Sha'carri Richardson wins the World Title in the 100m

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Sha'carri Richardson wins the World Title in the 100m

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvtaKbkhK0

This was an awesome race. A few years ago she was disqualified from the Olympics for a positive weed test. She got back to work. She made that work pay off. Jamaicans been dominating since 2017. She beat the top Jamaican female runners and ran in 10.65. Second only to Flo Jo.

I love a great athlete that can overcome adversity and come back huge. This tiny woman can fly.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Sha'carri Richardson wins the World Title in the 100m

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:40 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvtaKbkhK0

This was an awesome race. A few years ago she was disqualified from the Olympics for a positive weed test. She got back to work. She made that work pay off. Jamaicans been dominating since 2017. She beat the top Jamaican female runners and ran in 10.65. Second only to Flo Jo.

I love a great athlete that can overcome adversity and come back huge. This tiny woman can fly.

I just saw a snap shot on the TV news about it yesterday and wasn't paying much attention, almost mistook her for Simone Biles. Sounds like an interesting story.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:51 am

She was ripped off in the Olympics with that suspension.
There's no way that cannabis is in any way a performance enhancement substance. If anything it inhibits top athletic performance.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:45 pm

NorthHawk wrote:She was ripped off in the Olympics with that suspension.
There's no way that cannabis is in any way a performance enhancement substance. If anything it inhibits top athletic performance.

That DQ was BS. Olympics needs to update its weed policy.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:38 pm

I'm not familiar with the suspension, but I completely agree with the two of you. They should be testing for PED's and nothing else.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:35 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm not familiar with the suspension, but I completely agree with the two of you. They should be testing for PED's and nothing else.

I posted about it back in 2020 during the pandemic. It's been buried at this point. She came back. She should be ready for 2024. She's looking strong right now. The girl like is about 5 feet tall and she can straight pump those short legs. The Jamaican woman Shericka Jackson is 5'8" and Sha'carri is 5'1". So Jackson has a much longer stride. But that small woman has a ton of power in those legs. So she starts off often a little slower, then when she reaches top speed it's fast. She's a bit like Shelly Ann Frayser-Price, the top female Jamaican runner of recent times.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic