Calling in sick

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Calling in sick

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:42 pm

Tomorrow morning I'm having surgery to repair a particularly nasty right shoulder injury. My shoulder will be immobilized for 6 weeks before I can begin rehab and may effect my running the three deep mock this year. If everything goes well I should make it back in time but this particular surgery has about a 60% success rate and if it doesn't go so well I may not do a three deep this year. And, being left handed hunt and peck I probably won't be doing more than a couple words here and there in the rest of the forum anyhow. Wish me luck.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Calling in sick

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:46 pm

Good luck, c-bob. Hopefully the surgery goes well.

Maybe someone else will pick up the three deep mock so all you have to do is make up a draft this year. I know people like picking those players.

I have a shoulder issue myself right now. Not sure what caused it, but it seems to be slowly healing after about 3 weeks. Too much overhead pressing or something. I hope I don't need surgery.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:48 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Tomorrow morning I'm having surgery to repair a particularly nasty right shoulder injury. My shoulder will be immobilized for 6 weeks before I can begin rehab and may effect my running the three deep mock this year. If everything goes well I should make it back in time but this particular surgery has about a 60% success rate and if it doesn't go so well I may not do a three deep this year. And, being left handed hunt and peck I probably won't be doing more than a couple words here and there in the rest of the forum anyhow. Wish me luck.

Best of luck, my friend!

This information needs to be posted in the Seahawks forum as it's definitely related to Seahawks football. You are a Seahawk, are you not?

Edit: I had rotator cuff repair surgery about 8 years ago, and it went great with my repaired shoulder being stronger than my undamaged one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:44 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Tomorrow morning I'm having surgery to repair a particularly nasty right shoulder injury. My shoulder will be immobilized for 6 weeks before I can begin rehab and may effect my running the three deep mock this year. If everything goes well I should make it back in time but this particular surgery has about a 60% success rate and if it doesn't go so well I may not do a three deep this year. And, being left handed hunt and peck I probably won't be doing more than a couple words here and there in the rest of the forum anyhow. Wish me luck.

Good luck with the surgery, Bob. I hope to hear from you soon, but sometimes these things take longer than expected and sometimes less. Let's hope it's less time to heal than expected.
Drop in when you can even if it's a short hunt'n'peck msg.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:31 am

Home recuperating. I can type left handed better than I thought I'd be able to (thank god for spell check!)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:21 am

Good news!
If you are right handed, mouse work might be a bit of a learning curve, but using the Tab key can sometimes work in a pinch.

On a side note about using computers:
There used to be a commercial up here for a cold remedy and it featured a woman who stated "Thanks to autocorrect I just texted my boss that I won't be in today because I woke up with a nasty clown."
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:52 am

Thats hilarious, luckily autocorrect on your phone and spell check on my laptop are different things!

And yes, i'm right handed. So is my mouse. the solution is my laptop on a tv tray right at my left elbow. Capitalization and punctuatin suffer but it's manageable.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:30 pm

Excellent news! I'm elated that your surgery went well enough at least for you to be able to communicate. Now, here's to a full and complete recovery!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:45 am

Good to hear it all went well. Hopefully recovery will go quick as well.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am

Good luck Bob . I had my right done right before the hawks won the super bowl . It’s a process coming back . Wish you a speedy recovery .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:44 pm

Good luck. I know a number of people who have had a similar surgery and every single one has been very happy with the results and often feel much stronger 1 year post surgery.
mykc14
Legacy

Return to Off Topic