Game thread 12-17-17

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Game thread 12-17-17

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Out of bounds
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm

God Hates me
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 pm

This discussion of RW being mediocre in any way is horse pucky. He’s the best QB we have ever had & one of the best in the league. So yeah, with the worst line & running game in the league and missing 4 pro-bowl players, we are getting our arses handed to us. Some ish needs to change, for sure. Of the things that need to change, RW IS NOT ONE OF THEM. He is the reason we at least made it to .500.

PC and co have spoiled us with winning season after winning season and 1/2 of you guys spend your waking hours trying to find who to blame for our ineptitude. And to wear it like a badge of honor today is really pretty petty. I don’t care how long people have been repeating the same thing, it’s irritating.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Hawks have made Bortles and Goff look like MVP QBs over the past two weeks... mainly because we couldn’t stop the run.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

The run is over . Too many injuries. Too much Bevell. Too
Much scrimping on line and RBs. and Russ wtf? What happened ?
After the eagles you were a shoo in for MVP. What a train wreck
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:God Hates me

So you're saying this loss if your fault.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:54 pm

That is terrible... never ever gets called.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Embarrassing .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:This discussion of RW being mediocre in any way is horse pucky. He’s the best QB we have ever had & one of the best in the league. So yeah, with the worst line & running game in the league and missing 4 pro-bowl players, we are getting our arses handed to us. Some ish needs to change, for sure. Of the things that need to change, RW IS NOT ONE OF THEM. He is the reason we at least made it to .500.

PC and co have spoiled us with winning season after winning season and 1/2 of you guys spend your waking hours trying to find who to blame for our ineptitude. And to wear it like a badge of honor today is really pretty petty. I don’t care how long people have been repeating the same thing, it’s irritating.

Thank you so much for some level headed reasoning. This has been a tough one. The toughest for sure in the RW era. I don’t think we come out of it this year. But yes, he has been a miracle worker until the mojo ran dry. Not sure what happens next, but it ain’t gonna be pretty.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Aren't you glad that they didn't flex this POS to prime time?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:This discussion of RW being mediocre in any way is horse pucky. He’s the best QB we have ever had & one of the best in the league. So yeah, with the worst line & running game in the league and missing 4 pro-bowl players, we are getting our arses handed to us. Some ish needs to change, for sure. Of the things that need to change, RW IS NOT ONE OF THEM. He is the reason we at least made it to .500.

I agree HS, Put him on the Rams on it would be a video game. Put Goeff on our team and it would be a free trip to Virginia Mason!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Aaron Donald looks like the MVP of the league today, let alone DMVP. He’s a helluva player.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:Aren't you glad that they didn't flex this POS to prime time?

Yeah right, Riv, we don’t lose in prime time!!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Aaron Donald looks like the MVP of the league today, let alone DMVP. He’s a helluva player.

And what really helps him is when you dont block him!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm

obiken wrote:And what really helps him is when you dont block him!!

Blocking him is a penalty.

Our season is done. Now we have the draft to argue about...oh wait, we don't have many picks because Pete and John went all in on this year trading our 2nd and 3rd round picks away. My bad.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:32 pm

I think you are probably right. We are just not great presently. We will be great again soon. But we ain’t right now.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm

So you're saying this loss if your fault.[/quote]

No. I wish I had that much power! I was just kidding and being cynical. This loss is on the organization for kinda assuming a game in Seattle equals a win. We the mojo
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Well, it's been a while since I had to turn off a game with my tail between my legs. A good reminder of the good times, I guess.

Here's to hoping health and ability, and maybe a better OC**, are around next year.

**I've never been a FIRE BEVELL! guy, but I can't shake the feeling that with a decent receiving corps and a QB that can do literally anything, we can't find at least a few plays that work periodically. We don't seem to have them, though- there is literally no play that doesn't go un-sniffed, and nothing that doesn't look like it was run in desperation.

That can't be all due to a sh*tty offensive line, can it?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm

burrrton wrote:Well, it's been a while since I had to turn off a game with my tail between my legs. A good reminder of the good times, I guess.

Here's to hoping health and ability, and maybe a better OC**, are around next year.

**I've never been a FIRE BEVELL! guy, but I can't shake the feeling that with a decent receiving corps and a QB that can do literally anything, we can't find at least a few plays that work periodically. We don't seem to have them, though- there is literally no play that doesn't go un-sniffed, and nothing that doesn't look like it was run in desperation.

That can't be all due to a sh*tty offensive line, can it?

I agree with most of this, however a decent OL would make a HUGE difference. My issue with Bevell has always been with his route concepts and designs, not necessarily the plays he calls. Even when RW has time we have pretty simplistic concepts which have even been noted by commentators at times. Of course, when your QB is flushed out of the pocket before our WR have even made a cut it makes it tough to see any route development occurring.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 pm

If I had a choice between Bevell or Cable, I'd take Cable going. If the Duane Brown trade isn't a indictment of Cable's ability to evaluate and develop talent, I don't know what other arguments we can make. The best O-lineman on the team in all the Cable years have been guys people other than Cable have chosen. When a trade brings your best O-lien guy in immediately, your ability to draft O-line talent has completely failed. If no one else goes, Cable has to go. We need a better O-line coach with a better eye for talent. His O-line philosophy has driven this team for enough years to know it doesn't work unless your QB is the most amazing scrambler ever. Once that QB starts to slow down, you lose your brutal running back, and your defense is normal, you start to see how much the O-line stinks.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Expressing opinions about what one believes ails the team is not the same as being ungrateful.
And there isn't a Single person in here who would shed a tear if both Bevell and Cable were fired.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 am

We've lost our identity on Offense. No longer are we a run first team with a conservative passing attack.
We can't be because of our inability to do what's expected.
Most of the time when there are big pass rushes, teams bring out draws, screens, or shovel passes. Something to slow it down a little. I've never seen a shovel pass in our Offense, but they are effective on other teams and I don't recall seeing a screen pass or draw in this past game.
All this to say there is something missing with the play calling and when things go bad, nothing much changes. I know it's a common thought as we see all caps comments about a screen pass being sighted in our Offense.
It would really help Bevell if in the off season he takes some time to talk with someone like Mike Leach, not so much for play designs, but rather to get Bevell thinking on a different level and open his eyes to a more aggressive philosophy.
For play designs, he needs to look around the league and poach plays from the Offensive oriented coaches.

Drafting on Offense has been a real disappointment when compared to the players we found on Defense. Maybe the scouting staff needs to be changed, or maybe they aren't getting the right direction from the Front Office.
Who other than Wilson has been a find on Offense from the draft? Maybe Britt, but he bounced around until he found a home at Center. The jury is still out on Pocic and Ifedi but I think they have some hope to be starters once seasoned.
Richardson has shown flashes, but there have been no WR's of note. Tate was just getting going when he was let go, and maybe Moore or Darboh can become good players, but in 8 years we should have had some real good players drafted.

Good Offensive picks:
Wilson
Okung

Maybe Tate, but he's in Detroit.
Carpenter is solid in NY for the Jets.

It's a pretty short list on Offense for 8 drafts and only kept 1 player of any consequence on that side of the ball.
Pretty sad evaluation of talent on Offense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:If I had a choice between Bevell or Cable, I'd take Cable going. If the Duane Brown trade isn't a indictment of Cable's ability to evaluate and develop talent, I don't know what other arguments we can make. The best O-lineman on the team in all the Cable years have been guys people other than Cable have chosen. When a trade brings your best O-lien guy in immediately, your ability to draft O-line talent has completely failed. If no one else goes, Cable has to go. We need a better O-line coach with a better eye for talent. His O-line philosophy has driven this team for enough years to know it doesn't work unless your QB is the most amazing scrambler ever. Once that QB starts to slow down, you lose your brutal running back, and your defense is normal, you start to see how much the O-line stinks.

10-4. Cable lost me when we drafted James Carpenter way back in 2011.

Cable has identified and developed hardly any OL talent since he arrived. The only OL that we have had that he developed to the point of earning a 2nd contract has been Britt, and it took tries at 3 different positions before he finally got that one right. Cable has to go.

But how much do you want to bet that he stays, or if he does leave, does so on his own free will?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Time for a change within the Offensive coaching staff.
I'd like to see a fresh look at the OC and OL coaches.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:If I had a choice between Bevell or Cable, I'd take Cable going. If the Duane Brown trade isn't a indictment of Cable's ability to evaluate and develop talent, I don't know what other arguments we can make. The best O-lineman on the team in all the Cable years have been guys people other than Cable have chosen. When a trade brings your best O-lien guy in immediately, your ability to draft O-line talent has completely failed. If no one else goes, Cable has to go. We need a better O-line coach with a better eye for talent. His O-line philosophy has driven this team for enough years to know it doesn't work unless your QB is the most amazing scrambler ever. Once that QB starts to slow down, you lose your brutal running back, and your defense is normal, you start to see how much the O-line stinks.

What amazes me is that Brown was a pro bowl LT and supposedly the answer for the Oline. However, after yesterday's showing, I think he did worse than Odihambo did in the first match up against the Rams. Quinn was schooling Brown like he was in grade school yesterday.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Not many players on the team played very well yesterday and LaRams only had to worry about the pass so I doubt if the best LT in the game today would have had a good game.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Brown's been schooled in every game save one, for anyone paying attention. 2013 was a long time ago folks. Money spent on o line does NOT equate to actual success on the field. I've said that for years, Brown is a down grade over Ohiambo and Fant. Yet people still calling him the best offensive lineman on the team... lol... he's playing at the same level as ifedi ( or below as was the case yesterday) and Seattle gave up multiple high draft picks, excessive money for level of play, for him to boot.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Brown's been schooled in every game save one, for anyone paying attention. 2013 was a long time ago folks. Money spent on o line does NOT equate to actual success on the field. I've said that for years, Brown is a down grade over Ohiambo and Fant. Yet people still calling him the best offensive lineman on the team... lol... he's playing at the same level as ifedi ( or below as was the case yesterday) and Seattle gave up multiple high draft picks, excessive money for level of play, for him to boot.

I don't care how you spin it. Our O-line sucks. If it weren't Lynch and Russell, our run game would have sucked like it does now. Cable has to go. He is awful at evaluating and developing talent.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Eh, ain't getting into a debate about it. Pointing out that money doesn't equal success, just like I been saying for years. Despite the lamentation over what's "spent on lineman" that's been the narrative on this forum for as long as I can remember, the lineman don't become better because of the $$$ signs after their names, or because of their draft status, or because of how much was given up for a washed up former pro bowler.

No body wanted to listen, now you can see it first hand, if you want. Anybody being objective can see, Brown isn't good, or close to it, but still folks calling to sign him to an extension, or saying he's the best o lineman on the team...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Eh, ain't getting into a debate about it. Pointing out that money doesn't equal success, just like I been saying for years. Despite the lamentation over what's "spent on lineman" that's been the narrative on this forum for as long as I can remember, the lineman don't become better because of the $$$ signs after their names, or because of their draft status, or because of how much was given up for a washed up former pro bowler.

No body wanted to listen, now you can see it first hand, if you want. Anybody being objective can see, Brown isn't good, or close to it, but still folks calling to sign him to an extension, or saying he's the best o lineman on the team...

Brown is the best lineman on the team and that ain't saying much. These guys aren't very good. It is has been a near total fail drafting and developing O-line talent.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:06 pm

^^^^^^ :lol:

No, he, isn't.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Yes, he really is.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: y'all watching a different Brown perhaps? Only thing I can come up with.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I'll take a penalty over watching DEs run by without a finger gracing the jersey, or watching him put on his arse when he does conveniently deem it appropriate to actually get in their way...

Ifedi is young, penalties are part of it, what's the excuse for the expensive former all pro [ who by the way had as many penalties as ifedi, and still couldn't block a corpse last game].
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:06 pm

This like having the Chris Spencer is better than Unger discussion again. Lot was spent so he HAS to be the best, or an upgrade. Lmfao. He's had a single game without a sack surrender, that's worse that every single other lineman on that line, and y'all pretending like he's the second coming of Big Walt or something.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:^^^^^^ :lol:

No, he, isn't.

Yes. He is. Does that make it true if we smarmily go back and forth that way pasting a few laughy, smiley faces along the way?

Or I'll stay I don't agree with your assessment. Since you're not an expert of any kind, I'll go with that. This O-line is so bad that arguing the best guy on a garbage O-line is like arguing which one of fatbutts on our O-line is the prettiest. It don't matter because the unit as a whole is a failure.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Yup, that free release right to the QB proves it. Y'all right. Lmfao. Y'all should stop reading the press clippings, and actually watch the performances occasionally. Lmfao.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:38 pm

I really don't care. You can insist whatever the hell you want, I ain't doing the Chris Spencer better than Unger debate again. Already this game he's getting worked, if y'all can't see it, it isn't my problem.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Uh huh...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum