Do we start slow again?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Do we start slow again?

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:18 pm

This week I think we kill 'em 33-3 and all suddenly everybody thinks we all that again.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Defense saves our bacon and Seattle squeaks by 4-3. Bevfool/Cable squirm on the hot seat.......
Last edited by curmudgeon on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm saying that we'll win by some sort of weird way, like 14-6, no touchdowns, 4 FG's and a safety. Ugly win.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm

If out offense starts slow or worse yet, fails to even show up I am going to call for Pete's head if he can't manage to fire that IDIOT, Darrell Bevell!

Now, if the offense ends up as bad as last season I will lose all hope of a Pete Carroll coached Seahawk team ever making it back to the Super Bowl let alone win the darn thing.

Look at the Bengals, ONE GAME and they fire their OC. Doesn't mean they will go to and win the SB but I am reminded of when the Ravens fired their OC and replaced him with a former HC (Lions) and their offense took off and they defeated the 49ners for the Lombardi.

What's going on Pete??? Why are you so afraid to admit you have been wrong about Bevell and move on??????

Before our defense is reduced to total crap, I say PA fires PC and replaces him with a HC who knows how to design and develop an offense, possibly a West Coast Offense. Can you imagine Russell Wilson playing QB in a WCO ???????

Mike Holmgren is waiting in the wings, he sure as heck would know how to use a Jimmy Graham (Bevell should be fired for THAT failing alone) he sure as heck would coach up RW and make him even better than he than HE even thought he could be. I mean, if Holmy can turn Hass into a Pro=Bowl QB then think of what he could do with a QB as accomplished as Wilson is already.

Why is Lacy even on this team?????????????? If you have to PAY a player to keep in shape then I don't want him on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way, they are going to have to show something more than just defeating the Whiners, I want to see a productive offense week in week out.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:32 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:If out offense starts slow or worse yet, fails to even show up I am going to call for Pete's head if he can't manage to fire that IDIOT, Darrell Bevell!

Now, if the offense ends up as bad as last season I will lose all hope of a Pete Carroll coached Seahawk team ever making it back to the Super Bowl let alone win the darn thing.

Look at the Bengals, ONE GAME and they fire their OC. Doesn't mean they will go to and win the SB but I am reminded of when the Ravens fired their OC and replaced him with a former HC (Lions) and their offense took off and they defeated the 49ners for the Lombardi.

What's going on Pete??? Why are you so afraid to admit you have been wrong about Bevell and move on??????

Before our defense is reduced to total crap, I say PA fires PC and replaces him with a HC who knows how to design and develop an offense, possibly a West Coast Offense. Can you imagine Russell Wilson playing QB in a WCO ???????

Mike Holmgren is waiting in the wings, he sure as heck would know how to use a Jimmy Graham (Bevell should be fired for THAT failing alone) he sure as heck would coach up RW and make him even better than he than HE even thought he could be. I mean, if Holmy can turn Hass into a Pro=Bowl QB then think of what he could do with a QB as accomplished as Wilson is already.

Why is Lacy even on this team?????????????? If you have to PAY a player to keep in shape then I don't want him on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way, they are going to have to show something more than just defeating the Whiners, I want to see a productive offense week in week out.

I wouldn't put a lot of money on that possible outcome, at least not for a long time. You are making the assumption that the owner sees things the same way you do and has the same degree of tolerance that you have. Paul Allen is a very hands off owner, and for all the struggles we've had these past 2+ seasons, we're still a playoff caliber team and still in the discussion as possible SB contenders.

But if we start out slow again this season, I do think that there will be a shake-up of the coaching staff, in particular Bevell and /or Cable.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 am

We start slow because every team in the NFL knows exactly what is coming, they have seen 7 years of it. They also know we can't block, so, the problem is obvious but nothing is going to change it until there is in fact change.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Not sure if this years start is worse than last years but we scored 12 in our home opener last year as well.

This week the Hawks play a pretty balanced team and there only hope is that we can get the passing game in gear and actually have our pass catchers hold onto the damn ball/ McEvoy and Prosise ?????Did you hear this?

Tough road game. Tenn. just went into Jax and kicked their asses.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm

I think Rawls has lost his starting job to Carson. Carson brings everything to the table Rawls does and is bigger.
trents
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Why YES....Yes we do.

Rams are going to slaughter these sad sack Seahawks.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Rambo is wacking it again. Seahawks will be lucky to win 3 games this year.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Maybe if they unfollow the POTUS twitter feed, it would give them more time to game plan for next week
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:22 am

Zorn76 wrote:Maybe if they unfollow the POTUS twitter feed, it would give them more time to game plan for next week

Very true.

I'm sticking with my original prediction, 2-3 going into our bye week, but I'm not putting as much weight on it as before. The Rams defense has really sucked this season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 am

I'm resurrecting some of these old threads to see what happened and looking at predictions etc.

YES, we started slowly in EVERY game except Philly. There are many reasons but first and foremost it is the offense. The SAME old crap trotted out game after game, year after year.

Even fans could call the plays before they were even lining up to be run.

And guess what. Right now we should be in 4th place going into next year with the improvements to every other team in the NFC West outside of maybe AZ who still have a decent defense.

If the Hawks don't change what they have been doing, it could get worse before better.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 am

Largent80 wrote:I'm resurrecting some of these old threads to see what happened and looking at predictions etc.

YES, we started slowly in EVERY game except Philly. There are many reasons but first and foremost it is the offense. The SAME old crap trotted out game after game, year after year.

Even fans could call the plays before they were even lining up to be run.

And guess what. Right now we should be in 4th place going into next year with the improvements to every other team in the NFC West outside of maybe AZ who still have a decent defense.

If the Hawks don't change what they have been doing, it could get worse before better.

I think you meant that we're in 2nd place.

If Pete doesn't make some significant changes to his coaching staff, I'm off his bandwagon.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 am

Soooooo....Get ready for yet another year of slow starts.

Same offense, same coaches running the same old thing.

OLD..OLD..OLD
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 am

I haven't heard Pete say anything about the future of our coaching staff. In all sincerity, if he's said something definitive, please post it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 am

I haven't read or heard anything definitive, but like I said in another thread, since Pete went to 2 Super Bowls with these guys, it makes it harder for him to say they are the wrong guys to coach the positions.
I can see the logic, but it doesn't help when the league seems to be passing us by and ignores the success that was the result of an RB that is perfect for his system. It will be difficult to find another RB with those
qualities in any draft and definitely harder in FA.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum