Things you Like...Things you Don't

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Things you Like...Things you Don't

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 am

I LIKE the way Bevell is using the tight ends in current games. JG is a true weapon in our offense now and Vannett is also very involved. Vannett can really block well and is getting open in his routes.

I DON'T like putting Maxwell on an island by blitzing. On the 3rd down "hail Mary" McDougald was way out of position and that really wasn't Maxwells guy but the TD was a direct result of blitzing with no help over the top plus Maxwell got held in the blocking before the pass. McDougald is way better that Terrell last year, but is no Kam.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Things you Like...Things you Don't

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:47 am

Liked: The fact that we got flagged just 5 times. Zero turnovers. 10 first quarter points. Russell Wilson's play.

Didn't like: Getting stuffed on short yardage. WTF happened to Rawls? Michael Bennett's disappearing act.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 am

Liked:
The Offense started quickly and had some good drives that gave the Defense some rest.

Didn't like:
The run game although improving isn't very good and short yardage is pretty poor if running.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am

Liked:
Fast start, 5 penalties, not shooting ourselves in the foot, 2nd half run D, Houdini, defending every blade of grass, and the most complete game we have played this year.

Disliked:
Our run game & lack of meaningful pressure against Wentz.

But really, playing one of the Best teams in the league in prime-time and limiting them to 10 points was something else. We played (largely) mistake free football and RW basically said "let's hold off on crowning Wentz just yet. Great overall game.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 pm

LIKED: Playing from a lead in the first quarter. How often can we say that about a Seahawks game?!

DISLIKED: Maxwell getting burned....twice

Bennett disappearing had a lot to do with the excellent play of their RT. However, he is an elite DE and needs to own whoever is lined up on the other side. I'm not worried about him, though, he'll show up.

I thought they put some pressure on Wentz at times, and I think our run game is starting to look better with Davis' hard-charging style.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

I-5 wrote:LIKED: Playing from a lead in the first quarter. How often can we say that about a Seahawks game?!

DISLIKED: Maxwell getting burned....twice

Bennett disappearing had a lot to do with the excellent play of their RT. However, he is an elite DE and needs to own whoever is lined up on the other side. I'm not worried about him, though, he'll show up.

I thought they put some pressure on Wentz at times, and I think our run game is starting to look better with Davis' hard-charging style.

One of Maxwell's "getting burned" was an obvious illegal pick by Philly. Not Maxie's fault.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:59 pm

I liked that we came out of that game with no mentionable injuries. I also like how hard Maxy and McDougald hit guys. If they think the LOB just disappeared, they are wrong. Bwags - what else can possibly be said about him?

I disliked the short run game.

Good news: Chris Carson should be back in a couple weeks and Shead may be back this week.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

LIKE:

Sherman is really teaching Shaq his ways.... this will end well. His approving nods and smiles from the sidelines were telling.

Don't:

The run blocking schemes aren't effective.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Feez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 am

Like: the play calling seems to have evolved to compensate for a lack of running game. Wilson seems to have a little more say in going hurry up every now and then. the TE production

Don't Like: no fullback , Haven't moved Lacy to FB, Haven't had Lacy in as an extra blocker that I have seen. we didn't trade/cut Lacy, Rawls or Prosisse when we could have. you may gather I am not a huge Lacy fan
Feez
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 am

Feez wrote:Like: the play calling seems to have evolved to compensate for a lack of running game. Wilson seems to have a little more say in going hurry up every now and then. the TE production

Don't Like: no fullback , Haven't moved Lacy to FB, Haven't had Lacy in as an extra blocker that I have seen. we didn't trade/cut Lacy, Rawls or Prosisse when we could have. you may gather I am not a huge Lacy fan

I don't think Lacy likes direct contact so I doubt he'd be good as a FB.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum