Sherman is officially an enemy

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Sherman is officially an enemy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Stream Hawk
Legacy

Re: Sherman is officially an enemy

Postby Anthony » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm

yeah 3 years 39.5 million, no thanks.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Agree. Thankful for what he did for my team, but sorry, boys- I root for the laundry.

You go to another team, you're off my Christmas list. You go to a *division* foe? You're on my sht-list.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Anthony wrote:yeah 3 years 39.5 million, no thanks.

Holy desperation, batman.

Good for Sherm for negotiating it, but that's putting their neck on the line for a guy coming off this kind of injury.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Blech, seems like a stab in the back to me especially considering the history involved there with, "the tip", the eating of Turkey on the logo, Crabtree.

Whatever, get your money while you can.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Well at least that rivalry is back better than ever!
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:18 pm

The $5M signing bonus and huge incentives means the 9ers can cut him with minimal penalty. I'd be shocked if he plays 3 years and gets anything close to that payout.

The only thing stopping me from being really f*cking pissed is the fact that this gets him closer to his home. If I was a player and I was drafted by the 9ers, you can be damn sure I'd sign with the Hawks in free agency. Still, though, seeing him in a gold helmet is going to hurt. He was my favorite Hawk.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Sherman as a Niner doesn’t compute. On any level. :-(
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Kinda like Bret Favre going to the Vikings. It's going to be really strange seeing #25 lining up in a maroon and gold opposite green and blue.

But that's if he's healthy enough to do so. I'll bet that he's not ready for the opener.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:Kinda like Bret Favre going to the Vikings. It's going to be really strange seeing #25 lining up in a maroon and gold opposite green and blue.

But that's if he's healthy enough to do so. I'll bet that he's not ready for the opener.

How do you feel about this? My friend and I discussed this today. He told me today that we took Norton from the Cowboys, we took Deion (former loudmouth nemesis) and they took Haley. This feels different though. This guy has taken it to an ultra personal level with so many different people, it's just hard to root for him. So, I am like 60/40 on the dislike/like ratio.

On the positive, I love that he tackles, is instinctual, can pick a ball off. Even if he is 80% of what he was, we know the type of player he is and the competitiveness he brings. We have an ultra young D that at times lacked and identity and it may now take on that brash, competitive spirit that he brings everyday to practice.

On the negative, I love the energy our entire team has. It's all ultra positive. Our first win came in week 9 and the entire team was dancing in the locker room. How will Sherman fit with that? Will they take on that trash talking, tit for tat thing he seems to constantly have going? As I listed this as a positive, it seems like it could go either way. He seemed to have a lot of sideline scream outs last year.

What do you guys think about him on a day to day basis?
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 pm

He’s the best, brashest, most talented badass corner - until something goes wrong. Then he’s like a hissy fitting schoolgirl. 2016 was an absolute disaster with Sherman. It’s like he was one of the 12s that couldn’t get over “the call” in sb49. Let it go! Pete obviously didn’t like how he never let it go.

To Sherm’s credit, he seemed to move past the call last season and actually played like an all pro again.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:He’s the best, brashest, most talented badass corner - until something goes wrong. Then he’s like a hissy fitting schoolgirl. 2016 was an absolute disaster with Sherman. It’s like he was one of the 12s that couldn’t get over “the call” in sb49. Let it go! Pete obviously didn’t like how he never let it go.

To Sherm’s credit, he seemed to move past the call last season and actually played like an all pro again.

Ah, what the hell. Welcome aboard Richard! LOL. God this feels weird. It just doesn't feel right at all.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm

I wondered how it would feel on the opposite end. Sherman essentially ended careers for folks w/ the immaculate deflection (to say nothing of the mouth). I’d think it’d be as hard on them as it is for us.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:25 pm

It's quite the gamble; if he comes back the old Sherm, the Niners win, if not they lose ... either way Richard wins. Good for him.

I'm still a fan (unless he's playing us!), he's still a spectacular talent (again, if he can come back).
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I wondered how it would feel on the opposite end. Sherman essentially ended careers for folks w/ the immaculate deflection (to say nothing of the mouth). I’d think it’d be as hard on them as it is for us.

It's a strange mix, but I wouldn't say it's "hard" on any fan - because he may still be very good. It's a mix of excitement for his potential and disgust for the inevitable trolling he will now do as a representative of our team. It's not like it's going to be cool that he's calling other players "scrubs" etc now that he's wearing red and gold. At least in my opinion. The whole thing is just weird.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Ok, gotta admit - the man looks good in red and gold. Bring your dreads on down to the bay! LOL.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 am

GTH all of you that are calling Richard Sherman the "enemy" and other B.S. posts. How is SHERM the "enemy" when it was PETE CARROLL who CUT SHERM. GET THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS !!! Pete and his merry band of MORONS GAVE UP on Sherm so he went to another team, the 49ners!!! If YOU Pete-Lovers wanted Sherm to be playing for the Seahawks then BLAME PETE for CUTTING RS.

Have the Hawks been "competing" the last SEVERAL years??? Do YOU call THAT "competing??? The LAST season we "competed for a Super Bowl was the one we LOST when Russell Wilson threw the ball right into Malcom Butler's hands handing the Lombardi to the Hoodie on a silver platter.

That IS IT, the Hawks have NOT been competing since THAT time. There needed to be a house cleaning but Paul Allen should have finished the job and FIRED PETE for waiting so long and WASTING the best defense put together in DECADES. WASTED is what the LOB and the rest of the defense while the offense was allowed to go down the toilet bowl season after season mean while we are told to worship Russell Wilson because he is the "franchise" and therefore cannot be criticized. How is PETE going to rebuild like before when him and John Schneider got LUCKY when they pulled both Kam AND SHERM in the later rounds of the draft.

Those two IDIOTS have not even came close to having that great a draft. The FACT IS most of their drafts, especially the 1st. have been MEDIOCRE at best.

I am willing to bet that Pete Carroll will NEVER coach the Seahawks to another Super Bowl appearance. We were lucky to have got that one out of him.

Do you really believe that Pete is puling a "hoodie" move? The real thing knows HOW to pull off when to get rid of a player and more importantly when NOT to. Pete can't pull it off, he doesn't have the BRAINS the Hoodie does.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:29 am

Two repaired achilles tendons and he turns 30 this fall...good luck.
He negotiated a nice deal for himself all things considered, but his claim of going to a legit contender?
Sorry, but SF is still a few yrs away from being in the SB conversation.

Their bigger concern is Reuben Foster. The kid is showing measurable, if not significant signs of being a dip s*** already.
SF is probably gonna spin this as 'give-the-newbie-another-chance', but he's bound to blow it again anyway. Arrested twice in one month's time? Haha, Idiot.

And when 49ers don't live up to the hype they're already getting, u can expect Sherman's attitude to go south. He's gonna show his ring, joke about Crabtree, then start telling others what to do.

Watch.

Edit: Not sure why people are up in arms over this. The days of a players 'loyalty' or whatever ended when the salary cap came into play back in '93. Besides, he was no longer wanted here. And I'm Elated that we are are done w Sherman and Bennett in terms of the distractions they brought over the last 2 seasons. Great players, but best days clearly behind them.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:41 am

Zorn76 wrote:Two repaired achilles tendons and he turns 30 this fall...good luck.
He negotiated a nice deal for himself all things considered, but his claim of going to a legit contender?
Sorry, but SF is still a few yrs away from being in the SB conversation.

Their bigger concern is Reuben Foster. The kid is showing measurable, if not significant signs of being a dip s*** already.
SF is probably gonna spin this as 'give-the-newbie-another-chance', but he's bound to blow it again anyway. Arrested twice in one month's time? Haha, Idiot.

And when 49ers don't live up to the hype they're already getting, u can expect Sherman's attitude to go south. He's gonna show his ring, joke about Crabtree, then start telling others what to do.

Watch.

Edit: Not sure why people are up in arms over this. The days of a players 'loyalty' or whatever ended when the salary cap came into play back in '93. Besides, he was no longer wanted here. And I'm Elated that we are are done w Sherman and Bennett in terms of the distractions they brought over the last 2 seasons. Great players, but best days clearly behind them.

To be fair, it's only one Achillies repair. As I understand it, the most recent surgery didn't involve a tendon repair, I suspect just cleaning up some bone spurs. My wife had a similar surgery on one of her rotator cuff tendons. It's a very short recovery time, just a couple of weeks in a boot. But nevertheless, it's still a setback, and perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back on our hopes of him returning by the start of next season, and with his contract due next season, there was no sense keeping him around on the sidelines pulling in the scratch we were paying him.

The only downer is that we cut Sherman rather than trade him like we should have done last year when he actually had some value. What is it that Belichek says, that he'd rather trade a player a year too early than a year too late? Well, we just did the latter.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:04 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:GTH all of you that are calling Richard Sherman the "enemy" and other B.S. posts. How is SHERM the "enemy" when it was PETE CARROLL who CUT SHERM. GET THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS !!! Pete and his merry band of MORONS GAVE UP on Sherm so he went to another team, the 49ners!!! If YOU Pete-Lovers wanted Sherm to be playing for the Seahawks then BLAME PETE for CUTTING RS.

I know your in pain guy, but he was cut for 3 reasons. He was unruly and self absorbed. He would have cost a boatload to keep, and he is wounded. You don't normally just come back from a torn Achilles. He has 2. I support Pete on this move, sorry. IF Sherm would have taken a cut then ok, or if he would have been a locker room blessing. He was not a cancer like Owens, but he was a giant cyst for a long time. Bill Belichick, would have cut him after the explosion on Bevell, was he right? Yes. But you don't explode in public, or on a guy like RW. LIke it or not he chased the bucks on this one. He could have signed anywhere, but HE picked the Niners. Moreover, we shopped him last year, and no bites, come on. Your loyalty to Sherm is admirable, but misplaced.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:GTH all of you that are calling Richard Sherman the "enemy" and other B.S. posts. How is SHERM the "enemy" when it was PETE CARROLL who CUT SHERM. GET THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS !!! Pete and his merry band of MORONS GAVE UP on Sherm so he went to another team, the 49ners!!! If YOU Pete-Lovers wanted Sherm to be playing for the Seahawks then BLAME PETE for CUTTING RS.

Have the Hawks been "competing" the last SEVERAL years??? Do YOU call THAT "competing??? The LAST season we "competed for a Super Bowl was the one we LOST when Russell Wilson threw the ball right into Malcom Butler's hands handing the Lombardi to the Hoodie on a silver platter.

That IS IT, the Hawks have NOT been competing since THAT time. There needed to be a house cleaning but Paul Allen should have finished the job and FIRED PETE for waiting so long and WASTING the best defense put together in DECADES. WASTED is what the LOB and the rest of the defense while the offense was allowed to go down the toilet bowl season after season mean while we are told to worship Russell Wilson because he is the "franchise" and therefore cannot be criticized. How is PETE going to rebuild like before when him and John Schneider got LUCKY when they pulled both Kam AND SHERM in the later rounds of the draft.

Those two IDIOTS have not even came close to having that great a draft. The FACT IS most of their drafts, especially the 1st. have been MEDIOCRE at best.

I am willing to bet that Pete Carroll will NEVER coach the Seahawks to another Super Bowl appearance. We were lucky to have got that one out of him.

Do you really believe that Pete is puling a "hoodie" move? The real thing knows HOW to pull off when to get rid of a player and more importantly when NOT to. Pete can't pull it off, he doesn't have the BRAINS the Hoodie does.

So drafting, Sherm, Earl, Wagner, Russell, KJ Wright, and Kam were bad drafts? And signing Doug Baldwin? All bad?

You can't help spouting irrational trash can you?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:28 am

Already knew Sherm was going to the Niners. Knew it the day we released him. They had cap money to spend. Sherm is a good gamble for them. If he's the old Sherm, they have a Pro Bowl talent. If not, it's only three years and they can cut him early. He's closer to home and remains on the West Coast. It's a good move for the 49ers and for Sherm. He gave us all he had while he was here including one of the greatest moments in Seahawks history. Sherm will always be part of the Legion of Boom. He'll always be a Seahawk. He'll be in our Ring of Honor for sure. I hope he makes it in the Hall.

Get your money, Sherm. You gave up your body for us. Take care of your finances for life. Who knows. 49ers may be up and comers if their QB gamble pays off and Jimmy G is for real. All the luck to Sherm.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Already knew Sherm was going to the Niners. Knew it the day we released him. They had cap money to spend. Sherm is a good gamble for them. If he's the old Sherm, they have a Pro Bowl talent. If not, it's only three years and they can cut him early. He's closer to home and remains on the West Coast. It's a good move for the 49ers and for Sherm. He gave us all he had while he was here including one of the greatest moments in Seahawks history. Sherm will always be part of the Legion of Boom. He'll always be a Seahawk. He'll be in our Ring of Honor for sure. I hope he makes it in the Hall.

Get your money, Sherm. You gave up your body for us. Take care of your finances for life. Who knows. 49ers may be up and comers if their QB gamble pays off and Jimmy G is for real. All the luck to Sherm.

I agree Assy! Does he have enough time in right now to make it into the Hall do you think?
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:33 am

I would be interested to know what our FO offered Sherman.
According to PFT, the $39 million has a lot of incentives to reach and this year is only $5 million signing bonus and $2 million base salary.
The rest is roster bonuses, playing time, season honors, etc. with guarantees coming if he meets some or all of them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -a-mirage/
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 am

My bad for starting the thread implying he is the “enemy”. It was good natured that the Niners are the enemy. Sherm is the man. However, his time here is done and we are moving on. It’s tough, but we must trust Pete and John on this one. I truly hope they’re planning on going all in on making a young hungry, super talented roster again, or else.
Last edited by Stream Hawk on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 am

How is SHERM the "enemy" when it was PETE CARROLL who CUT SHERM.

Easy- HE doesn't play FOR MY team anyMORE.

And relax- it's "enemy" only as it pertains to the gridiron. Nobody is wishing a terminal illness on him for Pete's sake.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Really looking forward to who we sign in free agency now. And this year's draft is super important to nail.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:31 pm

obiken wrote:I agree Assy! Does he have enough time in right now to make it into the Hall do you think?

You still engaging in the childish name-calling? It's so easy to be a disrespectful, passive-aggressive nebbish on the Internet.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:33 pm

burrrton wrote:Easy- HE doesn't play FOR MY team anyMORE.

And relax- it's "enemy" only as it pertains to the gridiron. Nobody is wishing a terminal illness on him for Pete's sake.

This^^^^ If Pete was to leave and go to another team he'd also be an "enemy" so to speak. I root for the Seahawks and not for an individual player or two.

That said, I'm extremely grateful for the seasons RS gave us. I do think he's closer to being finished than at his peak so it was a solid move by the F.O.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Largent80 wrote:Really looking forward to who we sign in free agency now. And this year's draft is super important to nail.

It will be a very interesting F.A. market this year. I think we go after supporting players and no big splashes that cost a bunch. Time to rebuild a young team and use some vets to teach the new guys.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:59 pm

obiken wrote:I agree Assy! Does he have enough time in right now to make it into the Hall do you think?

Aseahawkfan wrote:You still engaging in the childish name-calling? It's so easy to be a disrespectful, passive-aggressive nebbish on the Internet.

I think he was actually agreeing with you and asking a serious question.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:29 am

I agree Assy! Does he have enough time in right now to make it into the Hall do you think?

You still engaging in the childish name-calling? It's so easy to be a disrespectful, passive-aggressive nebbish on the Internet.

WTF, all I was doing is agreeing and asking a question???!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 am

obiken wrote:WTF, all I was doing is agreeing and asking a question???!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

The way you abbreviated his handle it looked as if you were calling him an ass.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby DGontheQT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 am

Richard if you get healthy and play , you'll have to beat up on other teams , as your bro - Russell Wilson isn't mad , we will throw to the other side of the field. I admire you for your passion , competitiveness and what you did for the Seahawks. Doesn't mean I'll be cheering on the 49er's , but I hope you go well. Don't fall for crap the vocal minority write or say. The silent majority respect our Champions.
DGontheQT
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 am

DGontheQT wrote:Richard if you get healthy and play , you'll have to beat up on other teams , as your bro - Russell Wilson isn't mad , we will throw to the other side of the field. I admire you for your passion , competitiveness and what you did for the Seahawks. Doesn't mean I'll be cheering on the 49er's , but I hope you go well. Don't fall for crap the vocal minority write or say. The silent majority respect our Champions.

Oh brother.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 am

The way you abbreviated his handle it looked as if you were calling him an ass.
Oh, that make sense but no. I should have gone with ASHF, I guess. No, I wouldnt do that.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Remember a long time ago when Saturday Night Live had I think Rob Schneider doing is bit with names (Tom, Tommy, the Tominator...) well we had a guy named Keith on our ball team and I was calling him the Keithster.
I was totally oblivious to what I was saying until about the end of the season. I was wondering why he was always giving me the stink eye, but I didn't have a clue until the season was just about done.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm

obiken wrote:Oh, that make sense but no. I should have gone with ASHF, I guess. No, I wouldnt do that.

Most people refer to me as Asea. If I was wrong about your intent, my apologies.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Remember a long time ago when Saturday Night Live had I think Rob Schneider doing is bit with names (Tom, Tommy, the Tominator...) well we had a guy named Keith on our ball team and I was calling him the Keithster.
I was totally oblivious to what I was saying until about the end of the season. I was wondering why he was always giving me the stink eye, but I didn't have a clue until the season was just about done.

The Keithster giving you the stink eye? Was that an intentional play on words or did you stumble across it? :lol:
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Are there really fans who would burn Sherman's jersey for going to SF, even if he was the one released by the Hawks, and he's just taking the best offer? I can't believe a fan would be that stupid to give Sherman more motivation to face us.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/3/12/ ... peter-king
I-5
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum