Congrats to the Astros

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Congrats to the Astros

Postby Largent80 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:01 am

After everything we've been through around here enduring after Harvey and over 50 years of not winning, I must say that this is a very sweet moment for us in S.E. Texas.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Congrats to the Astros

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:36 am

Congrats to the Astros! Fantastic series, some of those games were very similar to the game we played against the Texans last Sunday. Their fans displayed some very 12ish tendencies, filling their home ball field with fans during away games just to watch the game together on the stadium big screen.

I also understand that many of the players keep photos of the devastating effects of the hurricane in their lockers. Very classy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 am

I didn't have a dog in this series because I like underdogs and since the Astros hadn't won it yet, I found myself rooting for them.

I also found myself rooting for the Dodgers because they were the team back when I was a wee lad that I liked.

I'm glad it went 7 games and that the players and the fans showed class throughout.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 pm

That was one fun series and I am glad that it was the Houston Astros that won. Two reasons, first, it is always great to see a team that never won it all before Git 'er Done.

Secondly, after the realignment many Mariner fans said and I quote; "At least the Mariners won't always finish is last place because that honor is reserved for the Houston Astros". Now, while it would seem that I would be one of the dummies that actually said that but this time I plead innocence. It was some of our local pundits that put their foot in their mouths on this one.

Anyway, congrats Astro fans I hope you enjoy it to the max, you deserve it!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 am

F the Astros. Bunch of cocky bastards.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm perhaps one of the few that can remember them when they were the Houston Colt 45's prior to their move to the Astrodome. Prior to this season, they were MLB's version of the Cleveland Browns. They hadn't even appeared in a World Series before let alone win one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:06 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm perhaps one of the few that can remember them when they were the Houston Colt 45's prior to their move to the Astrodome. Prior to this season, they were MLB's version of the Cleveland Browns. They hadn't even appeared in a World Series before let alone win one.

Remember those weird jerseys they had with the rainbow stripes across their chest? Blah! :roll:
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:13 pm

idhawkman wrote:Remember those weird jerseys they had with the rainbow stripes across their chest? Blah! :roll:

Yup. They called it a rainbow explosion. About the only MLB uniforms that I can remember that looked worse was when the White Sox once came out wearing shorts. They looked like a women's softball team.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Yup. They called it a rainbow explosion. About the only MLB uniforms that I can remember that looked worse was when the White Sox once came out wearing shorts. They looked like a women's softball team.

Ha! That's funny. I remember some pretty funky looking Pirates uni's also. Thought they looked like escaped inmates... (but don't say that around the Texans locker room...) :lol:
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Good for them. Gives me hope as a Mariner's fan.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic