Walmart Closing Portland Stores

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Walmart Closing Portland Stores

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:02 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Decriminalized not legalized. Big difference.

Burn heroin and opiate dealers to the ground. Evil people selling poison to our children.

Legalize MJ. Treat some of the other drugs according to their level of damage and addictiveness.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Walmart Closing Portland Stores

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:56 pm

mykc14 wrote:You don't blame the Dems for leagilizing hard core drug possession (an issues which is clearly connected to homelessness)? 90% of us could see that would lead to more people selling drugs (I mean they can essentially have a months worth of drugs on them without consequence), drug abusers moving in, and crime in general (also clearly connected with homelessness). Combine that with the 90% of the issues surrounding police departments (defunding movements) and not prosecuting criminals or enforcing vagrancy laws and I would say you have about 90% of the reason Seattle and Portland are falling apart. Liberal Democrat policies have ruined Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, etc... Those cities were beautiful for decades- being ran by Democrats. I don't have a problem with Dem's, its the extreme liberal policies that are to blame and they certainly are increasing homeless numbers in Seattle and Portland.

Although it was an issue promoted mostly by Democrats, many Republicans were in on the de-criminalization of drugs legislation, too. It was a bipartisan effort.

We're at the point now where homelessness has become a counter culture lifestyle. I saw a panhandler the other day talking on his cell phone. I don't think it matters much which party has the steering wheel. It's more of a societal problem than it is a political one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic