Injury Report (Updated Saturday Dec. 23rd)

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Injury Report (Updated Saturday Dec. 23rd)

Postby Largent80 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 am

Last edited by Largent80 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Injury Report (Updated)

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:20 am

It will be interesting to see if having Brown and Joekel on the left side helps our OL woes any. Joekel was said to be playing well before being injured.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:03 am

Maybe some stability on the left side of the OL.
Now Dion Jordan has a stinger. That's 3 neck injuries now.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 am

The stingers make me wonder about their technique? has there been changes lately?
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:25 am

I think you'd have to evaluate how each occurred.
It's possible they are just a coincidence, but maybe they all happened on the same type of play or tackle.
I don't know the answer.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Heh heh heh!

rams have few injuries from good conditioning programs and playing on grass.

Seahawks have injuries me sticking needles in voodoo dolls of your players...hehheh

Not really

get in shape 2018 will be rough
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Lay off the meds Lamb-Blow.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 am

3 are OUT and 8 (EIGHT) are questionable.......Dayum.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:01 am

Heading into December with the injury bug is a bit unnerving. Here's hoping some of the young-guns step up!
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Pete confirmed Chancellor done for the year at least and Avril is having surgery on a disc in his neck.
If they never play again, it's been fun watching them do their thing.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:46 pm

If nothing else comes out of this season it at least gives others a chance to compete. Those that do good will stay and those that dont will be in the fire sale. I see about 8 now I would dump saving alot of $$ and cap space. The trick for JS will be the see how to get some of the draft picks back.

Still hoping for playoffs but I think we have to win the division to do it as there probably wont be a wildcard spot for #2 in the NFC Wset
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Uppercut wrote:If nothing else comes out of this season it at least gives others a chance to compete. Those that do good will stay and those that dont will be in the fire sale. I see about 8 now I would dump saving alot of $$ and cap space. The trick for JS will be the see how to get some of the draft picks back.

Still hoping for playoffs but I think we have to win the division to do it as there probably wont be a wildcard spot for #2 in the NFC Wset

I was peeking at the games of the competitors for a wild card spot and because the league likes to hold off the divisional games until the end of the season, I don't think 3 teams from the NFC South get in. 2 will but they play each other at least 4 of the final 5 games and Atlanta and Carolina still have Minn on their list. Should be an interesting finish to the season for them. N.O. has the easiest road to the final 5 games because they have the Jets along with Carolina, Atlanta 2x and Tampa Bay. Atlanta has the toughest road and will probably finish 8-8 with Minn, N.O. 2x, Carolina and TB. Carolina has N.O. Minn, GB, TB and Atl. which may also be a fairly easy road.

So making the playoffs we should do depending on the NFC North (NFC East probably only gets 1 team in (Eagles)). Need to look at the Lions and GB schedule to be sure though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Will Richard Sherman be back before the playoffs ?
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm

politicalfootball wrote:Will Richard Sherman be back before the playoffs ?

With a surgical repair to a ruptured achilles tendon? The magic 8-ball says no.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:58 pm

politicalfootball wrote:Will Richard Sherman be back before the playoffs ?
Sox-n-hawks wrote:
With a surgical repair to a ruptured achilles tendon? The magic 8-ball says no.

OMG, Laughing my butt off right now...
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm

idhawkman wrote:

That has to be the most miserable injury I can imagine.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:22 am

idhawkman wrote:

Sox-n-hawks wrote:That has to be the most miserable injury I can imagine.

Sorry, not laughing at the injury but the magical 8 ball comment.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 am

We get Davis and Griffin back this week. Hopefully with the new O-Line combination we can get going on the ground. We're going to need to keep pace with Phillys offense in this game.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 am

I'm hopeful that the Davis McKissick combo can be effective and stay healthy. Eddie Lacy just looked like he was playing stuck in the mud out there.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:21 pm

I get the impression that Lacy needs to get the ball very deep and get his momentum going full speed to be real effective. Some of his runs on Sunday were OK, but they were when he got a hole to run through before contact.
He's not at all like Lynch who could make the first guy miss or break the tackle in the backfield.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 pm

idhawkman wrote:

Sorry, not laughing at the injury but the magical 8 ball comment.

It is the most scientific method to solving any problem.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I get the impression that Lacy needs to get the ball very deep and get his momentum going full speed to be real effective. Some of his runs on Sunday were OK, but they were when he got a hole to run through before contact.
He's not at all like Lynch who could make the first guy miss or break the tackle in the backfield.

I know what you are trying to say but I think the key was that when he had a hole, he was facing smaller LBs and not bigger DTs. What I think his biggest problem is is that he turns his shoulders too much. E.g. he should be running down hill squared up to the line. Too often I see him trying to bounce it outside or off tackle and that just isn't where he is effective.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 am

Hard to believe they gave Lacy 4 million while letting Hausch walk. Right now if we had Hausch we would have 2 less losses.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:40 am

I know what you are trying to say but I think the key was that when he had a hole, he was facing smaller LBs and not bigger DTs. What I think his biggest problem is is that he turns his shoulders too much. E.g. he should be running down hill squared up to the line. Too often I see him trying to bounce it outside or off tackle and that just isn't where he is effective.

You're probably right. He's a north and south runner so moving laterally makes it easier for him to be stopped.
It doesn't help that there are rarely holes for him to get going in a straight line so he doesn't fit our run game as it is.
I used to say that Lynch made the OL look better than it was and it was proven by his breaking 100 or more tackles per year. We don't have a RB that can do anything close to that today
so they get stuck in the backfield or at the LoS regularly or get forced outside.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Largent80 wrote:Hard to believe they gave Lacy 4 million while letting Hausch walk. Right now if we had Hausch we would have 2 less losses.

Hard to argue for or against this. We'll just never know if he would or wouldn't have made those kicks. We can't change what is, so maybe it would be best not to beat ourselves up speculating on what might have or could have been.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

These were my thoughts on the subject of place kicker last June... Here's to hoping that Blair makes the game winner this week.

His (Steven's) FG average was a little higher last year than it has been for the balance of his career. As far as FGs, he has had both marginally better and marginally worse years. Overall he is at about 87% and last year he was a little north of 89% - the timing with the misses was awful, I will have to admit...AND, he did miss 6 Extra points, 5 of which were blocked. Point taken on the low trajectory of those kicks. His 5 errors led the league in PATs blocked..

Anyhow, his FG % last year 89.2% (ranked 7th in the league last year) compared to Blair's 75% (ranked 33rd in the league)- THAT is SIGNIFICANT. PAT's last year: Steven -82.9% which sucks and Walsh was worse with 78.9%. We need some camp legs and competition. The guy who took Walsh's place in Minne was 100% after taking over, though it is a smaller sample size. Kai Forbath.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevenhauschk ... areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/blairwalsh/25 ... areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... fied=false
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:14 am

Hawk Sista wrote:These were my thoughts on the subject of place kicker last June... Here's to hoping that Blair makes the game winner this week.

His (Steven's) FG average was a little higher last year than it has been for the balance of his career. As far as FGs, he has had both marginally better and marginally worse years. Overall he is at about 87% and last year he was a little north of 89% - the timing with the misses was awful, I will have to admit...AND, he did miss 6 Extra points, 5 of which were blocked. Point taken on the low trajectory of those kicks. His 5 errors led the league in PATs blocked..

Anyhow, his FG % last year 89.2% (ranked 7th in the league last year) compared to Blair's 75% (ranked 33rd in the league)- THAT is SIGNIFICANT. PAT's last year: Steven -82.9% which sucks and Walsh was worse with 78.9%. We need some camp legs and competition. The guy who took Walsh's place in Minne was 100% after taking over, though it is a smaller sample size. Kai Forbath.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevenhauschk ... areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/blairwalsh/25 ... areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... fied=false

Last season was by far Hauschka's worst. Prior to then, he was money, winning some big games for us (the Texans game in our SB season sticks out), his kickoffs were nice and deep, and he perfectly executed the most critically important onside kick in franchise history. I thought it was foolish for us to try to pinch pennies and save a comparatively small amount of pocket change and instead, take a chance on a kicker looking to reclaim his career.

But I can have a bit of sympathy for Walsh. That potential game tying kick against the Falcons was basically a 50/50 shot given the distance and the weather conditions (cold and damp). He had a couple of those in the Redskins game as well, on a cold, rainy day.

Nevertheless, it was a bad decision not to bring back Hauschka and we almost unquestionably lost at least one game due to his ineffectiveness.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 am

The question I have is would Hauschka have been as good here as he is in Buffalo?
Sometimes a change of scenery reinvigorates a player, or at least gets him to refocus on the job at hand.
A wake up call if you will.
I was hoping that for Walsh, too and he hasn't been that bad, but he's not one of the best kickers in the league.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 am

I've said in here before that I would make a terrible GM because I love players and the team. As the saying goes, you should like the players and LOVE the team. I had a sense of loyalty to Hauschka as he was OUR kicker and I believe (in my heart more than my head) that he would have been good here this year and we would have at least one more W presently.

I hear you too, River Dog. I feel bad for Walsh. The Atlanta kick was a 50/50 ball and I cannot imagine how I would feel missing three makeable FGs and losing by 3 points. And to read comments like the ones above from fans of the team. I'm sure social media sucks for players, particularly those who have only kicked 75% of their field goals. I feel for him, but...
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:39 pm

The Atlanta kick shouldn't even be considered really except that he pulled 3 off to the left so he wanted to be down the middle but didnt strike it hard enough...his words.
He missed another makeable kick vs. SF and I certainly hope our playoff chances don't depend on this guy. He has one job, make those kicks.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:33 am

Largent80 wrote:The Atlanta kick shouldn't even be considered really except that he pulled 3 off to the left so he wanted to be down the middle but didnt strike it hard enough...his words.
He missed another makeable kick vs. SF and I certainly hope our playoff chances don't depend on this guy. He has one job, make those kicks.

That kick in SF was 40% at best from the get go given the weather and swirling winds. I don't really fault him for that one.

Rwgarding Hauschka, I think at the time, the team was trying to sing Baldwin or someone else to a long term contract and they needed that cap money in the off season to go and get some other players. The problem we all have is that we are making decisions in hind sight and not at the time it happened. e.g. If we had met Hausk's money demand, we wouldn't have had the money to go after Sheldon, or Brown, or MCDougald, or the other LB from KC, etc.

I think we made some very good moves at the time that they were made. To second guess now after certain events is not a legitimate way of looking at things. Not knowing whether he would bounce back or not coming off his worst season you would have to wonder if he was on the down hill slide. I think JS is one of the better GMS at getting rid of players a year early rather than 2-3 years too late.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:38 pm

If we didn't sign Dump Truck #2 LACY there was more than enough money to keep Hausch (4 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!) I'm sorry but Johnny Boy blew that one.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I've said in here before that I would make a terrible GM because I love players and the team. As the saying goes, you should like the players and LOVE the team. I had a sense of loyalty to Hauschka as he was OUR kicker and I believe (in my heart more than my head) that he would have been good here this year and we would have at least one more W presently.

I hear you too, River Dog. I feel bad for Walsh. The Atlanta kick was a 50/50 ball and I cannot imagine how I would feel missing three makeable FGs and losing by 3 points. And to read comments like the ones above from fans of the team. I'm sure social media sucks for players, particularly those who have only kicked 75% of their field goals. I feel for him, but...

I can't say that I'm overly sympathetic for the emotional trauma suffered by any highly paid professional athlete so I don't feel "bad" for Walsh. I was sticking up for him a bit simply as a matter of fairness, that I didn't think all of the criticism was valid.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:44 am

Largent80 wrote:If we didn't sign Dump Truck #2 LACY there was more than enough money to keep Hausch (4 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!) I'm sorry but Johnny Boy blew that one.

Its a business. No business goes up only. There are ups and downs and you hope that the overall trend is up. Going back and doing hindsight is non-productive in these cases.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am

Largent80 wrote:http://sports.mynorthwest.com/374908/earl-thomas-seahawks-eagles/

Hopefully nobody gets added to that list this week. The injury bug has been brutal the last couple of seasons.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 am

I'm hoping it is what the article says and not another Achilles issue waiting to pop.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm

inactives listed for today's game are:

Oday Aboushi OG Inactive
Kam Chancellor SS Inactive
Rodney Coe DT Inactive
Nazair Jones DT Inactive
Dion Jordan DE Inactive
David Moore WR Inactive
D.J. Alexander LB Active
Duane Brown OT Active
Jimmy Graham TE Active
Earl Thomas FS Active
Bobby Wagner MLB Active

I really don't like seeing Coe, Jones and Jordan on that list. I thought Coe would be used to clog up the middle. Guess I thought wrong.
idhawkman
Legacy

Re: Injury Report (Updated Monday Dec. 4h)

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Largent80
Legacy

Re: Injury Report (Updated Monday Dec. 4h)

Postby politicalfootball » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Yes, Carson was getting some positive yards and looking good out there. Hope he comes back soon.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum