@JAX

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

@JAX

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 pm

True to form, Seahawks won when it counted. Up next, Jacksonville. So far they've lost to the Lambs and Cards already. Time to make it 3 NFC West wins.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Re: @JAX

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Yes I am not looking past the Jaguars. This game is going to be crucial to our postseason future.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 am

politicalfootball wrote:Yes I am not looking past the Jaguars. This game is going to be crucial to our postseason future.

I agree but this should be a much easier win than the Eagles.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:41 am

Jax. is playing good ball and have a good defense. They will be tougher than Philly and have played against better competition than the Eagles.

Make no mistake, this is going to be an ugly style win if it is to happen.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Largent80 wrote:Jax. is playing good ball and have a good defense. They will be tougher than Philly and have played against better competition than the Eagles.

Make no mistake, this is going to be an ugly style win if it is to happen.

I agree. Especially if our players relax a bit this week because of yesterday's win. Keep em focused Pete.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 pm

When I handicap this game (so far with limited time) I see this as an ugly style game. Low scoring, frustrating but in the end, a Hawk win.

I'll add more as I get the time to really dive into the Jags.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Bortles playing decent football, and by decent I mean he's protecting the ball much better than last year, which has been just enough to let the run game and defense power them to wins.

Seattle will undoubtedly focus on stopping the run and see if Bortles can make them pay for it.

The Jags D versus the Seahawks O will be the real story. Like others have said, this could be a 14-9 type affair where the offense does just enough to win the game. All bets are off if the Jaguars start forcing and capitalizing on turnovers.

Wilson > Bortles
Seahawks Receivers > Jaguars Receivers
Seahawks Run Game < Jaguars Run Game
Seahawks O ??? Jaguars D
Seahawks D > Jaguars O

Our offensive line will decide this game; that's why I've got "???". Seattle stops the run and the Offense sustains a few drives for scores, and this game should be won.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

They've beat two teams with a winning record. I'm saying, untested paper tiger.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:15 am

A little research will also show that the Jaguars are paper tigers.

Take a look at Football Outsiders breakdown of Jax offense and defense.

They're ranked 23rd against the run and 20th on offense. I may be a bit too optimistic, but this game isn't going to be the hard fought battle everyone thinks it will. The AFC is a dumpster fire this year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 am

They are carrying 3........T H R E E Long Snappers on their roster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:18 pm

If this game was in Sept I'd be a lot more worried than I am right now. I'm worried but not much.

Here's the real difference. I think if Bevell can call a good game, we win. That simple. He has the ability to do it and when he gets on a roll, he can really roll. But he pulls some crap out of his bag that should be left in Cleveland or something.

So here's to a great game plan that gets RW and JG involved early in the game and we roll to another win. I say 27 - 9 is the finall with a Seahawk Win.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks guys I am not so worried about the Jags after reading this thread.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 am

This is a week that the Hawks need the running game. In spite of the Jax schedule their weakness is defending the run. Which means Bevell will attack with the pass.. :lol:

If we are to pass then trying to keep that aggressive D-Line honest will require some running, probably Wilson will be the best to accomplish this as he can tire them out trying to catch him.

I still think this will be an ugly game. Pocic is listed on the injury report this week and they have 4 really good linemen up front. Also a big key will be to continue clean play by the O-Line, if they can avoid holding penalties it keeps us in shorter yardage situations.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am

Largent80 wrote:This is a week that the Hawks need the running game. In spite of the Jax schedule their weakness is defending the run. Which means Bevell will attack with the pass.. :lol:

If we are to pass then trying to keep that aggressive D-Line honest will require some running, probably Wilson will be the best to accomplish this as he can tire them out trying to catch him.

I still think this will be an ugly game. Pocic is listed on the injury report this week and they have 4 really good linemen up front. Also a big key will be to continue clean play by the O-Line, if they can avoid holding penalties it keeps us in shorter yardage situations.

Holding and Ifedi not jumping offsides.....
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 am

Bevell showed some original thinking against Philly, hope he has not woke up in the middle of the night this week in cold sweat worrying that he went too far.

Hope he does not revert!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Feez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm

my prediction on the game VS the Jags. Hawks 27 Jags 13. the Jags have a good defense except they are ranked 20th against the Run. Philly was 1# against the run and gave up 4.0 yards a carry AND gave up 64 yards to Davis alone when before that game they gave up an overall 68 yards OVERALL. I think our running game isn't something they have been game planning around and it could set up our passing game. Bortles is no Wentz but this is a road game across the country. good thing is it's been flexed to a 1pm PST start. I don't think the Jags have the same HFA we do to be a huge factor in the game now you take away time difference and heat as a factor and its an even game. we are a much better team.

their last win of note was in October beating S#!ttsburgh and they lost to a Palmer and Johnson-less Cards 2 weeks ago. this is a very winnable game
Feez
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:50 pm

"No disrespect to (Baldwin), he's a good player. But he ain't Larry Fitzgerald" - Jalen Ramsey, CB Jacksonville Jaguars

I don't think that's where he wants to be when Jesus comes back; disrespecting Doug Baldwin. C'mon Angry Doug. Tell this dude what time it is on Sunday!
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Note to Ramsey. Fitzgerald ain't even close to his former self.

Get ready to be insignificant.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Good call, Largent. Ramsey needs to remember it was Blaine Gabbert throwing to Fitzgerald. Doug in his Prime vs Fitzgerald Twilight and Wilson vs Gabbert. Not the same thing at all.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:54 am

Largent80 wrote:This is a week that the Hawks need the running game. In spite of the Jax schedule their weakness is defending the run. Which means Bevell will attack with the pass.. :lol:

Uh - oh!! here comes a bevy of bubble screens then. "Weeee're dooooomed, dooomed I say."
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Feez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 am

[quote="idhawkman
Uh - oh!! here comes a bevy of bubble screens then. "Weeee're dooooomed, dooomed I say."[/quote]

Just reading this made my eye twitch involuntarily with silent rage. I hate the bubble screens so much that I even hate the rare occasion where they work well. I like that the play worked but I still hate that it was a bubble screen if that makes any sense at all LOL
Feez
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Feez wrote:Just reading this made my eye twitch involuntarily with silent rage. I hate the bubble screens so much that I even hate the rare occasion where they work well. I like that the play worked but I still hate that it was a bubble screen if that makes any sense at all LOL

They probably work better than we give them credit for but they sure scare the hell out of me every time we run one of those things. I keep seeing a pick 6.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm

If the player were actually IN a bubble they might work.

But it needs to go away.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:11 pm

I am going to watch every time we get the ball and on defense too. I think we are going to win.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum