Domestic Terrorists?

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Domestic Terrorists?

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:33 pm

I guess Clive Bundy and his family now are domestic terrorists according to Reid.

Really?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Domestic Terrorists?

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 pm

They aren't terrorists, but they are far from patriots as well.

The fact is they have been in and out of the court system for years. For all of their "not recognizing the federal government" their lawyer sure does.

The facts of the case; they were ordered (just like every other rancher in the area) to reduce the number head per acre they grazed on government land. Instead they increased the number of head per acre.

They began running cattle on park land they they had never historically used at all. They have no permit for that land now, nor have they ever.

15,000 other ranchers are complying with the rules the Bundy's find so offensive.

I have family that are ranchers and it is true that government regulations have made it very difficult to be a rancher in this day and age. Often the BLM rules and regs make no sense, but after 15 years in court it's pretty clear what the Bundy's were supposed to do and what they refused to do. They are no different than a family squatting in a building they don't own and living off of welfare. They are trying to make themselves out to be patriots and the fact is they are leaches.

Now they have attracted every anti-government nutbag that's been sucking on the ultra right wing media teet. These people have no knowledge of ranching, cattle or any such thing. They showed up with weapons ready to kill people. They set up sniper nests and kill boxes. Some of them advocated putting innocents in the line of fire to up the body count when the shooting started. These people are no patriots, they want to start a war. They don't care who gets killed starting it either.

Luckily there was at least one person in charge of the scene on the government side that saw just how dangerous the situation was and reversed course.

I do not feel for the Bundy's. They have had many, many chances to make this right and they have refused. As far as I'm concerned they should be jailed until the fines are paid, in full.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 am

FolkCrusader wrote:They aren't terrorists, but they are far from patriots as well.

The fact is they have been in and out of the court system for years. For all of their "not recognizing the federal government" their lawyer sure does.

The facts of the case; they were ordered (just like every other rancher in the area) to reduce the number head per acre they grazed on government land. Instead they increased the number of head per acre.

They began running cattle on park land they they had never historically used at all. They have no permit for that land now, nor have they ever.

15,000 other ranchers are complying with the rules the Bundy's find so offensive.

I have family that are ranchers and it is true that government regulations have made it very difficult to be a rancher in this day and age. Often the BLM rules and regs make no sense, but after 15 years in court it's pretty clear what the Bundy's were supposed to do and what they refused to do. They are no different than a family squatting in a building they don't own and living off of welfare. They are trying to make themselves out to be patriots and the fact is they are leaches.

Now they have attracted every anti-government nutbag that's been sucking on the ultra right wing media teet. These people have no knowledge of ranching, cattle or any such thing. They showed up with weapons ready to kill people. They set up sniper nests and kill boxes. Some of them advocated putting innocents in the line of fire to up the body count when the shooting started. These people are no patriots, they want to start a war. They don't care who gets killed starting it either.

Luckily there was at least one person in charge of the scene on the government side that saw just how dangerous the situation was and reversed course.

I do not feel for the Bundy's. They have had many, many chances to make this right and they have refused. As far as I'm concerned they should be jailed until the fines are paid, in full.

We both agree on that point. Why would Reid call them terrorists then?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
We both agree on that point. Why would Reid call them terrorists then?

Had to find the quote, but pretty sure he was calling the armed supporters who were pointing guns at people the "domestic terrorists." As far as I know, none of the Bundy family were ever armed.

You can read for yourself here;

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/r ... terrorists
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby jelliejones » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Some of them advocated putting innocents in the line of fire to up the body count when the shooting started.

Last edited by jelliejones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jelliejones
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Once they closed the area and restricted Free Speech and started tazing family members, the feds lost my respect.
Bundy and BLM may have some history with BLM, but Reid and the current person in charge of the BLM also have history.

And the BLM started this thing with 20 snipers at the Bundy ranch. Sure, the militias joined in later, but the heavy handedness of BLM was to blame here. This is a tax bill, which the Bundy's disagree with for historical reasons that I will not get into.

If they want their cattle why not lien them?
The feds knew they would never find a buyer for that cattle.

I am disgusted with Reid and his actions. Many many Americans feel like me as well. Hopefully they kick him and his ilk out of Nevada office.
I am embarrassed that I even used to be a Democrat back in the day. (And the Republicans are just as bad by the way). Which is why these days I am neither. The politicians now just use DHS to call honest, hard working American women and families protesting a fed takeover on public property, "terrorists"(Bundy supporters) when we all know its bs. But we are allowing them to structure the argument. Its a fact that you have more of a chance of being stung by a honey bee than of dying in a terrorist attack.

Thank god for the 2nd Amendment! You folks may support the police state now, but you have no idea what Reid and his son will start if a shooting war begins in Nevada. The beginning of a civil war that Obama may not want actually, but he does say that he sees himself as Lincoln.
It may not finish well for the militias(especially since some of the feds are already infiltrated in them to provocateur stuff so the gvt can come down hard on them. Unfortunately for this country, either way a civil war starts in this country, it will not go well for the feds or their hired contractors, I guarantee you. I hope for peace among men, and for everyone to cool it as Rand Paul said.

And let's get the feds out of owning land PERIOD!!!!! Give it back to private people to own sell and improve on. We already saw how BLM destroyed his land just in the 1 week they were there, shooting bulls, killing cattle, destroying watersheds, and ruining an actual desert tortoise burrow.
Reid called them domestic terrorists so that he can have a field day shooting them up. His plan will not work. Americans are waking up. Even Governor Perry is onto the BLM if you look at his recent remarks.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri May 09, 2014 7:03 am

Militia still on his property from last report.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic