. Nuff said. And yes I busted you. Trying to rewrite history eh?
Sorry bub, you need to read sources and not just sleep walk.
My sources are Forbes, Business Week, WSJ, NYT, and many many others, but yeah, the quickest way to wake you up is you tube.
Why are you so afraid?
Funny, here in China, they BAN You Tube.
I see your political leaning my friend. You don't like You Tube either eh? Maybe you are a Communist as well? Its okay Burr. I don't know what you are, but mocking and putting down a legitimate source of information for many, sounds, humm, FASCIST. Follow the party line Burr, you're gonna be just fine. Maybe they will ban You Tube in America as you wish as well.

They are slowly turning America into China and many are not even aware. Did you know that beef here in China is rare, and super expensive compared to pork?
China just bought an American pork company and now they are the world's leading producer of pork.
China has been buying Manhattan apts like crazy.
They are buying homes in Cali like crazy as well.
We are the biggest debtor country in the world in absolute terms not as a percentage of GDP and no one blinks an eye when we produce out of no where 45 BILLION dollars a month to buy assets.
This is what I look at, daily, and this is why I don't have time for people who just want to throw insults and play games.
The USA is in some deep deep trouble. If you want to stay asleep, go right ahead. I can't help you guys. But at least you would have been warned.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Maybe you are a Communist as well?

LOL. More good detective work from our own Dick Tracy.

And yes I busted you. Trying to rewrite history eh?

Everybody can read back and see when it was mentioned, Eag. Sorry.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 23, 2014 8:54 pm

burrrton wrote:
Maybe you are a Communist as well?

LOL. More good detective work from our own Dick Tracy.

And yes I busted you. Trying to rewrite history eh?

Everybody can read back and see when it was mentioned, Eag. Sorry.

Yes they can.

And they can see your apologies to all. Then your continuing with insults. Height of hypocrisy.
But anyway that is the past.
I am not going to argue the past.

Suffice to say I fear something nefarious happened to MH370. Too many coincidences about the circumstances of the passengers. I think the big x factor here is China.
If this was some sort of black ops thing(and I have no proof of that) and Chinese citizens were killed, then how would China react if they found proof of this? Of course no one of knows this to be the case, and I am speculating only.

A part of me feels that we will never find the plane.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 23, 2014 10:19 pm

(and I have no proof of that)

Since when does that stop an observant, informed guy like you?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat May 24, 2014 7:17 am

Burr,

Ur baiting me is noted! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 30, 2014 10:09 am

Now apparently its not in the Southern Indian Ocean:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1273091/malays ... ian-ocean/
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 am

And they may have been mistaking their own pings for the black box, if I heard correctly!

What a freaking cluster.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat May 31, 2014 5:14 pm

Maybe they ought to start searching in the Bermuda Triangle.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat May 31, 2014 9:08 pm

RiverDog wrote:Maybe they ought to start searching in the Bermuda Triangle.

Guessing at this point it'd give them the same chances of finding it...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:24 pm

RiverDog wrote:Maybe they ought to start searching in the Bermuda Triangle.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 051931.cms

Now some lady off the coast of Australia sailing with her husband saw the plane supposedly on fire, with other lights nearby it. Here's an exerpt:

Adding to the uncertainty surrounding the plane's possible final location, a British woman sailing with her husband across the Indian Ocean from Kerala's port city of Kochi to Phuket in Thailand has claimed she may have seen the plane on fire.

Katherine Tee, 41, reported on Sunday to the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) that is leading the MH370 search that she was on night-watch on the couple's 40-feet boat when flight MH370 vanished.

The couple have since re-checked their sailing logs and believe they were near one of the projected flight paths for the aircraft, now missing for nearly three months.

Tee, who was at sea for 13 months, said she did not report the sighting at the time because of marital issues and because she feared being mistaken.

"I saw something that looked like a plane on fire. Then I thought I must be mad. It caught my attention because I had never seen a plane with orange lights before so I wondered what they were...," she told the Phuket Gazette.

Media reports said Australian authorities were looking at Tee's claim.

"It looked longer than planes usually do. There was what appeared to be black smoke behind it," Tee said.

"I looked back through our GPS logs...what we saw was consistent with the confirmed contact which the authorities had from MH370," she said.

Tee said she saw other planes nearby and thought they would have reported the burning plane.

The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight continues to focus along an arc hundreds of kilometers long, the area where investigators believe the Boeing 777 ran out of fuel, about 1,000 miles off the coast of Western Australia.

Of course you guys already know what I have to say about the underlined part of her sighting. ;)
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:59 am

burrrton wrote:Eag, I'm not trying to be all that insulting except to imply that seeing conspiracy in just about every complex situation is kinda nutty.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Your bluster makes me laugh though.

Ok, good. We've got that, then.

Now that we've calmed down a bit and are speaking civilly to each other, (not that we weren't before).
My answer is not everything is a conspiracy. I definitely agree with you Burr. Just keep your eyes on alternate media and be leary of MSM and make up your own mind which I don't need to tell you to do, since we do agree on much actually.

My theory is that as people see more and more of the USA going downhill(attack on 2nd Amendment(why?), VA hospital care, illegals being all of a sudden welcomed to the US, IRS debacle, release of 5 terrorists for arguably a deserter, support for Syrian rebels to the tune of millions, troops now going to Europe to be stationed in near Ukraine, etc.), they will search out for themselves what the heck is going on and make their own conclusion. Of course you realize that there is a real possibility that we will see Jeb Bush against Hillary Clinton this time around. :roll:

Will that prove to some that the game is rigged? For me I already know its rigged. Its just that Americans are doing nothing(non-violently of course) that I see about this at the moment. Was it Jefferson(or Franklin) who said those who give up freedom for more security deserve neither.

A tipping point will come, maybe in 4 years or so, maybe 6 years. You will see lots more crap happen unfortunately before people understand that the temperature is rising and yet the frog ain't moving. (Just yet).
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:52 am

My answer is not everything is a conspiracy. I definitely agree with you Burr.

I know you don't- I didn't mean "everything" literally, but if that still too big an indictment, consider it retracted or at least more directed to the conspiracy mindset some others seem to hold.

My theory is that as people see more and more of the USA going downhill(attack on 2nd Amendment(why?), VA hospital care, illegals being all of a sudden welcomed to the US, IRS debacle, release of 5 terrorists for arguably a deserter, support for Syrian rebels to the tune of millions, troops now going to Europe to be stationed in near Ukraine, etc.), they will search out for themselves what the heck is going on and make their own conclusion.

Agreed on all that, as well as the general direction we seem to be heading right now. I'd just say don't assume those who don't feel as alarmed don't know what the heck is going on.

I think some people's hackles just aren't raised as easily as others', and also that sometimes people who think they 'know what's going on' simply don't. Not saying that applies to you necessarily- it's just a general observation.

Of course you realize that there is a real possibility that we will see Jeb Bush against Hillary Clinton this time around.

Yeah, kill me now (and I don't have an ULTRA strong negative opinion about either one of them).

Will that prove to some that the game is rigged? For me I already know its rigged.

To me, it's not so much rigged as just very difficult to run for national office, and in my eyes, that's not good or bad- it's just the way it is by its very nature.

A tipping point will come, maybe in 4 years or so, maybe 6 years. You will see lots more crap happen unfortunately before people understand that the temperature is rising and yet the frog ain't moving. (Just yet).

Again no disagreement, but just take heart in the fact that people have been saying that for a long, long time. Circumstances aren't as dire as they feel sometimes.

Nothing wrong with staying alert to it, though, and making others aware as long as you're reasonable in what freaks you out, ya know?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am

Yup, Burr agree with everything you just said. Well put.

Let's see what happens, these are momentous times.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:20 pm

This may have already been said but how in the hell is it possible to turn off a transponder 13 years after 911? Incredible. A former general stated on Fox News shortly after the disappearance that he believed the plane had been hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists to be used at a later date and that he had anonymous sources. At the time Israel had issued a dire warning regarding any plane attempting to enter its airspace without proper identification. That general has absolutely been silent for 3 months and we have no plane, no debris, no clue what happened. At a minimum it is an amazing saga....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Hawktawk wrote:This may have already been said but how in the hell is it possible to turn off a transponder 13 years after 911? Incredible. A former general stated on Fox News shortly after the disappearance that he believed the plane had been hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists to be used at a later date and that he had anonymous sources. At the time Israel had issued a dire warning regarding any plane attempting to enter its airspace without proper identification. That general has absolutely been silent for 3 months and we have no plane, no debris, no clue what happened. At a minimum it is an amazing saga....

That's a good point about being able to turn off a transponder.

But as to the rest of the conspiracy theory I don't buy. I can't see flying that plane to a land based runway big enough to accommodate a 777 and keep it off land based radar. It is not unprecedented for an aircraft that crashed at sea to not have any of the wreckage discovered.

But you're right about one thing: It is an amazing saga, and perhaps one of the greatest unsolved crimes in the past 50 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 am

RiverDog wrote:
Hawktawk wrote:This may have already been said but how in the hell is it possible to turn off a transponder 13 years after 911? Incredible. A former general stated on Fox News shortly after the disappearance that he believed the plane had been hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists to be used at a later date and that he had anonymous sources. At the time Israel had issued a dire warning regarding any plane attempting to enter its airspace without proper identification. That general has absolutely been silent for 3 months and we have no plane, no debris, no clue what happened. At a minimum it is an amazing saga....

That's a good point about being able to turn off a transponder.

But as to the rest of the conspiracy theory I don't buy. I can't see flying that plane to a land based runway big enough to accommodate a 777 and keep it off land based radar. It is not unprecedented for an aircraft that crashed at sea to not have any of the wreckage discovered.

But you're right about one thing: It is an amazing saga, and perhaps one of the greatest unsolved crimes in the past 50 years.

We are in agreement Riv, I dislike people using the term conspiracy theory to make people seem like nutjobs. You didn't so I am not talking about you but that whole narrative that conspiracy theorists are crazies was started by MSM and our gvt. And now the "enemy" are vets and right wing "conspiracy theorists". No joking Riv. I saw the Homeland Security vids, in a professional capacity, and that is what they are telling police and security personnel these days. So you and I are ostracized, just because of our beliefs?(To the right of the current administration). And to this forum's credit, no one has done that on here, which is a good thing. (Backhanded criticism notwithstanding).
So thus my concern.
And no, some conspiracy stuff is too insane to even bring up. I am far from that extreme. HAHA. I just will keep on listening to Ron Paul and hope we can get the guy to be our President some day.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 am

OK, after months of nothing new to read in the saga of the missing plane two new facts have been reported in the last week. The first is that the FBI did indeed find files on the pilots computer where he had been practicing landing on small islands in the Indian Ocean. He had deleted these files so it took some time for the computer experts to piece them altogether again. Now, that doesn't prove anything but is interesting. A person would have to believe that any island that had an airstrip of any size in the Indian Ocean was searched, and I don't mean just flown over but I mean boots on the ground searched. The plane could have skidded off the end of a too short runway and the wreckage could by hidden by the jungle canopy. That would answer the question as to why many of the passengers cell phone incoming calls were still going to voice mail for a few days.

While it is incomprehensible that these islands haven't been searched nothing would surprise me with how badly the search was botched from the start.

The second thing to come out is that the pilot's wife has confirmed that it was her husband's voice that signed off in the last transmission to the tower.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:OK, after months of nothing new to read in the saga of the missing plane two new facts have been reported in the last week. The first is that the FBI did indeed find files on the pilots computer where he had been practicing landing on small islands in the Indian Ocean. He had deleted these files so it took some time for the computer experts to piece them altogether again. Now, that doesn't prove anything but is interesting. A person would have to believe that any island that had an airstrip of any size in the Indian Ocean was searched, and I don't mean just flown over but I mean boots on the ground searched. The plane could have skidded off the end of a too short runway and the wreckage could by hidden by the jungle canopy. That would answer the question as to why many of the passengers cell phone incoming calls were still going to voice mail for a few days.

While it is incomprehensible that these islands haven't been searched nothing would surprise me with how badly the search was botched from the start.

The second thing to come out is that the pilot's wife has confirmed that it was her husband's voice that signed off in the last transmission to the tower.

The problem with the reporting is that it neglected to mention there is no actual island in the far south of the Indian Ocean with an airfield. Although flight simulator software is highly realistic, it is also a game. As a game it drops islands with airfields all over the world that don't actually exist. Is it surprising that someone whose only apparent hobby was flying his flight simulator would have "Island landings" on it? Not to me.

The real news is that the analysis of the flight path indicated that the aircraft was almost certainly under autopilot control for at least the last five hours of the flight. So for the majority of the flight there were no human inputs in to the plane. This seems to argue for some type of event, fire, or explosive depressurization that disabled the passengers and eventually the crew. With the aircraft simply flying on until it ran out of fuel.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:47 am

An on board event such as fire and/or depressurization has always been the way I have been leaning it doesn't answer the question of the left turn w/o the pilot declaring an emergency, unless that emergency some how knocked out all communications. I believe the answer is with those batteries that were in the cargo hold that are know to ignite spontaneously.

In another report that came out last week Malaysia now says that the plane did not do a wild climb up to 45,000 ft. and then come back down to 2,000 ft. as was previously reported. I can understand the frustration of the families who have had to endure all kinds of erroneous reports that are later said to be not true. How could anyone believe anything the authorities have to say, that plane simply has to be found and even then it might not solve all of the unanswered questions.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:51 am

4Ever and Folk,

You guys are spot on. There has been so much disinformation out there, that I can't even speculate intelligently anymore. In my gut, I know Rolls Royce or some similar org. knows exactly where that plane is. But I can't prove it. And it still does not address the issue of what happened.

I don't know if you guys remember the Payne Stewart crash. But this case is beginning to look more and more like that accident in my mind.

Practicing landings on a sim is nothing anymore. And landing on islands means nothing. I agree.
Computer sims used to be games, but now a days, they come with HUD's and they are realistic, with ATC voices and everything.
Some you can connect foot rudders, throttle and yoke(joystick ala Airbus) to your computer. And current charts are available as well. This stuff is as real as it gets, especially when you are shooting an ILS down to minimums at LAX, LAS or EWR with ATC barking at other aircraft every 200 feet.
The real thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsG_rvyLnYQ

Computer Sim(albeit diff. A/C)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTE0MxwevY
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic