Taking a look at Free Agents (Seattle's)

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Taking a look at Free Agents (Seattle's)

Postby Largent80 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 am

Exclusive Rights Free Agents Generally these are offered league minimum.

Josh Forrest
Joey Hunt
Branden Jackson
Paul Dawson
Quinton Jefferson
Garrison Smith
Tyler Ott
J.D. McKissic
Tyrone Swoopes
Tyrus Thompson
Christian French
Jordan Simone
Akeem King

Restricted Free Agents These players can be offered one year tenders.

Dewey McDonald
Dion Jordan
Justin Coleman
Mike Davis
Thomas Rawls

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jimmy Graham
Luke Joeckel
Eddie Lacy
Sheldon Richardson
Bradley McDougald
Luke Willson
Michael Wilhoite
Paul Richardson
Blair Walsh
Marcus Smith
Oday Aboushi
Matt Tobin
Terence Garvin
Austin Davis
Byron Maxwell
Last edited by Largent80 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Taking a look at Free Agents (Seattle)

Postby Largent80 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 am

This is a huge list and regardless of if there are any coaching changes or not, there are certainly going to be a lot of new faces on this team.

That, plus there are several bloated contracts that may be dumped, or traded.

It's going to be interesting and Schneider and Co. have their work cut out.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Taking a look at Free Agents (Seattle's)

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 am

I was just about ready to start a thread about our free agents as I just got through reading a pretty good review of our FA status from Bob Condetta:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ho-may-go/

Rumblings are that Jimmy Graham is done unless he wants to work a team friendly deal. It's a shame, too, as they were just starting to utilize his height advantage in the red zone, which is what he was brought in here to do. But he's still not a very good inline blocker, and something tells me that we're going to be concentrating big time on improving our running game.

Joekel is likely done, and Eddie Lacy is the textbook definition of a free agent bust. He has about as much of a chance of returning as does Blair Walsh.

My guess is that Luke might not be back, either. He's likely to get some pretty decent offers and although to a lesser degree than Graham, Luke's longsuit is not blocking. Supposedly it's a strong class for tight ends this year.

Sheldon Richardson and McDougald will be back, almost sure of it. The other Richardson won't. Wide receivers are a dime a dozen. Look for us to pick one up early in the draft.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 am

Here's another article about Graham and Joeckel not returning among other things.
Speculation at this point, but still it seems the writing is on the wall for some of them.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 06474.html
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Make offers to these guys.

Quinton Jefferson
Garrison Smith
J.D. McKissic
Tyrone Swoopes
Branden Jackson

There are some others there but the guys above showed something this season, Swoopes could be very interesting if his conversion is pretty solid now.

These guys could be the glue that holds this team together next year with limited cap space, offer all of them.Hope that whatever changes they make on the offensive side helps Rawls return to form. Coleman was lights out for us as was Davis when he got a chance, Jordon came along well and showed he belongs.

Dion Jordan
Justin Coleman
Mike Davis
Thomas Rawls

Here's the high end list.

Jimmy Graham - 31 years old and doesn't produce to justify his salary, will want at least 10 million or more next year, unless we can get him cheap and move him to WR let him go.

Luke Joeckel - He could help now that he spent a medical redshirt year basically here for 8 million, really owes us a discount for the carry, if we can get him 4 million maybe.

Eddie Lacy - Cut throw his ass out the door.

Sheldon Richardson - The most important one in my mind, not all DT's get sacks, he pushes the pocket and takes two guys on freeing up for the rest of the guys to shine, why our D line looked so good all season once he arrived, yes it may cost a bit, but his ability makes all our other guys flourish.

Bradley McDougald - Another must sign, back up for Earl and played well when Kam was out, Kam isn't coming back as a player, that neck thing is a career ender from what Pete said today 01/02/18.

Luke Willson - Tender offer, Vannett and Swoopes and Willson or a F.A. pick up.

Michael Wilhoite- He helped us out and contributed, would make a base offer.

Paul Richardson - If rumors are true and he is asking 7 million let him walk and test the market, he made some big plays but he was not that distinguished across the league, 2 Million offer is my guess.

Blair Walsh - Kick him wide Right.

Marcus Smith - He showed us a lot once he got healthy, would like him back and with Avril also injured and not coming back based on same information Pete have we need this kid.

Oday Aboushi - Let him go.

Matt Tobin - May be help for depth, Cable finds a way to make guys disappear, I would like to see if he could play RT. He cost us a draft pick we should see if he can justify it.

Terence Garvin - Made some plays for us, should be able to retain for reasonable salary.

Austin Davis - I like this kid, with Wilson he never really got on the field but has experience and doesn't seem to have a deer in the headlight look about him, knows our system, bring him back.

Byron Maxwell - Need is all I can say, Sherman may not come back soon enough and Maxwell held down that side well, I think a reasonable contract is something he would be open to as well being someplace he is wanted and used correctly.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I love Jimmy G, but he isn’t a he TE we need & he isn’t a WR. He’s a pass catching TE and there is a difference. I think we part ways with him.

McDougald, Maxi, Coleman & Jordan just got more important to me after Pete’s presser. I think we will likely lose out on both Richardson’s who will command more than the Hawks will pay. I’d sure love to keep the big one, though. And I’d sure like to keep Willson. I don’t want to start too fresh at TE and I think he’s a great team guy (shoulda caught that pass, though....underthrown as it was.

It should be a very interesting few months.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm pretty much on the same page as Sis with this. S. Richardson will probably get a better offer than we can pay, but I'd like to keep Joeckel for the right price. He's a better Guard than anyone currently on the team and who knows what we might get in the draft. As well, Garrison Smith flashed a few times and looks interesting as long as he can keep gap integrity. With Nazair Jones having a year under his belt, he may be even better next year.

Look for an emphasis on speed in the draft.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Bottom line on JG is that I saw too many good looking big TEs that could catch in the college bowls this year. There's a good replacement out there for JG at a rookie salary, too.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum