Quotes

A place to gather thoughts, ideas, etc. The 12th Man Think Tank.

Quotes

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 am

Thing are a mess trying to read many posts that quoted another in here. It's becoming a chronic problem.

Rather than default to quoting the entire post you're replying to when you click on the quote button, and then having to try to edit out parts of it to stay under the 3 quote limit, is it possible to set the system to quote only the text of the person whom you are quoting and not the posts he was quoting in his post as well?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Quotes

Postby yoder » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:45 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Thing are a mess trying to read many posts that quoted another in here. It's becoming a chronic problem.

Rather than default to quoting the entire post you're replying to when you click on the quote button, and then having to try to edit out parts of it to stay under the 3 quote limit, is it possible to set the system to quote only the text of the person whom you are quoting and not the posts he was quoting in his post as well?

Fixed, I think. It's called "Quote Nesting" and we're now set to 1. Doesn't look like this applies to anything that has been posted before, but we can try a test here. Bob, you're my guinea pig, try it on this thread and we'll see what happens.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

yoder wrote:
Fixed, I think. It's called "Quote Nesting" and we're now set to 1. Doesn't look like this applies to anything that has been posted before, but we can try a test here. Bob, you're my guinea pig, try it on this thread and we'll see what happens.

Right on, let's check it out;

I get the following notification: You may embed only 1 quotes within each other.You still have to erase the embedded quote yourself, which is where the problem arises ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby yoder » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Bob,

I've looked into this for a bit, you're not the only one complaining (across the web). It's a known problem and currently there's no great fix. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope the phpBB team addresses this with the next update.

Annoying, I know...but we'll have to live with it for now. There are a couple of mods, but I don't quite trust them yet.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1243855

Sorry bud, I tried!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am

No problem man, it's a minor annoyance.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Website Think Tank