ERIC CANTOR OUT!

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

ERIC CANTOR OUT!

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 pm

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 0-20-05-45

Good news for a change! Let's see how many more smug incumbents from both parties get thrown out.

Oh, and 'thank you God and thank you VIRGINIA!'
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: ERIC CANTOR OUT!

Postby burrrton » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 am

Yep- remains to be seen if it's a smart move for Republicans (I have no idea what kind of candidate Brat is, nor who his opponent will be), but it seems to me a good move for America.

Reminding politicians they govern *only* through the consent of the governed, and that consent can be jerked away without notice, has to be a net positive.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am

The wonderful thing is that Cantor is out as of today. Technically, he should be moving out of his office right now, but he is resigning on July 31st. Its over. Loved watching his fake smile and his unprepared losing speech.

You mentioned Burr, when you said "good move for America" something that I agree with and I'll chime in with the fact that I think that Virginia may have just saved the Republic. Okay being a little bit too melodramatic here, but you get my drift. What a happy shocker!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm glad he got beat.And he got shelled too, wow it was almost as big a beat down as the Super Bowl.

What an empty suit, a talking head. Where do these dip$#its come from and who votes for them?Not sure I trust the Tea Party either though...

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone is in favor of amnesty for any illegal alien. There is a process that leads to citizenship. My Dad used it after world war 2 making me the first American generation.Theres also a system for alien residency for those who want to work to support their family. Now we have criminals and bottom feeders flooding across the border to commit crimes and finish bankrupting an already broken social safety net system. I don't mean to generalize, many of the Hispanics are fine and upstanding hard workers. I employ a couple of them. But there is a significant element of bad coming. It sort of reminds me of the Cuban boat lift which exploded the crime rate in America while Castro laughed all the way to the bank. Only there will be million of people coming now, not thousands.

Were screwed IMO. This is a snowball rolling downhill on its way to hell.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Off Topic