Seahawks Draft

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Seahawks Draft

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 am

Bates looks like the type they go for in later rounds, but who knows how they have him rated.
We currently have the 18th pick then the 4th round 116th (before 3rd round comp picks) and NFLDraftScout has him rated as a 4th round pick.
He might be someone to keep an eye on at the Combine.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Thers no way JS doesnt trade for more picks.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Largent80 wrote:Thers no way JS doesnt trade for more picks.

Agreed.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I think it's a given. JS has traded down when he HAD 2nd and 3rd round picks in order to accumulate more, so now that he doesn't it seems a no brainer.
But since everyone expects it and knowing there will be more than 100 picks between ours, teams might try to drive a harder bargain (of course they then risk the chance to get their player, but still...) when negotiating a trade down for us.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Draft picks aren't even set yet because there could and probably will be trades, picks will be garnered before the draft is my feeling.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 am

You're right, ObS, a lot of water will flow under the bridge before draft day, but I think it's almost certain JS will trade down. I don't see any real possibility of them staying where they are.
JS is greedy about comp picks and is must have hurt him inside to give away 3 natural picks in early rounds for Richardson and Brown (next years 2nd is gone, too), so in my mind trading down is pretty much a given.
The meat of this draft seems to be from the late 1st to early 3rd and after that it looks to me like the players that would help us the most will be gone. There will be a few exceptions left, but we won't select until about 122 after all
of the 3rd round comp picks are included. I think it's also why ET is being talked about as being moved as he could return some good draft capital and give some serious Cap relief. With Kam's contract now guaranteed for 6.8 million barring some type of injury settlement there's more impetus to reduce the Cap number.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 am

I think Earl is as good as gone for those 2 reasons. We're short on draft capital in a draft that is heavy with the teams needs, and for cap relief.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:50 pm

When was the last time a team gave up HOF caliber players for draft picks, during the prime of their career that benefited them?

If they trade ET for a couple picks, barring those picks immediately playing on a HOF level, I would seriously question their acumen. You do not cast HOF caliber talent aside for gambles on unproven, inexperienced, question marks. That's fan fiction, not intelligent, comprehensive management.

Only a fool would trade the leader of the defense in their prime for player x in the draft. How many whiffs are necessary to reinforce that? If you can fleece someone * like QB fleecing* you pull that trigger, but no way do you do that before. Ie 3 firsts and 2 2nds or something of that nature, does anyone see that as a realistic expectation? No? Then you simply don't do it.

Doubtful Carroll interested in a complete rebuild, and if they trade ET, that is indeed what it is.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:01 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:When was the last time a team gave up HOF caliber players for draft picks, during the prime of their career that benefited them?

If they trade ET for a couple picks, barring those picks immediately playing on a HOF level, I would seriously question their acumen. You do not cast HOF caliber talent aside for gambles on unproven, inexperienced, question marks. That's fan fiction, not intelligent, comprehensive management.

Only a fool would trade the leader of the defense in their prime for player x in the draft. How many whiffs are necessary to reinforce that? If you can fleece someone * like QB fleecing* you pull that trigger, but no way do you do that before. Ie 3 firsts and 2 2nds or something of that nature, does anyone see that as a realistic expectation? No? Then you simply don't do it.

Doubtful Carroll interested in a complete rebuild, and if they trade ET, that is indeed what it is.

I think that the consensus of posters in here is exactly the same as you've articulated regarding Earl Thomas. A trade is out of the question unless Earl is demanding to get out. I say offer him Eric Berry money plus, he deserves to be the highest paid safety in the game, and if that's not good enough, then go ahead and trade him to whatever team he wants to play for...Cowboys, I suppose. In any event, the ball's in his court.

There's no way we could get equal value out of a trade.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

I don't think anyone wants to trade him, but rather it's a scenario that might happen because of Cap pressures and like RD said him wanting to leave.
He's said he wants to finish his career here, but I don't know what's really going through his head or if he's just saying it as an out from the avalanche of questions that would follow if he was ambivalent or stated he wanted out.
Only he knows the real story.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Who knows what to believe with Earl when he says I want to finish here, then goes chasing the head coach of the Cowboys down saying "come and get me".

I'm going with the latter. He's grateful with the Hawks but would like to finish in Dallas.

That being my gut. So, just trade him, get the picks and reload and there will not be another Earl Thomas in the draft or anywhere, but Earl is on the downside of his career and there is no argument otherwise.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Until you can actually provide even a LITTLE evidence that that's the case, you're simply attempting to justify your own position with hot air and hyperbole..... use as many irrelevant examples as you want, claim there's no argument, but you know you haven't provided a SINGLE factual claim justifying your position.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Until you can actually provide even a LITTLE evidence that that's the case, you're simply attempting to justify your own position with hot air and hyperbole..... use as many irrelevant examples as you want, claim there's no argument, but you know you haven't provided a SINGLE factual claim justifying your position.

I don't know why there is a need to turn a discussion about hot air and hyperbole. I don't have to defend any of my posts but feel free to actually add any capable draft choices to the conversation about draft choices, unless you are a mouthbreathing troll that feels the need to prop yourself up by berating others.

By the way, my wife teaches his cousin at Lone Star College and I specifically asked her to ask Earl about this and guess what?...I was correct.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Earl is 28 years old. He plays safety. He's hardly on the downside of his career. He has likely another 3 to 5 great years in him. I'd trade Bobby Wags before Earl, but don't want to trade either. Keeping Sherm, Earl, and Wags as the cornerstones of our defense is a must in my opinion. With Frank Clark, Bennett,and some young and up comers on D-line, we can focus on adding at other positions.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Earl is 28 years old. He plays safety. He's hardly on the downside of his career. He has likely another 3 to 5 great years in him. I'd trade Bobby Wags before Earl, but don't want to trade either. Keeping Sherm, Earl, and Wags as the cornerstones of our defense is a must in my opinion. With Frank Clark, Bennett,and some young and up comers on D-line, we can focus on adding at other positions.

Minor correction. Earl turns 29 in May.

But I do agree with what you are saying about him. Earl's experience, in particular his anticipation as to where the play is going, is priceless. It is reasonable to expect that he can play at a Pro Bowl level for at least 2-3 more seasons. As far as him getting traded, that's something that should be Earl's call. We offer to make him the highest paid safety in the game and if that's not enough, then ask him who he wants to play for and initiate a trade.

I'm not sure if keeping Sherman is a must. We'll have to see how he recovers from his Achilles injury.

I have a feeling that this is gonig to be an interesting offseason. It's already started with a bang with all the coaching changed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 pm

RiverDog wrote:But I do agree with what you are saying about him. Earl's experience, in particular his anticipation as to where the play is going, is priceless. It is reasonable to expect that he can play at a Pro Bowl level for at least 2-3 more seasons. As far as him getting traded, that's something that should be Earl's call. We offer to make him the highest paid safety in the game and if that's not enough, then ask him who he wants to play for and initiate a trade.

I'm not sure if keeping Sherman is a must. We'll have to see how he recovers from his Achilles injury.

I have a feeling that this is gonig to be an interesting offseason. It's already started with a bang with all the coaching changed.

You see our points per game without Sherm? It wasn't pretty. Having a shutdown corner on one side of the field makes playing defense much, much easier.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:53 am

Excellent write up on the combine here.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:You see our points per game without Sherm? It wasn't pretty. Having a shutdown corner on one side of the field makes playing defense much, much easier.

Oh, I agree completely....if Sherman makes a full recovery, I want to keep him. But an Achilles injury is a real dicey problem. We'll have to wait and see how he responds.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:32 am

I don't think he's not going to have a problem. You don't hear anything about it and thats a good thing.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Largent80 wrote:I don't think he's not going to have a problem. You don't hear anything about it and thats a good thing.

I agree, no news is good news. But the recovery time on Achilles tendon surgery is 4-6 months before resuming "normal activities" and he had the surgery in mid-November so he hasn't even reached the 4 month milestone yet. I doubt that he's even running full tilt on it. His status is still a huge question mark.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:Oh, I agree completely....if Sherman makes a full recovery, I want to keep him. But an Achilles injury is a real dicey problem. We'll have to wait and see how he responds.

From what I heard, Achilles injuries usually heal back stronger. Let him fully rest and heal. We can survive until he gets back.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:From what I heard, Achilles injuries usually heal back stronger. Let him fully rest and heal. We can survive until he gets back.

They have mixed results:

Only two-thirds of National Football League players ever come back (from a ruptured Achilles), and those who do find their performance significantly affected. But research suggests a prodromal period may offer opportunities for early intervention.

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-t ... on-rupture

I'll have to qualify that article by saying that it was done back in 2010, so maybe they've improved on those odds. WebMD says that 80% of patients return to normal activities, including sports...but I doubt that all 80% could perform well enough to withstand the rigors of professional sports.

I also read that a full, complete recovery could take up to a year.

That's one reason why I think Sherman will be back, because there's no way anyone is going to be stupid enough to roll the dice and give us anything of value in exchange for a veteran cornerback facing those kinds of odds.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Nobody gave Graham a chance to recover from an injury that is historic in it's attrition rate, but yet he did.

I think Sherm will be ok.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:07 am

Largent80 wrote:Nobody gave Graham a chance to recover from an injury that is historic in it's attrition rate, but yet he did.

I think Sherm will be ok.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm only saying that it's far from a foregone conclusion.

Edit: Sherman had a second operation, this time on the Achilles on his right foot. It was considered very minor, probably just cleaning up some bone spurs, but nevertheless, he's having to walk around in a boot for a couple of weeks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762 ... te-carroll
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:06 pm

RiverDog wrote:They have mixed results:

Only two-thirds of National Football League players ever come back (from a ruptured Achilles), and those who do find their performance significantly affected. But research suggests a prodromal period may offer opportunities for early intervention.

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-t ... on-rupture

I'll have to qualify that article by saying that it was done back in 2010, so maybe they've improved on those odds. WebMD says that 80% of patients return to normal activities, including sports...but I doubt that all 80% could perform well enough to withstand the rigors of professional sports.

I also read that a full, complete recovery could take up to a year.

That's one reason why I think Sherman will be back, because there's no way anyone is going to be stupid enough to roll the dice and give us anything of value in exchange for a veteran cornerback facing those kinds of odds.

That study has a lot of holes. Small sample size of 31 players with 21 returning to play. It doesn't say what level the players played at prior to the injury or whether their games decreased due solely to the Achilles injury. It doesn't say if they were starters or special teams or what position they played. It's too weak to draw from. Suggs returned from it and played at high level as 3-4 rush LB. If Sherm were a RB, I'd be more worried. I think a DB can return easier than other positions. My friend was a sprinter and he tore both of Achilles tendons. He returned to top level sprinting after he recovered. Sherm's not taking a brutal beating like a RB. He can get his speed back and get back to it.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:That study has a lot of holes. Small sample size of 31 players with 21 returning to play. It doesn't say what level the players played at prior to the injury or whether their games decreased due solely to the Achilles injury. It doesn't say if they were starters or special teams or what position they played. It's too weak to draw from. Suggs returned from it and played at high level as 3-4 rush LB. If Sherm were a RB, I'd be more worried. I think a DB can return easier than other positions. My friend was a sprinter and he tore both of Achilles tendons. He returned to top level sprinting after he recovered. Sherm's not taking a brutal beating like a RB. He can get his speed back and get back to it.

I didn't present the information with the intent of countering your point, and I believe what you're saying about your friend and his Achilles repair. All I am saying is that Sherman's full recovery is not a given. I wouldn't be shocked if he made a full recovery, nor would I be shocked if he never gets back to full strength.

Sherman had another Achilles surgery, this time on his right foot. It's considered minor, probably just cleaning up some bone spurs. They're saying it's a minor setback, but a setback nonetheless.

RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 am

RiverDog wrote:I didn't present the information with the intent of countering your point, and I believe what you're saying about your friend and his Achilles repair. All I am saying is that Sherman's full recovery is not a given. I wouldn't be shocked if he made a full recovery, nor would I be shocked if he never gets back to full strength.

Sherman had another Achilles surgery, this time on his right foot. It's considered minor, probably just cleaning up some bone spurs. They're saying it's a minor setback, but a setback nonetheless.

I'd let Sherm rest nice and long. The man's been playing 16 games a year every year he entered the league except maybe his rookie year and last year. He'll come back chomping at the bit. Sherm doesn't know how to play any less than 100% all the time with a desire to win and be the best. Keeping him on the sideline a little longer is like keeping a hungry dog in a cage with raw meat in sight. He'll come out ready to feed.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:11 am

Everyone heals differently so we will just have to wait and see how he heals and responds.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:24 am

Largent80 wrote:Everyone heals differently so we will just have to wait and see how he heals and responds.

Agreed. Lots of variables.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Seahawks Draft Cobine updates

Postby Largent80 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:13 pm

So, post Combine any thoughts?

Here are a grip of AWESOME THOUGHTS.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:35 pm

TE's should be available in the later rounds.
The player I'm interested in is Jaylen Samuels who is a jack of all trades, but he is a good lead RB and not bad as a blocking TE to go along with some real good hands and route running. He might go earlier than the TE's because of his versatility.
I could see us taking him if he's still there later in the draft.

Of the real TE's, a couple of players not talked much about are Will Dissly and Ryan Izzo. Both are good blockers and didn't have many passes thrown to them, but when they did they didn't miss very often.

Of the RB's, and assuming we trade down, Derrius Guice looks like the type of RB Pete likes. Some people think Ronald Jones II is going to be a great back, but I'm not convinced he's the type of RB that would fit behind our OL (assuming the productivity improves only slightly). Jones would be a good or maybe great RB behind a Holmgren or one of his coaches type of Offensive lines (think Raiders with Gruden or KC who don't need a RB), but Pete seems to like more physical RBs that can deliver blows more than run around them. Later in the draft, maybe Jon Kelly from Tennessee or Darrell Williams from LSU could be candidates but they probably wouldn't be the feature RB but a change of pace.

OL was a bit of a surprise with Orlando Brown looking so bad athletically. I wonder if he really cares enough for a team to actually use a draft pick on him. On the positive side, Will Hernandez from Texas El Paso dropped around 15 lbs and was really quick and smooth. We won't have a chance getting Nelson, but Hernandez might be a better value. Isaiah Wynn wasn't at the Combine, but his play at the Sr Bowl against the best College DL showed he should be a higher pick like Hernandez.
Of the later options a player nobody seems to talk much about is Wyatt Teller from VT. He has the explosiveness with his long and vertical jumps PC/JS tend to look for. Braden Smith is another in the same range, but faster than Teller but it's quite possible they both go in the 2nd or early 3rd.

On the Defensive side, DE Josh Sweat is a great athlete with surprising quickness, but had a real bad knee injury in High School but has worked his way back. He might be someone to keep an eye on if the doctors pass him.
Shaquem Griffin is someone who would be an immediate ST player, but where he would fit would be interesting. They might see him as a situational Edge rusher or maybe a OLB or even a Safety with his speed. I could see him taking the Kam Chancellor role as an in the box Safety and intimidator over the middle in some packages. He might fall in the draft because teams might not know where exactly he fits.
Like every year, they will be looking for pass rushers and with Avril and maybe Bennett not here this year they may jump at one early if he's the guy they really like.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:22 pm

NorthHawk wrote:TE's should be available in the later rounds.
The player I'm interested in is Jaylen Samuels who is a jack of all trades, but he is a good lead RB and not bad as a blocking TE to go along with some real good hands and route running. He might go earlier than the TE's because of his versatility.
I could see us taking him if he's still there later in the draft.

Of the real TE's, a couple of players not talked much about are Will Dissly and Ryan Izzo. Both are good blockers and didn't have many passes thrown to them, but when they did they didn't miss very often.

Of the RB's, and assuming we trade down, Derrius Guice looks like the type of RB Pete likes. Some people think Ronald Jones II is going to be a great back, but I'm not convinced he's the type of RB that would fit behind our OL (assuming the productivity improves only slightly). Jones would be a good or maybe great RB behind a Holmgren or one of his coaches type of Offensive lines (think Raiders with Gruden or KC who don't need a RB), but Pete seems to like more physical RBs that can deliver blows more than run around them. Later in the draft, maybe Jon Kelly from Tennessee or Darrell Williams from LSU could be candidates but they probably wouldn't be the feature RB but a change of pace.

OL was a bit of a surprise with Orlando Brown looking so bad athletically. I wonder if he really cares enough for a team to actually use a draft pick on him. On the positive side, Will Hernandez from Texas El Paso dropped around 15 lbs and was really quick and smooth. We won't have a chance getting Nelson, but Hernandez might be a better value. Isaiah Wynn wasn't at the Combine, but his play at the Sr Bowl against the best College DL showed he should be a higher pick like Hernandez.
Of the later options a player nobody seems to talk much about is Wyatt Teller from VT. He has the explosiveness with his long and vertical jumps PC/JS tend to look for. Braden Smith is another in the same range, but faster than Teller but it's quite possible they both go in the 2nd or early 3rd.

On the Defensive side, DE Josh Sweat is a great athlete with surprising quickness, but had a real bad knee injury in High School but has worked his way back. He might be someone to keep an eye on if the doctors pass him.
Shaquem Griffin is someone who would be an immediate ST player, but where he would fit would be interesting. They might see him as a situational Edge rusher or maybe a OLB or even a Safety with his speed. I could see him taking the Kam Chancellor role as an in the box Safety and intimidator over the middle in some packages. He might fall in the draft because teams might not know where exactly he fits.
Like every year, they will be looking for pass rushers and with Avril and maybe Bennett not here this year they may jump at one early if he's the guy they really like.

Awesome post North. I agree with a bunch of what you say here. Hernandez would be a nice inside OL player. Austin Corbett and Braden Smith might also be considered but Wynn is the guy I want in Hawk blue.

Incredibly there were far few "explosive" DL this year at the combine.

We kinda need LB and safety so Griffin is a very good option in the middle rounds. He's fast and BIG for the speed he has. Plus the heart, oh man you can't get that any other way than having one hand.

At TE....Stanford’s Dalton Schultz, Notre Dame’s Durham Smythe and Washington’s Will Dissly are all good possibilities for their ability to block and catch, and since the running game will get emphasized again any of these dudes would be great.

Speaking of LB....Jalyn Holmes, Kentavius Street and Breeland Speaks all showed great quickness over a short area while Andrew Brown, B.J. Hill, Nathan Shepherd and Foley Fatukasi performed well in the short shuttle.

Basically I see the Hawks trading down and getting a top RB followed by OL. Not really going out on a limb there.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Largent80 wrote:[We kinda need LB and safety so Griffin is a very good option in the middle rounds. He's fast and BIG for the speed he has. Plus the heart, oh man you can't get that any other way than having one hand.

I was going to start a thread about Griffin. Great story about his handicap, reminds me of Jim Abbott, a one handed pitcher for the Angels a few years back. When Abbott first hit the majors, there were thousands of parents of children with handicaps that wrote to him telling him what an inspiration he was for their kids. I sure hope he succeeds...so long as it isn't at our expense.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm

He plays defense, I think his handicap is negligible. I'd absolutely spend a mid-round on him and look at moving him to safety ...

BTW Eisen says the Seahawks are the only team to interview him at the combine.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 am

c_hawkbob wrote:He plays defense, I think his handicap is negligible. I'd absolutely spend a mid-round on him and look at moving him to safety ...

I would think that his handicap would be less of an issue at linebacker than as a DB. Obviously he'd have about 10" or so shorter reach, a necessity if we are to ask him to cover receivers.

I'll trust Pete's judgment on any defensive player.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 am

c_hawkbob wrote:He plays defense, I think his handicap is negligible. I'd absolutely spend a mid-round on him and look at moving him to safety ...

RiverDog wrote:I would think that his handicap would be less of an issue at linebacker than as a DB. Obviously he'd have about 10" or so shorter reach, a necessity if we are to ask him to cover receivers.

Yeah but he's a big hitter and with 4.38 speed if he's got any cover ability he'd help keep the "boom" in The Legion!

RiverDog wrote:I'll trust Pete's judgment on any defensive player.

Roger that.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 am

I saw him play in a couple games last year, dude is a baller and it would be awesome to have twin bros on the Hawks.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:01 am

Having him play S is interesting. With his size/speed/LB background he would be a really interesting option at SS if Kam can't go. It will be interesting to see how limiting playing at the NFL level will be without 2 hands. Guys play with 'clubs' all the time, but it certainly is limiting at least to some extent. With 2 hands he is probably a first round guy. He is a very 'Seahawky' player (size, speed, athleticism) and a true competitor with a huge chip on his shoulder. I would love to get him, just have to cross our fingers that he makes it to round 4...
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 am

My old man talked about a DL he played against in college that had a stump on one arm. He said that the guy would get under an opponent's shoulder pads with ease and crack him in the ribs with his stump. It kinda makes you wonder if there might be certain situations where a stump in lieu of a hand might actually be an advantage.

If we do draft him, we'd better prepare ourselves for the tasteless jokes that are as sure to come as death and taxes. Social media is already inundated with them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm

It feels inevitable the Seahawks will trade down. The value in this draft will come in rounds 2-3. With no pick currently in either round, Seattle is highly likely to try and acquire some stock in that range. They could trade down into the late first or early second. What can they get in return? The only precedent we have is the 2013 trade between Dallas and San Francisco. The Niners moved from #31 to #18 and gave up a relatively early third round pick.

So if they only get a mid 2nd or early 3rd, (or package a couple of their 4 5th's for an additional 3rd) I think they need to get one of the good RB's in that territory. Jones II, Chubb, or Johnson. The Hawks have been trying to "get by" with late picks or UDFA and it's part of what hasn't worked. Getting a good RB is a must in my book. Of course Oline, Oline, Oline, but you can't have everything.

Now, if we make a player trade for picks that changes a few things. But F.A. is this next week and I don't see a splash there, but hey, these guys always do stuff nobody expects.
Largent80
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum