Hello from the other Washington.....

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hello from the other Washington.....

Postby Skinz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:59 pm

I will be flying over for the game in early November. I know I will be firmly in the minority but any recommendations for a sports bar for some pregame fun for the 1pm Eastern games, walkable to the stadium? Good food, football fans, plenty of TVs that kind of thing.

I find myself in section 120, I don't imagine Skins will be particularly well represented at this game. Is it a friendly place to go as a visiting fan?

Have a great weekend!
Skinz
Legacy

Re: Hello from the other Washington.....

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi there. I am a frequent flier at home games, though I’m from Cali so I won’t answer your sports bar questions. I’ve been to a lot of games in a lot of places & hawk fans are as gracious as any... nicer than most, actually. There are some stadiums I wouldn’t go as the enemy, but this isn’t “usually” one of them. If the game gets chippy, we are losing and you are by drunks, it could be interesting, but most likely not in danger.

Have a good time, I wish you zero luck. ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 am

Skinz wrote:I will be flying over for the game in early November. I know I will be firmly in the minority but any recommendations for a sports bar for some pregame fun for the 1pm Eastern games, walkable to the stadium? Good food, football fans, plenty of TVs that kind of thing.

I find myself in section 120, I don't imagine Skins will be particularly well represented at this game. Is it a friendly place to go as a visiting fan?

Have a great weekend!

Hey, Skinz...

There are a lot of bars in the stadium area, also known as Pioneer Square and SODO (South Of Downtown), but you'll need to get there early as they'll be packed by 10:30am. I try to arrive no later than 8:30 am so I can park in my favorite spot, have breakfast at FX McRoy on the corner of King and Occidental, then stumble down the street to Sluggers, right across from the stadium, to wash down the food and take in the early games.

I've gone on a number of road trips to several different cities, proudly wearing my Seahawks home blue #12, and I've hung out with scores of individuals from visiting cities at Seahawk home games and have had or seen even a hint of a problem. You'll need to be prepared to be subjected to some good natured ribbing, some group "boos", that sort of thing, but so long as you don't go out looking for a fight, you'll be just fine.

Let us know if you have any other questions relating to your trip. Enjoy your visit to the Great Northwest!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 am

Sluggers is my hangout, old school antique greasy spoon sports bar right by the stadium with standing room only crowds watching the TVs' plastered on the walls showing every game. Opposing fans get a razzing, good natured of course. Ill be there for the Houston game this year.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:24 am

Hawktawk wrote:Sluggers is my hangout, old school antique greasy spoon sports bar right by the stadium with standing room only crowds watching the TVs' plastered on the walls showing every game. Opposing fans get a razzing, good natured of course. Ill be there for the Houston game this year.

I'm going to that one, too, Hawktawk! Perhaps we can meet up.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Skinz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:51 am

Thanks guys. At this rate I a might be suiting up and playing for my guys on Sunday. Jeez I've never known it so bad.

Anyway still looking forward to a great weekend even though if my confidence is at an all time low for Sunday. I will have a spare afternoon on Saturday. Can anyone recommend a quick 2-4 hour hike accessible from the city? I will be a bit short of time though but I'd love to do one. Unfortunately I can't spend more time in the PNW but I do love hiking and it looks beautiful in your area.

Cheers
Skinz
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:05 am

You can go to Mount Si for a decent hike ( a LOT of up) but if it's clear the views are pretty sweet. It's up I-90.

Temple Billiards is off the beaten path and is a decent pre-funk place that I used to frequent before games.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:55 am

I was pretty concerned seeing our players who did not practice yesterday until I saw your team's list. WOW, the injury bug has bit you guys hard this year.
This is your injury list.

NAME POSITION INJURY WED. THU. FRI. GAME STATUS
Bashaud Breeland CB Knee/Groin LP N/A N/A N/A
Zach Brown LB Back DNP N/A N/A N/A
T.J. Clemmings T Ankle/Thigh FP N/A N/A N/A
Will Compton LB Elbow FP N/A N/A N/A
Jamison Crowder WR Hamstring DNP N/A N/A N/A
Deshazor Everett S Hamstring FP N/A N/A N/A
Matt Ioannidis DL Hand DNP N/A N/A N/A
Rob Kelley RB Ankle LP N/A N/A N/A
Ryan Kerrigan LB Groin/Hand FP N/A N/A N/A
Shawn Lauvao G Stinger DNP N/A N/A N/A
Spencer Long C Knee/Knee DNP N/A N/A N/A
Morgan Moses T Shoulder/Shoulder LP N/A N/A N/A
Montae Nicholson S Shoulder/Shoulder LP N/A N/A N/A
Josh Norman CB Rib FP N/A N/A N/A
Ty Nsekhe T Core Muscle DNP N/A N/A N/A
Niles Paul TE Concussion DNP N/A N/A N/A
Terrelle Pryor Sr. WR Ankle FP N/A N/A N/A
Jordan Reed TE Hamstring DNP N/A N/A N/A
Brandon Scherff G Knee DNP N/A N/A N/A
Martrell Spaight LB Shoulder LP N/A N/A N/A
Trent Williams T Knee DNP N/A N/A N/A
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Welcome Skins to the BEST SEAHAWK fan forum! I don't have anything to add 'cause Dog & HT steered you to all of the best places. What I can add is to tell you that you needn't worry, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how many Washington fans will be in the stands. The last two Seahawk games I went to we ended up losing so maybe it only seemed there were more "Skin's fans in the stands LOL. One of the games I saw Hasslebeck was still QB and there were chants for Charlie Whitehurst. The next one I think TJack was the starter and he had a typical TJack game...

Anyway, have fun but not so much fun as you get to witness a Washington win, unless you are talking Huskies...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey skins good game day spirits to you. I was happy to find someone who will read a post and reply not run away Wish I was going to the game.......... I want the SB tickets instead lol.

Go Seahawks !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanx Skinz for not posting back and rubbing salt in our wounds, you are a really stand up person. Oh, and see, I told you you were going to enjoy the game... Surprised much how many fellow Washington fans turned out?
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum