Barrett Jackson

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Barrett Jackson

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:57 am

In Scottsdale this week with my best friend of 45 years . It’s the second time I’ve been invited by Dale who is wealthy and retired with a few cars in his garage . What a show. Over 2 k cars , warmth , rock bands , beautiful people everywhere . The only bummer is I can’t afford to buy anything . But this is the super bowl of car shows and everything is for sale . Highly entertaining
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Barrett Jackson

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:33 am

I was in Las Vegas a few years ago for their show then and it was almost sensory overload when we went to look at the cars before they were to be sold.
So many absolutely beautiful vehicles all in one place.
What it does show is on the first couple of days of the auction what normal driver cars are going for. So for instance I was interested in the '68 - '71 Corvette Roadster and some usually go in the first couple of days.
When we were there 2 went for some very reasonable money. I wasn't ready to buy - and still not, but it showed what the marketplace is for a used car of that type and vintage. Later on when the perfectly restored
or rarely used cars came up, they went for astronomical prices.
Have fun, and if your friend buys enjoy the moment.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Re: Barrett Jackson

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:01 pm

Thanks north .,I agree and I felt a but sorry for some sellers yesterday as flawless cars were being undersold . Maybe some half price . It’s extremely busy but maybe the stock market or something it was pretty depressed prices .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic