S.F. Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

S.F. Game Thread

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Hopefully the Hawks can run today.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: S.F. Game Thread

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Stadium looks like about 30% capacity
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Fantastic start!...
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Rain and wind. Perfect weather for Bevfool to showcase the passing game...
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 pm

D looks good. Wtf Russ let’s go!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 pm

disgusting, first play, really??
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Rain and wind. Perfect weather for Bevfool to showcase the passing game...

No doubt. Nice kick Walsh
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Bevell is a friggin jackass.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Great sacks we needed that
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:45 pm

This team is made of glass.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Bevfool should be a hot commodity for head coach position after season. The dumpster offense is really starting to take off.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Finally.........TD !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm not watching yet- are the conditions to blame for Russell's poor numbers?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:27 pm

burrrton wrote:I'm not watching yet- are the conditions to blame for Russell's poor numbers?

The INT was just a really bad decision... he had another option short that was wide open. To me the issue is dropped passes, we’ve had 4 so far.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:29 pm

That was about as bad as officiating can get right there... no pic at all and miss the obvious face mask, forces the hawks to punt.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:32 pm

It's not the conditions it's our WR we can't catch the ball we have had 5 drops already and Wilson has thrown it away too many times.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm

I wish we would stick with the running game then pass on 3rd down
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Good first half. Seattle keeping it close on the road against a tough 1-9 team....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Yes another TD now we can breathe easy
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Just run the clock out
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:51 pm

This is going to be our easiest game til we play the cards. We have the Eagles,Jags Rams and Cowboys. Wow talk about tough.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:37 pm

politicalfootball wrote:This is going to be our easiest game til we play the cards. We have the Eagles,Jags Rams and Cowboys. Wow talk about tough.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we'll be 7-8 playing the Cards with the way we look.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Got the road win, but reminded how long it takes us to put away crap teams, even if game is away.
We'll get a better idea where we're at when playing Philly here shortly.
The Eagles are the real deal, IMO, but a lack of playoff experience will be interesting to see if it affects them.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:04 pm

How about that game plan???

Going against the second to the last rush defense and throw every down except a couple times the whole first half. Got an interception on the first play of the game and a whopping 7 points out of it.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Lacy is crap overall.
What kills me is how Rawls is a healthy scratch, I guess because he's forgotten how to play the game now.
What a waste.
Kid has all the talent but, what, can't read his blocks correctly or have enough patience?
Give me a break, nobody is that stupid, are they?
Guess so.

If we had any kind of talented back running the ball - even Carson - our playoff chances would go up measurably. But even if we do make it, I think we're still more of a one-and-done team at this point still. Minny, N.O., Philly. It's gonna be one of those three we'd likely face (#3 overall seed, assuming we're 6th).
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:24 pm

[quote="Largent80"]How about that game plan???

Going against the second to the last rush defense and throw every down except a couple times the whole first half. Got an interception on the first play of the game and a whopping 7 points out of it.[/quote

LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Lacy is crap overall.
What kills me is how Rawls is a healthy scratch, I guess because he's forgotten how to play the game now.
What a waste.
Kid has all the talent but, what, can't read his blocks correctly or have enough patience?
Give me a break, nobody is that stupid, are they?
Guess so.

If we had any kind of talented back running the ball - even Carson - our playoff chances would go up measurably. But even if we do make it, I think we're still more of a one-and-done team at this point still. Minny, N.O., Philly. It's gonna be one of those three we'd likely face (#3 overall seed, assuming we're 6th).

How many rushing TD's do we have from our RB's this season? I know it isn't many. Our running attack is perhaps the single biggest difference between this season and our SB editions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Here is another thing....Just TODAY the Hawks fielded probably the starting O-Line that should have been in place since training camp. Yeah Brown was a late addition but if that line had been in place from day one I think things would be a lot different.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm

You watch the Rams beat the saints with ease.

No way Seahawks catch us.

U will be lucky to finish 10-6 at best and more likely 8-8 or 9-7

No playoffs

Sorry there is a new sheriff in town
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 pm

RW has started slow every game for the last few years. As I watched him "WALK" all the way from the sideline to the huddle for the first series I now think I know why he starts slow. What's up with the walking Russ? Not motivated yet? Then he throws a pick first play. Gee.... No one could see that coming from his laxadasical approach to the start of the game.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 pm

RiverDog wrote:
How many rushing TD's do we have from our RB's this season? I know it isn't many. Our running attack is perhaps the single biggest difference between this season and our SB editions.

1 Rw has the other 3, in fact Rw has 26 of the 27 offensives TDs for the team or 96%
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Largent80 wrote:Here is another thing....Just TODAY the Hawks fielded probably the starting O-Line that should have been in place since training camp. Yeah Brown was a late addition but if that line had been in place from day one I think things would be a lot different.

Ahh yeah Infedi is not a starting tackle still so I dont think so.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm

idhawkman wrote:RW has started slow every game for the last few years. As I watched him "WALK" all the way from the sideline to the huddle for the first series I now think I know why he starts slow. What's up with the walking Russ? Not motivated yet? Then he throws a pick first play. Gee.... No one could see that coming from his laxadasical approach to the start of the game.

LOL yeah thats its LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Anthony wrote:
1 Rw has the other 3, in fact Rw has 26 of the 27 offensives TDs for the team or 96%

Well we should just put Russell on the field then and leave everyone else on the sideline. If anyone thinks one guy has 96% of the production without giving credit to the others they are just plain nuts.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:06 am

idhawkman wrote:Well we should just put Russell on the field then and leave everyone else on the sideline. If anyone thinks one guy has 96% of the production without giving credit to the others they are just plain nuts.

I find myself in the unusual position of defending Anthony. One of the stats thrown around during the telecast yesterday was that Russell leads the league in percent involvement in his team's scoring offense. It's a silly stat if you ask me as all it indicates is that a team doesn't have a very good rushing attack and is forced to rely on their passing offense and the QB's running to produce points, but it was bandied about several times yesterday, meaning it's fair game for our discussion.

Besides, I'm the one that brought up the subject. Anthony wasn't doing his usual man love thing on Russell, he was simply responding to my question.
Last edited by RiverDog on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:06 am

Lamb-Blow2014 wrote:You watch the Rams beat the saints with ease.

No way Seahawks catch us.

Sorry there is a new sheriff in town

Sorry Pookie but we already beat you once and will again, doing it with 2nd stringers...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:21 am

in fact Rw has 26 of the 27 offensives TDs for the team or 96%
idhawkman wrote:Well we should just put Russell on the field then and leave everyone else on the sideline. If anyone thinks one guy has 96% of the production without giving credit to the others they are just plain nuts.
RiverDog wrote:
I find myself in the unusual position of defending Anthony. One of the stats thrown around during the telecast yesterday was that Russell leads the league in percent involvement in his team's scoring offense. It's a silly stat if you ask me as all it indicates is that a team doesn't have a very good rushing attack and is forced to rely on their passing offense and the QB's running to produce points, but it was bandied about several times yesterday, meaning it's fair game for our discussion.

Besides, I'm the one that brought up the subject. Anthony wasn't doing his usual man love thing on Russell, he was simply responding to my question.

My criticism wasn't of you Riv or even your question. It is obvious we can't punch it in when we get to the red zone. We struggled with rushing tds even during Beast's last couple of years here.

My criticism is of the quote I posted from Anthony stating that he had 26 of the 27 TDs as a fact. In reality the league gives the credit for passing TDs to the receiver and not the QB. If we did that kind of stats, then the QB is involved in every TD including rushing TDs because he handed the ball off and then we have to extend it to the center Britt because he snapped it to the QB. Do we not give any credit to the OL that blocked the guy who would have murdered RW if the OL wasn't there? What about giving credit to the RWs who blocked down field or the WR who ran the ball 80 yards after a bubble screen to get the TD?

The whole argument for a QB being "Involved" is ridiculous and that is what I was pointing out. Sometimes we have to be absurd to point out the absurd.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 am

idhawkman wrote:My criticism wasn't of you Riv or even your question. It is obvious we can't punch it in when we get to the red zone. We struggled with rushing tds even during Beast's last couple of years here.

My criticism is of the quote I posted from Anthony stating that he had 26 of the 27 TDs as a fact. In reality the league gives the credit for passing TDs to the receiver and not the QB. If we did that kind of stats, then the QB is involved in every TD including rushing TDs because he handed the ball off and then we have to extend it to the center Britt because he snapped it to the QB. Do we not give any credit to the OL that blocked the guy who would have murdered RW if the OL wasn't there? What about giving credit to the RWs who blocked down field or the WR who ran the ball 80 yards after a bubble screen to get the TD?

The whole argument for a QB being "Involved" is ridiculous and that is what I was pointing out. Sometimes we have to be absurd to point out the absurd.

I do realize that you weren't criticizing my remarks. My point was that Anthony was simply noting a comment about our offense's dependence on RW's statistical production vs. the offense as a whole, a point that was made several times by the Fox crew. Anthony is probably guilty of overstating Russell's statistical contributions as saying that he "has" 26 of 27 TD's...not too surprising when Anthony is so well known for spinning the stats to cast Russell in the best possible light...when it is more accurate to say that Russell was statistically "involved" in 26 out of the 27.

But we do agree that it's a pretty silly stat, the only real purpose of it being to show how ineffective our rushing game is. It really has very little if any value in gauging a quarterback's performance, which is probably why they don't factor it into a QB rating.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:55 am

Why the world anyone wants to nitpick Wilson or belittle his contributions is beyond me.
Ill give the GM this. Russ has his best group of receivers ever, the best I ever remember as a fan of 40 years. Beyond that...my God, the backs -McKissick are dreadful and the line is a joke. I loved the defensive effort although I'm glad Garoppolo didn't play more :lol:
But Russ....he does it his way and he isnt perfect but he became one of 4 men ever to pass for 3000 yds their first 6 years and also reach 60 wins in that time. The escapes he makes on jail breaks and the incredible plays he has to make just to throw it away sometimes on some of the jailbreaks, the runs which are more deadly than ever.

And they swept the division on the road for the 4th time in their history.

Bring on the Eagles. it ought to be a doozy.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 am

Not nit picking on RW but you have to admit that he has created most of the holes he's had to climb out of by the way he starts games. You can go all the way back to the GB NFCCG to see this.
idhawkman
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum