Interstellar

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Interstellar

Postby makena » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Anyone here a Sci-Fi movie fan?
I am a fan and I'm looking forward to seing this flick.

I'm not into fantasy all that much, or some BS current issue in a Sci-Fi back drop. I'm into fictionalized science and the adventure or discovery that movie can offer. A move that comes to mind is "Mission to Mars" that came out back in 2000 I think.

I'm hoping Interstellar will be good. It looks like it's about 3 hours long. However, as wkipedia states, Christopher Nolan (the director) likes movies that are rooted in philosophical and sociological concepts. Thats cool and all but it reminds me of the movie "Europa Report" and worries me a bit. I was psyched to see that movie and when I did, I was disappointment as it became a movie about running from a monster.

Mak
makena
Legacy

Re: Interstellar

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:25 am

makena wrote:Anyone here a Sci-Fi movie fan?
I am a fan and I'm looking forward to seing this flick.

I'm not into fantasy all that much, or some BS current issue in a Sci-Fi back drop. I'm into fictionalized science and the adventure or discovery that movie can offer. A move that comes to mind is "Mission to Mars" that came out back in 2000 I think.

I'm hoping Interstellar will be good. It looks like it's about 3 hours long. However, as wkipedia states, Christopher Nolan (the director) likes movies that are rooted in philosophical and sociological concepts. Thats cool and all but it reminds me of the movie "Europa Report" and worries me a bit. I was psyched to see that movie and when I did, I was disappointment as it became a movie about running from a monster.

Mak

One of my friends at work was talking about Interstellar. I used to love Sci-Fi as a kid, was a huge Star Trek fan, but not as much anymore. They have to make it believable and based on what we know today for me to get any enjoyment out of it. No monsters or aliens from a different planet, although I'll have to admit that "E.T." and "Cocoon" were two of my favorite movies. If you do see it, I wouldn't mind hearing what you think about it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic