Dallas Game Predictions

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Dallas Game Predictions

Postby Largent80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am

This may be the most difficult handicapping of the year because of the last 2 weeks and the dreadful play following one of the best games of the year.

The perfect storm was in place last week with a depleted Hawks defense, an offensive line that regressed at an alarming rate vs. Jax and a Rams team hell bent on asserting themselves.

So, we have to try and figure out, was that a fluke Sunday?

I think not. I think it was a combination of everything that has been talked about all week, so when I look at the game Sunday and look at the opponent, I see similarities with the Rams game.

A pissed off Elliott will be running the ball with something to prove. The Seahawks forgot how to tackle last week. Does pride or coaching make them remember?...I'm thinking not. With that in mind, Dallas' playbook should be very simple unless the Hawks find a way to become themselves and stop it.

I see Dallas winning this game.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Dallas Game Predictions

Postby obiken » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Dallas 27-17. EE has predicted 200+ rushing yards and he will get it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Hawks get it together somehow hold Zeke to less than 60 yds and Hawks find a way to control the ball with short passing game

Seahawks 24
Cowboys 23
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Elliot runs wild for 2 bills plus. To add insult to injury, Walsh yanks a PAT. Jerruh's Boys 35-The Schisms 13....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Dallas 27, Seahawks 13.

Walsh bangs in a couple 50-yarders, Pete offers him a 3 year contract.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:37 pm

RiverDog wrote:Dallas 27, Seahawks 13.

Walsh bangs in a couple 50-yarders, Pete offers him a 3 year contract.

That aught to get people worked up.

Cowboys 24, Seahawks 9.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:11 pm

The way this season is going..... I'm calling a tie. 4-4 all safeties.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:29 pm

3-2
One field goal to one safety.
Bottom of the ninth walkoff
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Largent80 wrote:3-2
One field goal to one safety.
Bottom of the ninth walkoff

With a bench clearing brawl where Erin Andrews throat punches Bevell.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Cowboys 34, Seahawks 13

We are going to get our asses handed to us this Sunday, even though Dallas may not have Tyron Smith.

Fired up and in shape Zeke returning. Cowboys still alive for playoffs. Dez Bryant vs Byron Maxwell. Our pass rush sucks (somehow).

Offense is schizophrenic and uninspiring. Cowboys are going to bring the heat and put Russ in shellshock/crazy legs mode.

Our 6'7" enigma of a tight end is averaging half a catch for minus .5 yards in his last two games. Yes, he has 1 catch for -1 yards in the last 2.

We can't run the ball, we have terrible special teams, we can't avoid 2nd and long, we allow way too many 3rd down conversions, we keep making stupid drive killing penalties.

And of course, we have Ifedi still.

Russ will throw a few head scratcher picks, and time of possession will be somewhere around 37-23 Dallas. Dallas will also have great field position all day. Prescott will kill us on 3rd down throws to Beasley and Witten.

Sorry fellas (and lady), we have absolutely NO shot. We are DOA. We will be down 20-3 at halftime, since we are never ready for the first half.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:02 pm

^

Evidently the cowpies became ultra elite with nobody noticing.?
If the Seahawks simply tackle like they normally do I cannot see the cowpies running roughshod over Seattle.

Prescott certainly isn't having a year like last year and Elliott coming back may actually hurt them. They have won 3 in a row without him.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Largent80 wrote:^

If the Seahawks simply tackle like they normally do I cannot see the cowpies running roughshod over Seattle.

Prescott certainly isn't having a year like last year and Elliott coming back may actually hurt them. They have won 3 in a row without him.

It's not a matter of Dallas becoming elite. It's a matter of how far this team has slid. At this point, there's not many teams that I could see us beating on the road. The Cowboys are not a great team, but they won't have to play way over their heads to beat us. So long as they don't turn the ball over or give up some big special teams plays, I can't see how they won't beat us.

Prescott doesn't need to put up 450 yards and 4 TD's to beat us. And I fail to see how getting Zeke Elliott back is going to hurt them.

IG isn't alone in his prediction. Nearly everyone else in here has the game pegged like he has, us losing by 2+ scores. I haven't seen this much pessismism since the Mora year.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Largent80 wrote:^

Predictions are individual picks, right? So we all see it differently.

Nobody said Dallas is "elite."

It is about match-ups and momentum. Look at it objectively from Xs and Os, not homer Seahawks fanboy stuff.

The Cowboys line is better than the Rams line that pushed us around. Dallas will control the LOS and crush us in TOP.

What about the last 2 games gives anyone a shred of confidence?

You like Dez vs Maxwell? Really??

You like Demarcus Lawrence vs Ifedi?? Go look up Lawrence's sack numbers.

This isn't the team from a few years ago where we knew we would win games. This is a roster in a state of disarray from injuries and a coaching staff in over its head.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:You like Demarcus Lawrence vs Ifedi?? Go look up Lawrence's sack numbers.

OMG, you would have had to mention him, wouldn't you? I had forgotten about that guy. He's currently 3rd in the league with 13.5 sacks. The only good news is that he hasn't practiced this week and is listed as questionable for Sunday as he's dealing with a back injury.

But Sean Lee looked fully healthy last week.

I'm not going to go as far as you have and say that we don't have any chance at all, but it's going to take some kindof weird scenerio for us to pull out a win.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

No one has mentioned team chemistry witch is in the doghouse right now. We are frustrated because we used to be elite no more no more..........

Go Hawks !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:19 pm

The cowboys line is better than Quinn, Donald and co?....Nope. Not even close. The Rams beat them in Dallas mere weeks ago.

The last 3 weeks (including this Sunday) the Hawks have faced defense numbers 1,2 and 3.

The demise of the Hawks is a bit premature, although I predicted a loss, I could see Seahawk pride pull out a win and would not be surprised.

I remember when we went there in the 80's on Thanksgiving and were supposed to get blown out (Cowpies 7.5 favorites) but guess what?...We blew THEM out.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 270dal.htm
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Largent80 wrote:The cowboys line is better than Quinn, Donald and co?....Nope. Not even close. The Rams beat them in Dallas mere weeks ago.

The last 3 weeks (including this Sunday) the Hawks have faced defense numbers 1,2 and 3.

The demise of the Hawks is a bit premature, although I predicted a loss, I could see Seahawk pride pull out a win and would not be surprised.

I remember when we went there in the 80's on Thanksgiving and were supposed to get blown out (Cowpies 7.5 favorites) but guess what?...We blew THEM out.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 270dal.htm

He was comparing the two offensive lines, as indicated by his reference to the Cowboys likely controlling TOP. Dallas has the 3rd ranked rushing game in the league, much of it being minus their starting RB. The Cowboys have had one of if not the best OL for a number of years now, if last Sunday was any kind of a barometer for what's likely to happen this Sunday, especially when you consider that they're getting one of the top RB's in the league back, our D could be in for a very long day.

And I remember that Turkey Day game back in the 80's when we blew out the Cowboys. I vividly remember Steve Largent turning Everson Walls inside out for an easy TD...and Walls was having a Pro Bowl season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm

People were saying the same thing when Philly was coming into Seattle, saying how superior they were with their number one offence and great defense. How did that turn out?
That was a mere 2 weeks ago.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Largent80 wrote:People were saying the same thing when Philly was coming into Seattle, saying how superior they were with their number one offence and great defense. How did that turn out?

My thoughts, Seattle’s coaching staff knows they’re in a sketchy situation. It’ll either be balls out, all stops pulled or flop.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Largent80 wrote:People were saying the same thing when Philly was coming into Seattle, saying how superior they were with their number one offence and great defense. How did that turn out?

The Eagles game was our best effort of the year by far, but let's not forget that they still rang up 425 yards of offense on our vaunted D and beat us in every statistical category. Fortunately our offense didn't turn the ball over that night, we only had 5 accepted penalties called against us, and Ole Reliable Blair Walsh banged in his only FG attempt of the night, a 46 yarder, so the effect of the statistical beating they laid on us was negated. The turning point of the game came in the 2nd quarter when Wentz bailed us out by fumbling at the 1 yard line just as the Eagles were going in for what appeared to be a game tying touchdown at the end of a 74 yard drive.

So let's not go around pretending that we routed the Eagles. The game was a lot closer than the score indicated.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Truth is I wouldn't be surprised at much this game, from another blowout loss to a 3 score victory ... but I suspect rumors of our demise may be a bit premature. We get Bobby back, maybe that and the wounded pride of the remnants of great team watching all the drivel on all the NFL shows this week will coax a decent game out of them.

28-27 Seahawks
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:07 pm

This has been the toughest week for a true 12. I really hope our demise is overstated. It was still December when we beat the Eagles and “shocked” the world. Philly is still the best and most well-rounded team in the NFC. I think we can win on Sunday; who knows if it will happen, though.
31-23 Hawks

Merry Christmas !
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:This has been the toughest week for a true 12. I really hope our demise is overstated. It was still December when we beat the Eagles and “shocked” the world. Philly is still the best and most well-rounded team in the NFC. I think we can win on Sunday; who knows if it will happen, though.
31-23 Hawks

Merry Christmas !

Toughest week? No that was watching Rick Mirer get drafted. 1992/1993 still makes me want to cry.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:13 pm

We all know that Bevelll will come up with some kind of game plan, right?:)

We'll see what we do tomorrow. I don't think this ens up being the blow out some are predicting, and in fact I think Seattle covers the +6 (and wins outright). The NFL has been so strange this year that nothing surprises me.

24-23, Hawks.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:22 pm

River Dog did someone say we routed the Eagles?...I didn't see that, and it wasn't me but we beat them regardless of yards, rankings or anything else.

Dallas has won 3 in a row and this is a trap game for them, because they have won 3 in a row and the Hawks suffered their worst loss in many years.

The pressure is entirely on THEM, and in cases like that sometimes the obvious aint so.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Not ragging on IG but he said this before the Philly game....

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
A 3rd straight home loss looms. C Link is no longer the loud and intimidating pit of misery it used to be.

Philly is a damn good team. They are us, circa 2012-2013. Young, hungry, and talented.

They can run the ball, they don't soil themselves in the first half like we do, their defense is going to take advantage of our O line, and Wentz does not make mistakes.

We have to play a clean, near perfect game. We have yet to do that this season.

Russ keeps us in it, as always, but its a 30-24 Philly win.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Largent80 wrote:River Dog did someone say we routed the Eagles?...I didn't see that, and it wasn't me but we beat them regardless of yards, rankings or anything else.

Dallas has won 3 in a row and this is a trap game for them, because they have won 3 in a row and the Hawks suffered their worst loss in many years.

The pressure is entirely on THEM, and in cases like that sometimes the obvious aint so.

Yea, I know you didn't use the same term I did, but the way you said it..."how did that one turn out?" sure sounded like a taunt that required shaking a friend by the shoulders.

I'd say that both teams have equal amounts to lose and equal amounts of pressure. It's a must win for both of us if we want to stay in the playoffs. One could argue that we have more to prove than the Cowboys, that we have to prove that the historic ass kicking last Sunday was an anomaly and not a true reflection of who we are.

And as far as rubbing IG's nose in the Philly prediction, he's been right a lot more often than he's been wrong. Just out of curiosity, what's your record been in predicting our W's and L's this season?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm

My game predictions is that Demarcus Lawrence gets home a couple times on RW and we may see our backup playing by the end of the game. I watched Lawrence play at Boise State and could never understand why he wasn't drafted higher. He can be a one man wrecking crew if he gets on his game. Yes, he started off in junior college but he is as good as they get as a DE.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:58 pm

You like Demarcus Lawrence vs Ifedi?? Go look up Lawrence's sack numbers

I like it better than Lawrence vs Brown. Quite a bit actually. Then again, I been watching Brown getting smoked regularly, or put on his arse by players no one's ever heard of since arriving in Seattle.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Largent80 wrote:Not ragging on IG but he said this before the Philly game..

Nobody goes 16-0 in picks, especially in the modern NFL.

Cherry picker! :D

The problem is...the Eagles game is the outlier. This game is in Dallas, with a fired up Zeke coming back. We are on our heels with injuries and inconsistent play.

Besides, you also picked Dallas to win this so we are in agreement.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Besides, you also picked Dallas to win this so we are in agreement.

Gosh, you're right! Nice catch, IG!

In his OP, L80 said "I see Dallas winning this game" yet he's arguing with us as if he thinks that we don't know what we're talking about.

So what's your prediction, L80?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 am

I think I said it earlier. But, until the Hawk rushing defense shows up one would have to pick Dal-ASS.

That being said as discussed earlier, football is more than just handicapping. Emotion is NOT handicappable and we all know the Hawks have heart regardless of last weeks game so it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled an 80's version of a trip to Texas with a win.

Hows that for fence riding???
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 am

Another thing that I will say is that this game will be about preparation and the coaches. What did they do different to prepare the team after the most dreadful performance in many years with everything on the line.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 am

Largent80 wrote:Another thing that I will say is that this game will be about preparation and the coaches. What did they do different to prepare the team after the most dreadful performance in many years with everything on the line.

Good point. It should be included along with the posts about pride and focus with the players.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:09 am

Hawks win 45-28. RW throws for 400 and 4 TDs And runs for 100 and a TDs thrusting himself back into the MVP discussion. Wagner has 12 tackles 2 sacks and a pick 6, putting him back in the Defensive player of the year discussion. A guy can dream can’t he?
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 am

Largent80 wrote:I think I said it earlier. But, until the Hawk rushing defense shows up one would have to pick Dal-ASS.

That being said as discussed earlier, football is more than just handicapping. Emotion is NOT handicappable and we all know the Hawks have heart regardless of last weeks game so it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled an 80's version of a trip to Texas with a win.

LOL! OK, L80. But you were going at IG and myself with such verocity that it made one think that you had the Hawks pegged for a sure victory.

Next season, how about participating in our pickum leauge? It forces us to put our money where our mouths are at...except it's just for fun.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:39 pm

I will say this. They have two rookies at cb and a young safety. Also they really only have one viable pass rusher.

We should be able to exploit that and I'm Jimmy may just have a very good day.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Also don't forget about KJ Wright coming back. He's very speedy and will be good in run support and Bobby got a gear back this week.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Largent80 wrote:I think I said it earlier. But, until the Hawk rushing defense shows up one would have to pick Dal-ASS.

I think you have splinters the size of redwoods from that fence... :o
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Ridin it like a $20 hooker...... :o
Largent80
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum