Final pre-game thought

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Final pre-game thought

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:52 pm

I have a feeling we get stomped today. I think this is when we pass the torch to the Rams as the NFC West front runners.

Lots of reasons why, but my vibe is down.

Rams 30-13
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: Final pre-game thought

Postby idhawkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:05 pm

This is the first year where I don't think a "Team Meeting" will snap them out of whatever they get into to start the season.

I think we have less than stellar DC and OC and these players are not in position to maximize their talents.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:15 pm

If the Rams turn out to be a good team, a loss to them at their home isn't an indicator that we can't win the division. It just means it won't be as easy as the past few years. Generally, a tougher division makes for a tougher team. The Seahawks tend to play up or down to their competition for whatever reason.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm

We're a joke. This is painful to watch.

At least we had the "Fck you, America" pregame routine down to a science, though.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Or not. :D

Offense still needs help. 5 turnovers and great field position and we only score 16?

Ill take the W, but they need to fix this crap.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Or not. :D

Offense still needs help. 5 turnovers and great field position and we only score 16?

Ill take the W, but they need to fix this crap.

There is a lot of offensive crap (pun intended), but you also have to tip your cap to the Rams' D. They are damn good.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Rams D gave up 27 points to the Redskins, 39 points to the 49ers, and 30 to the Cowboys.

Not exactly impressive.

It was our offense being inept more than anything.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Historically offensive....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:48 pm

I could care less about scores in other games. We WON, on GRASS and in the HEAT, and a divisional game to a team that ALWAYS plays us tough.

All positives.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Rams D gave up 27 points to the Redskins, 39 points to the 49ers, and 30 to the Cowboys.

Not exactly impressive.

It was our offense being inept more than anything.

I guess I was thinking back to the last few seasons and those nightmares of Donald and Quinn were weighing on my mind. I hadn't really looked at their stats much this year (see your Apathy thread for why), and wasn't really aware.

Yeah, it's looking more like the Hawks' offense is the problem.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Largent80 wrote:I could care less about scores in other games. We WON, on GRASS and in the HEAT, and a divisional game to a team that ALWAYS plays us tough.

All positives.

Outcome is positve. Offense isn't.

The Rams gave up 39 points to the 49ers. Scores do matter. In this case, it reveals how after 5 weeks, we still can't get a rhythm on offense. Extremely telling.

5 turnovers from our D and we still needed a very lucky dropped pass to win today. The only reason it was close is because we couldn't manage more than 250 yards or 16 points.

Offense is a huge issue.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:53 pm

A win is a win, especially against a team that beat us routinely with Jeff 'Dirty' Fisher coaching.

This was a bigger game for the Rams - since it would be another decent step towards legitimacy and maybe whispers of playoff talk - but they were sloppy in front of home crowd.

Offensively...*yawn".

Defense benefits from multiple turnovers. They did put up another 3 quarters of shutout ball.

I'll always take a road win no matter who or how they come, and LA had been playing much better so far this season.

And rambo - I hope you enjoy your sabbatical in the city of Phoc Hue.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
Outcome is positve. Offense isn't.

The Rams gave up 39 points to the 49ers. Scores do matter. In this case, it reveals how after 5 weeks, we still can't get a rhythm on offense. Extremely telling.

5 turnovers from our D and we still needed a very lucky dropped pass to win today. The only reason it was close is because we couldn't manage more than 250 yards or 16 points.

Offense is a huge issue.

This game went right according to PCs script. Great defense and just enough offense. You could tell by the playing calling difference we went very conservative in the 4th qtr.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

Anthony wrote:This game went right according to PCs script. Great defense and just enough offense. You could tell by the playing calling difference we went very conservative in the 4th qtr.

I thought so too. We kind of managed the game once we got the lead. Very Carroll-esque win...
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Outcome is positve. Offense isn't.

Offense is a huge issue.

I made a similar point in another thread. As a comparison, look how many points Jacksonville was able to put up on the Steelers with their 5 turnovers?

A win's a win no matter how we come about it, but the continued ineffectiveness of this offense needs to be corrected if we're to be serious SB contenders.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:54 pm

RiverDog wrote:
I made a similar point in another thread. As a comparison, look how many points Jacksonville was able to put up on the Steelers with their 5 turnovers?

A win's a win no matter how we come about it, but the continued ineffectiveness of this offense needs to be corrected if we're to be serious SB contenders.

I agree with both you and IG's points here on the offense but on the brighter side of things (silver lining or homerism), Our Oline seems to be giving a little more time to RW in the pass game. Against that front 4 and the Rams, they did a fairly good job most of the day. Rush blocking - not so much but hey, they are baby steps being made.

I have to admit, I had us at only 5% chance of winning yesterday on grass, away from home and in division and to get that win was a nice surprise. Even more surprising was all our players and coaches stood for the Anthem.

Overall, a great day of football for Seahawk fans.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:15 pm

According to PFT, the Seahawks worked out Branden Albert recently.
I'm still not sure his heart is in it, though considering he basically walked away earlier.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:28 pm

NorthHawk wrote:According to PFT, the Seahawks worked out Branden Albert recently.
I'm still not sure his heart is in it, though considering he basically walked away earlier.

Makes sense just in case the knee surgery for Joke-L doesn't go as expected. You could move Rees inside and put in Albert at LT for a short stint. That said, Rees has missed very few blocks in his 5 starts and has probably been the least penalized of all OL. In fact, I can't remember a single flag thrown against Rees.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm

idhawkman wrote:
I agree with both you and IG's points here on the offense but on the brighter side of things (silver lining or homerism), Our Oline seems to be giving a little more time to RW in the pass game. Against that front 4 and the Rams, they did a fairly good job most of the day. Rush blocking - not so much but hey, they are baby steps being made.

I have to admit, I had us at only 5% chance of winning yesterday on grass, away from home and in division and to get that win was a nice surprise. Even more surprising was all our players and coaches stood for the Anthem.

Overall, a great day of football for Seahawk fans.

I would not be so sure on oline PFF said he was hit, sacked or hurried on over 51% of his dropbacks, that is actually up from last week and far and away the worst in the league. So not good at all.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Wouldn't one expect to see more Defense vs the Rams after the last few years games?......In the end, despite the offensive ineptness in the red zone, there is a victory in the win column. And a 1 game lead over the Lambs even though we have the same record. A HUGE win before the bye...Gigantic actually.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Anthony wrote:

I would not be so sure on oline PFF said he was hit, sacked or hurried on over 51% of his dropbacks, that is actually up from last week and far and away the worst in the league. So not good at all.

Yeah, you lost me at PFF....
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 pm

idhawkman wrote:
Yeah, you lost me at PFF....

espn had the same nunbers so I am pretty sure it is accurate
Anthony
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:06 pm

PFF's got some good stat jockeys. They do use the real numbers and they track some things nobody else bothers to (kinda like Sando in that regard), just don't hang your hat on the editorializing.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum