Kaepernick to Seahawks?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Kaepernick to Seahawks?

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 16, 2017 4:47 am

Rumors beginning to heat up:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sea ... spartanntp

RG3's name popped up, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Kaepernick to Seahawks?

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 am

This is just Pete answering questions. Our Pro Player department is pretty thorough, I'd be shocked if Kap weren't on our radar. I certainly don't see it as outrageous or anything, if he's willing to come in as a back up, at back up wages, it makes sense from a football standpoint.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 6:44 am

From the article:

NFL Media’s Mike Silver reported on Monday that Seahawks GM John Schneider reached out to Kaepernick’s agent last week.

Looks like a serious consideration. With Boykins troubles, and with Kap and RGIII who is also being talked about along with Pete traditionally liking a veteran backup, something might be in the works.
If the money can be worked out, of course.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Tue May 16, 2017 7:08 am

I always thought Kap is a good move if the price is right. It would be a short term deal probably a year or two and he could fix his career and maybe start again somewhere. He would fit this system well I think and given the still OL issues he maybe be needed more than one thinks. RG3 IMO is a no go.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am

I'm less about RGIII as well, but he wont' see the field much anyway and Pete always values athleticism.
Of the 2, Kap would be my choice as he's already taken a team to the Super Bowl and probably knows what it takes.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue May 16, 2017 10:50 am

From a purely football fit, I think Kaep would be a great back-up for RW. I think that the hatred we ALL felt toward Kaep and the Niners makes the idea even more fun. What I think would be hard is for Colin to acknowledge that he is not just a back-up, but his arch rival's back-up...playing on the team that took him out of his 2nd straight super bowl appearance and made him look more like a deer in the head-lights QB than any other. Sherman has caught as many of his tosses as any of his receivers.... and then there was that commercial. OMG, I think he'd retire first. Can you imagine the first prime time game with CK7 on the sideline where they draw those comparisons and show the trajectory of two very promising QBs, one a star and the other his back-up??

And that RG3 won Rookie of the Year over RW and is being considered too much of a risk to be his back up 4 years later. Sucks to be those guys, for sure. But this sista is taking a little mental victory lap about the thought of either as a backup.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 12:00 pm

You might be right, Sis but he's going from a Super Bowl QB to a backup, so it's going to be tough for him any way you look at it.
It depends on his mental make up if he can or wants to take on some of the feelings he would have coming into former enemy territory.
On the other side of the coin, he may not have too many other offers.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HawkDawg » Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 pm

NorthHawk wrote:You might be right, Sis but he's going from a Super Bowl QB to a backup, so it's going to be tough for him any way you look at it.
It depends on his mental make up if he can or wants to take on some of the feelings he would have coming into former enemy territory.
On the other side of the coin, he may not have too many other offers.

Agreed. Holding my despise for the guy aside, it almost seems like his "political stance" was like someone grabbing the last straw to salvage his career and a desperate attempt to show some kind of impact on a national stage. Sure it grabbed attention for a while, but it was short lived.

My main concern is the Seahawk mentality and dynamic. When Pete took the helm, there was a buzz and excitement between the coaches, players and FANS like we have never seen before...and it worked! We went to the SB two years in a row and the "I'm In" philosophy was a huge part of that.

Can you really see Kaep jumping up and slapping the "I'm In" sign on his way to the VMAC field?
HawkDawg
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Mike Bennett said today that he thinks Kaepernick would be a good fit both in the locker room and on the field fwiw.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Mike Bennett said today that he thinks Kaepernick would be a good fit both in the locker room and on the field fwiw.

NO, we dont! The extra Crap that goes with this guy is not worth it. Leave this guy alone, he is radioactive right now.
obiken
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Obi,
I'm not all on-board either, but Kaep did say he's done with the grandstanding on the politics of the world and has been working with both a mental trainer and a football trainer for the past 4 months to get himself mentally and physically ready to contribute. He says he's 'changed' --
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 pm

I read somewhere that he thinks he's made his point and is moving on.
I wouldn't mind at all if he landed here.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 am

NorthHawk wrote:I read somewhere that he thinks he's made his point and is moving on.
I wouldn't mind at all if he landed here.

Everyone, PC included is just assuming, that a 29 year old starter is going to want to be a backup for 1.5 million. I think that is a major reach.
obiken
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 am

If the choice is 1.5m to sit on a bench vs. Zero.... look at Hass, he didn't exactly do himself any harm being behind Andrew Luck for a couple years and I'm sure he wasn't paid 'like a starter'.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed May 17, 2017 2:30 am

jshawaii22 wrote:If the choice is 1.5m to sit on a bench vs. Zero.... look at Hass, he didn't exactly do himself any harm being behind Andrew Luck for a couple years and I'm sure he wasn't paid 'like a starter'.

But Hass is not Kapper. Too much ego.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 am

I really did not like Kaps political message but he sure had every right to express it. Paid a price for sure. I like football as a refuge from politics now a days but it happens. It would be funny if Sea did get him and RW did get injured halfway through the season and Kap led Sea to a SB win.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 am

jshawaii22 wrote:Obi,
I'm not all on-board either, but Kaep did say he's done with the grandstanding on the politics of the world and has been working with both a mental trainer and a football trainer for the past 4 months to get himself mentally and physically ready to contribute. He says he's 'changed' --

He didn't change his stance until it became apparent that teams were shying away from him because if it. Says a lot about his convictions, doesn't it?

From a pure football stance, I agree that he's probably the best fit. But I like rooting for the guys in the white hats (no pun intended), and Kaepernick is a first class dick head.

I find the dilemma of whether or not to sign Kaep similar to the debate about Michael Vick a few years back after he was released from prison.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 pm

He didn't change his stance until it became apparent that teams were shying away from him because if it. Says a lot about his convictions, doesn't it?

How can you prove that? It's not like his team went deep into the playoffs so it was his off season when he said that.
To try to determine somebody else's motivation is a very inexact science.

Here's an article from March:
www.rollingstone.com/sports/colin-kaepe ... st-w470204

From the article:
'There are two main reasons why Kaepernick has decided to end his protest. The first is he no longer wants it to detract from the positive change he believes has been created. The second is because he believes the protest did its job by sparking a national discussion about social inequality. Whether or not you support Kaepernick's decision to take a stand against the national anthem, there is no doubt he got people talking.'
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 pm

NorthHawk wrote:How can you prove that? It's not like his team went deep into the playoffs so it was his off season when he said that.
To try to determine somebody else's motivation is a very inexact science.

Here's an article from March:
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/coli ... st-w470204

From the article:
'There are two main reasons why Kaepernick has decided to end his protest. The first is he no longer wants it to detract from the positive change he believes has been created. The second is because he believes the protest did its job by sparking a national discussion about social inequality. Whether or not you support Kaepernick's decision to take a stand against the national anthem, there is no doubt he got people talking.'

I don't have to "prove" anything. It's my opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu May 18, 2017 5:05 am

No No No
I hate the MF and it started before his ridiculous stance against the government and nation that made him wealthy. Ill take my chances with Boiken or anyone else. Schneider will truly piss me off if he does this.

Did i hear someone say it would be "funny" if Russ got hurt and this guy won us a super bowl? Good grief...delusional.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 am

Hawktawk wrote:No No No
I hate the MF and it started before his ridiculous stance against the government and nation that made him wealthy. Ill take my chances with Boiken or anyone else. Schneider will truly piss me off if he does this.

Did i hear someone say it would be "funny" if Russ got hurt and this guy won us a super bowl? Good grief...delusional.

The person that is delusional is Kaepernick if he thinks his protest resulted in some positive change. All it did was to pick at a scab that had begun to heal and widen the divide between the races. IMO he's grasping for straws to justify a decision on his part that in all likelihood is going to cost him millions of dollars and a chance to play again in the NFL.

I've heard rumors that Kaepernick may not have his heart in the game anymore, and if there's even the slightest chance of that being true, we'd be crazy to even bring him in for a look-see.

Kaepernick's GF is denying that any teams at all have expressed interest, so this discussion could all be a moot point.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu May 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I just came along this little twist. Apparently the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL have acquired the rights to not only Colin Kaepernick, but RG3 and Johnny Football.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cfl ... spartanntp
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Hawktawk wrote:No No No

Did i hear someone say it would be "funny" if Russ got hurt and this guy won us a super bowl? Good
grief...delusional.

I agreed with his stand NH, just not him doing it as a millionaire, or let Doug Baldwin do it his dad is a Policeman. Sorry, there are a boatload of racist out there in Law Enforcement, I used to work it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri May 19, 2017 4:56 am

There are some bad cops, sure. Not many thougth. The thing with Kap is that it went beyond a protest. Wearing pig socks and a Fidel Castro shirt was just too much, as well as defending the choice of Castro attire by praising Cuba's educational system etc. What a Fing tool.Cuban refugee Kiko Alonso blowing him up on the goalline a few weeks later was so priceless.

Beyond all of that I think when you are the QB of a team you are the undisputed leader of that team if you are a winner. You don't sit on your ass protesting ANYTHING. Your position disqualifies you from that sort of activity. Retire if that's what you have to do. You don't grow a friggin Dr J afro. You don't cover every square inch of your body with tats. You're the QB.
You don't talk like a 5 year old and show up at your press conference in a wife beater with beats hanging around your neck.
The guy is a tool. Bring back Whitehurst to hold the clipboard, jeezus.......WHY? JS and PC are highly underestimating the ire of the 12s and the good time feel here if they do this.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Hawktawk wrote:There are some bad cops, sure. Not many thougth. The thing with Kap is that it went beyond a protest. Wearing pig socks and a Fidel Castro shirt was just too much, as well as defending the choice of Castro attire by praising Cuba's educational system etc. What a Fing tool.Cuban refugee Kiko Alonso blowing him up on the goalline a few weeks later was so priceless.

Beyond all of that I think when you are the QB of a team you are the undisputed leader of that team if you are a winner. You don't sit on your ass protesting ANYTHING. Your position disqualifies you from that sort of activity. Retire if that's what you have to do. You don't grow a friggin Dr J afro. You don't cover every square inch of your body with tats. You're the QB.
You don't talk like a 5 year old and show up at your press conference in a wife beater with beats hanging around your neck.
The guy is a tool. Bring back Whitehurst to hold the clipboard, jeezus.......WHY? JS and PC are highly underestimating the ire of the 12s and the good time feel here if they do this.

I agree for the most part. The problem I had with Kaep's protest was that it was too general. Unlike the civil rights movement of the 60's, it wasn't the entire nation, a majority, or even a large minority of people that needed a wake-up call. His disrespect for the flag/anthem was as much as a slap in the face to blacks and other minorities, particularly those that are retired or active duty military, as it was the white cops he was supposedly directing his protest to. The piggy socks and the pro Castro tee shirt just confirmed what a tool the guy is.

I also agree with his failure to accept his role as a 'face of the franchise' quarterback. It's more than just helping your team win.

I'm not dumping my team and won't hang burning effigies of Pete Carroll if we bring Kaep in. But I damn sure won't be happy about it and you can prepare yourselves for several rants from me should we jump in bed with this tool.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat May 20, 2017 7:47 am

I agree with ObS for the most part, but I think it was a brilliant move to garner attention to his cause.
Name another method where a single 2 minute non violent protest while he exercised his foremost fundamental right and repeated 16 times created such media attention.
It cost nothing in immediate dollar terms or effort yet it traveled nationwide and crossed many boundaries. It was water cooler talk throughout the nation and debates on sports
and non sports shows were spawned.
Regardless of if he just stumbled upon this method or if it was intended to have such a big reaction, it was a simple, yet highly effective action.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat May 20, 2017 8:11 am

Name another method where a single 2 minute non violent protest while he exercised his foremost fundamental right and repeated 16 times created such media attention.

Giving little old ladies the middle finger is exercising a fundamental right, too, and contrary to the dopey saying, there *is* such a thing as bad press (ask OJ Simpson).

He did his "cause" far more harm than good- the public was already *saturated* with BLM stuff, and he's now (well, was) a poster boy for critics of it.

it was a simple, yet highly effective action.

Actually agree- the question is what it was effective *at*.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat May 20, 2017 10:17 am

He got people talking about the issue.

I still don't get why people go to such extremes about this. I understand the gut reaction but I don't think many have thought it all the way through.
His actions show that the most fundamental right - a right that all other rights are based on - that people were wounded physically and emotionally, and many died for - is not being suppressed by some who think it's an insult. It's alive
and well only because of the sacrifices by those in the Military and Spy agencies.

I would submit that it would be more insulting to those who served if his right of expression was just given away without a fight by our generation. That would mean all the sacrifice of those past and present would have been for nothing and that would be like saying their experiences and efforts were for nothing. The action by CK, although somewhat objectionable to most should be viewed as a celebration of those whose actions defended freedom and are still being validated to this day long after many have passed.

We have to look at the big picture. Freedom of expression cannot not limited by someone or group thinking they are being insulted otherwise we end up no better than those today forcing Political Correctness or wanting a totalitarian state. Billions of people throughout the world desire the right to free speech and peaceful protest and assembly but don't have it. By blackballing CK, we are in fact suppressing that right.
History shows us that freedoms are easily lost but cost a lot to regain. And the currency that is exacted reclaiming those freedoms is usually blood.
Protect the rights you currently enjoy and don't be swayed by those who want to limit them. They're far too important for someone this insignificant to cause you to voluntarily give them away.

This should be in the Off Topic thread, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat May 20, 2017 2:33 pm

He got people talking about the issue.

People had already been talking about the issue *ad nauseum*, and in fact, some considered him late to the game and a bandwagon-jumper (remember all the "oh look who's trying to make himself relevant again"?).

Also, I don't recall a single person arguing he didn't or shouldn't have the right to do what he did.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 pm

burrrton wrote:People had already been talking about the issue *ad nauseum*, and in fact, some considered him late to the game and a bandwagon-jumper (remember all the "oh look who's trying to make himself relevant again"?).

Also, I don't recall a single person arguing he didn't or shouldn't have the right to do what he did.

Good points. I had to laugh when he explained why he wasn't going to protest anymore, because he didn't want to detract from the positive change he believes has been created. What a croc!

BTW, nice to see you posting again, Burr!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 pm

RiverDog wrote:BTW, nice to see you posting again, Burr!

Thanks, brother- I always have to knock off for a while in the offseason. :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 am

People had already been talking about the issue *ad nauseum*, and in fact, some considered him late to the game and a bandwagon-jumper (remember all the "oh look who's trying to make himself relevant again"?).

Our forum was pretty much in agreement with his right to protest but there were a few comments that weren't.

'BLM and Colin Krappyprick can kiss me where the sun don't shine which is my big white behind.

Stand your ass up Kap or GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

and

'I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if Krapperdick decided to support ISIS.
My question is when will the Commish step in and start fining this turkey? Isn't there something in
the league's personal conduct policy he's violating?
'

Other articles in the national media were filled with sentiments like the first one.

Regarding him being a bandwagoner, he helped bring this to a head. It was the biggest publicity move for the least output of effort for that whole campaign.
I heard them still talking about it the other day on NFL Radio and it's all because of Kaepernick.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 am

I agree, NH. Most of us agreed last September that Colin had the American right to do what he did, even the ones who disagreed with his message. I can't comment on his shift in kneeling or not kneeling as I don't really know it's origin, but I do think he has been criminalized for his expressing himself. I never dreamed I'd defend the man, but this off-season must be so difficult on him. He is better than some starters and certainly better than Gabbert, McCown, Fitzpatrick and others who have been picked up as back-ups. The Jets, by way of example, would be far better with him than whoever they are running out as s would Houston, Cleveland and even the 49ers.

I don't know what type of person he is. He has always bugged the heck out of me, probably (& most notably) because he was a Niner and also used to burn my Fresno State Bulldogs when he played at Nevada. There is something about the sound of his voice and his laissez-faire delivery that always felt like he wasn't my cup of jo. All that said, I think he would be a very solid back-up here, if he could bring himself to do it for what we could pay. That's a major slice of humble pie...even slices. 1st he has to accept that he's NOT the man. Then, he has to take a BIG pay cut and finally, he'd play back up for a team that has been his rival. May be just too much pie for one dude to choke down.

The thing that might concern me more than anything about his signing is the Bennett's and Sherman's of the team who purportedly aren't all that in love with RW. If it would cause a more divided locker-room, I think I'd take a pass. I do not care at all about the kneeling.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 am

Bingo Sis. Locker room dissention. This team, particularly some defensive starters clearly have lingering resentment and jealousy over RWs perceived favoritism and a certain play on the one. Had the D not blown a 10 point 4th quarter lead it wouldn't have come to that though either.
I fail to see how providing Wilson with the bargain basement linemen he's had most of his career so they can cash their fat checks on defense is favoritism but oh well. Although RW has publicly endorsed the move its a slap in his face, particularly in light of the mostly unwarranted criticism from the defense.

Anyone who sees Kap as a guy who can win absent Wilson is delusional as well.
He's a scrambler that doesn't want to run anymore. He's a one read passer who doesn't scan the field and go through his progressions and his mistakes have always come in the biggest moments.
He has an inaccurate cannon with very poor touch and shape on his passes. Add to that the rumors out of Frisco that he wasn't an engaged teammate or leader makes me wonder why the hell we would take a chance on his baggage?

When the team that drafted him wouldn't give him a sniff while signing stiffs like Hoyer and Barkley it ought to say something to the league.
NO!!!!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I can't comment on his shift in kneeling or not kneeling as I don't really know it's origin, but I do think he has been criminalized for his expressing himself. I never dreamed I'd defend the man, but this off-season must be so difficult on him. He is better than some starters and certainly better than Gabbert, McCown, Fitzpatrick and others who have been picked up as back-ups. The Jets, by way of example, would be far better with him than whoever they are running out as s would Houston, Cleveland and even the 49ers.

I don't know what type of person he is. He has always bugged the heck out of me, probably (& most notably) because he was a Niner and also used to burn my Fresno State Bulldogs when he played at Nevada. There is something about the sound of his voice and his laissez-faire delivery that always felt like he wasn't my cup of jo. All that said, I think he would be a very solid back-up here, if he could bring himself to do it for what we could pay. That's a major slice of humble pie...even slices. 1st he has to accept that he's NOT the man. Then, he has to take a BIG pay cut and finally, he'd play back up for a team that has been his rival. May be just too much pie for one dude to choke down.

The thing that might concern me more than anything about his signing is the Bennett's and Sherman's of the team who purportedly aren't all that in love with RW. If it would cause a more divided locker-room, I think I'd take a pass. I do not care at all about the kneeling.

Criminalized? How? Demonized, maybe, but how is he being treated as a criminal?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon May 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Other articles in the national media were filled with sentiments like the first one.

They were saying he shouldn't do it (among other nasty things), not that he shouldn't *have the right* to do it.

I heard them still talking about it the other day on NFL Radio and it's all because of Kaepernick.

Bah. Ok, fine- if you consider sports-talk meatheads opining on Social Justice Issues a step in the right direction, so be it. I'll agree he did spur that.
Last edited by burrrton on Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon May 22, 2017 12:55 pm

He is better than some starters and certainly better than Gabbert, McCown, Fitzpatrick and others who have been picked up as back-ups.

Reflecting poorly on your employer can be bad for your employment. Nothing new there, and absolutely nothing unique. If I stood outside my building and gave the flag the middle finger as they raised it every morning, and the local newspaper was running headlines about it (with my employer prominently mentioned), I'd be fired before the ink was dry.

He's not a victim, Sis.

All that said, I think he would be a very solid back-up here, if he could bring himself to do it for what we could pay.

I'm inclined to agree with that, however.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 pm

[quote="burrrton"]Other articles in the national media were filled with sentiments like the first one.

They were saying he shouldn't do it (among other nasty things), not that he shouldn't *have the right* to do it.

[quote]I heard them still talking about it the other day on NFL Radio and it's all because of Kaepernick.

Bah. Ok, fine- if you consider sports-talk meatheads opining on Social Justice Issues a step in the right direction, so be it. I'll agree he did spur that.[/q

No no no, it was nasty. Statements like Get out of my country and he should be locked up amongst other things.

You also have to keep in mind that pressure of any sort is also an attempt at denying someone their right. Some people fold from it and others don't, but those that do fold have in effect been silenced. I would think that
many of those that wanted him punished are also those that rail against Political Correctness - which this is a form of.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm

River Dog - Criminalized? How? Demonized, maybe, but how is he being treated as a criminal?

Uh, yeah, RD. . . criminalized. As North points out above, there have been a lot of suggestions (from this forum, around the water cooler in my office, on blogs across the country to the national media) that he needs to get out of the country or be locked up. Last time I checked, we don't lock people up for non-criminal behavior, nor do we ship people out for exercising a basic American right. At least I hope that is the America we still believe in.

I hear what you are saying Burrrton. Though I think you and I differ about the issues surrounding the BLM movement, I know that there are consequences to actions. Colin is facing those now and I'll bet if he had to do again, he might take a more Seahawkian "united we stand" approach instead. Whether he would or wouldn't, we will never know and is not really the point. There are countless times a day when I hold my tongue @ work because of the consequences for doing something different. He was in a Niner's jersey being compensated to play in a game. Perhaps it was more important to him to take a stand than to remain silent and compensated? Who knows, you'll have to ask him.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon May 22, 2017 3:33 pm

You also have to keep in mind that pressure of any sort is also an attempt at denying someone their right.

That's a bit hyperbolic- if you do something offensive, you're going to get blowback. Calling that blowback an attempt to deny him his First Amendment rights is kinda silly, isn't it?

I would think that many of those that wanted him punished are also those that rail against Political Correctness - which this is a form of.

PC is taking a term that's accurate and calling it offensive when there's no real argument for doing so (and typically overreacting when the term is used)- "illegal alien", "handicapped", etc.

That has little to do with what CK did as far as I can see.
burrrton
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum