So Far

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

So Far

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:13 am

Richardson is ahead of Kearse in camp running at #2.

Kearse is on notice. He couldn't be cut this year due to his contract structure, but cutting him next year will net 5 mill for the Hawks.

P-Rich was coming on strong at the end of last year. I'm rooting for him personally.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: So Far

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 am

PR just needs to stay healthy, which has been a problem for him.
It's really make or break for that reason. Has to demonstrate that he can suit up for entire season.

Kearse at least has had some big plays going back several years now, but it's probably time to move on after '17.
Still don't get how we never end up with WR's that are 6'0"+ with a bit more bulk. Our guys are scrappy - and stat wise Baldwin has been right up with the best the last 2 yrs or so - but it'd be refreshing to see some changes in 2018.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

Maybe Darboh will become a starter. He's 6-2 and about 220 lbs so that might fit the bigger receiver profile.
He's said to be a good and willing blocker, too which is key in our Offense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Darboh will be a factor going forward but we all know WR is a position that requires time. Take a look at Tate for that example.

I think Mc Evoy is someone to watch this year. He is tall, athletic and has a year under his belt.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:00 pm

P rich is going to blow up this year. I hope kearse is cut. At least Wilson won't be able to target him as many times as Ryan targets Julio anymore with far different results. I bet Wilson has as many Ints targeting kearse as any othe receiver in his career. Time to move on.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:48 am

Largent80
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 am

There was a rerun on the NFL network of the Sea Pats SB and I was shocked how many drops Kearse had in the first quarter.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:21 am

Uppercut wrote:There was a rerun on the NFL network of the Sea Pats SB and I was shocked how many drops Kearse had in the first quarter.

And then he had a "game saving" catch late in the 4th quarter.

Talk to Bevell about what they did with the opportunity presented to them and his awesome play call which will go down in history as worst call ever.

Kearse has made many huge season altering catches including the one that clinched the NFC Championship for the Hawks. His contract makes him uncuttable for this year, so he had better get it back together because last year was as forgettable as a Trump presidency.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Largent80 wrote:
Kearse has made many huge season altering catches including the one that clinched the NFC Championship for the Hawks. His contract makes him uncuttable for this year, so he had better get it back together because last year was as forgettable as a Trump presidency.

Although I don't think it is going to happen, Kearss contract doesn't make him 'uncuttable' this year. The Hawks would save like $400,000 if they were to cut him. Again I don't think it's going to happen, but it's not like they would have to eat a lot of extra money if they cut him.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Talk to Bevell about what they did with the opportunity presented to them and his awesome play call which will go down in history as worst call ever.

Arrrgh Don't get me started on Bevell. I hope he can stay out of his own way this season. Yes Kearse has made some great catches, that is why its so frustrating to see him drop a bunch too. If he would have dropped them he maybe would not need to make game saving ones.
Uppercut
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum