If Obama was a white man......

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: If Obama was a white man......

Postby burrrton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Create a place to learn, people will come. Someone will want to teach. I think you would find that you would get a better outcome if you had people doing things that they were interested in, instead of being forced to find a "career" or in it for the money. It would be who actually wants to do it.

Ever heard the phrase "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"? :)

Face it- human nature dictates that your utopia can never exist. We're just not wired that way, whether you think that's because it's an evolutionary behavior or because we live in a fallen world.

Even if you find someone who *will* show up to teach simply for the joy of it, you also have to find someone to build their house simply for the joy of building, someone who will refine petroleum simply for the joy of refining, someone who will deliver goods simply for the joy of delivering, and so on, and all of them will have to ignore that any extra effort is not rewarded, that doing it better doesn't matter in the slightest.

Ain't happening.

The food is so devoid of nutrient that we are all getting sick at an alarming rate, not to mention the poisons in 99% of the food found on the grocery store shelves.

Nonsense. We're healthier today than we've ever been in history. Our life expectancy has risen at an almost alarming rate. Our biggest problem is obesity for chrissakes. If we were being "tortured" by a lack of nutrients, how is that "torture" manifesting?

I can no longer recognize them as an actual government.

I'm sure that will work out well for you.

on top of torture, i will add in GENOCIDE by the government and it's corporate affiliates!!!

Atta boy- make all the words meaningless!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Both Reagan and Bush made their EOs after Congress was unable to pass legislation to do what they wanted.

*sigh*

http://bit.ly/1rYvlit

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ty/382906/

http://nypost.com/2014/11/18/white-hous ... ion-order/

"It was a reference to executive orders both Reagan and Bush signed following enactment of 1986 immigration legislation that granted amnesty to many aliens without accounting for their spouses or minor children who didn’t meet the requirements."

Even if you want to argue Obama is *also* working WITH the intent of the legislative branch, as some left-wing sources do (it's a horrible stretch), there is simply no argument that Reagan/Bush41 were not*.

*Well, unless you want to argue Congress intended to legalize parents who'd been here long enough, but not their children.

[edit]

Here's another from that Republican house organ, the WaPo:

http://tinyurl.com/nrp3uec

And I largely agree with that article, by the way. I think the House should have passed the Senate bill.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:07 pm

It's just the lack of a space before your first link that threw the forum software. It looks for "http://" to know to turn it into a link, and in your first post there, it sees "piece):http://". Make sense?

That said, did you read your link beyond the headline?

"Reagan's and Bush's actions were conducted in the wake of a sweeping, bipartisan immigration overhaul and at a time when "amnesty" was not a dirty word. Their actions were less controversial because there was a consensus in Washington that the 1986 law needed a few fixes and Congress was poised to act on them. Obama is acting as the country — and Washington — are bitterly divided over a broken immigration system and what to do about 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally."

A POTUS can act "unilaterally" and still be doing so *with* the intent of Congress.

My tremors are making this typing difficult, so I may not respond for a while. May be better later.

:) No prob, my friend.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:23 pm

burrrton, take a look at the ingredients in your cupboard and look up what they are and where they came from. Most are toxic wastes that are PAID TO DISCARD in food and other things, not bought to use as an ingredient. Then look up mice studies, other than the FDA's, and you will see the results.

The use of pesticide and GMO products has taken EVERYONES safety and longevity to a whole new level. GMO's do not produce more food, they create their own poison to keep them healthier, they give the farmer a little bit of a break from natural alternatives. Roundup used on your food before you see it, is inside your food right now. YOU CANNOT WASH THAT s*** OFF!!! The roundup/pesticide is becoming less potent and they are now having to make stronger chemicals. PLANTS ARE GENETICALLY MODIFIED TO PRODUCE THEIR OWN PESTICIDES!!! Making these plants no longer completely nutritious or even the same. These GMO plants pollinate ALL organic plants and crossbreed with the GMO plants leaving Monsanto (the GMO creator AND maker of Agent Orange & round-up) able to sue the organic farmer and have them closed down for patent purposes, creating a poisonous monopoly of the food industry.

You would be surprised at what the actual causes of obesity, they are not just eating too much junk food or fat.

There is pharmaceutical's in our water. our water has been filtered and garbage poison added back in. Check your water report and then study it and research everything on it. Then have it tested yourself because you should not trust them. For one the water travels a long way after they test it and two they do not tell you everything. Fluoride is not good for a person but yet they always push it and it is in everything, including our water. Do you have white spots on your teeth? that is FLUOROSIS ! too much fluoride.

Look up what Candida Albicans (yeast in your body,in some it comes out as eccema, others in hundreds of different ways) are and do a very extensive study as to what they are and what the can and will cause and what kind of food encourages them. Ask your doctor about them and they may laugh at you. Hell our medicine does not even recognize WORMS in our body until it is almost too late. If you don't de-worm yourself YOU HAVE WORMS!!! Worms will cause so many problems in your body , you couldn't imagine.

I could go on all day about this BS but i cannot change your mind by just telling you. You NEED to do your homework and find the truth yourself. Healthier now than ever? Maybe we were but not anymore. People my age (36) are getting cancers much sooner and more rapidly progressive ones at that.

The food experiment has not been if full effect for too long (started somewhere around the 70's) but my generation gets to experience it's full effect which has yet to show like a beaming light on the surface.

Any way, again, too much to convey in so little time and now we are too far off topic of what this world would be like if Obama was white! :D
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm

[/quote]Atta boy- make all the words meaningless![/quote]

NONSENSE!!!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Check this out!!! Monsanto, the creator of GMO food, does not even allow GMO food in their facilities.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international ... log/39002/

GMO free countries.

http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/gmo-free-regions.html

some very good reason to NOT consume GMO food

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... an-health/

In the United States, more than 80% of many major crops (including corn, soy, and sugar beets) are grown from genetically engineered seed. About 70% of processed foods contain GMOs. Crops that are most likely to be genetically engineered include: soy, corn, canola (rapeseed), sugar beets, zucchini and yellow summer squash.

http://justfood.org/food-justice/gmos-our-food-system

That pesky little yeast bug i spoke of earlier Candida, but you do not need prescription medicine to keep them in check (Probiotics and other natural remedies will do that and then some). Also been studied in causes of cancer. Your body has a blend of bugs in it so small you cannot see them (good and bad at all times) but they keep your body in balance and nutritional, gmo free food will be very productive in keeping them in balance. We are like a plant, we NEED balance or we will wilt over or have failing parts at some time or another. Too much of one thing or another will cause your body to react against whatever it is that is out of balance. DO NOT just read this site as it is just a quick search for general info on Candida.

http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/312.html
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 pm

You would be surprised at what the actual causes of obesity, they are not just eating too much junk food or fat.

No I wouldn't- I worked in healthcare for a decade and have read on it extensively.

You're right that our "poor" eat crppy food, but there is *still* no sign of malnutrition in virtually *any* of our population.

And I can't go back and forth on this- you're talking about a subject that is beyond the pale for me. I've had a friend who thought he had "TEH CANDIDA!" He was a hypochondriac who smoked too much dope who went to (literally) like 20 different doctors until he found some pseudo-MD who didn't think he was a kook who'd read too many nutty websites, and he clung to that "diagnosis" like grim death no matter what anyone else said (see also: conspiracy theorists).

Good luck to you. Just please don't take anyone with you when you decide you've had enough.

[edit]

And you shouldn't need to be told this, but I'll mention it because Greenpeace makes a habit out of fcking up this bit of basic logic:

For the question of "is it safe or not", the burden of proof is on the person claiming it's *not*, because the state of being "safe" (healthy) is the default. So when you hear Greenpeace holler "THEY HAVE NEVER PROOOOOVEN IT'S SAFE!", you know they're full of sh*t.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:19 am

There is no doubt that the atmosphere is different regarding immigration, but my point was that the Congress was not willing to pass the adjustments that Reagan and Bush wanted at the time. That is why they used the EO to make it effective.

That's revisionist history- even your article shows that's not true (" there was a consensus in Washington that the 1986 law needed a few fixes and Congress was poised to act on them"). They used EOs instead because it was immediate, affected such a small number of people, and was perfectly in line with the intent of the law.

This is not an earthshaking position.

Debatable, but either way, the point is that it's unnecessary (there is no crisis this is solving), mostly meaningless to the illegals' lives (they are no closer to citizenship now than before and can still be deported anytime), and makes it so no *actual* immigration reform will happen anytime soon (which we desperately need).

Can you help me understand how to include more than one link in one post?

Just copy/paste each link on its own line with no other text on either end.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 am

No I wouldn't- I worked in healthcare for a decade and have read on it extensively.

You're right that our "poor" eat crppy food, but there is *still* no sign of malnutrition in virtually *any* of our population.

And I can't go back and forth on this- you're talking about a subject that is beyond the pale for me. I've had a friend who thought he had "TEH CANDIDA!" He was a hypochondriac who smoked too much dope who went to (literally) like 20 different doctors until he found some pseudo-MD who didn't think he was a kook who'd read too many nutty websites, and he clung to that "diagnosis" like grim death no matter what anyone else said (see also: conspiracy theorists).

Good luck to you. Just please don't take anyone with you when you decide you've had enough.

[edit]

And you shouldn't need to be told this, but I'll mention it because Greenpeace makes a habit out of fcking up this bit of basic logic:

For the question of "is it safe or not", the burden of proof is on the person claiming it's *not*, because the state of being "safe" (healthy) is the default. So when you hear Greenpeace holler "THEY HAVE NEVER PROOOOOVEN IT'S SAFE!", you know they're full of sh*t.
[/quote]

It does sound like your friend has a little issue but Candida is easy to diagnose with a simple culture sample.. We all have Candida in us at ALL TIMES, they just cause issues when they become unbalanced. Candida THRIVES off of sugars, and more so refined sugars, along with other stuff we should not eat. This Is not your normal conspiracy, there is proof in the fact that processed food are bad and the chemicals you find in them you will find in other chemicals with labels that read " this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive issues". Guess what, these chemicals are also in the medicine they give people.

Don't worry I am not for just going out to war and taking lives. I would only do so when everyone else wakes up and sees the truth. I would also prefer to hold a massive protest and if they did not step down from their position or tried to attack the protesters, then it is time to walk in the building and remove them from the position. Only, and i mean ONLY, when they tried to stop the people from taking back their country is the only time I would go for violence. I am not a violent person, i just have strong convictions.

Ben Franklin “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”

The default in our food should NEVER be that it is safe until proven otherwise. This is not a criminal court case, this is EVERYONE'S health at stake. There ARE actually plenty of studies out there that prove lab rats get cancers and other diseases from GMO food but you keep on denying it without any research on it what so ever. Kinda futureite like i say. So when you say "Greenpeace makes a habit out of fcking up this bit of basic logic:" you are allowing your government (FDA) to give you poison without any real research on the matter or just plain lies.

Look up Aspartame (Nutri Sweet) and Donald Rumsfeld and you will see a prime example of the plan to make people sick!!!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:11 am

Read this one Burrton. If you still don't agree then fine but i would ask you, would you stick a toothpick in Round-up than swirl it in a gallon of milk and proceed to drink it? If you would drink it, you have issues. If you wouldn't drink it, why would you eat food sprayed with it? Plants are just like us and we are just like plants. Whatever touches our skin soaks in, good or bad. Same with a plant. Foliar feeding plants is a great way to get them healthy again after a bought of malnutrition as is soaking your body in a mineral rich bath. It soaks in and plants itself somewhere in your body. For how long, who knows, if it ever even leaves the body.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... foods.aspx

The truth about processed foods and lack of nutrition:

http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/nutriti ... k-06222013

I agree that we don't need to go back and forth with this but there is plenty of proof that people are malnourished from processed foods and that the chemicals used on them are disease contributors if not causes. You cannot discount this as nonsense just because you want to invalidate ANYTHING that can be considered a conspiracy.

Have a good day Burr!!! Go Hawks!!! :D

EDIT: malnutrition can be overfed with a specific nutrient AND/OR lacking others as well. Not just not enough nutrition.
Last edited by Hawktown on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 am

There ARE actually plenty of studies out there that prove lab rats get cancers and other diseases from GMO food but you keep on denying it without any research on it what so ever.

Oh for pete's sake:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2 ... eal-study/

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2 ... n-science/

Listen, I think there *are* valid concerns about some (many?) substances the FDA approves (saccharin comes to mind)- GMO foods just aren't one of them (at least what's currently available).

There are more important things to worry about in life, town, but you go ahead and keep on truckin if that's what blows your hair back.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 am

Oh for pete's sake:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2 ... eal-study/

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2 ... n-science/

Listen, I think there *are* valid concerns about some (many?) substances the FDA approves (saccharin comes to mind)- GMO foods just aren't one of them (at least what's currently available).

There are more important things to worry about in life, town, but you go ahead and keep on truckin if that's what blows your hair back.

[/quote]

Honestly, just what i would expect to read from these exact sites, but hey, whatever.

I am more shocked to hear that you think there are bigger things to worry about than the poison in our food, and not just GMO, but hey, whatever.

Go ahead and do the toothpick in round-up swirled in water. Let me know how that turns out for ya. (I wouldn't do it)
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 am

Honestly, just what i would expect to read from these exact sites, but hey, whatever.

:) Yes, but your sites were completely fresh takes on the matter.

Don't believe the sites themselves- go peruse the links if you don't trust their summaries. It's not light reading, but it sounds like it might be useful.

I am more shocked to hear that you think there are bigger things to worry about than the poison in our food, and not just GMO, but hey, whatever.

You shouldn't be shocked to hear I'm not that concerned about an issue for which you have almost literally zero concrete evidence of harm being done, town.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 pm

You shouldn't be shocked to hear I'm not that concerned about an issue for which you have almost literally zero concrete evidence of harm being done, town.

HUH??? Really??? http://www.toxicsaction.org/problems-an ... pesticides

This is just one quick search and if you do a lot of digging you can actually find the studies themselves. Along with the fact that carcinogenic chemicals (known to cause cancer and other health defects) used in tobacco are approved for use in food but they won't put a warning label on food??? WTF??? If you want proof, look it up or just keep denying it. Really it does not matter to me in the end, your the one toying with your health. IT IS GENOCIDE AT IT'S SNEAKIEST!!!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 pm

IT IS GENOCIDE AT IT'S SNEAKIEST!!!

LOL. Yeah, ok, hawktown. Good luck. Go Hawks!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:37 am

Doing some X-mas shopping and also looking for workout gear - came across this item and thought some people on the OT forums might like to order one for themselves?

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Gangster-Ronald-Reagan-T-shirt/dp/B00M3FHIGO/ref=sr_1_745?m=AVU8R43QPXC8K&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1417879179&sr=1-745
savvyman
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic